July 22 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
July 19 - Friday Highlight time! Find this week's here!

Enough it's enough

I do not want this post to be another angry one or a complaint. I just want to express my thoughts on the situation of this game, so sorry if this post seems another complaint of a furious simmer. Since English is not my mother tongue, sorry if there are mistakes.

First I’d like to say that DO love this game…., when it works. I’ve spent hours and hours playing this great game and having a lot of fun. That is why I do care about it and I post this message here. I am the very first one who wants this game to be fixed, because I miss so much spending time with my families and building. If I did not care about it I would just forget about this game and would play another. I’m afraid that’s that I’m doing right now because I cannot play it anymore.

I’m not going to tell about what I would like to be included in the game, what I think the game lacks of, or what should be improved. We all have different opinions and it is almost impossible to satisfy all of us. Some people want pets, some others prefer magic, etc. This post is not about that. This post is just a personal feeling about a great game with a really bad management.

My problem is that my game becomes unstable when importing houses and families from previous saved games or sims3pack files. It seems the game is not compatible with previous saved objects after some time and I have to play a brand new game. Every time I modify a world, add CC (all from The Store or from previous saved games) and rearrange lots and families, my game will not load the saved game showing an error. Sometimes I can load it tricking the game using the backup file and deleting the main file, but some others I just have to start from the beginning. Sometimes my world has never even been played and I just have built and added content, and the problems appear. This game is about continuity and starting all over a new game is not what I want. Do you know how many hours I’ve spent building houses, rearranging lots and designing unique families that I cannot use anymore?

Some people will accuse me of using mods or CC, and I’ve never ever used any kind of mod Some others tell me that my PC does not meet the minimum requirements or that there must be something wrong with my PC… These two can’t be possible because I’m a computer engineer and I do know that there is nothing wrong with my PC, besides I can play many other games without a problem. I have a very good computer with a thoroughly optimized configuration, clean and stable. I know people use CC from other sites in lots or worlds in The Exchange, so I do not download from there either. I have a clean image of my hard drive that I load every month, so that I have a clean installation of the system (including the game) every month.

I see in the forums that I am not alone and many people got problems with the game, and that makes me wonder. I wonder how can it be possible that people just do not care about these huge amount of bugs. No matter how many of them there are, when EA announces another EP people get crazy in the forums and they automatically preorder it. We can see now how people is more concern about the next EP than about the huge amount of bugs in our games. I think many of these people are very young and they simply do not care about money, maybe because their parents pay for game, or maybe they are so selfish and they only care about getting the game no matter what. They just want the game, with or without bugs. Pure greed.

Buying these expansions without thinking is what is letting this situation to happen. EA is getting what they want: our money, even when they do release a product that is not tested and therefore properly finished. Why would they do it right (thoroughly tested and some months latter than expected with a higher cost for the company) when they can release it anyway sooner and reducing the cost of testing? Maybe I'm not that young or maybe I know what I want and what I pay for, but if I pay for a product that's supposed to work in a specific way and I realize it doesn’t, I want my money back. Some people say their games are ok and they do not have bugs/glitches. That is not true, because it’s been demonstrated that there are "general bugs" which affect to all games, so maybe they just do not care.

Because it is very clear that this game is not tested as it should have been. I know, as a computer engineer, that this game is very complex and that any kind of software have bugs. In fact, there is no software without bugs, but this is not the point. Some of the bugs in this game show a clear lack of testing, as for example the opportunities referring to non existing buildings. If the testing team had just spent a few hours playing, they would have realized about this bug and some others.

Apart from that, there is also the performance issue (which is not a bug in itself). I think this game has been released for a 32bit system which is a dead end, because this game needs a lot of AI and that means a consumption of a huge amount of memory. The problem is that 32 bit systems can only use a top of a bit more than 3 GB, so we can say that this game has a serious problem with memory. Besides, this game is growing with each and every Stuff and Expansion pack, so the game needs more and more memory, which the system can’t give. Why EA didn’t have this in mind when they released the game?

Another question, why the company does not fix the game? Why there are bugs since the release of WA that haven’t been fixed yet? I do not want to think that EA just do not care about them. I’m sure they do care, but that makes me put this question: Could it be that EA do not know how to fix them? Could it be that these bugs cannot be easily fixed so that the game need to be reprogrammed all over? Could the game deal with such a huge CPU and memory usage as a weather expansion? Could the game deal with some more expansion packs? We will see, but a weather expansion, which is the most acclaimed, is also the most difficult one. The more EPs and SPs, the more memory the game needs, memory the system cannot give.

