The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 20 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

  • KaruBlackKaruBlack Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2011
    wow I'm very very very tempted to download this and try it out. you don't have any mods or CC correct?
  • twobecameone2001twobecameone2001 Posts: 23
    edited June 2011
    Thanks this looks amazing. I am going to download it and try it out. Thanks for all your hard work. I know it took a lot of time. I really wish you could have managed to get the movie lot in there since it is the owrk place of some of my sims. I am rubbish about adding things in and having them line up with roads and look/work properly. If you could manage to get the movie lot in for us it would be amazing, if not, oh well. Thank you for your hard work and such a beautiful new SV.
  • Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited June 2011
    uo_amckay wrote:
    Firstly - thanks SO much for this. It was really needed.

    As for the movie lot - sadly, there isn't really a good place to put it that doesn't require a lot of fiddling. The movie lot is pretty large. Here's what a friend of mine had to say:
    After a small bit of fiddling I was able to find a place to put the movie lot. It's not where I'd like it, and I had to sacrifice some vacant residential lots for it, but I was able to place it. I put it at the top of the hill, near where the Rackets have their mansion. Between the road and the hillside are 2 40x40 lots and a slightly smaller lot (30x20 maybe? not sure). I deleted those 3 lots, then placed the 64x64 lot. It still took a bit of moving about to find a place where the game would let me place it. On the first time I tried, it did clip the hillside behind it, but with the fence around the lot (and other stuff along the back of the lot) it didn't look too bad. The back fence sort of looked like a retaining wall. I exited without saving, went back in, and tried to place the 64x64 lot again in that spot. Found a better place to put where it was closer to the road and didn't clip the hillside, except for a teeny bit in the back left corner. Again, with the fence around the lot the teeny bit of clipping didn't look bad. After placing the movie lot I was able to add one of the 40x40 lots back. There's a narrow bit between the residential lot and the movie lot. I'll go back at a later time and see if I can put a small lot (20x20 or so) in the space. Maybe make a small part or stick a taco truck on it. I'd prefer it not to be in a residential section, but closer to downtown or by one of the other rabbit holes. Ah well.

    I do wish LynxAQ would go back and edit the world to add the Movie Lot. It would probably be easier to add it using the World Builder to create a new location for it, rather than forcing us to sacrifice some of the few 40x40 lots available. I have several 40x30 lots, and EA has made several as well, and with the lack of lots those size in Sunset Valley (most are 30x40 -- short end goes along the road rather than the long end) the next best place to stick them is on a 40x40 lot.

    Again, thank you very much :)
    I just changed the city hall to the public services building from late night so that I had the military base and then put the movie lot where the military base it
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    uo_amckay wrote:
    Firstly - thanks SO much for this. It was really needed.

    As for the movie lot - sadly, there isn't really a good place to put it that doesn't require a lot of fiddling. The movie lot is pretty large. Here's what a friend of mine had to say:
    After a small bit of fiddling I was able to find a place to put the movie lot. It's not where I'd like it, and I had to sacrifice some vacant residential lots for it, but I was able to place it. I put it at the top of the hill, near where the Rackets have their mansion. Between the road and the hillside are 2 40x40 lots and a slightly smaller lot (30x20 maybe? not sure). I deleted those 3 lots, then placed the 64x64 lot. It still took a bit of moving about to find a place where the game would let me place it. On the first time I tried, it did clip the hillside behind it, but with the fence around the lot (and other stuff along the back of the lot) it didn't look too bad. The back fence sort of looked like a retaining wall. I exited without saving, went back in, and tried to place the 64x64 lot again in that spot. Found a better place to put where it was closer to the road and didn't clip the hillside, except for a teeny bit in the back left corner. Again, with the fence around the lot the teeny bit of clipping didn't look bad. After placing the movie lot I was able to add one of the 40x40 lots back. There's a narrow bit between the residential lot and the movie lot. I'll go back at a later time and see if I can put a small lot (20x20 or so) in the space. Maybe make a small part or stick a taco truck on it. I'd prefer it not to be in a residential section, but closer to downtown or by one of the other rabbit holes. Ah well.

    I do wish LynxAQ would go back and edit the world to add the Movie Lot. It would probably be easier to add it using the World Builder to create a new location for it, rather than forcing us to sacrifice some of the few 40x40 lots available. I have several 40x30 lots, and EA has made several as well, and with the lack of lots those size in Sunset Valley (most are 30x40 -- short end goes along the road rather than the long end) the next best place to stick them is on a 40x40 lot.

