Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough it's enough

Comments

• Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:
    Alright yes there is venting no one said that there wasn't babycakes, no one said NO VENTING ALLOWED. But I see no one in these forums that said anything out of line other than genuine help the only way THEY no how. What solution is here other than EA to fix it? We're going to give our opinions, we're going to either agree or disagree. We're going to say what we think is best and we're going to be no help at all in times sugar plum. No one was being offensive or aggressive, you just see it as such where as I myself do not darlin.
    Aaah I can't type right, good thing I'm going to school .__.

Maybe you should read the two replies again. :lol:

Their statement was why vent because it makes people angry here. My reply, hon, was adequate to their reply. Your view is not what I was replying to nor quoting. Jump on another lily pad, little frog.

:lol:
  • Options
    gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    I get that playing sims altogether is probably difficult and not something people want to do especially if they have been playing for a long time and have came to enjoy the game.

However, it gets to a point where there is nothing you can do. People are always saying their game has bugs, they have to fix it with mods, EA won't help them, EA just ignores them and they have horrible customer service. I don't know about the rest of you but if I was having that many problems and on top of it, I didn't get any help from EA, I don't think it would be THAT difficult for me personally to stop playing sims. I'd say you know what? If EA doesn't want to help me, screw them. I'm not spending another cent on their games. And in this situation, it looks like that's the only option.

There hasn't been one suggestion that anyone has thrown out there that the OP could actually consider helpful. You know why? Because everything that everyone has mentioned, he's already thought about it and came to the conclusion that it's not his computer or anything else, and he is obviously sticking to that. So I feel like saying play a different game is the MOST helpful thing that I could say. It is not meant to be belittling in any way shape or form. Think about it. What else can he do? He can't fix the issue himself, He refuses to believe anything that anyone on the forums suggests might be the problem, EA won't help him, do you have any better solutions other than to quit stressing about it and play a different game? If you do, I'd like to hear it.

See, that's just the thing. They already said their were not going to be playing any more. Your little, "why post this," comment was just to be rude.
    Ok, well I went back and read the post and saw where he said that he has stopped playing now because he CANT play anymore. I overlooked that, it was an extremely long post. So no, my comment was not "meant" to be rude. I am not a rude person.
    Still, if he is venting about the fact that he cant play his game and that EA is not helping him, it shows that he is not over the issue. He is still letting it bother him. All I am doing is offering some encouraging advice by saying hey! Don't let it get you down! It's not worth it. If there's nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do. Just enjoy playing other games for a while. As I said, after a while if more and more people keep getting these "bugs" then EA will be getting complaints from everyone and they will HAVE to work it out because they will lose a VAST majority of their customers which means they will be broke! You think they are going to let that happen? I doubt it.
    I'm just trying to tell this person just because he can't play the sims, not to let it stress him out too much. It's not good for him. It's not good for anyone. Instead of thinking about negativity, he could be doing something right now that he actually enjoys, something healthy for him. I can assure you I had his best interest at heart. So I would stop trying to accuse me or being rude, belitting or anything else because that wasn't my intent at all.
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited February 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    I think OP was being a little bit offensive for telling us we were selfish if we bought the game :?

Well I think he was saying people who keep buying the games, who've previously had problems with the sims games are selfish. Which even still, that isn't necessarily true. Like I said, some people might buy them because they just enjoy the sims that much and they think it's worth it to take a chance on getting another game that will have even more "bugs". Personally if it was me, I wouldn't keep buying the sims if I was having problems, but that is just because I don't like wasting money. I agree that it may be true that are are some kids out there who probably don't have to pay for their games so they don't care and they just keep getting more and more sims games despite the fact that they dont work right. But what about the people like you? People who are young but don't have your parents buying your games for you. You buy them yourself so I'm sure you won't keep buying the games if they didn't work right. BUT if you did, who cares? That's my point. It doesn't mean you are just selfish and want to be greedy just because you want the game. You might just feel that its worth taking the risk.
    Then I might misunderstood OP's post a little bit. Also I don't care about the bugs, some of them are fun, I care about if i like playing the game. This can easily be misunderstanded so what I am saying is; If the game has bugs that doesn't annoy me and I find the game fun I'll keep buying it. If the game is boring I wont, or have major bugs that makes the game unplayable.
    Well thanks for helping me out saying what OP was talking about :)
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited February 2011
    I get that playing sims altogether is probably difficult and not something people want to do especially if they have been playing for a long time and have came to enjoy the game.

However, it gets to a point where there is nothing you can do. People are always saying their game has bugs, they have to fix it with mods, EA won't help them, EA just ignores them and they have horrible customer service. I don't know about the rest of you but if I was having that many problems and on top of it, I didn't get any help from EA, I don't think it would be THAT difficult for me personally to stop playing sims. I'd say you know what? If EA doesn't want to help me, screw them. I'm not spending another cent on their games. And in this situation, it looks like that's the only option.

There hasn't been one suggestion that anyone has thrown out there that the OP could actually consider helpful. You know why? Because everything that everyone has mentioned, he's already thought about it and came to the conclusion that it's not his computer or anything else, and he is obviously sticking to that. So I feel like saying play a different game is the MOST helpful thing that I could say. It is not meant to be belittling in any way shape or form. Think about it. What else can he do? He can't fix the issue himself, He refuses to believe anything that anyone on the forums suggests might be the problem, EA won't help him, do you have any better solutions other than to quit stressing about it and play a different game? If you do, I'd like to hear it.

I've been reading your posts and I was not sure if I should reply. I'll do now.

gerogiapeach. You haven't been rude with me, or at least I haven't been upset from what you said. :D

This post is a personal and subjective opinion and my feelings of the game. I'm not searching for a solution in this forum, because as some of you said before, only EA can give a solution for my problems with the game.