The most striking thing is that although the bugs in the game seems to be very difficult, there are people out there that has created mods that fixes these bugs or reduce the bad effect of them in the game. How can it be possible that EA’s developer team, that have the most accurate knowledge of the software cannot fix the bugs and people like you and me could do it? Not only this, but some people has developed mods that improves the game (for example the story progression) to a high level of detail and control.

So, after all these bugs and people complaining in the forums… what does the company say about this? Nothing. What kind of information has the company given to the customers? None. What actions did the company take to solve this issue? Unknown. What is the company doing in the middle of these furious customers with all these buggy games? Releasing more buggy games. What are the customers doing? Buying these buggy games. There are also people doing EA’s job by asking others about their bugs, sorting them out and checking if they are real or not. We are doing EA’s job. I’m afraid we deserve what we’ve got.

Maybe a company cannot stop producing goods or services just because there is something wrong with previous ones, because they need to have a constant income in order to exist. The problem is when the company is releasing more and more defect products or services and they do not inform the customers. I think EA should inform to all of us about what they are doing to solve this mess and saying they are sorry for any inconvenience. But that kind of statement means they publicly declare and state that their product is buggy, which they do not want to recognize. Pure ego. They also should use the GimGurus to collect of bugs from customers, confirm the existence of them and sort them out by relevance. This is the least they should do. But they are not doing it. EA is letting the customers do its job freely. Shame on you!

I can assure this is my last post complaining about the game, because I just want to say it once. You can feel free to accuse me of ranting and all that stuff. I do not care if you do it politely, because this site is for all of us and we all have the right to express our feelings and thoughts.

Sadly I have to admit that I’m not playing this game anymore because I cannot play for more than one week until my save file gets corrupted. I miss it so much, but I am not wasting my time with a game from a company that has no respect for its customers.

Thank you all.

Comments

  • gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    Wow! That is a REALLY long post!!! I don't get why everyone is always complaining. I never have any problems with my game. I don't really see how writing a page long post is going to change anything either. Not trying to be rude, but if it upsets you that badly, you probably SHOULD just play a different game. It's not worth getting all worked up over. Sims is a great game but there are a lot of other great games. If you're having problems and EA is giving you no support, it's better to just play something else instead of stressing.
  • baddazbaddaz Posts: 308
    edited February 2011
    i too have no problems. i'm starting to think some peoples computers aren't up to scratch.

    but also it's could be the different systems people use. a similar problem happened in the game Call of Duty black ops. people with brand new computers where having issues and others wheren't.
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow! That is a REALLY long post!!! I don't get why everyone is always complaining. I never have any problems with my game. I don't really see how writing a page long post is going to change anything either. Not trying to be rude, but if it upsets you that badly, you probably SHOULD just play a different game. It's not worth getting all worked up over. Sims is a great game but there are a lot of other great games. If you're having problems and EA is giving you no support, it's better to just play something else instead of stressing.
    ^This. I agree in everything in this post!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,166 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have bugs, not making my game unplayingball but I just ended up installing a sp, going to findout the clean out car thingy.

    I have bugs from before WA that I written to EA about, but no answer. I'm working on a longer letter with pictures to adresse theis problems (again) and this time I think they just get the same letter every month until it is fixed.

    It makes me angry that they ignore their custumors like that.
    But I gues I'm lucky that I actually can play.
    And about playing other games, I don't know of any other sandbox games like the sims, please corect me if I'm wrong.
    N7vSQVW.png
    click siggy to take part.

    old my-page here you find my uploades and about me
    but please no friend requests,

  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,337 Member
    edited February 2011
    basically i think its cause some have skipped patches, for example someone who as had sims 3 on the comp from the start will have every update that came out and ep put in then new updates, as someone that as just got the game updates to the newest patch, so have not got previous fixes. ea did say to me that the newest patch as all up dates but i did notice when just installed the newest patch some errors that fix way before was not fixed,so i don't think it does, saying that the newest patch has the wellrested bug and alot have got this even without cc's or mods. i to had this so went back to a previous patch my comp can run this game its pretty powerful so i know its not the comp maybe its different windows, missed patches.
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:
    But I gues I'm lucky that I actually can play.
    I don't guess it's luck because MANY can play it. :) Theres just a few that now and then that have a unplayable game, but that's being unlucky. :?
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 458 Member
    edited February 2011
    baddaz wrote:
    i too have no problems. i'm starting to think some peoples computers aren't up to scratch.

    but also it's could be the different systems people use. a similar problem happened in the game Call of Duty black ops. people with brand new computers where having issues and others wheren't.

