Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW Lane: Getting Underway

DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
This thread is brought to you by Rflong's beautiful world, Longview. :lol:

Download it here.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2345254

Official Longview thread, please leave your comments for this world by clicking the link below.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192963.page

More information can be found concerning the rules of participating in this thread here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/264910.page

Screenshot-272.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-68-1.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-81.jpg"width=640"

It's time to start the next series of events for SOCL! Here is the latest thread.

Comments

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hello everyone!

DD, I hope you are feeling much better. My s.o. is sick as well, but feeling much better now.

A couple of pics to start the thread off. This is Regina and one of Pary's kids, his name escapes me at the moment.

OMG it's a spider!!
    Screenshot-5-4.jpg"width=450"

Ooof!
    Screenshot-3-7.jpg"width=450"
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2011
    Very cute pic, DM! Glad to hear your SO is feeling better. Oh, and I snapped up Regina. I need to go write down her ancestry though, hee! Still can't rec any of your items, either. I know one rec won't matter but it bugs me when I can't figure something out. :P
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2011
    HS3 click the REC and then hit refresh and it will give him credit on the rec. That's how I have to do it. It is them, not us, with the problem. But that's what I figured out so I could rec stuff.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited March 2011
    Great way to start out a new thread, DM. Love the pics and you posting them with Regina present reminded me of something I wanted to pass on. First off, though, I'm better and don't let your DW overdo. I tried to keep going and paid the price :roll:

I played for less than an hour today but put Regina into Sim Realtor's Brooklyn Heights world. Yes, I did dl to take a look at it but am not at all sure it will be a permanent fixture. I feel like I get a little too much of the up and down drift with the camera in the downtown area. I'm going to play a little longer to make sure my stomach isn't still funky from having been sick.

Anyway, when I brought Regina out of CAS I added her lineage in the bio section. Don't know why I had not thought to use that bio section sooner. I have things saved in notepad but I think it will be nice to have the info available in game, too. If you guys are already doing that, well then just color me slow :lol:

HS3, I also don't get a response the first time I try to rec DM's stuff and haven't had the problem with others. I'm finding, though, that even if it doesn't look like it took that if I go back to his studio later to try again, it took after all. I've thought it strange I'm only seeing this with DM's stuff, too.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi, everyone!

Thanks DD and WR (didn't mean to leave you out the first time, sorry!), I did check and a few of DM's items were indeed rec'd after all, but at least one wasn't so I did it again! Hopefully 2nd time's a charm. Also thanks for the tip about putting the info in the sim's bio! I hadn't thought of that either, probably because I never take the time to do that with any of my sims. :-)

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm afraid I have had to purchase points twice so far in order to get store items that were on sale. Finally got the Future Shock kitchen today at half price. Hopefully some day they will put the LR on sale too!

I have a few pics to share of second gen sims. In the first one, if I remember correctly because it's a little hard to tell at this distance, this is Abigail Shimzu, daughter of Kiana and Gordon Shimzu from my second SOCL Longview game. Come to think of it, it could also be Jenna Writin of the same game. Yeah, I think it's one of the Writin girls. :?

Anyway, she went to the park in Greensburg and decided to whip her piano out of her pocket and start playing. Notice this is the first version of Greensburg and the park is a bit wet. Didn't seem to bother her a bit, though. :lol:

greensburgfloodedpark.jpg

And here are Autumn Hamm and Brett Fox from my Matkooskee saved game, currently living in Toronto Islands. I uploaded them as teens; they have turned into very nice looking YA's. You can probably guess their parentage but in case not, Autumn is the daughter of Pary Strange and Carmen Hamm and Brett is the son of Rflong7 and Troy Fox. (Both fathers were EA generated sims.)

They got pregnant so they bought their own little house; here they are with their son. I'd tell you what his name is if I only could remember it. :oops: :mrgreen:

autumnbrettandbaby4.jpg

Here they are discussing Autumn's desire to join the music career at the dinner table. She's currently employed in the acting career but that's not her dream job. Brett is working in Culinary since he's a fantastic cook.

brettandautumn3.jpg

These second gen sims are great for world testing! :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Just letting you guys know that Rflong contacted me, and she's doing fine or seems to be - so for anyone else as concerned as I was, our girl is doing okay. I'm so HAPPY!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited March 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Just letting you guys know that Rflong contacted me, and she's doing fine or seems to be - so for anyone else as concerned as I was, our girl is doing okay. I'm so HAPPY!!!!!

That is GREAT news!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Very good news, WR. I am glad to hear that you heard from her and she seemed OK.

Hope everyone else is OK, too! Been pretty quiet around the Lane today. :wink:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey kids! I was glad to hear from Rflong as well, although I wasn't really worried about her I did miss her presence on the forums.

