Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @Nomiko13 thank you! I just wish the game wouldn't be so slow on my computer, but I'm managing :D
    When I found out that cache was responsible by stumbling across 16,000 files in the 'Featured Items' folder and several GB worth of DCBackup files, I deleted them and my game ran like it was brand new!

I usually always delete my cache and DCBackup before I play (maybe more so lately when I've been clearing out most of my CC that I don't use anyways). I didn't know about the "Featured items", though. I'll look into that :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @LillaGrisen Mhm. Featured Items are literally just pics of shop items. It accumulates ridiculously :flushed: Even if you haven't played the game, simply buying shop items creates them XD
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @Nomiko13 Yeah, I checked and saw just a ton of .png files. 691 to be exact :flushed:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen :sob: lol that's bananas!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    @Nomiko13 By the way, Nomiko. I actually do have a physical copy of Sims2, and they said because of that they were able to get it to me (though I had to take a photo of the game disc (after writing the current date on it in sharpie), the game case, and the leaflet with the code on it, and add it to my case. I've heard so many good things about Sims2, so I'm excited to try it out.

I've been busy the last few days though - I was working on writing a tutorial for pattern hoarders, especially after I figured out how to convert multi-layer patterns to .package files that will work in-game. Finally finished it today, but now my mouse is buggy.

In less off-topic news... I'm getting ads tonight... yay! More gifting in my future hopefully.
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey peeps. No ads for me, so sadly I can't throw things at people. But I do have a link to end all your Featured Items folder woes. Make it read only.

Happy Day
  • Options
    @scillakees Omg thanks so much!!!! Just got through with deleting my last 400+ files for the last time :relaxed:

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @gnlovew thank you so much for the wonderful gifts!!!!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    KarnzterKarnzter Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2017
    @KikyoMibu, @BenjaminBankss, @Ariel0105, @NerdyMcNerdPants, @ohmyglobguys, @skylar188, @ppersefone, @R3imiu, @MocaJava, @laurelar, @Kitiara and @MangAnimeJe; hope you guys like your gifts and received it without issues beforehand ;)
    I'm in your Top 5s and Wishlists. Gifting you pretty stuff ;)

Proud complete Store catalogue owner since 2023 🎉

TS3 MyPage | Ursine family tree, currently four generations in
  • Options
    @Karnzter that's so nice of you! I'm sure all of them will be happy simmers! <3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Ktarian wrote: »
    @Nomiko13 By the way, Nomiko. I actually do have a physical copy of Sims2, and they said because of that they were able to get it to me (though I had to take a photo of the game disc (after writing the current date on it in sharpie), the game case, and the leaflet with the code on it, and add it to my case. I've heard so many good things about Sims2, so I'm excited to try it out.

I've been busy the last few days though - I was working on writing a tutorial for pattern hoarders, especially after I figured out how to convert multi-layer patterns to .package files that will work in-game. Finally finished it today, but now my mouse is buggy.

In less off-topic news... I'm getting ads tonight... yay! More gifting in my future hopefully.

@Ktarian That's so awesome!!! You're going to love TS2! And that's fantastic you're getting ads :smiley:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    NerdyMcNerdPantsNerdyMcNerdPants Posts: 49 Member
    OMG. I feel so sad. I've been swamped with college work and I haven't had time to play in a few days!! Do you guys know the struggle of not having time to play?
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyMcNerdPants
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Ktarian omg Thanks for the gifts! :relaxed: I just checked out my page and now I can update my top five. Here is an updated top 5, y'all! :)

@NerdyMcNerdPants Yes, I do for sure. I have college and my job to juggle so I hardly have any time to play. I just stack up on simpoints to fill in the gap for when I want to buy my most wanted items out of the DD or the Make Me An Offer machine.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @Nomiko13 how did you get a direct link to your comments? I updated my top 5 but idk how to link to it haha!
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

• Options
    KarnzterKarnzter Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2017
    Do you guys know the struggle of not having time to play?

Oh yeah. The struggle is real D:

I haven't played Overwatch for 4 days straight, possibly turning five if I still can't tonight. I was planning to play once a day while the Year of the Rooster event is ongoing just to get the Lunar Loot Boxes every time I level up.

But I may have to resort to buying them before the event ends on February 14 (February 13 West Coast US and Canada) because of both office and house work I have, coming home late due to overtime work and/or heavy traffic and bad laggy shared Internet :(
    I'm in your Top 5s and Wishlists. Gifting you pretty stuff ;)

Proud complete Store catalogue owner since 2023 🎉

TS3 MyPage | Ursine family tree, currently four generations in
  • Options
    neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    @Nomiko13 congrats on getting TS2 ultimate collection for free! EA did so good on releasing the whole collection for free for a couple of days years ago, and it's so nice of them to still continue giving a copy to diehard fans of the games if they ask. It really is a good deal. Good on you for getting it on your second try! The collection's loads of fun, I'm excited for you to try it out!

@LillaGrisen On reddit, I've read about countless people having had trouble requesting for the collection. I really think it depends on the agent you speak to. Sometimes, some of then are just plain mean or unaware that they can give the collection out, but other times, you may just get lucky and get a great agent! Good luck and keep trying!
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
  • Options
    @Nomiko13 how did you get a direct link to your comments? I updated my top 5 but idk how to link to it haha!

