Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough it's enough

Comments

• Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited February 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I respect your post and your opinion however, there are those that are not having any problems and does not have to use mods to correct a problem like myself. As long as I do not have problems I will buy every EP and SP that EA produces and we can get into a long drawn topic on why some are having problems and some are not and also on how computers work, I choose not to do this being you can satisfy some of the people and not all the people. I have countless other games that I invest my time in. I will say this even if you play other games the bugs/glitches in each game is different therefore so are the requirements. We both can have the same processor, a DVD drive and etc. But it does not necessairly mean it will play the same fior we may use different drivers and sometimes(Darn said I was not going to get into it) drivers can be the problem. I use three computers and they are not low-end but they uses different drivers and I can run the program on one and have problems whereas if I run it on another it runs with no problem. If one is experiencing glitches, Glitches act differently than a bug and they are harder to fix being most bugs are in the programming. You can get glitches from using a unsupported device. If it is not your computer and you know stick with it. This debate will continue with no winners or losers.

Can you order Omniplant seeds since LN?
    Can you excavate in China, Egypt, France?

These are general bugs and your answer, if you tell the truth, must be "no" => you have bugs in your game.
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited February 2011
    chitbill wrote:
    Haiden wrote:
    The thing is I think (and I may be wrong, and open to correction) that there are to camps

*1 The glitch/bug and minor issues camp

This is when WE ALL experience the common bugs like routing issues,the bad mood bug,the error 12 save issue,missing family tree and so on and so forth (lol you know what the others are), but they are not what I would call game breaking. What I mean is they dont shut down your game, or worst your pc. At the most they are irritating.

*2 the Pc issue camp

Now everyone will always say...its not my pc, but if you spend a good deal of time in the tech section, (I do, but mostly just lurk and read) And a good 6/10 times its a pc related issue, once you actually see a posted dxdiag report, iets either a ram/cpu/graphics card issue. Im not saying its always the case, because there are some exceptions to the rule.

This game throttles your pc, and like it or not there are a great deal of peeps here who have mid range systems that just pass the acceptable levels this game requires for a deecnt play experience . At best this game requires some serious ram to run efficiently, 3 gigs should be the minimum you need (for a decent experience and also a good CPU, somewhere in the region of a core 2 – 2.4GHz and higher). Now that being said if you look at your task manager when running Ts3 at full tilt (as most peeps try and do initially) it will be almost pulling between 1.8 and 2 gigs of system ram just to run (with all exp and stuff packs installed) and bearing in mind that Vista (not the best Os for gaming) and Win 7 will need at least 1.2 gigs minimum to run your OS in the background and taking into consideration the other background tasks like antivirus, you are looking at a total system ram pull of more than 3 gigs, which is more than that your 32bit OS can see. Even with the DEP set for the TS3 exe*, and /or LAA Windows still thinks “hey mate this game is asking way too much, time to shut it down”.

And this does not even take into consideration the types of Graphics cards people are running. My honest opinion is this game does run better on 64bit OS. There is enough free ram (4 gigs is the minimum you need for a stable 64bit OS), so windows does not have a panic attack and shut it down. Also CPU’s..... this game uses a lot of your cpu’ processing power, and just like with the ram issue if windows see’s the application (Ts3) is using way to much resources, it will shut the game down.

Then there are the peeps who Know very little about computers and try and mod thier game add cc ect, or dont patch in the correct order, or do a fresh install but neglect to clean out their registary and remove old save files and cc ect.

Factor all this in and you are most problay looking at the the #1 reason why peeps game crash and burn.

I love your post. I thought about this thread, and I think it can be proven easily a PC is working correctly, but dependent programs such as quicktime and Adobe-whatever might not be. A DLL might have been replaced somewhere.
    Well OK (skipping 3 chapters), Do you think it is right to need a weightlifter to lift a can of tuna, or 20 cups of coffee to blink? That's what I think of "minimum requirements", which, while true, are sad (very sad),
    I love the game and coincidentally it is glitch free right now (ignore the vaguester stuck in the street).

PS I would love to know what happened to a post/pic about a glitch, seven hours ago, something to do with elevators.

Lol I dont believe we should need a super computer to run this game...lol but its what they have given us.....A game that requiress much more than the lie, that is the minimum specs on the back cover :?
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2011
    Goldmoldar :
    Yes, there is others like CitiesXL which has it own problems and I have it, it appears to be a good game(I buy games and shelve them for a later time). There are others as well GTA sandbox even though you cannot build in it, it is open ended though and there are others.