    As I said: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PC: Every month I load a clean image of the operating system + updated drivers + game fully patched. I can play many other games without a problem.
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 458 Member
    edited February 2011
    basically i think its cause some have skipped patches, for example someone who as had sims 3 on the comp from the start will have every update that came out and ep put in then new updates, as someone that as just got the game updates to the newest patch, so have not got previous fixes. ea did say to me that the newest patch as all up dates but i did notice when just installed the newest patch some errors that fix way before was not fixed,so i don't think it does, saying that the newest patch has the wellrested bug and alot have got this even without cc's or mods. i to had this so went back to a previous patch my comp can run this game its pretty powerful so i know its not the comp maybe its different windows, missed patches.

    My game is fully patched with the cumulative manual patches that installs all patches since the beginning.
  • Allct222Allct222 Posts: 610 New Member
    edited February 2011
    The forums are here for anyone to post whatever they want to crit or praise. I was a lucky simmer who was not hit with any big bugs until recently. After the patch/update with OLS, my town congregated outside the cinema and this has left my game unplayable- you cant throw parties- no one comes, all clubs etc are empty, you cant call a maid/repairman they arrive and then head off to the cinema grounds. Of course deleting the building clears it for a few sim hours and then they all congregate again.
    I have a decent PC, specs are above average, i have no CC or mods installed, however i will need a mod to be installed now, in order to play.
    I agree with this simmers satements that if modders can fix the issues, why is it so difficult for the game developers to do it? I also kept on thinking that surely they need to test the game long before they release it?
    My personal decision now, especially after seeing the bug report sheet of LN, the amount of posts basically tallies up to the amount of posts on this forum alone, so clearly there is/are a problems that need to be addressed! But my decision is not to buy anymore EPs or SPs until proper fixes are made!

  • gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:
    baddaz wrote:
    i too have no problems. i'm starting to think some peoples computers aren't up to scratch.

    but also it's could be the different systems people use. a similar problem happened in the game Call of Duty black ops. people with brand new computers where having issues and others wheren't.

    As I said: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PC: Every month I load a clean image of the operating system + updated drivers + game fully patched. I can play many other games without a problem.

    And again, why are you getting worked up over this? So there is nothing wrong with your PC, you update your game regularly, so it's all the game's fault. If you are a computer engineer, and you say there is nothing wrong with your computer then I believe you, I'm sure you know more about computers than most people. So lets just say it's the game. Nothing else, just that the game is full of bugs. You only have one solution. You talk to EA about this and see if they can help you. If they can't then you say oh well! It's just a game and I'm not going to stress myself out over it, I'll play a different game.

    Venting about it on the forums isn't going to do anything except eventually get on people's nerves because they'll get sick of hearing it. Seriously, noone on this forum has sucessfully helped you yet. They've either said it's your computer or your game isn't updated or bla bla bla and according to you, they are all wrong. So EA are really the only people that can truly help you. Again, if you aren't getting help from them, just say ok I won't buy anymore EA games since they obviously don't care about their customers, and that's that. The end.

    Now if you want to complain about other people buying the game, I don't think that should concern you. That's their business. Don't let other people's decisions upset you, just worry about you. If people are having major problems with their game, they probably aren't going to go out and get another sim game. If they do, like I said it doesn't concern you. To call someone selfish or greedy is kind of harsh I think. Take me for example, I have had SOME problems with my game, like it will randomly freeze up at times, but not usually. I have a simple solution to that though, I just learned to periodically keep saving my game, that way if it doesn't freeze up, It's not like I just wasted hours of game play. I also had a stair issue where my sims wouldnt use the stairs in their home, they'd come down through the ceiling. It doesn't bother me that bad though because I almost find it amusing. Plus it rarely even happens! Also, I've had times (not often) where my sim would get stuck and they wouldn't do anything I told them to do. There is a solution to this also, my friend! You use the "reset sim" cheat and presto!

    What I'm saying is yea there are minor things every now and then but nothing that can't be fixed with a cheat code usually. So does this mean I should just stop buying sims games because a few little minor issues? It's not like it takes away from my gaming experience. My game is still playable and I still have loads of fun playing it. So yes I continue to buy more sim games as I'm sure alot of people do! Now if I had MAJOR issues with my game and there was nothing that could be done about it then no I would not keep buying the games. But hey! So what if I did? It doesn't effect your life in any way right? Some people enjoy the sims so much that it might be worth the risk to buy another game and hope that it doesn't add anymore issues, and that's their right if they chose to do so.

