Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete Legacy/Challenge List!

Comments

• Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I thought I put this here to add already but its not on the list so:

Choose Your Own Adventure Storyteller Challenge
  • Options
    WolfLady74WolfLady74 Posts: 1,032 Member
    edited July 2012
    I created a new challenge based on the idea of using Imaginary Friends as part of a legacy. The Imaginary Friend Legacy Challenge. It is posted here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/562986.page#9044257
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm sorry, but could you please move the Occult Dominancy challenge from challenges and into the Legacies?
    It's only supposed to be 10 generations long, and I'm also about to create a new challenge that is the challenge version of the Occult Dominancy, since the Dominancy is a legacy!

The challenge will feature different rules and objectives in some ways, but is still based around the same concept!

Thank you!
  • Options
    MYPIESIMMYPIESIM Posts: 618 New Member
    edited July 2012
    For "battle for your true colors" or anything with catigorized traits....
    drew10player said:

Trait Categories:

Negative- Can't Stand Art, Commitment Issues, Coward, Dislikes Children, Evil, Grumpy, Hot-Headed, Hydrophobic, Inappropriate, Insane, Kleptomaniac, Loser, Mean-Spirited, Neurotic, and Technophobe

Semi-Negative- Childish, Clumsy, Couch Potato, Hates the Outdoors, Loner, No Sense of Humor, Rebellious, Shy, Slob, Snob, Unflirty, and Unlucky

Neutral- Absent-Minded, Disciplined, Eco-Friendly, Frugal, Heavy Sleeper, Light Sleeper, Mooch, Never Nude, Over-Emotional, Vegetarian, and Workaholic

Good- Adventurous, Ambitious, Born Salesman/Saleswoman, Computer Whiz, Daredevil, Easily Impressed, Eccentric, Excitable, Flirty, Good Sense of Humor, Great Kisser, Hopeless Romantic, Neat, Loves the Outdoors, Lucky, Party Animal, Perfectionist, Schmoozer, Star Quality, and Vehicle Enthusiast

Excellent- Angler, Artistic, Athletic, Bookworm, Brave, Charismatic, Family-Oriented, Friendly, Genius, Good, Green Thumb, Handy, Natural Cook, Nurturing, Perceptive, Photographer's Eye, Savvy Sculptor, and Virtuoso
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited July 2012
    Here is the new Challenge version of the Occult Dominancy!

It's called "The Supernatural Challenge!"

And once again, like I requested in my above post, I would REALLY appreciate it if you moved The Occult Dominancy to the Legacy section when you get back! It only has 10 generations and then it ends, as described in the thread!

The Supernatural Challenge: The Occult Dominancy Challenge
    Supernatural is NOT required!

I would appreciate it if you added this to the Challenges section, and NOT the Legacy section!
  • Options
    Bebe83959Bebe83959 Posts: 152 New Member
    edited July 2012
    There are certainly a lot of legacies and challenges to choose from. I'm stumped now. xD Can anyone recommend a good challenge for me? I have the Base Game, Generations, and Pets.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    this is a legacy challenge called "Difference in the Family Tree" or "DitFT" and if you blend two leggacy challanges together it works REALLY ell with a Rainbowacy... http://angelofafallen.wordpress.com/

Edit: oops my bad, i didnt see that it was already up there...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Im almost certain this one isnt up there...

Its very confusing.....

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/398201.page

i fixed it :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Dahanain13Dahanain13 Posts: 132 New Member
    edited July 2012
    @ Mypiesim - Just to let you know, the link you posted was a link to your simself on the exchange. I'm guessing that's not the link you wanted, so just thought I'd tell you :wink:

-Fran
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    heh :XD: fixin' it now :XD:
  • Options
    Gatorade3Gatorade3 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited July 2012
    What's an ISBI challenge o.o
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, Here is a new challenge idea that I came up with the other night for anyone who wants to try it.

New Challenge Idea

The Realistic Genealogy Challenge

Description: In real life most people's ancestors have different last names. Example: Traditionally daughters take on the last names of their husbands while sons keep the family name going. In this challenge, I thought it would be interesting to see what your Sim family's last name is at the end of 10 generations or how ever long you choose to play.

Goal: Play at least 10 generation starting with one founder and see what the family's last name is at the end of the last generation of play.

Some Rules or Guidelines for extra challenge

1. Start with one founder: For fun I thought instead of creating the founder look in the studios of Simming friends for single Sims with the least amount of downloads and choose one to begin your story with. (Remember to let your friend know you're using their Sim and make sure they get updates on their Sims' progress)

2. As for using cheats: Only use if:

A. needed to help your Sim avoid life threatening situations like if your Sim is almost starving to death and is not near a food source like at work, then you can increase that mood meter enough to hold him/her over until they can eat something.

