Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    @VioletHorse - Welcome! We'd love to have some item names so we can add you to the directory since one gift off the top of your wish list would throw all your numbers out the window. I am going to wait to include you in the directory until after you've complied with my, hopefully polite, request. :blush:

@Breazona - Welcome back! I have a quick question. Did you receive the four little gifts I sent you on August 17? I'm trying to keep track of where my SimPoints go.

Yes, I did recieve those gifts. I guess I forgot to mention that in my thank you thread. Sorry about that!
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Oh my goodness...thanks @ApparentlyAwesome and @debbycanty for more new clothing! Per the usual, I'm still sitting here watching Bill Nye the Science Guy and still mindlessly click, click, clicking. I'm existing in my own little universe over here. If I didn't see I had messages I'd sit here all night...thankfully, having to snap back to reality has made me check the clock and realize I have 30 more minutes before I try my nightly unwinding. It rarely leads to sleep but at least I get a lot of reading done laying in bed. So goodnight (or, good morning? Morning...technically...) for now. I'll be back tomorrow for more click, click, clicking :relaxed: GAH! I forgot I have to take all my nighttime medicine too...::snarl:: Alright, I'm a hot mess...talk to you all soon! :D
  • Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    Thank you so much @waterhornet. I hope you aren't ill. I feel you about the night time meds. I practically rattle with them myself. But considering the alterative blah. Take care x0x
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    My great pleasure, @WaterHornet! It is morning, technically, isn't it? 1:55 am here, and I don't usually fall asleep until 3 or 4 am. I miss when I was fast asleep at 11 pm, but if I sit still in the day time too long I get sleepy easily. It just throws me all off. Hope your nightly unwinding goes well! :grin:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    @debbycanty and @ApparentlyAwesome I figure I can sort of address your comments in one fell swoop, since they're pretty much aligned. I uh, am certainly ill and when I go anywhere I literally do rattle with pill bottles in my pockets. Right now it's, what, 3:15 AM here on the East Coast of the USA. Way, WAY back in high school I was like clockwork; in bed at 9 PM sharp every...single...night. Now, well right now it's been over a week where I'm falling asleep at 5-6 in the morning which is awful. I keep trying to sleep but it just doesn't happen in any sort of normal capacity. I too usually fall asleep at 3-4 AM but this watching the sun come up nonsense is extremely bothersome. Sadly, in 2011 I was diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer called Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Now, before you think the worst, I'm responding well to the medication but it comes with some nasty side effects, insomnia being one of them. The yucky part is I have to take the medicine for the rest of my life, which currently is expected to be normal, because the disease is under control but it's not cured and never will be currently; send a PM if you want to whole story...it's rather interesting actually. What "normal lifespan" is I don't really know but I guess people live to, oh, I don't know, 75 on average? Well, being a man we tend to live years less than women so...even though I think you gals have it really rough at least you get to live longer! LOL!
    Then, a few months after that diagnosis (and I needed a blood transfusion and all sorts of gross stuff) I got diagnosed with a rare form of glaucoma called Pigmentary Glaucoma and that the pressure was so high that it caused permanent vision loss in the lower right quadrant of my right eye. So that was really fun...and I'm on three eye drops twice daily and just a few months back the pressure shot back up again. So I had to have some stupid laser treatment to get that corrected. So, the form of glaucoma I have causes pieces of the colored part of my eye (the iris) to flake off inside and clog up the drainage channels causing the high pressure. The people I know who've had laser treatments were like "Oh, it's so easy. It doesn't hurt. Blablabla...a bunch of stuff that's supposed to make a person feel better...blablabla" but, come to find out, they had different treatment than I did! ::rolls eyes:: My family, always trying to help and missing the mark. :) The treatment doesn't hurt, but that's because they load my eyes up with numbing drops and then the doctor shoves this lens against my eyeball to guide the light to where it needs to go! Once the drops wear off is when the pain starts...light, moving my eyes, trying to focus on something close up, etc., all cause this awful pain. BUT, because nothing is ever easy when I do it and it's always complicated, I'll probably have to get this treatment every year. And I really hope it works; I don't want to have straight up surgery but I also don't want to go blind either. THEN (oh, you didn't think this was ending did you? Sorry, I hope you have the time to read this horror story...), well wait...first it was cancer, then it was my first back injury which needed corrective surgery on an exploded spinal disc, then the eyes...THEN I was sitting as a passenger in my mom's car and we got rear ended in this really, really bad accident. Imagine going from a complete resting state to suddenly being thrown 50 feet. So that reinjured my back and it's in the middle of litigation and I'm trying to fight with the insurance companies to get the same disc repaired that was operated on prior. It's so mangled and destroyed from the car accident that it needs to come completely out and fitted with a prosthetic one. Alright, that's my nightmare story (though I could list out all the tragedy I've experienced if you want to sit for half a year reading it! LOL!) and I'm sticking to it :D So every day it's chemotherapy, eye drops, and pain medication...and it's not fun at all...BUT I have The Sims 3 community to come to each day roughly to do my mindless points farming to give out presents.
    I tried to keep my "business" out of the forums but, now that I'm entrenched it's like, "Why not...maybe other people out there are dealing with the same thing(s) I am and can be like 'Hey, Water, I'm going through this too so, like, let's be friends'' or whatever. I doubt it, since CML is so not common especially in young people. I was 26 when I was admitted to the hospital. And, honestly, preliminary tests were pointing to a terminal diagnosis and I'll admit I was scared out of my mind. But, well, now that I think of it, I was shown how fragile and short life really is. I think that's another thing that fuels my near constant gifting around here; we only have so much time to be generous, nice, kind, lovely, awesome, whatever and I really have no time to waste of being selfish and horrid and for what purpose anyway? I know some people who get and stay sick get angry at everyone and everything and I'm just not programmed to be like that to begin with. Alright, this lost is long enough and probably should be someplace else but...here it is for all to see! Alright, off to read for realsies and try to calm this brain of mine that won't stop running!!!
  • Options
    shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2015
    @WaterHornet I feel really sorry hearing about what you had to experience and you are still facing..
    Hope you'll always find your way in life and you'll never allow difficulties to stop you.. Best wishes, really...
    However I agree with you, this community is full of nice people, real people. When I get a gift, it's not the gift itself that makes me happy, but the fact that others are trying to be kind,spread smiles and somehow share their life with you,..