    So I don't really see the point in people complaining about their game on here. If you have something that people can actually help you with then by all means, feel free! But like I've said, obviously noone is helping you because you strongly disagree with anything that anyone suggests. So basically all this is is just a place to vent. Seriously, don't vent over it, don't get worked up over it. Just start finding different games to play that you can enjoy and maybe one day EA will start listening to these customers like you who have problems with their game and maybe they'll actually do something about it. Until then, all you can do is just wait. Because you're right, if people keep buying the games, EA will probably be less likely to fix anything. If you think about it logically though, if it gets to be where the majority of people are having problems with it, EA will start losing customers and they'll have to fix it! As of now though, I think there are more people who have problem-free games that people who don't. That's why I think there is nothing getting done. Just be patient.
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2011
    Eventually you have to sit down and go HMM maybe it is my comp or I did something wrong somewhere. See here I ain't tryna be rude or anything I'm just saying. I myself and others have no problems and if at all, very little. Now why does the same game work fine for others but not for some? The computer/game compatibility or plain ol user error are the key. What works for one computer will certainly not for another. Anyways I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm sorry you feel so strongly about it you had to create a rather intensive wall of text.
    Go play another game, the stress will go away with that but I'll stick by Sims.
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:
    baddaz wrote:
    i too have no problems. i'm starting to think some peoples computers aren't up to scratch.

    but also it's could be the different systems people use. a similar problem happened in the game Call of Duty black ops. people with brand new computers where having issues and others wheren't.

    As I said: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PC: Every month I load a clean image of the operating system + updated drivers + game fully patched. I can play many other games without a problem.

    And again, why are you getting worked up over this? So there is nothing wrong with your PC, you update your game regularly, so it's all the game's fault. If you are a computer engineer, and you say there is nothing wrong with your computer then I believe you, I'm sure you know more about computers than most people. So lets just say it's the game. Nothing else, just that the game is full of bugs. You only have one solution. You talk to EA about this and see if they can help you. If they can't then you say oh well! It's just a game and I'm not going to stress myself out over it, I'll play a different game.

    Venting about it on the forums isn't going to do anything except eventually get on people's nerves because they'll get sick of hearing it. Seriously, noone on this forum has sucessfully helped you yet. They've either said it's your computer or your game isn't updated or bla bla bla and according to you, they are all wrong. So EA are really the only people that can truly help you. Again, if you aren't getting help from them, just say ok I won't buy anymore EA games since they obviously don't care about their customers, and that's that. The end.

    Now if you want to complain about other people buying the game, I don't think that should concern you. That's their business. Don't let other people's decisions upset you, just worry about you. If people are having major problems with their game, they probably aren't going to go out and get another sim game. If they do, like I said it doesn't concern you. To call someone selfish or greedy is kind of harsh I think. Take me for example, I have had SOME problems with my game, like it will randomly freeze up at times, but not usually. I have a simple solution to that though, I just learned to periodically keep saving my game, that way if it doesn't freeze up, It's not like I just wasted hours of game play. I also had a stair issue where my sims wouldnt use the stairs in their home, they'd come down through the ceiling. It doesn't bother me that bad though because I almost find it amusing. Plus it rarely even happens! Also, I've had times (not often) where my sim would get stuck and they wouldn't do anything I told them to do. There is a solution to this also, my friend! You use the "reset sim" cheat and presto!

    What I'm saying is yea there are minor things every now and then but nothing that can't be fixed with a cheat code usually. So does this mean I should just stop buying sims games because a few little minor issues? It's not like it takes away from my gaming experience. My game is still playable and I still have loads of fun playing it. So yes I continue to buy more sim games as I'm sure alot of people do! Now if I had MAJOR issues with my game and there was nothing that could be done about it then no I would not keep buying the games. But hey! So what if I did? It doesn't effect your life in any way right? Some people enjoy the sims so much that it might be worth the risk to buy another game and hope that it doesn't add anymore issues, and that's their right if they chose to do so.

    So I don't really see the point in people complaining about their game on here. If you have something that people can actually help you with then by all means, feel free! But like I've said, obviously noone is helping you because you strongly disagree with anything that anyone suggests. So basically all this is is just a place to vent. Seriously, don't vent over it, don't get worked up over it. Just start finding different games to play that you can enjoy and maybe one day EA will start listening to these customers like you who have problems with their game and maybe they'll actually do something about it. Until then, all you can do is just wait. Because you're right, if people keep buying the games, EA will probably be less likely to fix anything. If you think about it logically though, if it gets to be where the majority of people are having problems with it, EA will start losing customers and they'll have to fix it! As of now though, I think there are more people who have problem-free games that people who don't. That's why I think there is nothing getting done. Just be patient.

    tl;dr

    The point is the forum is here for everyone. Venting or sharing pictures. You don't like don't come to these posts.

  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited February 2011
    Ok one thing I haven't told you yet. I am very young, yes, but my parents don't pay for my games. Also a EP is very expensive for me. So why am I buying it? Because I am selfish and just WANT this game? Eep, no.
    I buy it because the only bugs I have is stuff like SOMETIMES the elevator doesn't work. SOMETIMES my simmers age reset. When my toddlers age up, they go cross eyed, which I just find really funny. And with the new patch I also have the bad bed problem, but I simply don't patch my game. That's the fix for that.
    So for some reason I am not allowed to enjoy my game without being selfish because YOU have bugs? I mean... That's just stupid.
    I have lots of fun with this game and gonna keep buy it (if the EP looks like fun of course) if you have bugs or not.
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2011
    Magic Dancer get off the high horse before you go bow legged. For once Georgiapeach was actually being (in my opinion) helpful and genuine. There's not much help for people like him with a game like that, I really myself haven't seen any advice/fixes for that other than mods. Your statement goes both ways, why not. Just doing the best we can.
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    Magic Dancer get off the high horse before you go bow legged. For once Georgiapeach was actually being (in my opinion) helpful and genuine. There's not much help for people like him with a game like that, I really myself haven't seen any advice/fixes for that other than mods. Your statement goes both ways, why not. Just doing the best we can.

    I'm not on a high horse, dear. If there is no help then offering the comments like "play something else" or "I'm not having problems" is even more insulting, it's belittling.

    Venting is okay, people. There really are some people who don't want mods to fix a game and there are a lot of people who do see game breaking problems. Belittling their venting is just sad.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm not on a high horse, dear. If there is no help then offering the comments like "play something else" or "I'm not having problems" is even more insulting, it's belittling.

    Venting is okay, people. There really are some people who don't want mods to fix a game and there are a lot of people who do see game breaking problems. Belittling their venting is just sad.


    Agreed. Stop blaming the victim just because YOU personally haven't experienced problems.


    As for the original poster: your post was thoughtful and well-worded, and you truly do have a legitimate complaint; it seems clear that several on this thread didn't bother to read what you wrote before telling you that "there must be something wrong with your computer."

    I have had problems as well, and the only thing that worked was to break down and use a mod for the first time EVER. Now my game is playable and enjoyable for the first time in months.

    Also, I want to commend you on your English; it is better than that of most native speakers. :D

  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    Magic Dancer get off the high horse before you go bow legged. For once Georgiapeach was actually being (in my opinion) helpful and genuine. There's not much help for people like him with a game like that, I really myself haven't seen any advice/fixes for that other than mods. Your statement goes both ways, why not. Just doing the best we can.

    I'm not on a high horse, dear. If there is no help then offering the comments like "play something else" or "I'm not having problems" is even more insulting, it's belittling.

    Venting is okay, people. There really are some people who don't want mods to fix a game and there are a lot of people who do see game breaking problems. Belittling their venting is just sad.
    Alright yes there is venting no one said that there wasn't babycakes, no one said NO VENTING ALLOWED. But I see no one in these forums that said anything out of line other than genuine help the only way THEY no how. What solution is here other than EA to fix it? We're going to give our opinions, we're going to either agree or disagree. We're going to say what we think is best and we're going to be no help at all in times sugar plum. No one was being offensive or aggressive, you just see it as such where as I myself do not darlin.
    Aaah I can't type right, good thing I'm going to school .__.
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited February 2011
    I think OP was being a little bit offensive for telling us we were selfish if we bought the game :?
  • gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    You're right, I am being genuine and TRYING to be helpful. Yea I know I don't have a good reputation on these forums but over the past few days I've been doing my best to just stay away from joking around about topics that make people get annoyed. And if I do joke, I try to only do it every now and then instead of making every post a joke because then noone knows when I'm serious or not. But instead of trying to convince people of this by talking about it, I've just been trying to prove it because I know that people will just say they don't believe me if I try talking to them.

    So anyway, I wouldn't have wrote that big long post if I wasn't trying to help. I'm just being straight up and to the point. @ Magic dancer, I never said that he didn't have the right to vent about his game. He's not breaking a rule by venting about his game. He has the right to say he loves it or the right to say he hates it, it's his opinion which he is entitled to.

    All I'm doing is giving advice. Just from seeing other people complain repeatidly about their game on these forums, I haven't seen people take too kindly to it. They always just get annoyed because they get tired of hearing it. Either do something to fix the issue or quit stressing over it and play a different game. Especially when you are the type of person to disagree with anything that anyone suggests might be wrong. Then it gets to the point where it's like, he knew coming into the forum that people were going to suggest that it's probably just his computer, he mentioned it in his original post and said that this is not the issue. He mentioned other things that he thought people would suggest and said that he knows for a fact that those aren't the issues either. So if he's going to be determined to stick with what he believes, which is that it's the GAME and not his computer, then the point in creating this thread wasn't to get help. It was just to vent, which like I said, he isn't breaking any rules by doing so. However, unlike YOU, magic dancer, instead of just basically saying "oh he can post what he wants" I'm actually trying to give this person advice so that he won't have people jumping down his throat for making threads complaining about his game. So, again, I stick by the fact that if you really want MY advice, you should start looking for new games. Personally I think it's weird that the majority of other people (such as myself) don't have major issues, but then some people like you do have issues. It makes it look like it probably is something having to do with your PC, however I'm not going to try to argue with you about it. As I said, you are a computer engineer so I'm sure you know more about computers than me.