Oh I need to look those up :P more fun..

Halle_M :
    Do you have World Adventures? Tell me, when your sims go to a dig site that is not on a community lot, can they dig there?
    No... Eh what mod helps?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited February 2011
    Coby wrote:
    Haiden wrote:
    The thing is I think (and I may be wrong, and open to correction) that there are to camps

*1 The glitch/bug and minor issues camp

This is when WE ALL experience the common bugs like routing issues,the bad mood bug,the error 12 save issue,missing family tree and so on and so forth (lol you know what the others are), but they are not what I would call game breaking. What I mean is they dont shut down your game, or worst your pc. At the most they are irritating.

*2 the Pc issue camp

Now everyone will always say...its not my pc, but if you spend a good deal of time in the tech section, (I do, but mostly just lurk and read) And a good 6/10 times its a pc related issue, once you actually see a posted dxdiag report, iets either a ram/cpu/graphics card issue. Im not saying its always the case, because there are some exceptions to the rule.

This game throttles your pc, and like it or not there are a great deal of peeps here who have mid range systems that just pass the acceptable levels this game requires for a deecnt play experience . At best this game requires some serious ram to run efficiently, 3 gigs should be the minimum you need (for a decent experience and also a good CPU, somewhere in the region of a core 2 – 2.4GHz and higher). Now that being said if you look at your task manager when running Ts3 at full tilt (as most peeps try and do initially) it will be almost pulling between 1.8 and 2 gigs of system ram just to run (with all exp and stuff packs installed) and bearing in mind that Vista (not the best Os for gaming) and Win 7 will need at least 1.2 gigs minimum to run your OS in the background and taking into consideration the other background tasks like antivirus, you are looking at a total system ram pull of more than 3 gigs, which is more than your 32bit OS can see. Even with the DEP set for the TS3 exe*, and /or LAA Windows still thinks “hey mate this game is asking way too much, time to shut it down”.

And this does not even take into consideration the types of Graphics cards people are running. My honest opinion is this game does run better on 64bit OS. There is enough free ram (4 gigs is the minimum you need for a stable 64bit OS), so windows does not have a panic attack and shut it down. Also CPU’s..... this game uses a lot of your cpu’ processing power, and just like with the ram issue if windows see’s the application (Ts3) is using way to much resources, it will shut the game down.

Then there are the peeps who Know very little about computers and try and mod thier game add cc ect, or dont patch in the correct order, or do a fresh install but neglect to clean out their registary and remove old save files and cc ect.

Factor all this in and you are most problay looking at the the #1 reason why peeps game crash and burn.

Edits...Lol long post with to many typo's... :D

For the most part yes, but that doesn't mean people need to automatically assume its someones PC, without getting the specs. That happens way to much on this site, and for some they ALWAYS blame the PC or CC/MODS. When in reality this is only a small fraction of the problem. I feel it's really EA's fault, when it comes to people not having good enough PC's to play the game. You may say wait what - how, but EA knows they type of people that buy the Sims. They are the casual market, and the casual market does not have many PC games, plus usually are not hardcore gamers. This means there PC's tend to be older and outdated. This simply means EA built a game that the market really doesn't support. So you get a lot of people playing the game with computers that can't handle the game.

YUP lol agreed!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Coby wrote:
    Sigh, when will we ever clear up this misconception that you can have a bug/ glitch free game. Nobody has a bug/ glitch free game even if your not experiencing the bugs/glitches. Why is this? Because there are a few bug/glitches that are pretty much impossible for someone not to have because there problems with the game engine itself. Even if you don't have those problems now, there is a strong possibility you will experience them in the future.

Sorry, I hate it when I read someone saying they have no problems with there game, you should still be fighting for the cause... :lol:

That is quite true. These kind of bugs that appear suddendly have a name that I do not remember... These bugs are in the code and only appear when some condition comes true. Until then, you do not know there is a bug.
  • Options
    XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited February 2011
    Halle_M wrote:
    I have been hearing this since only the base game was out. So how
    long will it take before I get the bugs/glitches??!!

Do you have World Adventures? Tell me, when your sims go to a dig site that is not on a community lot, can they dig there? Yes or no?

Because they used to be able to dig there, and NOW there is a routing issue. IT'S A GLITCH. Modders, who do not even get paid for their work, have made a mod to fix it. THESE PEOPLE DO THIS FOR A HOBBY, and they've successfully done something that EA had not even bothered to TOUCH yet. Why is that? Why haven't they fixed an aspect of a game that was released a YEAR ago and broken by their OWN PATCH?