Here's my top 5!
    Happy simming!! :smiley:

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    I was just about to pop in and say, hey hope you're all well and then duck out again. But then I saw what @WaterHornet had to say. I am so so so very sorry for all of your troubles, I hope you can find the strength to keep your chin up through all of this. My best wishes and *hugs* are sent to you as well as all the faith in the world that you will pull through. <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Hugs of support to you @WaterHornet I can sort of relate to your medical issues, my mother has Graves Disease from an over-active thyroid. She's had a lot of eye-problems, ulceration and ended up having two bouts of radiation to kill off both the Thyroid and to try and reduce the eye-swelling. She has been in a hell of a lot of pain, and it just kills me to see, and to hear about anyone having eye-issues ever since. My Dad recently had two strokes in a row, and things have been tough for them, my siblings couldn't care any less if they tried but that's another issue. I'm the youngest adult child, and returned home to help take care of them.... I have issues with anxiety and such, and really have no friends here. I work part time, but the people are so clique-y and hard to get along with I find - and so The Sims game is my 'escape' and distraction etc. Something that makes me smile when things are tough. I hope it's the same for you, too! <3
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I've updated my wishlist and my top 5 on page 485. Happy simming to all and have a great day.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    edited August 2015
    @WaterHornet I can't say I understand you, it's surely a lot your going through and admire your mindset! I do think I'm insomniac, last night I slept 7am the nights before 6am. It's a lonely living to be awake so long and I loved to find out about this forum also because there's pretty much always someone online :)
    I hope they find cures for the things you told us about. I've heard about this cancer type and it takes quite a lot of time as for as I know to 'refresh' the blood every time again, so it would be great if you ever get your time back.
    Also I'm glad you like your gift, I apreciate everything you've given me already so I really wanted to give something back :)

@AMofOz I think it's awesome you're there for your parents, I guess true heroes are the ones that help others eventhough circumstances may be hard. I'm glad you've found your escape in the Sims!