    I'm not one of those people complaining about you making threads bashing the sims game, this is the only thread i have ever seen of yours. I'm just giving you my sincere opinion. People on these threads tend not to like it. Chances are you'll eventually end up starting an argument. And what fun is that? Its all just stress. It's stressful to worry about a game that you apparently can't fix and can't get EA to fix, and it's stressful to come on a forum and complain about it knowing that it could start an argument. I dont know about you but I like to live my life stress free!
  • van1llabeeen87van1llabeeen87 Posts: 964 New Member
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:
    I do not want this post to be another angry one or a complaint. I just want to express my thoughts on the situation of this game, so sorry if this post seems another complaint of a furious simmer. Since English is not my mother tongue, sorry if there are mistakes.

    First I’d like to say that DO love this game…., when it works. I’ve spent hours and hours playing this great game and having a lot of fun. That is why I do care about it and I post this message here. I am the very first one who wants this game to be fixed, because I miss so much spending time with my families and building. If I did not care about it I would just forget about this game and would play another. I’m afraid that’s that I’m doing right now because I cannot play it anymore.

    I’m not going to tell about what I would like to be included in the game, what I think the game lacks of, or what should be improved. We all have different opinions and it is almost impossible to satisfy all of us. Some people want pets, some others prefer magic, etc. This post is not about that. This post is just a personal feeling about a great game with a really bad management.

    My problem is that my game becomes unstable when importing houses and families from previous saved games or sims3pack files. It seems the game is not compatible with previous saved objects after some time and I have to play a brand new game. Every time I modify a world, add CC (all from The Store or from previous saved games) and rearrange lots and families, my game will not load the saved game showing an error. Sometimes I can load it tricking the game using the backup file and deleting the main file, but some others I just have to start from the beginning. Sometimes my world has never even been played and I just have built and added content, and the problems appear. This game is about continuity and starting all over a new game is not what I want. Do you know how many hours I’ve spent building houses, rearranging lots and designing unique families that I cannot use anymore?

    Some people will accuse me of using mods or CC, and I’ve never ever used any kind of mod Some others tell me that my PC does not meet the minimum requirements or that there must be something wrong with my PC… These two can’t be possible because I’m a computer engineer and I do know that there is nothing wrong with my PC, besides I can play many other games without a problem. I have a very good computer with a thoroughly optimized configuration, clean and stable. I know people use CC from other sites in lots or worlds in The Exchange, so I do not download from there either. I have a clean image of my hard drive that I load every month, so that I have a clean installation of the system (including the game) every month.

    I see in the forums that I am not alone and many people got problems with the game, and that makes me wonder. I wonder how can it be possible that people just do not care about these huge amount of bugs. No matter how many of them there are, when EA announces another EP people get crazy in the forums and they automatically preorder it. We can see now how people is more concern about the next EP than about the huge amount of bugs in our games. I think many of these people are very young and they simply do not care about money, maybe because their parents pay for game, or maybe they are so selfish and they only care about getting the game no matter what. They just want the game, with or without bugs. Pure greed.

    Buying these expansions without thinking is what is letting this situation to happen. EA is getting what they want: our money, even when they do release a product that is not tested and therefore properly finished. Why would they do it right (thoroughly tested and some months latter than expected with a higher cost for the company) when they can release it anyway sooner and reducing the cost of testing? Maybe I'm not that young or maybe I know what I want and what I pay for, but if I pay for a product that's supposed to work in a specific way and I realize it doesn’t, I want my money back. Some people say their games are ok and they do not have bugs/glitches. That is not true, because it’s been demonstrated that there are "general bugs" which affect to all games, so maybe they just do not care.

    Because it is very clear that this game is not tested as it should have been. I know, as a computer engineer, that this game is very complex and that any kind of software have bugs. In fact, there is no software without bugs, but this is not the point. Some of the bugs in this game show a clear lack of testing, as for example the opportunities referring to non existing buildings. If the testing team had just spent a few hours playing, they would have realized about this bug and some others.

    Apart from that, there is also the performance issue (which is not a bug in itself). I think this game has been released for a 32bit system which is a dead end, because this game needs a lot of AI and that means a consumption of a huge amount of memory. The problem is that 32 bit systems can only use a top of a bit more than 3 GB, so we can say that this game has a serious problem with memory. Besides, this game is growing with each and every Stuff and Expansion pack, so the game needs more and more memory, which the system can’t give. Why EA didn’t have this in mind when they released the game?