    Again, thank you very much :)

    Actually I have had alot of requests for this, so good news is I will be sitting down and putting it in over the next 1 or 2 days. Will let people know when it is done and change the download link to the new one.
  • uo_amckayuo_amckay Posts: 54
    edited June 2011
    You're so awesome, Lynx. I really, really appreciate it, and I'm sure others do, to :-)

    I'm really enjoying the town - it's Sunset Valley with whipped cream and a cherry :-)

    Kayla, that's not a bad idea. Thanks so much for the suggestion :-)
  • Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited June 2011
    uo_amckay wrote:
    You're so awesome, Lynx. I really, really appreciate it, and I'm sure others do, to :-)

    I'm really enjoying the town - it's Sunset Valley with whipped cream and a cherry :-)

    Kayla, that's not a bad idea. Thanks so much for the suggestion :-)

    You're welcome. It is what I did when I shuffled things around for the orginal Sunset Valley. You may have to turn on moveobjects to place city hall though.
  • Vivian54Vivian54 Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just checked Sunset Valley 2 and it is awesome. Thanks so much!!! I placed the Movie Studio by deleting the Goth home and changing it to a 64 x 64 lot. I move it around till the parking lot was by the road and removed part of the fence. I also added parking spaces.

    Vivian54
  • Dalenina042475Dalenina042475 Posts: 131 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks a lot, I am downloading as we speak.
  • lulzlulz Posts: 1,075 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I.... LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,951 Member
    edited June 2011
    Need this on the exchange

    my virus program will not let me download from this place.If you need to change the name just use SunnyValley.
    or something. Hope you can get this on the EA Exchange.

    this looks so good.

  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,542 Member
    edited June 2011
    I was so excited when the OP said some families from Riverview were included in this version of Sunset Valley. But I guess Don Lothario is not one of the families that got transported. :( I was looking forward to having him back in the valley again to drive all the sim girls crazy!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,284 Member
    edited June 2011
  • brian96brian96 Posts: 830 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Dayum, this is exactly what I've always wanted *drooling* I love the houses you placed too
  • l0ren7l0ren7 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited June 2011
    THANKS!! I'm downloading!!
  • WorldWar3434WorldWar3434 Posts: 144
    edited June 2011
    Great world! Thanks for all your hard work and time. I look forward to playing in this world (OLS and Generations comes Tuesday).
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    Due to loads of requests, I left work a little earlier and spent my evening adding in the Studio Lot from Night Life.

    The new version is currently being uploaded. Unfortunately my war with the exchange is ongoing, so MediaFire will still have to suffice.

    I have updated the original post with extra requested information and with this new aerial screenshot of the studio area.

    rebuildj.jpg

    Enjoy!
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    The version with the Studio Lot is now available!!

    Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?c2ic74l7sirsjop

    Original posts download link has been updated as well, so it makes no difference whether you use this one or the original post one.

    Short of there being something broken in the world, I highly doubt I will make anymore changes to the world in the near future.

    Hope you guys enjoy the world.
  • aliciakayray86aliciakayray86 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank You! I've attempted to redo sunset valley but my attempt wasn't this good :) Thank you so much... I kind of feel you should be payed for your hard work lol.... hmmm... maybe EA could hire you to revamp there neighborhoods... jk
  • omg_a_cowomg_a_cow Posts: 22
    edited June 2011
    brian96 wrote:
    Dayum, this is exactly what I've always wanted *drooling* I love the houses you placed too

    so true so true.
    good work LynxAQ
  • AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    Due to loads of requests, I left work a little earlier and spent my evening adding in the Studio Lot from Night Life.

    The new version is currently being uploaded. Unfortunately my war with the exchange is ongoing, so MediaFire will still have to suffice.

    Enjoy!

    Thank you so much for adding this in so quickly! I should be getting my copy of Generations tomorrow and I'm downloading this to start a new game with when I install it. :D
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    Due to loads of requests, I left work a little earlier and spent my evening adding in the Studio Lot from Night Life.

    The new version is currently being uploaded. Unfortunately my war with the exchange is ongoing, so MediaFire will still have to suffice.

    Enjoy!

    Thank you so much for adding this in so quickly! I should be getting my copy of Generations tomorrow and I'm downloading this to start a new game with when I install it. :D

    Quickly :O - I spent like 5-6 hours of my evening changing it, but it was needed and I do enjoy making it. Still can't believe I completely forgot about the studio lot to start with.
  • PichonPichon Posts: 71
    edited June 2011
    You are my favourite person in the wrold right now!!! Can't wait to get home and download it :D THANKYOU!!!
  • plumpie09plumpie09 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you, LynxAQ ! Downloaded and can't wait to play.
  • singgoutloudxsinggoutloudx Posts: 3,424 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Looks great! Will possibly download in a few days!

    :thumbup:

    As for the upload, sometimes logging out and logging back in on the launcher works for me! Maybe try that out?

    ;)
  • cabernetvinecabernetvine Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for this amazing neighborhood! It's perfect and I'm importing my family there right now. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top