B. To help your Sim get out of minor game glitches that pop up from time to time. like the 'resetSim' if your Sim seems to be stuck in one spot or has the 'bowl' stuck on his/her wrist.

3. First home: May purchase or build home staying within the Sim's starting cash flow. Only purchase upgrades to home when affordable.

4. Give your Sim as much free reign to do what they want on their own.
    Examples: A. Put them in career they wish for at the beginning of game play. If they don't come up with a career wish at first help them achieve desired skills which may lead to a career choice.
    B. Buy upgrades to their home according to their wishes.
    C. Decorate the home with your Sims' favorite colors in mind.
    D. Even let your Sim pick out their outfits in 'plan outfit' by going through the top and bottom clothing until you get a favorable response from them. (i.e If you click on 'everyday clothing' tab and your Sim says something like 'so-so' or 'baghdad' that usually means they don't like what they're wearing or if they respond with the expressions 'oh' or 'un-huh' it usually means they like it) How you dress them though is up to you.

5. Finding their soulmate or spouse

-- Similar to above look for people that your Sim makes friends with through there jobs or other means like sharing drinks with a local after dinner.
    -- Wait for that relationship to develop to a point where your Sim wishes to date the person or that person asks your Sim to move in with them. If the later occurs then you can help them take the relationship to the final stage of marriage.
    -- For those who end up in same gender relationships maybe flip a coin or use some other metric to determine which last name they will take on.

6. Family size: Try to go according to your Sims' wishes as to when they want to have children or if you want to decide roll a dice.

7. For legacy to work there will need to be a combination of son/daughter heirs throughout the generations. You can put the heir to a vote, ask your friend whom you got your Sim from to choose or roll a dice to see which child is chosen for variety.

8. Marrying: Female heirs must take the last name of their husbands while male heirs keep the last name they were born with.
    Exception: If your heir ends up in a same gender relationship use some random means to choose the last name.

9. Have fun while let your story play itself out and writing about what has happened in each game sessions. Since there will always be glitches of some sort with Sims make up things to cover them up. Move your family to a new town if necessary, save to your bin or clipboard, and have a back-up heir just in case.

Hope you have fun and that this challenge doesn't take anything away from other challenges that have been created by other Simmers.

Have fun, Silver

How do we get the female to take on the name of the husband? Are all heirs required to be male for this challenge?
  • Options
    DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited August 2012
    this is awesome but do u have an isbi rule set?

Hear hear! Would love to find a place to post my ISBI updates that isn't my own 50 foal challenge thread...

Anyone?
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited August 2012
    Simmer999--if you are controlling both sims at the time of marriage have the male initiate the get married action. That way your female heir takes the last name of her husband. If that doesn't work you can take them to city hall and do a name change that way. :)

No the heirs don't have to be males. The point is to see what the last name of the family is at the end of the 10 generations so you will have a mix of male and female heirs.

Hope that helps.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for this list!
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    7frog7frog77frog7frog7 Posts: 538 Member
    edited August 2012
    All of these sound awesome!! Wish I'd seen this webpage before I'd started my legacy, uglacies and prettacies sound especially intriguing! Well, if you'd like to see my normal legacy anyway...

http://theruffleheartlegacy.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    Simona999Simona999 Posts: 163
    edited August 2012
    I find- it's a good idea- to make a complete challenges/legacies list. My own legacy- to get 1 heir in fifth generation from 16 sims is here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/566923.page#9114169
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Updated Apocalypse challenge with 27 main restrictions, showtimes included, is here: http://s3ac.wikia.com/wiki/Sims_3_Apocalypse_Challenge_Wiki And link, where to get the Rflong7 world Ice station for this challenge- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/374366.page
  • Options
    NekonyamiNekonyami Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just made another one, with a link to a story I'm trying out. It's working great and so far, I'm really enjoying it. I have plans for the next generation.

Legacy of Conflict.
    Ensure Personalty Differences in each generation.
    Like The DIFTFT, but theese are personality conflicts- not career conflicts.
    Check out the link for my first post!
    http://legacyofconflict.wordpress.com/

I love my creating.

Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Nekonyami wrote:

This will work great with Supernatural- don't you think?
    Reply. Hey- are you testing it?
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    BUMP.

Conflict Legacy- please post- it's based off the Differences in the Family Tree, but it's more freeing! :lol:
    All you do is ensure conflict- persannlity conflict. Career choices are so freeing.

Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    AbubakrAbubakr Posts: 476 Member
    edited August 2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top