    Another question, why the company does not fix the game? Why there are bugs since the release of WA that haven’t been fixed yet? I do not want to think that EA just do not care about them. I’m sure they do care, but that makes me put this question: Could it be that EA do not know how to fix them? Could it be that these bugs cannot be easily fixed so that the game need to be reprogrammed all over? Could the game deal with such a huge CPU and memory usage as a weather expansion? Could the game deal with some more expansion packs? We will see, but a weather expansion, which is the most acclaimed, is also the most difficult one. The more EPs and SPs, the more memory the game needs, memory the system cannot give.

    The most striking thing is that although the bugs in the game seems to be very difficult, there are people out there that has created mods that fixes these bugs or reduce the bad effect of them in the game. How can it be possible that EA’s developer team, that have the most accurate knowledge of the software cannot fix the bugs and people like you and me could do it? Not only this, but some people has developed mods that improves the game (for example the story progression) to a high level of detail and control.

    So, after all these bugs and people complaining in the forums… what does the company say about this? Nothing. What kind of information has the company given to the customers? None. What actions did the company take to solve this issue? Unknown. What is the company doing in the middle of these furious customers with all these buggy games? Releasing more buggy games. What are the customers doing? Buying these buggy games. There are also people doing EA’s job by asking others about their bugs, sorting them out and checking if they are real or not. We are doing EA’s job. I’m afraid we deserve what we’ve got.

    Maybe a company cannot stop producing goods or services just because there is something wrong with previous ones, because they need to have a constant income in order to exist. The problem is when the company is releasing more and more defect products or services and they do not inform the customers. I think EA should inform to all of us about what they are doing to solve this mess and saying they are sorry for any inconvenience. But that kind of statement means they publicly declare and state that their product is buggy, which they do not want to recognize. Pure ego. They also should use the GimGurus to collect of bugs from customers, confirm the existence of them and sort them out by relevance. This is the least they should do. But they are not doing it. EA is letting the customers do its job freely. Shame on you!

    I can assure this is my last post complaining about the game, because I just want to say it once. You can feel free to accuse me of ranting and all that stuff. I do not care if you do it politely, because this site is for all of us and we all have the right to express our feelings and thoughts.

    Sadly I have to admit that I’m not playing this game anymore because I cannot play for more than one week until my save file gets corrupted. I miss it so much, but I am not wasting my time with a game from a company that has no respect for its customers.

    Thank you all.

    I just wanted to say that I agree with your entire post whole heartedly. I grew up with this game (was playing simcity at age 10). EA is breaking my heart. I feel that they have ruined this game. It has no feeling/personality/depth (my opinion though). I have recently uninstalled my Sims 3 games and put all of my Sims 2 games back on to my computer and have been playing that now and must say am having quite a bit more fun with it than I have had with the Sims 3. I have everything for sims 3 except for OLS (wasn't going to waste my $$ on that one); I only have 3 ep's for sims 2 (seasons, pets, & night life) and it's more fun just with that than the sims 3 with all of it's ep's. That's just sad. I didn't switch back to TS2 b/c of bugs though as I was able to get around that nonsense with mods and such. I switched back to TS2 because TS3 feels completely stale, lifeless and just plain boring.

    There is no other game like the sims though so switching entirely from the franchise is much easier said than done.
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:
    Magic Dancer get off the high horse before you go bow legged. For once Georgiapeach was actually being (in my opinion) helpful and genuine. There's not much help for people like him with a game like that, I really myself haven't seen any advice/fixes for that other than mods. Your statement goes both ways, why not. Just doing the best we can.

    I'm not on a high horse, dear. If there is no help then offering the comments like "play something else" or "I'm not having problems" is even more insulting, it's belittling.

    Venting is okay, people. There really are some people who don't want mods to fix a game and there are a lot of people who do see game breaking problems. Belittling their venting is just sad.
    Alright yes there is venting no one said that there wasn't babycakes, no one said NO VENTING ALLOWED. But I see no one in these forums that said anything out of line other than genuine help the only way THEY no how. What solution is here other than EA to fix it? We're going to give our opinions, we're going to either agree or disagree. We're going to say what we think is best and we're going to be no help at all in times sugar plum. No one was being offensive or aggressive, you just see it as such where as I myself do not darlin.
    Aaah I can't type right, good thing I'm going to school .__.

    Maybe you should read the two replies again. :lol:

    Their statement was why vent because it makes people angry here. My reply, hon, was adequate to their reply. Your view is not what I was replying to nor quoting. Jump on another lily pad, little frog.
  • gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    I get that playing sims altogether is probably difficult and not something people want to do especially if they have been playing for a long time and have came to enjoy the game.