@NerdyMcNerdPants
    See this above your comment?
    forum_10.png
    Click it and then copy/paste the link :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    @Karnzter Thank you for the gifts you've helped a lot. I recently got seasons and thought some of these items would be awesome to play with alongside the sims three seasons! Thanks again.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member

Updated My Top Five:
    Link To Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Robertjameess
    Link To top-five: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14528289/#Comment_14528289
    Removed: All Five items, due to receiving them.
    Replaced: All Five items.
    Extra information: Hi Guys, I'm back after months of not being here. Sorry for not posting i've been busy with my job and other work that is needed. I hope all of you got those gifts I sent out before I left. I am here to stay now so you'll be seeing my here a lot more now. - Ben
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    @Ktarian That's so awesome!!! You're going to love TS2! And that's fantastic you're getting ads :smiley:
    I got more ads last night than I have in quite a while. I did some gifting, and still had more simpoints than I started with before I slept. WOOT.

Honestly, I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the ability to buy simpoints directly from the sims3 site and get bonus items with them. I was seriously going to slowly buy simpoints to gift with to get the bonus items. ;-; Then they made it so you can only buy simpoints via origin and all the bonus items went away. I did get the one or two I wanted most before that happened, but... I think it's really sad that for some items now, there is literally no possible way of getting them. You can't even pay for them!

Also, I'm so happy you replied. Last time I tagged someone, they never replied, and I was starting to wonder if my tags just weren't working or I was invisible or something. ^-^;;
  • Options
    neenahhh wrote: »
    @Nomiko13 congrats on getting TS2 ultimate collection for free! EA did so good on releasing the whole collection for free for a couple of days years ago, and it's so nice of them to still continue giving a copy to diehard fans of the games if they ask. It really is a good deal. Good on you for getting it on your second try! The collection's loads of fun, I'm excited for you to try it out!
    @neenahhh Thank you so much! I love The Sims 2 so far. I love how you can have turn ons/offs and how the sims react realistically to rejection. I created a male and female sim with intention on marrying them right away, but because the female had a quality that was a turn off to the male, he brushed her off for a while but then ever since he walked in on her bathing, he's tried to romantically pursue her by offering backrubs but she declined his advances. Right when she started dating a male sim from meeting him at a club, my male sim developed feelings for her and she was marked down as a "crush" in his relationships, yet he was just marked as a "friend" in hers, so I took it upon myself to invite the guy I had her dating over to the apartment. They made out on the couch after she asked him to move in and the male sim was heartbroken and infuriated at the both of them. The male sim who was too little too late in pursuing the female sim moved out to his own place from the lovebirds. :joy:

And it's thanks to the generous advisors who're still giving them away because apparently, they're not supposed to, according to a friend who works for EA (who also wouldn't give me a copy of TS2). :heart:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Ktarian wrote: »
    I got more ads last night than I have in quite a while. I did some gifting, and still had more simpoints than I started with before I slept. WOOT.

Honestly, I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the ability to buy simpoints directly from the sims3 site and get bonus items with them. I was seriously going to slowly buy simpoints to gift with to get the bonus items. ;-; Then they made it so you can only buy simpoints via origin and all the bonus items went away. I did get the one or two I wanted most before that happened, but... I think it's really sad that for some items now, there is literally no possible way of getting them. You can't even pay for them!

Also, I'm so happy you replied. Last time I tagged someone, they never replied, and I was starting to wonder if my tags just weren't working or I was invisible or something. ^-^;;

@Ktarian wow, seriously!? There were bonus items? Ah, I missed out on that because I only started buying simpoints right when we were only able to buy them on Origin. That's a downer. Were they bonus items like how the Make Me an Offer machine has exclusive items you can't buy from the shop categories?

Aw :smile: You'd never be invisible, haha.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @Nomiko13 So I can can post this is my updated top 5
    Thanks! That's soo cool! That makes me so excited that like ppl are so willing to help and give advice!
    @Karnzter Recently I've been getting re-addicted to playing GTA San Andreas, but the multiplayer mod for PC. It's honestly so great. I don't know if many have played it though. it'd be soo cool if they did!

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Extra information: Hi Guys, I'm back after months of not being here. Sorry for not posting i've been busy with my job and other work that is needed. I hope all of you got those gifts I sent out before I left. I am here to stay now so you'll be seeing my here a lot more now. - Ben

@BenjaminBankss Welcome back to forums. And it's understandable that life has kept you busy. You probably don't know me since I literally just gained membership back in December, but it's nice to meet ya! :blush:

@Nomiko13 So I can can post this is my updated top 5
    Thanks! That's soo cool! That makes me so excited that like ppl are so willing to help and give advice!
    @Karnzter Recently I've been getting re-addicted to playing GTA San Andreas, but the multiplayer mod for PC. It's honestly so great. I don't know if many have played it though. it'd be soo cool if they did!

@NerdyMcNerdPants Of course :) TS3 community has been so warm and welcoming to me since I got involved with these forums. Generous folks have helped me gain member status within a couple days back in December 2016 and have shown me the ropes around the Daily Deals/cascades, which led me to owning a ton of free items.

Ohh the nostalgia! I haven't played Sandreas for YEARS. :heart:

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @gnlovew thank you so much for the wonderful gifts!!!!

You're so welcome! :smiley: It was a lot of fun! :smiley: