Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations sucks so hard/seems quite unfinished

Comments

• Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited April 2011
    hjv9 wrote:
    Kael, the troll comment was rude.

No having hate topics obviously made to incite a flame war with their wording and content pop up in droves every day is rude.

There are plenty of topics that this could have been posted in along with the rest.

And calling out an obvious troll post isn't rude, defending a troll is.

It's a disgusting state these forums are in when the people who whine and complain every day across multiple topics and multiple sections of the forums are allowed to do so constantly but as soon as someone else who actually plays and likes the game pops in they are immediately attacked and ridiculed.

I've only seen one forum that ever was as volatile and one-sided as this one and it led to the death and degredation of the forums.

So excuse me if I'd rather have topics discussing the game and features rather then 8/10 topics on the first page complaining about how it's not the perfect vision of what one particular person wanted.
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited April 2011
    Come on... name one big feature in Generations...

and everyone knows EA won't release a new EP that is completly bug-free...
    memories, dating, daycare profession, boarding schools and the Imaginary friend. Then you have all the new CAS stuff, body hair, new hairs and outfits, tons of new interactions, a ton of new objects and more!
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited April 2011
    I mean...
    -no new 'hood
    -I hate children :twisted:
    -no one requested something like this; everybody wants either pets, weather or college...
    -few content, no new major features
    ->seems like a filler
    -this EP will have major bugs as well... Let's not pretend EA making a bug-free EP... *ugh* :roll:
    -there are some cool features, but it seems like something they could've put out as a family life SP or something... I want it to be cheaper than the other EPs

EA is getting worse and worse...they're messing up the entire Sims 3...
    any thoughts on that?

3. Almost half of ideas & feedback and all of the movies & more EP suggestions included strollers and more interactions for kids.
    4. Memories is quite major
    5. ?
    6. All the EPs are bug-free for me.
    7. It has too much content + SPs usually don't bring new interactions
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2011
    lol stuff pack.
    Yep the objects in Generations look like the best things about this EP.

No open community lots,no big feature,and most of the big things they added aeen sorry like they will be redundant, (pranks??? >_>)
    they have little pranks in ts2 ( and those got boring) but in ts2 they did not try to make pranks a major part of an EP.

Yes generations will be buggy. my game is still messed up from Late Night.
    it will be interesting to see what patch comes and how much it will fix.
  • Options
    hjv9hjv9 Posts: 1,059 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Ok, I don't want to argue with you Kael. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lol stuff pack.

No open community lots,no big feature,and most of the big things they added aeen sorry like they will be redundant, (pranks??? >_>)
    they have little pranks in ts2 ( and those got boring) but in ts2 they did not try to make pranks a major part of an EP.

so to you and the OP memories, dating, the daycare profession, boarding schools and the Imaginary friend are not big features? If you don't like what you see why do you and others keep posting in the Generations section of these forums?
  • Options
    CubbySimAddict46CubbySimAddict46 Posts: 379 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    so to you and the OP memories, dating, the daycare profession, boarding schools and the Imaginary friend are not big features? If you don't like what you see why do you and others keep posting in the Generations section of these forums?

They are posting in the right forums, the discussion is about generations isn't it? just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean they shouldnt post it here.. where are they supposed to post this if not here? hmm?

• Options
    EmEmEmmaEmEmEmma Posts: 317 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I was one who wanted something more family related and more like real life. Of course, everyone wants pets and seasons but they will probably come out last as everyone is waiting the most for them.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:

They are posting in the right forums, the discussion is about generations isn't it? just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean they shouldnt post it here.. where are they supposed to post this if not here? hmm?
    either in Ideas and Feedback or Technical Discussion. You say it's about Generations but it's actually a thread created to complain about an unreleased game by a person who thinks they know what will and will not be wrong with it. I can see posting threads like this after the game is released and people have actually played it, but right now there's no need to post this crap in this section. All these negative threads push all of the positive threads to other pages, thus causing more threads to be created to replace them. This ultimately causes issues with the forums. If you're NOT getting Gen or don't like it, STOP posting hate threads in the Generations section of the forums or shut up.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    clubers wrote:
    3. Almost half of ideas & feedback and all of the movies & more EP suggestions included strollers and more interactions for kids.
    5. ?
    [/quote]
    3. Probably so but it just seems like they are adding the most requested items ( like bunk beds and spiral staircases) not the most requested major features.
    I see a lot of people asking for Weather and Pets though Lol
    4. If the only thing about memories in ts3 is the ability to create and edit them yourself, post them on facebook and your sims page, and the memories end up not affecting sims in any way ( even though they are automatic) then ts3 memories will be a step down from ts2 memories. Don't wan the major thing about memories in ts3 is the ability to show and tell them on facebook. Some people may like that though.

6 You can't be serious... :? Have you played the sims 3 long enough or something? Do you use Mods ( like Twallan's) to get rid of bugs? ( If you do Your game is not bug free. LOL) Are you just ignoring your bugs and acting like you are happy playing ts3? Everyone has the same ts3 software and even though you "claim" that your game is not buggy :? , then the bugs are still there, because no video game is bug free.

7.The best looking things about this EP are the objects. Yes this is too much content for an SP, but most of the features I read about are watered down(dating wedding arch,memories (as of right now)), no new community lots ( besides the playground),no town,no bigger features, same redundant thing that I am sure will get boring after repeating it ( the IF and the Pranks).
    Yeah this still looks like a very weak expansion pack or a glorified stuff pack. that is great that you like what you heard so far and that you are probably buying it, but I am not though. lmao That Bad interview with SimsGoodie pretty much sealed the deal that nothing major and worthwhile has been added in Generations.
  • Options
    Timitu9Timitu9 Posts: 96 Member
    edited April 2011
    My issue with the hate threads being posted in here is that there is so many that say the same thing. It would be no different then on anyone's favourite expansion pack that people just kept posting the same set of pictures or information. To the point there was 5 or 6 on the first page of the forum almost all the time. Wouldn't that get annoying. None of the people who hate this expansion pack are saying anything new from the first person who posted saying they hate it. They all say it doesn't have enough stuff and should be a stuff pack. This is pretty much spamming the forums with the same messages over and over. If you feel like you want to voice your opinion about your dislike for the expansion pack why not keep it in one thread. That way you will be with others who feel the same way, and perhaps have an actual discussion about it rather then have everyone else who is fed up with seeing the same thing over and over again get mad at you. WHY does it need to be all over this area of the forum. Leave some stuff for those of us that are excited about the expansion pack to see what new has been said and such instead of everyone who hates it having to post their own individual thread to get the attention...

Just saying.

6 You can't be serious... Have you played the sims 3 long enough or something? Do you use Mods ( like Twallan's) to get rid of bugs? ( If you do Your game is not bug free. LOL) Are you just ignoring your bugs and acting like you are happy playing ts3? Everyone has the same ts3 software and even though you "claim" that your game is not buggy , then the bugs are still there, because no video game is bug free.

Mine is completely bug free too. I think I had one near the beginning where sims got stuck beside the bed. After installing Ambitions I think it was it stopped. Never had another one since. Bugs are based on your computer as well as the settings. That is why it is hard for them to catch all bugs before the release. I am just one of the lucky ones but we are not alone. I have no custom content, cant even download the patches online as that computer has NO internet access to keep it as safe as I can from viruses and spy ware so my games will run smoothly.
    CanadaDaySig.png
  • Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited April 2011
    clubers wrote:
    5. ?
    4. Not sure about this, but I think we are getting a watered down version. But then again, it seems like memories automatically get pictures added to them considering how simsvip says
    Sims keep memories, so you can go back and review your Sims’ milestones when you feel like reminiscing. Memories of significant life moments will be recorded in their Scrapbook.

5. Not sure what he meant with filler either, while I can agree there isn't much "major" content in this game and instead got tons of small things, I somehow doubt that makes it filler
    6. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/366330.page#5153675
    New bugs happen to me daily. It really is starting to **** me off

7. That Christmas SP in TS2 added that new years eve old man I think :-)

But I still don't feel this is 49 bucks of content (I checked, this EP costs 49 dollars in Sweden. 299kr)
    I can get a new game for that, such as Bioshock 2, Lost Planet 2 or Bad Company 2. I can guarantee any game includes more than Generations does....

TS2 EPs were cheaper I think...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    lol stuff pack.

Is this your website? Are you a moderator? Did I buy my ts3 games from you as a company? :lol:

I am going to keep posting on this forum as well as this section, because I am disappointed in what I heard about Generations. I wanted for ts3 to be a lot better, but we keep getting less and less in each expansion pack.
    Yes I am not buying Generations and my ts3 games still have something to do with Generations, because of the patch that has something to to with it.
    I don't care if there is a technical or ideas and feedback forum. If the moderators don't move it, then the threads will continue to be posted here, so I don't know why it is bothering you. Just ignore it and don't click on a negative topic.

This is from what I have read. Lol

1. Daycare profession is RPG styled like the ambitions careers. It is not sandbox styled like Ofb careers but I don't see how it can be).
    It is very stupid that you can have an active sim run a daycare, your sims can't TAKE kids to another daycare.
    I wonder how this daycare professions is supposed to even work out even with all of the stuff I read about it. Lol
    some people may like this rpg mess in a sims games.
    2.Memories explained in earlier posts
    3. From what I have read, dating will be a slight variation of the grouping feature. No meter, but there might be dating wants. It wiukd have been nice if there were open community lots, so sims don't all have to go dating in rabbit holes and boring community lots. lol
    4. Boarding schools is the same thing as sending a kid away from the entire town and getting them back after they aged up with probably a new skill.
    I like family things, and I still don't understand how this is a family EP,when they made a feature so you send your kids away. People who hate play sims kids might love that feature though. lol
    Also I have not seen any big "family" group activities ( like in the sims 2)
    Just saying since most of people keep saying that this EP is bringing back missed things from ts2.

4. Imaginary friend is just ugly to me >_> Some people claim that this is the cutest thing, but I bet they can't wait to change the design of it when they get an opportunity.
    Basically the IF, is non controllable in its robot form and the kids have to tell it what to do all of the time. Don't see what is so amazing that it can turned into a sim with bright colored hair. The genetics for that thing will probably be ugly when it is turned into a sim, and again people will try to use master controller to change it.
    5. prom in rabbit hole, Heard that strollers cannot be pushed through gates, wedding arches will probably not organize wedding like they did in ts2 ( but Idk yet because sims goodie wouldn't even answer the question correctly :roll: ), Wth is midlife crisis supposed to add to the gameplay? smh, No new skills, No new food ( "but the IF can steal snacks for you from the fridge." :roll: :roll: ), no functioning community lots, no town, sims kids can do extracurricular activities( like ballet) but it will all take place in the existing rabbit hole buildings ( and I am not sure if the ballet bar/soccernet/BASKET BALL HOOP is coming back so sim ans kids can practice at home), and so on. The best looking thing about this EP are the objects and the content don't seem that great. lol
    Can't wait to see what you people will be saying about it when y'all get bored after you do the same little features over and over again.

EDIT: Typossss >_______<
  • Options
    SofiaStrangeSofiaStrange Posts: 66 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    lol stuff pack.

Is this your website? Are you a moderator? Did I buy my ts3 games from you as a company? :lol:

I am going to keep posting on this forum as well as this section, because I am disappointed in what I heard about Generations. I wanted for ts3 to be a lot better, but we keep getting less and less in each expansion pack.
    Yes I am not buying Generations and my ts3 games still have something to do with Generations, because of the patch that has something to to with it.
    I don't care if there is a technical or ideas and feedback forum. If the moderators don't move it, then the threads will continue to be posted here, so I don;t know why it is bothering you. Just ignore it and don't click on a negative topic.

1. Daycare profession is RPG styled like the ambitions careers. It is not sandbox styled like Ofb careers but I don't see how it can be).
    It is very stupid that you can have an active sim run a daycare, your sims can't kids to another daycare.
    I wonder how this daycare professions is supposed to even work out even with all of the stuff I read about it. Lol
    2.Memories explained above
    3. From what I have read, dating will be a slight variation of the grouping feature. No meter, but there might be dating wants. It wiukd have been nice if there were open community lots, so sims don't all have to go dating in rabbit holes and boring community lots. lol
    4. Boarding schools is the same thing as sending a kid away from the entire town and getting them back after they aged up with probably a new skill.
    I like family things, and I still don't understand how this is a family EP,when they made a feature so you send your kids away. People who hate play sims kids might love that feature though. lol
    Just saying since most of people keep saying that this EP is bringing back missed things from ts2.

4. Imaginary friend is just ugly to me >_> Some people claim that this is the cutest thing, but I bet they can't wait the design of it when they get an opportunity.
    Basically the IF, is non controllable in its robot form and the kids have to tell it what to do all of the time. Don't see what is so amaxing that it can turned into a creature with bright colored hair. The genetics for that thing will probably be ugly, and again people will try to use master controller.
    5. prom in rabbit hole, Heard that strollers cannot be pushed through gates, wedding arches will probably not organize wedding like they did in ts2 ( but Idk yet because sims goodie wouldn't even answer the question :roll: ), Wth is midlife crisis supposed to add to the gameplay? smh, No new skills, No new food ( "but the IF can steal snacks for you from the fridge." :roll: :roll: ), no functioning community lots, no town, sims kids can do extracurricular activities( like ballet) but it will all take place in the existing rabbit hole buildings, and so on. The best looking thing about this EP are the objects and they content don't seem that great. lol
    Can't wait to see what you people will be saying about it when y'all get bored.

Very well said. This daycare profession annoys me. Okay fair enough we can't drop our kids to other sims houses. I see how this might cause problems in the game. Why not give us a rabbit hole day care though, so we don't have to rely on those crap baby sitters? It just is weak.

Also the fact that the IF gets snacks from the fridge, this does not make up for no new food/recipes in the game. I hate that this is a 'feature.' This is lame, my sims brother/sister/mother/father/ANYONE can do this.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    4. Imaginary friend is just ugly to me >_> Some people claim that this is the cutest thing, but I bet they can't wait the design of it when they get an opportunity.
    Basically the IF, is non controllable in its robot form and the kids have to tell it what to do all of the time. Don't see what is so amaxing that it can turned into a creature with bright colored hair. The genetics for that thing will probably be ugly, and again people will try to use master controller.

The Imaginary friend looks pretty ugly to me as well, I guess it could be worse though.

The genetics will probably be terrible when they turn into humans, and I seriously hope we at least will get the chance to choose what gender it got...

Basically, the Imaginary Friend now appears to be a butler that follows you around for free. There is probably more to it (special powers) but I just don't see how having a Bigfoot like thing walking after me is going to make me happier. I got a Simbot and I have to say it is probably the most boring life state ever.
    The plantsim was a cool life state if you ask me, it was truly unique. Sunlight, love and water as moodlets instead of the android that we got as a Simbot (AKA the robotic sim that never needs to shower)

Being a vampire is okay I guess, but not if you live in Twinbrook and don't want skyscrapers taking up the nice view :cry:
    Haven't tried mummy yet
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    lol stuff pack.

I don't care if there is a technical or ideas and feedback forum. If the moderators don't move it, then the threads will continue to be posted here, so I don;t know why it is bothering you. Just ignore it and don't click on a negative topic.

It is very stupid that you can have an active sim run a daycare, your sims can't kids to another daycare.
    2.Memories explained above

5. prom in rabbit hole, Heard that strollers cannot be pushed through gates, wedding arches will probably not organize wedding like they did in ts2 ( but Idk yet because sims goodie wouldn't even answer the question :roll: ), Wth is midlife crisis supposed to add to the gameplay? smh, No new skills, No new food ( "but the IF can steal snacks for you from the fridge." :roll: :roll: ), no functioning community lots, no town, sims kids can do extracurricular activities( like ballet) but it will all take place in the existing rabbit hole buildings, and so on. The best looking thing about this EP are the objects and they content don't seem that great. lol
    these negative threads cause flame wars, that's in violation of forums rules.
  • Options
    sazjay1975sazjay1975 Posts: 373 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Sure I can understand everyones different opnions but I think this EP will be good, if anything as it suggests it will add game play to the game, yes granted people would like more and more and thats just the way it goes I guess :) Please some but never please everyone (can't remember the actual saying but...)

For me I wanted strollers, kids things things for toddlers to do, sure people want seasonal things I do to and pets but I am willing to wait they will come eventually ;) and when they do they will be the best. I actually dont play many families with kids for the reason of them not having much for them to do.

I also think you have a valid opinion on that you 'dont like kids' things and whatever, but then you don't have to buy it if you don't want to. No one is forcing you to buy it... or are they?

Anyways sorry to blah blah on but I am sure you will find something fun in this pack a little hidden thing maybe they havent told us about or something. Remember when sims 2 had 'easter eggs' hidden tricks and things well sims 3 has them too apparently so I've been told.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:

The Imaginary friend looks pretty ugly to me as well, I guess it could be worse though.

The genetics will probably be terrible when they turn into humans, and I seriously hope we at least will get the chance to choose what gender it got...

Basically, the Imaginary Friend now appears to be a butler that follows you around for free. There is probably more to it (special powers) but I just don't see how having a Bigfoot like thing walking after me is going to make me happier. I got a Simbot and I have to say it is probably the most boring life state ever.
    The plantsim was a cool life state if you ask me, it was truly unique. Sunlight, love and water as moodlets instead of the android that we got as a Simbot (AKA the robotic sim that never needs to shower)

Being a vampire is okay I guess, but not if you live in Twinbrook and don't want skyscrapers taking up the nice view :cry:
    Haven't tried mummy yet
    I haven't tried the mummy yet either but can you control it?

The ts3 vampire is better than the ts2 vampire, but I have used mod to try to get rid them, because I started seeing too many of them in the towns.
    I love the plant sims alot and I wish that aliens would come back too to ts3 (but in ts2 they have no special purpose over regular sims) so I would like ts3 aliens to have an ability or something.
    The sims bots are annoying to me and I made one for the first time a while back. They are pretty useless and I hate the "A sim Bot !! " reaction where all of the sims would get freaked out by it.

I think you can choose the gender of the IF depending on what potion use or something... Idk. I want to know how that will happen.

I understand what you are saying about TwinBrooke because when BridgePort was so laggy, I tried going back to Sunset Valley and placing skyscrapers/clubs there. lol. It does not look right at all. smh
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:

Yeah, that might happen when you're telling ppl to shut up or post elsewhere. I'm almost tempted to flame you myself for that one. There's no call to be rude. It's just an opinion.

In regards to the original post. I have seen ppl asking for family things. I don't think they asked for half of those activities to take place in a rabbit hole though. I could be wrong.

If you don't bring up a family in TS3, the whole concept would seem boring to you. Some of the objects sound cool.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I haven't tried the mummy yet either but can you control it?

The ts3 vampire is better than the ts2 vampire, but I have used mod to try to get rid them, because I started seeing too many of them in the towns.
    I love the plant sims alot and I wish that aliens would come back too to ts3 (but in ts2 they have no special purpose over regular sims) so I would like ts3 aliens to have an ability or something.
    The sims bots are annoying to me and I made one for the first time a while back. They are pretty useless and I hate the "A sim Bot !! " reaction where all of the sims would get freaked out by it.

I think you can choose the gender of the IF depending on what potion use or something... Idk. I want to know how that will happen.

I understand what you are saying about TwinBrooke because when BridgePort was so laggy, I tried going back to Sunset Valley and placing skyscrapers/clubs there. lol. It does not look right at all. smh
    You can control mummies, yep.

I wish aliens came back with max logic and handiness at birth (they are highly advanced after all) and they can fly with their UFO/teleport (maybe that would be overpowered?)

Vampires in TS2 really stink, since they cant be out in the light for a second without halving their mood >_>

I talked to a guy at EA about my problems, check my signature link for a transcript. Hopefully some of my problems will reach EA now :twisted:
  • Options
    CubbySimAddict46CubbySimAddict46 Posts: 379 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    Bafendo wrote:

either in Ideas and Feedback or Technical Discussion. You say it's about Generations but it's actually a thread created to complain about an unreleased game by a person who thinks they know what will and will not be wrong with it. I can see posting threads like this after the game is released and people have actually played it, but right now there's no need to post this crap in this section. All these negative threads push all of the positive threads to other pages, thus causing more threads to be created to replace them. This ultimately causes issues with the forums. If you're NOT getting Gen or don't like it, STOP posting hate threads in the Generations section of the forums or shut up.

so people should say nice thing about the expansion or get out? thats exactly what your saying and i don't like that. I don't know whats more pathetic, the fact that your complaining about someone who is complaining or that you think you can dictate where and what people are allowed to talk about.

and no, nobody is going to shut-up.. this is a forum. Face the facts and stop being such a child! There is ALWAYS going to as much positive feedback on a game than there is negative and if you don't understand that by now you are extremely slow. If you don't want to read about it.. DON'T.. nobody is pushing you into these threads? has somebody got a gun to your head or something?
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Very well said. This daycare profession annoys me. Okay fair enough we can't drop our kids to other sims houses. I see how this might cause problems in the game. Why not give us a rabbit hole day care though, so we don't have to rely on those crap baby sitters? It just is weak.

Also the fact that the IF gets snacks from the fridge, this does not make up for no new food/recipes in the game. I hate that this is a 'feature.' This is lame, my sims brother/sister/mother/father/ANYONE can do this.
    Yes I am very curious about this daycare profession and about how the kids are supposed to be more troublesome( or easier) to take care of based on the job levels. lol
    I cannot stand the games babysitters, and a daycare rabbit hole would not have been that bad.

Yes I agree with you. the idea that the imaginary friend can take snacks from the fridge is so stupid Lol
    Matter of fact that whole interview with sims goodie was lame. :lol:

Bafendo wrote:
    well I don't see a flame war in this thread but the negative threads do get the most attention. Why? Because the "positive people come into the thread looking for fight and they are usually more disrespectful than the negative people.
    When "positive" people see a negative thread, they are ready to tell someone off for having a different ( and even more logical) opinion from them.

Anyways, I don't see what the big deal is about negative Generation threads being already made in this section, because we did get a Lot Of information about what is included in it.

And besides, in General Discussion there are actual off topic (from the sims) trollish threads and flame wars that are started over there and the people who fighting against it actually keep feeding the thread.

I still don't understand how someone who has a different logical/negative viewpoint can be called trollish. That makes no sense. smh
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    so people should say nice thing about the expansion or get out? thats exactly what your saying and i don't like that. I don't know whats more pathetic, the fact that your complaining about someone who is complaining or that you think you can dictate where and what people are allowed to talk about.

and no, nobody is going to shut-up.. this is a forum. Face the facts and stop being such a child! There is ALWAYS going to as much positive feedback on a game than there is negative and if you don't understand that by now you are extremely slow. If you don't want to read about it.. DON'T.. nobody is pushing you into these threads? has somebody got a gun to your head or something?
    I bet Chuck Norris is in his house right now and is like
    "WRITE IT!"
    "I don't want to!"
    "WRITE IT! COME ON, FLAME HIM!"
    "No!"
    "FLAME HIM OR DIE!"
    "OKAY!"

