Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I swear I'm not trying to be a pain :lol: but just want to make sure the above includes decks too?
    For example, if you placed your house 20x15, then you only have 10x15 to work with, correct

I believe it's actually 9x13 due to being unable to build right up to the property line, so take the exact half of the lot and build on one half, which means the largest possible footprint is 9x13.
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    edited April 2020
    i've finished my easter house pictures download
    Post edited by seaben on
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2020
    Your codes aren't right @seaben. For the codes to work you need no spaces in the code itself.
    pictures

Nice Easter colors and a nice size house for the family.
  • Options
    i now the code was not right @ciane it took me a half hour to figure out the right way to code it but it's coded right now and i added the download link
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #225 - A Tiny Hangout

NAME: PINKUSFAMILY
    LINK TO LOT: A Tiny Hangout
    LINK TO MEDIA:*A Tiny Hangout **
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: I don't know yet. This is my 2nd entry..
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Size: 20x15 Address:Special made lot on Wanderers Way in Barnacle Bay Final cost $29,749
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This Small Home boasts- 1 bed room, a working kitchen with a Bar, a Full Bath and study area, and a comfortable living room for gaming & entertaining..The house itself is no bigger than half of the lot, placed to the left side of the lot. There is plenty of yard space to socialize..The budget was $30,000. $29,149 was the cost of the Home & furnishings. Most of the cost was spent inside...The Lot alone was $600.. Final total cost $29,749..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    94269026_2687654974787910_4281261372458663936_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=UyA-4SY3mhEAX9_6FyP&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=ec37224f637668c3a0f469d5ba51afaf&oe=5EC46D08

94102443_2687656298121111_7694448444953329664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=olXkxUuJ8msAX_gzIVA&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=268dba1127aa3a780a2de7b421f1ba03&oe=5EC22A72
  • Options
    @seaben Glad you got the link to work. What a colorful house, and I like the combined playroom for the kids!

@Pinkusfamily Like how you added the fence for privacy. And that's an amazing kitchen!

On a completely unrelated note, what is that gray stone house you captured in the background of a couple of your pictures? I'd love a peek at that!
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily I like your build and love the color palette for the bathroom and that you used L shaped stairs ❤️
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily - I love the different colored chairs and the bath is my fav!
  • Options
    Oh, Everybody !

Thank you so much..

I tried to do something different..

Thank you, I really appreciate your feed back !!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @creativemetaphor That is the neighbors house..
    Guess I will have Guy go visit her & Take some pictures while he is there for you...
    Since I have not played Sims 3 in a while .. I was thinking on having him go to University..
    I have been debating putting Guy on the exchange and in here for the Challenge...
    More pictures of this home here : Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

94068191_2687776384775769_4940715693378109440_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=-CsMrc4oNOYAX_y68yT&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=f17ae8502a680ad1edd0d7baebf25d6e&oe=5EC3E222
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I swear I'm not trying to be a pain :lol: but just want to make sure the above includes decks too?
    For example, if you placed your house 20x15, then you only have 10x15 to work with, correct

I believe it's actually 9x13 due to being unable to build right up to the property line, so take the exact half of the lot and build on one half, which means the largest possible footprint is 9x13.

Thanks @creativemetaphor :smile:

@iampes23 - can you confirm? I just want to make sure that I'm able to maximise all space as the build I've currently got mapped out is 10x9. It's the 10 across that I'm worried about rather than the 9 back :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Pinkusfamily The privacy fence and bold colors inside & out seem right up Guy's alley! LOVE the open plan living/entertaining/eating area upstairs. The dartboard as well as the telescope on the balcony are great ideas I wish I had thought of, lol
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily - I like the atmosphere and layout of that little BB stone house. Thanks for sharing the pics.
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily It looks like a cozy little Irish cottage, I love it!
  • Options
    KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    NAME: Kesminlix
    LINK TO LOT: Guy's Barndominium
    LINK TO MEDIA: Photos
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A
    LEVEL: Intermediate?
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15, Custom Placed Lot in Riverview, $29,637
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Built in an old barn in the back 40 of the Orange Farm, Guy has updated this barn to a "barndominium". Mostly in darker, almost gray scale tones, it has accents of green and of course, orange! Contains 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom with plenty of space to party and have extensive gaming marathons. Oh, and a desk where Guy can study!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A... It's CC FREE!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2CefHHK.jpg
    4BBW5NF.jpg
  • Options
    It looks like a perfect university pad! Love the build. Great layout. Love the look of the exterior, all the fun things to do, and that brick interior.
  • Options
    A barn renovation is a great idea @Kesminlix :smile:
    Plenty of things to keep a Uni student and his friends occupied and amused. Love the mix of brickwork and wood as well as the pops of orange here & there. The partial privacy fence is a good idea.
  • Options
    @Kesminlix I like your build it looks so spacious great idea to use a merphy bed
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Oh no! I'm almost late to the party. I see a new batch of cute builds for Guy.