I haven't posted much because I am pretty limited in my play time. My right arm is causing me quite a bit of pain and unfortunately I am right handed. :cry:

I have picked up a few of the daily deals this week, since March Madness has been going on. Mostly those that have been half price, some of them didn't come down much, like the "loads of laundry" set. :?

ETA: Nice pics Tangie. I like to see what the next generation is getting up to in all of your games.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hello everyone, first of i would like to apologise for my absence in CAWlane. And secondally apologise for my absence on the forums.

Just just say that my brother took the only computer that can play Sims, so I am having to write thison my mobile and play Sims on the x-box... Which as youknow doesnt have CAW.

I will be returning back to Sims / forums / CAW soon, as soon as I by myself a nice computer im 5weeks. I will then keep upgradding it in due course.

Sorry to be a pain! :) hope your all good, and glad Rflong is okay!

Peace out!

Alex aka MrC!!
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited March 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:

I know I shouldn't be ... here... but thank God. :mrgreen: Thanks Reg.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nonsense Connor - you are welcome to stop in on us Simmers of CAW Lane anytime - and believe me I share your sentiments exactly. It was indeed a wonderful and delightful surprise.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey Alex, I just figured it was school keeping you busy - never suspected your brother took that wonderful pc you had. Hopefully you get a new one soon.

OOOh, DM, those two kids are adorable in those pics. I love the look on the boys face even though that girl is tiny - she couldn't weigh much - but he looks like she weighs a ton. Too funny.

Tangie, I laughed at the one playing the piano in the flooded field. You should have downloaded the new field and replaced that one with it. Too funny how oblivious sims are to some things.

I just finished a tiny world that Magic Dancer made and I found on her studio page called Mesa Island. I wish I had a way to put Mesa Island and Mesa Valley on the same map hehehe as they match a good deal. - but anyway, it was just a empty worlds, so I did the whole thing with a lot of underground rabbit holes - one I believe I may have gotten out of RJ's studio - I'm not sure - and I have oodles of other community lots and plenty of housing but everything but the school - including all the houses are made by all my fav builders - so just everything on the island are my favorite things. Naturally I populated it with all my favorite Sims including DMs Writin and Kerr boys. I had the best time tonight finally just getting to play the world - as I spent all week just putting the world together.

I was hoping to avoid any of EA's sims, but as usual they appeared anyway. I knew I'd get the mixologists and a bouncer or two, but a few others slipped in as well. It's quite the popular island. hehehe

Also this week I got all of our Sims of CAW Lane sims in Magic Dancers Harmony and have managed to play at least half of the families. I did a bunch of pictures of both places, got them all together and was just about to save it a few hours ago to post here - would you believe my internet picked that moment to disconnect on me. It reconnected after a few minutes, but it's running low - so Pete may need to reset the router - but apparently I have to start over again, as I can't find the album I was working on. Figures.

Maybe sometime this week anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Calimero2000Calimero2000 Posts: 1,007 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi all,
    Nice pics, DM and HS3. LOL at the keyboard shot! :lol:

I've not played TS3 for a little while - I tried Medieval. It's fun, but I think the quests could get a bit repetative/tedious after a while. :?

Quick "Hi" to Rflong, if she reads this. And I hope those who were ill feel better quickly!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey Calimero, I just wanted you to know I put your Gray on top of the world - well the world by Magic Dancer called Harmony - so now Gray has an entire snow-capped Mountain all to himself and seem to love it up there. He's sort of the King overlooking all us peasant Simmers of CAW Lane. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, bummer that the Future Shock kitchen went on sale and I have to miss it. We never made it to Best Buy so I don't have any points. But I'm glad you guys got it who wanted it. DD, I hope you guys are fully feeling well soon. DM, you too, with that sore arm and all.

I've not been able to do anything this week. This part is OT and personal so I'll delete it a little later. My daughter had to go to the pediatrician and has to be kept home this week. Turns out she had hemmorhagic pink eye, which I'd never heard of before. And bad sinusitis. And poison ivy--which she picked up at her school...grrr--they know it's there but didn't warn the kids nor get rid of it! :shock: She's on all these medicines and so is my cat and I am going bonkers making sure I don't give the tuna flavored medicine to the kid and the bubble gum flavored medicine to the cat. :mrgreen:

Glad to hear RFlong7 is okay and got in touch! Woot!