It's NOT my computer; IT'S THE GAME.

Yes, I have WA. Yes, when my sim goes to a dig site that is not
    on a community lot, he/she can dig. I have never encountered the
    excavation glitch.

I never said it was anyone's computer. I said that there are so
    many variables involved in PC gaming. Some of those variables are
    the computer...some are the user...and some are the game. But I
    have helped alot of people who swore it wasn't their computer and
    swore they were doing everything right...and how wrong they were!

I have never had any routing issues, any broken family trees, the
    bad mood bug, any save errors. Why? :?:
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2011
    What drives me up the wall is when ppl repeat EA's party line(s).

It's CC/mods.

It's your computer.

Whilst in some cases it's true, it isn't true in all cases. We have a game company who makes an addictive and (when it works right) a good game. They're aiming the game at most everybody, but the market that it's mostly aimed at are ones who know nothing about computers. They come here looking for help because it's not doing what it should and they get the party lines. Eventually, all over the forums, it's repeated by the community.

They can't admit they are or could be to blame. It's always gotta be the one doing the complainings fault, repeated by us.

My game works. I also have the mood bug, overspill of cars and the babies with holes in the head that mean that they require more attention. The babies thing, nobody, tmk, has found a fix or workaround for. All 3 of those problem, on both my old computer and my new one, are caused by an EP and patches. If I were to complain too loudly about them, I, too, would get the party lines thrown at. Both my computers were chosen with TS3 in mind. This one is overspecs.

How's the saying go when you're breaking up with somebody. 'It's not you, it's me'. In EA's case with TS3 it goes 'It's not me, it's you'.
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have never had any routing issues, any broken family trees, the
    bad mood bug, any save errors. Why? :?:

I would say mostly luck, and as you said there are so many variables involved in PC gaming. Maybe with your game you have not met those variables. But just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean you won't somewhere down the road or that it's not there, ready to strike when you least expect it. Did you even look at the link I posted for that mod to fix the routing errors? It clearly shows you the problem, as everyone would have this problem as everyone got the same world if they bought LN.

Just because someone has yet to experience driving a car, or getting fired from a job, doesn't mean they won't latter on. 8)

:lol:
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited February 2011
    I can't say that I've experienced any game breakers either aside from error code 12 but I believe a patch helped to fix that problem however, I won't sit back and say the game is fine just because I'm not going through what someone else is going through. I don't believe in luck but I wonder if something along those lines have to do with those who have bugs and those who don't. There is obviously something going on here. I feel so bad for those who like the game so much but can't play it because of some weird happening that prevents them from doing so. I do however believe that they don't play test their products enough. How did they not notice that babies moods are unreasonable now? They used to be a breeze to raise and now they're so annoying I just have a butler take care of the little heck spawn until they become toddlers. If they played more they would realized that.

Another thing is why is fun while dancing one sided? Shouldn't both parties be able to enjoy dancing together and not just the person initiating it? Even though thats not a bug its little things like that which make me think they don't thoroughly play test their games but instead release them almost immediately just to make money. Oh! I just remembered. The ambitions lot problem that happened with Late Night. How in the world did they miss that one?

I also wonder if they're even playing on 32bit systems because the RAM that this game uses is unreal sometimes.
  • Options
    Wai_Te_AtaWai_Te_Ata Posts: 141
    edited February 2011
    I understand the anger. I have felt that way myself. I discovered quite early that custom community lots eventually seemed to cause my game to break down. I had a lovely asian garden and a very useful reading room which I placed next to my home lot. I also found that the training dummy and board breaker, if placed outside in my home lot caused eventual breakdown.

Anyway, I now don't make new community lots, I buy and upgrade existing ones, and I don't place WA specific content outside in my home lot. This seems to help.

In addition, I uninstalled both my Sims 3 and Sims 2, including all my saved games and personal content - bye bye my asian garden.

Since reinstalling and upgrading sims 3 I have had only minor problems, annoying but not game breaking. I would love these bugs to be fixed, but my game is now playable and wnjoyable.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I respect your post and your opinion however, there are those that are not having any problems and does not have to use mods to correct a problem like myself. As long as I do not have problems I will buy every EP and SP that EA produces and we can get into a long drawn topic on why some are having problems and some are not and also on how computers work, I choose not to do this being you can satisfy some of the people and not all the people. I have countless other games that I invest my time in. I will say this even if you play other games the bugs/glitches in each game is different therefore so are the requirements. We both can have the same processor, a DVD drive and etc. But it does not necessairly mean it will play the same fior we may use different drivers and sometimes(Darn said I was not going to get into it) drivers can be the problem. I use three computers and they are not low-end but they uses different drivers and I can run the program on one and have problems whereas if I run it on another it runs with no problem. If one is experiencing glitches, Glitches act differently than a bug and they are harder to fix being most bugs are in the programming. You can get glitches from using a unsupported device. If it is not your computer and you know stick with it. This debate will continue with no winners or losers.

Can you order Omniplant seeds since LN?
    Can you excavate in China, Egypt, France?

These are general bugs and your answer, if you tell the truth, must be "no" => you have bugs in your game.

I really can't say no being I hardly send my Sims on Vacation, also I do not have a sim that is into planting, but will get with you on that as soon I make one or send on a adventure. However, I still stand by my opinion. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    EdhlaEdhla Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Isn't it interesting how nobody, ever, says "Wow, I don't know why everyone's complaining. MY game is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY BORKED AND FUBAR, and you don't see me complaining about it not working, I'm fine!"

Of course the people who AREN'T complaining have no cause to because THEIR game works!

My game has very, very minor glitches. The dented baby heads, and every now and again the letterbox becomes unclickable. Apart from that, I'm blessed with a working game. But my heart and sympathy goes out to those who have game-breaking errors (seriously, Error 12 would be a nightmare) and, on the official EA website for TS3, of COURSE YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GAME NOT WORKING.

Jeez people.

Complain away, my oppressed brethren! How else is EA going to have their attention drawn into fixing these issues?
  • Options
    YoinkYoink Posts: 95 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Arletta wrote:

It's CC/mods.

It's your computer.

Whilst in some cases it's true, it isn't true in all cases. We have a game company who makes an addictive and (when it works right) a good game. They're aiming the game at most everybody, but the market that it's mostly aimed at are ones who know nothing about computers. They come here looking for help because it's not doing what it should and they get the party lines. Eventually, all over the forums, it's repeated by the community.

They can't admit they are or could be to blame. It's always gotta be the one doing the complainings fault, repeated by us.

My game works. I also have the mood bug, overspill of cars and the babies with holes in the head that mean that they require more attention. The babies thing, nobody, tmk, has found a fix or workaround for. All 3 of those problem, on both my old computer and my new one, are caused by an EP and patches. If I were to complain too loudly about them, I, too, would get the party lines thrown at. Both my computers were chosen with TS3 in mind. This one is overspecs.

How's the saying go when you're breaking up with somebody. 'It's not you, it's me'. In EA's case with TS3 it goes 'It's not me, it's you'.

LOL@ the last sentence! I also agree with the rest of your post. There's nohing more annoying than people saying that you should play a different game if Sims 3 isn't working. That's why we bought it....
  • Options
    boredomkillsboredomkills Posts: 1,134 New Member
    edited February 2011
    There's nohing more annoying than people saying that you should play a different game if Sims 3 isn't working. That's why we bought it....

I know, the gall. :roll:

I wonder if they'll sing the same tune if it were to ever happen to them.
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh this thread again :-o pahahaha. Still no avail? Perhaps you should try backing up the files? And uninstall, then re-install. Lurkin in other forums this seems to be the fix they opt to. It doesn't always work but it's better than sitting, trying to enjoy a broken game. Give it a go~
  • Options
    pompettpompett Posts: 25
    edited February 2011
    I agree completley, Im confused as to why theyve released a base game of medieval when sims base game needs so much improvement. It has a long way to go and it wont get there by entertaining the kids with different colours and gimmicks - we want to create our own things and if it keeps getting lost and we have to start from scratch then theres simply NO POINT ! Its so disheartening when you build up a good career and a large sum of money, finally have the money to play around and make stuff then bang youre back to square one.It is incredibly frustrating the teething problems sims3 and late night still have , and what are they doing? busy making another base game. why did i buy this game ? might as well chuck it in the bin.

• Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited February 2011
    I see big post :shock:

But yeah, people on here complain all the time like old people.(No offense to anyone) If you have technical issues and want to get help that's fine, but don't post petitions and hate letters to EA. So annoying :roll:
  • Options
    baddazbaddaz Posts: 308 New Member
    edited February 2011

It's CC/mods.