    However, it gets to a point where there is nothing you can do. People are always saying their game has bugs, they have to fix it with mods, EA won't help them, EA just ignores them and they have horrible customer service. I don't know about the rest of you but if I was having that many problems and on top of it, I didn't get any help from EA, I don't think it would be THAT difficult for me personally to stop playing sims. I'd say you know what? If EA doesn't want to help me, screw them. I'm not spending another cent on their games. And in this situation, it looks like that's the only option.

    There hasn't been one suggestion that anyone has thrown out there that the OP could actually consider helpful. You know why? Because everything that everyone has mentioned, he's already thought about it and came to the conclusion that it's not his computer or anything else, and he is obviously sticking to that. So I feel like saying play a different game is the MOST helpful thing that I could say. It is not meant to be belittling in any way shape or form. Think about it. What else can he do? He can't fix the issue himself, He refuses to believe anything that anyone on the forums suggests might be the problem, EA won't help him, do you have any better solutions other than to quit stressing about it and play a different game? If you do, I'd like to hear it.
  • gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    I think OP was being a little bit offensive for telling us we were selfish if we bought the game :?

    Well I think he was saying people who keep buying the games, who've previously had problems with the sims games are selfish. Which even still, that isn't necessarily true. Like I said, some people might buy them because they just enjoy the sims that much and they think it's worth it to take a chance on getting another game that will have even more "bugs". Personally if it was me, I wouldn't keep buying the sims if I was having problems, but that is just because I don't like wasting money. I agree that it may be true that are are some kids out there who probably don't have to pay for their games so they don't care and they just keep getting more and more sims games despite the fact that they dont work right. But what about the people like you? People who are young but don't have your parents buying your games for you. You buy them yourself so I'm sure you won't keep buying the games if they didn't work right. BUT if you did, who cares? That's my point. It doesn't mean you are just selfish and want to be greedy just because you want the game. You might just feel that its worth taking the risk.
  • van1llabeeen87van1llabeeen87 Posts: 964 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I get that playing sims altogether is probably difficult and not something people want to do especially if they have been playing for a long time and have came to enjoy the game.

    However, it gets to a point where there is nothing you can do. People are always saying their game has bugs, they have to fix it with mods, EA won't help them, EA just ignores them and they have horrible customer service. I don't know about the rest of you but if I was having that many problems and on top of it, I didn't get any help from EA, I don't think it would be THAT difficult for me personally to stop playing sims. I'd say you know what? If EA doesn't want to help me, screw them. I'm not spending another cent on their games. And in this situation, it looks like that's the only option.

    There hasn't been one suggestion that anyone has thrown out there that the OP could actually consider helpful. You know why? Because everything that everyone has mentioned, he's already thought about it and came to the conclusion that it's not his computer or anything else, and he is obviously sticking to that. So I feel like saying play a different game is the MOST helpful thing that I could say. It is not meant to be belittling in any way shape or form. Think about it. What else can he do? He can't fix the issue himself, He refuses to believe anything that anyone on the forums suggests might be the problem, EA won't help him, do you have any better solutions other than to quit stressing about it and play a different game? If you do, I'd like to hear it.

    i don't think he was actually 'asking' for help though. this post was pretty much to vent. i don't think there is anything wrong with him venting here. where else shall one vent about ea's shoddy games other than ea's website? these kinds of threads need to be here. ea needs to know about this stuff. if it keeps getting posted maybe they will wake up (that could be wishful thinking on my part however...)
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited February 2011
    I get that playing sims altogether is probably difficult and not something people want to do especially if they have been playing for a long time and have came to enjoy the game.

    However, it gets to a point where there is nothing you can do. People are always saying their game has bugs, they have to fix it with mods, EA won't help them, EA just ignores them and they have horrible customer service. I don't know about the rest of you but if I was having that many problems and on top of it, I didn't get any help from EA, I don't think it would be THAT difficult for me personally to stop playing sims. I'd say you know what? If EA doesn't want to help me, screw them. I'm not spending another cent on their games. And in this situation, it looks like that's the only option.

    There hasn't been one suggestion that anyone has thrown out there that the OP could actually consider helpful. You know why? Because everything that everyone has mentioned, he's already thought about it and came to the conclusion that it's not his computer or anything else, and he is obviously sticking to that. So I feel like saying play a different game is the MOST helpful thing that I could say. It is not meant to be belittling in any way shape or form. Think about it. What else can he do? He can't fix the issue himself, He refuses to believe anything that anyone on the forums suggests might be the problem, EA won't help him, do you have any better solutions other than to quit stressing about it and play a different game? If you do, I'd like to hear it.

    See, that's just the thing. They already said their were not going to be playing any more. Your little, "why post this," comment was just to be rude.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top