But really: I don't see what all this complaining about complaining is about. I don't think Generations is much of an EP, sure, it got lots of smaller things, but most of those will either
    1. Never be used by me since I'm not the family type of person
    2. Will be used a couple of times for a few good laughs (the first time I throw eggs at my darned neighbour) but then it will get boring, so I wont do it again.
    3. I wont use it because I don't feel the need to (see: mummies)

I'm also getting extremely sick of this "don't buy it if you don't like it" because that is NOT what this is about. If a lot of people feel that Generations feels empty, then maybe people should go to the source of that?

Is it really empty? Am I the only one that likes this EP? Or is it just that people got...I dunno...DIFFERENT OPINIONS?

I'm totally getting Generations, but not for 49 bucks I'm not (games are expensive in Sweden).
    The entire idea of that is just offending. 49 bucks for an EP, ha! I can get a new game for that!
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2011
    I don't understand why some people don't read or don't get it. YOu get the SAME exact copy of the game as everyone else. You have bugs, you are not exempt from those bugs. What happens is you do not play enough to either trigger those bugs, or you do not create the environment for those bugs to happen. Many times some of you already have mods installed that fix those bugs. So NO ONE is bug free. That's the first point.

Second, not one of us know about generations, wether positive or negative, however they are entitled to post their opinion in the Generations forum if indeed it is about generations. If you don't like a negative opinion than move to a different thread. Don't think because a thread is negative that it must be moved to the feed back section, and don't think it will be moved because it won't be.

Third this is an Expansion Pack, we don't get interactions and interactable objects in stuff packs. Just because there is no town does not mean that Expansion Sucks. Just like in sim 2 there were many expansions we did not get new towns for. Same thing can apply here. If you are new to sims and have only played sims 3 you need to learn quickly that new towns do not make an ep. What makes most of these expansions suck is when valubale time for game design is dedicated to something trivial. What makes expansions suck is when halfbaked ideas never become complete. What makes expansions suck is when there isn't enough to keep the player busy until the next expansion. A new freaking town is useless, when you can download them from the exchange or create them yourself. Just as useless as 9 new houses. Tell the truth everyone wanted to see new places to go. We wanted open restaurants, we wanted more than just a new park. We wanted fun things for our sims to go on dates with. We wanted interactable proms, you know the actual dances not a rabbithole. We wanted weddings that offered bridesmaids and grooms man, and actual animations of a wedding. We wanted dating that didn't occur in rabbit holes. We wanted our schools opened up, or beaches fully functional. WE WANTED OUR BABIES TO HAVE FEET. We wanted full concepts, ;_; just please pick an idea and flow with it. It's sad because at one point they get we need to save sims and so they need to hear us out. When it comes to doing this they don't fully deliver because they don't fully get it.

But than again it maybe that they can't deliver, i have a feeling there is something they aren't telling the fanbase. That not only the coding for this game is faulty, but the engine itself is not able to support many features we want. If this is true we may never get some fixes, we may never get some features. Why because the game itself would have to be entirely replaced. There best bet is to do it better in Ep4 if there is one. However, your fanbase will never know if you don't communicate to them.

Look i tell people all the time, don't give into the hype slow down and research this ep. It's got some great editions yes but wait to see how this fixes and breaks the game. Wait to see if indeed the new features are functioning properly. Wait to see what other things you haven't discovered about the ep yet. Interactions is a core concept missing from the game. Remember it's not just family being added, their are romantic interactions and many other things that are missing. But that's only really a small portion of problems, challenge is another feature that is missing, gameplaying content is missing aka places for these sims to interact at. Animations are lacking. They know this too, and they know this because of the people who are advocating for a better game. Don't shoo them off, when EA needs to hear what their fanbase is wanting and expecting from and ep.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited April 2011
    Johan...may I ask why is it you are all over the place complaining about Generations (which is your prerogative) but then saying in the next breath "I am totally getting it!" and THEN I see your siggy. Which is it? Does Generations suck, are you buying it, or are you not going to spend another dime on Sims games until they fix every little thing that is wrong with the games you already have? It doesn't matter to me which it is, I just think your statements would be more affective if you pick a position and hold to it. Personally, I find it hard to take anything you say seriously when you post contradiction after contradiction.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top