It's your computer.

not wanting to repeat EA's "party line" but what other explanation can people give when they can run the game with no real game breaking issues?

what makes my game have less issues then someone having issues?

i've only had the save game error code message that i could get around by using save as instead of save, then a patch fixed that for me (i think) because i haven't seen it since.

yes there little bugs here and there that everyone gets but there far from game breaking.. (basically not bad enough to complain about)
    If you have technical issues and want to get help that's fine, but don't post petitions and hate letters to EA. So annoying

agreed. there's so many petitions/hate/boycott posts, they don't get you anywhere....

• Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited February 2011
    The fact comes down to this: There are issues with the game. Some of which that are caused by a person's computer. Some of which that are caused by the game itself.

To deny either, is plain absurd.

There is no way that sims constantly running after playing tag can be the cause of a subpar computer. To say these issues do not exist, just because you have not experianced them just shows ignorence.

The Sims 3 is a huge game. To say an issue does not exist, purely because you have yet to experiance it, is ridiculous. Especially with a game such as this. Every person's game will be different. Every bug and every glitch has a cause. If a player does not experiance the cause(In the case of the running glitch, plays tag), then they will simply not experiance the glitch.

Like the lagging in Bridgeport for example, while there's unmarked routable terrain, it does not mean sims will always get stuck there. In some games, sims may go no where near it, hence why the player experiances no lag. While in others, a sim may just happen to get stuck there, causing lag.

The "Oh I don't experiance these issues, therefore they don't exist, get a new computer" attude really bugs me. Not just for the sheer stupidity of it, but how insensitive it is. How would you feel if you were experiancing a major issue with your game, lagging in Bridgeport for example, and you came here seeking help, but instead you recieved responses such as "I'm not experiancing any issues, it must be your computer", or "You must have custom content, that's the only reason for glitches". I don't know about you, but that would really tick me off!

Now, what Coby has said, is actuelly pretty spot on. There are genuine issues with this game, all of which are in *everyone's* game. However, in some cases, many have yet to actuelly experiance them. They've just not activated them yet. It's as simple as that.

Telling people to "stop complaining" is incredibly insensitive, and quite frankly unnecassary. *You* may be fed up with complaints, for reasons, as many here have mentioned, because you "haven't experianced them". So why, go into a thread, which is quite obviously a "complaint" thread, and not only post but complain about the original poster? What's it to you what they post? Don't like their view? Don't post at all, ignore them. Don't tell them what they should and shouldn't post. Just ignore the thread altogether if you don't have anything civil to say. These "complaint" threads break no rules.

It's all well and good to tell people to "go play another game", if they experiance issues. But I do wonder, would you keep to this statement, if YOU began to experiance issues? Would you not post your issues, or complaints on this forum? Would you really just give up and prop the games you payed good money for, back on the shelf? I honestly doubt it.

Just my opinion.

• Options
    EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited February 2011
    pompett wrote:
    I agree completley, Im confused as to why theyve released a base game of medieval when sims base game needs so much improvement. It has a long way to go and it wont get there by entertaining the kids with different colours and gimmicks - we want to create our own things and if it keeps getting lost and we have to start from scratch then theres simply NO POINT ! Its so disheartening when you build up a good career and a large sum of money, finally have the money to play around and make stuff then bang youre back to square one.It is incredibly frustrating the teething problems sims3 and late night still have , and what are they doing? busy making another base game. why did i buy this game ? might as well chuck it in the bin.

I don't understand why Sims Medieval was made. Unless they know people will buy the game regardless. Do hope those people know it is not related to Sims 3. I find Sims Medieval to be a wrong direction for the Sims franchise and the money/time could have been used to fix up the bugs and glitches in Sims 3. Why couldn't they focus on Sims 3 and maybe another EP? The EP's have been lackluster and offer minimal for the price. Could have made EP about Pets/Seasons and at least we'd stay interested. While EA is an evil company, they do make bad/wrong choices most of the time which only hurts not only them but their customers. Did we get an apology or anything of the sort for the bugs/glitches and mediocre gameplay? What does customers benefit from, and by customers I mean the unfortunate ones who cannot play properly due to bugs/glitches.
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited February 2011
    doodlesam wrote:
    The fact comes down to this: There are issues with the game. Some of which that are caused by a person's computer. Some of which that are caused by the game itself.

To deny either, is plain absurd.

There is no way that sims constantly running after playing tag can be the cause of a subpar computer. To say these issues do not exist, just because you have not experianced them just shows ignorence.