@creativemetaphor Wow! That is some mansion! I love the layout and of course all the colors say Easter, Spring and are happy.
    @Seaben That's a nice, bright Victorian style Easter house you built. I love that era house.
    @Pinkusfamily Great build for a college bound Guy. I noticed all the fun stuff you got in there, even a stereo on a small budget.
    @Kesminlix I love that little house. I really like the roof with the dormers, it looks so charming. You also worked in the orange color.
    @ciane Your Easter house came out really good, very much like your inspiration picture. I like the open areas so the kids can zoom around in the walkers.

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited April 2020
    Here is my Easter House

Built at 750 Old Farm Road in Riverview. I spent $141,286. This house has two floors.

I went a little crazy with pictures if you want to see more --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/183138166@N05/albums/72157714027247612/with/49814922222/

First floor - As you enter the house the living room is to your left, the dining room is straight ahead, the kitchen is to your right. Mom's craft room is in the round room off the living room. Dad's study is off the kitchen. There is also a small sitting area and a half bath near the stairs. Outside is a large patio with seating, a picnic table and a barbecue.

Follow the eggs to a kids play area with a sandbox and a three house. Follow the cobblestone walkway to a nice outdoor seating area and the garden with a chicken coop. The garden is pre-planted with lettuce, jellybean trees and other assorted veggies.

When you get upstairs there is a huge play area with a reading nook, toy boxes, book shelves and playpen. There's a laundry room and Dad's workout room up here as well as the master bedroom with private bath and sitting room and the kids rooms with a shared bath.

49814613301_0290b16ce2_h.jpg

49814922222_d52a7c6ec8_h.jpg
  • Options
    I like the idea of following the Easter eggs to to the play area! Nice flower variety and color! The kids playroom is probably my fav - very much soft Easter colors!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #225 - A Tiny Hangout

NAME: aricarai

LINK TO LOT: The Arcadian

LINK TO MEDIA: BOOP

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15, placed lot in Moonlight Falls, §30,598 (furnished including §600 lot cost) | §17,044 (unfurnished)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Guy Orange seems like a broody teenager with a slight attitude problem who will most likely spend more time playing video games than actually studying, so I built The Arcadian with the view that it was an old industrial looking arcade and focused most of the budget on the basement gaming area. The decor is quite dark - to match Guy's moodiness - but there are pops of brightness throughout, specifically orange. Because he's a uni student, I figured that most of his furniture would be mismatched and cheap, apart from his gaming room where his prize possessions are - gaming console and vintage arcade machine.

The interior living space measures 5x9 with three levels, although the basement is smaller. With stairs to the rooftop and cantilevers, the whole house is 10x9 with the side yard decorated as a space for outdoor activities and hanging out.

Features:
    - 1 bedroom area
    - 1 bathroom
    - Study area
    - Gaming room
    - Roof top hang out area
    - Fire pit
    - Horseshoe court
    - BBQ & Outdoor dining area

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

TWITTER TAG: @plumioux

FACEBOOK PROFILE: n/a

TUMBLR LINK: BEEP

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

49821602082_971408d376_z.jpg

49820752108_109785dce2_z.jpg
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    Very industrial look! I like the basement hang-out and the rooftop ping-pong. Maybe the keg on the rooftop isn't the best place... imagine juiced sims having to navigate the stairs!
  • Options
    It looks terrific @aricarai :)
    Like always, you have the industrial look perfected and efficiently used the space while making it stylish and eye-catching!
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Very industrial look! I like the basement hang-out and the rooftop ping-pong. Maybe the keg on the rooftop isn't the best place... imagine juiced sims having to navigate the stairs!

@ciane - you're right; a keg on the roof probably isn't the best idea, but y'know some students are a bit reckless :mrgreen:
    ADWilson wrote: »
    It looks terrific @aricarai :)
    Like always, you have the industrial look perfected and efficiently used the space while making it stylish and eye-catching!

Thank you @ADWilson :heart:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top