Okay back to the subject, wow, Autumn Hamm is a knockout. ROFLMAO about the "Ahh, it's a spider" caption in DM's screenshots. That fit perfectly. I'm really intrigued by the scenes from these worlds I haven't seen before. I wish I've had more time to check out at least the screenshots of the new worlds in this forum, but I just haven't. So I appreciate seeing the scenes in this thread

Suddenly, I crave cake. Or chocolate chip cookies. Luckily both are nearby. That is the nice thing about being on the laptop and so near the kitchen. Of course I won't think it's so great when I can't fit into my jeans. Well, BRB, with cake...or the cookies. But I won't post anymore tonight. I'll just read a little of some of the new worlds and go to bed. It's nice seeing everyone check and say hi.

Good luck with the new computer when you get it, Mr. C
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited April 2011
    Hello Caw Lane'rs :mrgreen:

I never seem to have time to actually play the game, and whenever I start, I just want to change the roads around. :lol: Is everybody still playing in Longview, I saw WR moved to Harmony. I lost my first Caw Lane when my hard drive blew, but I think it's time to set it back up.

Glad to hear Rflong is good. I miss seeing her around the halls. Give her my best if you chat with her again. :-)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2011
    I think CAWL is in lots of worlds. I know I've had them all in Longview, Mesa Valley, Isle of Sims, and a couple of others, but my game always ends up feeling more at home in Longview.

Hey everyone :) How's that elbow by the way DM ?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ooh, what an adorable new Simmie, Pary. Is she elfin? Also, how goes it with the flooding situation?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Hey Aunty Lynds, I will do that for sure.

I had the same thing happen to my very first SOCL, but I reset them all up in Longview now like 3 times, as I had to have my pc rebuilt and each time Pete kept adding another new harddrive. I also went to Windows 7 , which was another harddrive move so yeah I have a stable group in LV, I have the one in Mesa Valley - I tried Isle of Sim but it felt to overcrowded, so I moved them out of there and into a folder - those are the ones I moved to Harmony, and I also have an active Sunset Valley one from DM. I play them all in between testing worlds and a few other things. I have my second generations from Tangie in Johnny's Wr's M'kee. I have the second set in Cloverdale, and I also have 6 other worlds going as well. I'm getting as bad as when I played Sims 2 and starting to use notebooks to keep up on what to do next in each world when I come back to it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Yes, she's new and an elf. I opened my game today for the first time in the last couple of weeks ( even poor Johnny's gorgeous island didn't keep me playing like I used to ) and had a fiddle in CAS. I guess because I wasn't trying too hard, she actually turned out quite pretty. I might even place her somewhere tonight.

I wish they would hurry up and release this new EP. I don't want to give up on the sims but half the time I can't even bring myself to load the game, its depressing. I decided that its either pay for a new EP even though I swore off giving EA any more money, or just let my sims games rot, which would be an even bigger waste of money. I want to enjoy the game again, but at the moment, its just not doing it.
    I still refuse to pay for their hideous new clothing, or any of their overpriced store content. I have to draw a line somewhere.

As for the floods, the insurance company is sending a builder around in the next couple of weeks to poke around and see where the water is coming in. It seems the most likely culprit is the roof, which is terribly worrying. As long as we don't get any more torrential rains like we did last week, and a couple of months ago, our bottom level shouldn't be under 5 inches of water again.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Man, that got to be awful for you. You all are approaching your winter soon aren't you? Do you get freezes where you are? If you do hopefully this gets settles before your winter sets in.

My insurance did not want to know anything and we pay nearly 700 us dollars a year for it. They only cover any form of water damage if you buy additional flood insurance - which is super expensive, and makes no sense when you live 1400 feet above sea level.

ETA -I do like that sim, I wish we had the ears, but I know that is a mod. I once thought about it, but backed out. As it is I have Twallans mod and those Lady Frontbum default skins (because of my niece) to download the sims she wants for her. Those are easy to remove for updating, but I don't dare get anything else. But she is a cutie alright. Now if they had an elfin world she'd look great in.... hehehe

Oh I still love the game and play everynight for at least a few hours - I have so many worlds and so many different things going on in each of them - I never get bored with them.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Hey everyone.

Pary - The elbow is still very painful, thanks for asking though.
    I didn't realize who you were at first, I just glanced at the avatar. :lol: Nice one, she's very unique.

This is what I have been up to in the game. Building a new house, it's still a work in progress.

Screenshot-4-1.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-6.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-7.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-8-2.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-5.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nice, I like that a lot. Lovely rich colours !
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    aynat134aynat134 Posts: 638 Member
    edited April 2011
    So I decided not to do a legacy after all. And I went to download all the CAW lane sims to add to South Greensburgh, and DM yours are not able to be downloaded, they were removed from your page. Did you remove them or did EA? I dont have a lot big enough for your house, but I have a perfect house for your sims......just no sims to put in it now lol!