The Sims 3 is a huge game. To say an issue does not exist, purely because you have yet to experiance it, is ridiculous. Especially with a game such as this. Every person's game will be different. Every bug and every glitch has a cause. If a player does not experiance the cause(In the case of the running glitch, plays tag), then they will simply not experiance the glitch.

Like the lagging in Bridgeport for example, while there's unmarked routable terrain, it does not mean sims will always get stuck there. In some games, sims may go no where near it, hence why the player experiances no lag. While in others, a sim may just happen to get stuck there, causing lag.

The "Oh I don't experiance these issues, therefore they don't exist, get a new computer" attude really bugs me. Not just for the sheer stupidity of it, but how insensitive it is. How would you feel if you were experiancing a major issue with your game, lagging in Bridgeport for example, and you came here seeking help, but instead you recieved responses such as "I'm not experiancing any issues, it must be your computer", or "You must have custom content, that's the only reason for glitches". I don't know about you, but that would really tick me off!

Now, what Coby has said, is actuelly pretty spot on. There are genuine issues with this game, all of which are in *everyone's* game. However, in some cases, many have yet to actuelly experiance them. They've just not activated them yet. It's as simple as that.

Telling people to "stop complaining" is incredibly insensitive, and quite frankly unnecassary. *You* may be fed up with complaints, for reasons, as many here have mentioned, because you "haven't experianced them". So why, go into a thread, which is quite obviously a "complaint" thread, and not only post but complain about the original poster? What's it to you what they post? Don't like their view? Don't post at all, ignore them. Don't tell them what they should and shouldn't post. Just ignore the thread altogether if you don't have anything civil to say. These "complaint" threads break no rules.

It's all well and good to tell people to "go play another game", if they experiance issues. But I do wonder, would you keep to this statement, if YOU began to experiance issues? Would you not post your issues, or complaints on this forum? Would you really just give up and prop the games you payed good money for, back on the shelf? I honestly doubt it.

Just my opinion.

This pretty much says it all... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    Oh this thread again :-o pahahaha. Still no avail? Perhaps you should try backing up the files? And uninstall, then re-install. Lurkin in other forums this seems to be the fix they opt to. It doesn't always work but it's better than sitting, trying to enjoy a broken game. Give it a go~

What I tried:

- Formated the whole drive and reinstalled the operating system and applications.
    - Customized processes running in the background in order to optimize memory and CPU usage.
    - Updated drivers.
    - Chequed memory slots with some benchmark applications, just in case there is a problem with them.
    - Chequed and tested graphic card with some graphic tools.
    - Chequed physical disk for bad sectors.
    - Reinstalled all Sims games in order and updated all of them as they say.
    - Defragmented disk.
    - I started a brand new game without using any kind of previous object/lot/family. I just used objects from The Store.

The problem reapeared. The game corrupts the saved files after some time working building houses and changing lots (no played at all, just building) when I try to load the game it says that there has been a serious error and that I should restart the application. If I start a brand new game I can play normally for some days until the saved game get corrupted again.

I reapeat, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PC.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:

Did you actually read his posts? Because he has said at least two or three times that he is a computer engineer, and that his PC is running at optimal standards.

• Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:

What I tried:

- Formated the whole drive and reinstalled the operating system and applications.
    - Customized processes running in the background in order to optimize memory and CPU usage.
    - Updated drivers.
    - Chequed memory slots with some benchmark applications, just in case there is a problem with them.
    - Chequed and tested graphic card with some graphic tools.
    - Chequed physical disk for bad sectors.
    - Reinstalled all Sims games in order and updated all of them as they say.
    - Defragmented disk.
    - I started a brand new game without using any kind of previous object/lot/family. I just used objects from The Store.

The problem reapeared. The game corrupts the saved files after some time working building houses and changing lots (no played at all, just building) when I try to load the game it says that there has been a serious error and that I should restart the application. If I start a brand new game I can play normally for some days until the saved game get corrupted again.

I've had the serious error message before. I just quit the game, turn off my computer and then turn it on and I don't get the message again. Maybe you should try that.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • Options
    baddazbaddaz Posts: 308 New Member
    edited February 2011

i re read your main post and a few replies i don't think you mentioned it but have you at least tried to install it on a different computer?

i know you constantly repeat it's not your PC but if you haven't tried it's worth the shot.

because if it works there's probably some hardware that the game just doesn't like

it happens sometimes with games.

if you already have done this then don't worry about my post.