@Reachsims, thank you very much for the gifts! I've updated my top five ;)
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited August 2015
    @WaterHornet - I am at a loss for words here. I just really feel for you and cannot imagine your suffering. I am so sorry that all this has befallen you. The only positive thing I can think of saying is that this is the kind of stuff that helps us build character and with all the extra stuff you have to endure, well, it's helped to build the finer person that you are. Of course, you already know that. *Hugs*

@AMofOZ - I am sorry for your parents' health problems and what that is costing you personally but what a fine and faithful daughter you have chosen to be. My prayers and thoughts are with you and our WaterBug friend as you endure some of these cruel turns in life. I am so glad we have this place full of wonderful people and a game that allows us a bit of escape from life's harsher realities. *Hugs* all around!

EDIT: @SjappielovePaul - You're most welcome. Hope those help out with grabbing the set.
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    this truly is an amazing comunity I wish the world could be more like the sims forums
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    @WaterHornet I am so sorry. I can't imagine what your going through.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    @WaterHornet I hate that you're going through all that. I just wish everyone I the world could be happy and healthy, you know? It's amazing to me that you have such a positive outlook, but I'm glad you do! The sims community, is a great place full of great people. We may not technically know each other or be able to recognize each other specifically walking down the street, but we're very supportive and we're rooting for you! All the supportive comments here and the fact that a thread like this even exists kind of surprises me.

The stupid and ridiculous things I see alone in real life just going about my day, tend to make me lose hope in humanity, but then I come here on the forums and I see people giving gifts, sharing creations and pictures and stories, having actual discussions where each party talks and listens! It's like finally finding your people!

You may not find anyone going through exactly what you are, but you've definitely got a lot of friends and a lot of support here Water. My (and many simmers) hugs and best wishes. :heart:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    It's like finally finding your people!

I was not about to quote your lovely post in its entirety @ApparentlyAwesome but I had to quote that one line. I love that line. It makes tears form in my eyes. Clans and kinship and love. Thanks to our friends for posting words of comfort for other friends! We live in hope.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by picklesthecat114 on
  • Options
    SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    I have updated my post thanks everyone :') You all make my life a little brighter.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13915533/#Comment_13915533
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • Options
    @tinkknitz - Your wish list is empty. Did you finish off the store? :)

@picklesthecat114 - Can you add your wish list link to your top five post? It saves the shoppers a wee bit of time. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I'll try, but half of the time it doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    @picklesthecat114 - This is your link. If you cannot add it to your post, then you can create a new one.

[url=*http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=picklesthecat114]My wish list[/url*]

^^Remove the two stars so it shows up correctly once it's posted. :) [/url]
  • Options
    @picklesthecat114 - This is your link. If you cannot add it to your post, then you can create a new one.

[url=*http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=picklesthecat114]My wish list[/url*]

^^Remove the two stars so it shows up correctly once it's posted. :) [/url]

thankyou! :)

• Options
    I finally have Street Couture - Kids and Teens, so I've updated my top five and I'm now working on the More Magic! set! :smiley:

Everything on my top five list is either 81 or 61 simpoints.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    @VioletHorse (love your name, by the way) - It's all good. I just confused myself with your signature. Meā Culpā.
    Thank. I like purple and I love horses.

• Options
    shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    Updated my wishlist post
    The top 5 are still the same but I added a lot of items from other sets I want to my wishlist page since it was getting kinda sparse in there LOL.
    tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
  • Options
    runzurunzu Posts: 184 Member
    Updated my Top 5 again! Thank you to @Reachsims for being generous with her time!
    My picture perfect world is full of 'imperfections' and diversity. I don't own TS4.

Wishlist | Top 5 Wishlist | My Thank You Thread | Gift TPAY | Household Creation Game | Squeaky Clean Wishlist | RIP Past Sims