What's the purpose of this post? I just needed to express how I feel, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe I need to know that there is somebody out there who feels the same.

I can just play another game, that's true, but I love this game and I want EA to fix it. So please, FIX IT!
  • Options
    Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited February 2011

See, that's just the thing. They already said their were not going to be playing any more. Your little, "why post this," comment was just to be rude.
    Ok, well I went back and read the post and saw where he said that he has stopped playing now because he CANT play anymore. I overlooked that, it was an extremely long post. So no, my comment was not "meant" to be rude. I am not a rude person.
    Still, if he is venting about the fact that he cant play his game and that EA is not helping him, it shows that he is not over the issue. He is still letting it bother him. All I am doing is offering some encouraging advice by saying hey! Don't let it get you down! It's not worth it. If there's nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do. Just enjoy playing other games for a while. As I said, after a while if more and more people keep getting these "bugs" then EA will be getting complaints from everyone and they will HAVE to work it out because they will lose a VAST majority of their customers which means they will be broke! You think they are going to let that happen? I doubt it.
    I'm just trying to tell this person just because he can't play the sims, not to let it stress him out too much. It's not good for him. It's not good for anyone. Instead of thinking about negativity, he could be doing something right now that he actually enjoys, something healthy for him. I can assure you I had his best interest at heart. So I would stop trying to accuse me or being rude, belitting or anything else because that wasn't my intent at all.

Then next time say what you mean the first time in this kinder manner instead of having to re-say it three times. Your post sounds nothing like what you first typed. :lol:

Good intentions to not cover bad actions. Or is it the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :lol:
  • Options
    BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    edited February 2011
    I too thankfully am playing a game with no (touch wood!!) glitches, but I also know how very frustrating it is if you can't play due to game play quality from glitches.

It can be very frustrating, this game is more prone to these things because the game is so adaptable with all the different content and EP's/SP's available etc.

I think people forget just how complex it is, it is no wonder that sometimes things go wrong. On this point though it does not mean that a frustrated simmer should not voice his/her opinion, especially of they have spent money on the product.

Customer service and product quality is essential whatever you are buying, and it does no harm for EA to hear about problems.

For those on this post that have 'jumped' on the original poster for this post just because they have had no problems in their own game.... :oops: shame on you! Perhaps one day you will know how it feels and may be looking to vent for yourself at some stage!

Hope anyone experiences glitches gets some quality gaming soon :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really don't know what you are talking about. I said the same thing in my last past as I did in my original, it was the same idea. I never came off aggressive or rude or anything else. I wish I knew what I said that you are referring to as unkind. To the OP if I came off in a rude way, I apologize. I was only looking out for you because I don't think it's worth it to let the game get to you so bad. Also, I never said there was anything against the rules about venting. I just said alot of people on here dont like it so my advice was to try to avoid it. Those were the 2 main points that I was trying to get across. I even said that I was not one of those people attacking him for making a thread about venting! I was merely warning him that a lot of people here WILL get highly ticked off when it comes to this subject. I just don't know what you are talking about. I think you jumped on me for no reason, and now you wanna say that it's because my original posts were rude and didn't sound the same as what I'm saying now, but I honestly don't see that.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    BobbleBean wrote:
    I too thankfully am playing a game with no (touch wood!!) glitches, but I also know how very frustrating it is if you can't play due to game play quality from glitches.

It can be very frustrating, this game is more prone to these things because the game is so adaptable with all the different content and EP's/SP's available etc.

I think people forget just how complex it is, it is no wonder that sometimes things go wrong. On this point though it does not mean that a frustrated simmer should not voice his/her opinion, especially of they have spent money on the product.

Customer service and product quality is essential whatever you are buying, and it does no harm for EA to hear about problems.

For those on this post that have 'jumped' on the original poster for this post just because they have had no problems in their own game.... :oops: shame on you! Perhaps one day you will know how it feels and may be looking to vent for yourself at some stage!

Hope anyone experiences glitches gets some quality gaming soon :)
    I just want to make this clear. I'm assuming you are referring to me so I'd like to say that I never once said that the OP did not have the right to vent or that he shouldn't vent or anything like that. I was looking out for the person for crying out loud, trying to give genuine advice. I was only saying that A LOT of people on these forums get upset about people who always complain about their game. If I was the OP, I'd be upset too if I had problems, and I too might feel like venting about it. However, I would HOPE that there would be someone on the forums to say Look, I know how you feel but don't let it upset you so bad! Just play another game or do another activity that you enjoy, do something positive because it isn't worth it to waste time and energy being negative. If someone said that to me it would probably make me feel a lot better. If anything I'm trying to make this person have a better day! He can go on with his day and quit being so disappointed about the sims! Yet I'm the one getting scrutinized here?

Again, I understand that this person has a right to state their opinions and their concerns about the game, I never said they didn't, I just don't think it's worth it to get so bent out of shape. According to some people, I didn't say it the right way the first time which is apparently why I have to get explaining it in different ways so people can understand.

You must have misunderstood me if you thought I was jumping on this person because I wasn't. In fact I was trying to save him from having other people jump on him, which in this particular thread it doesn't seem as though anyone is doing that which is a huge surprise because usually people go crazy over this stuff! AND to tell him to cheer up and quit stressing over the game! That's all.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:

I've been reading your posts and I was not sure if I should reply. I'll do now.

gerogiapeach. You haven't been rude with me, or at least I haven't been upset from what you said. :D

This post is a personal and subjective opinion and my feelings of the game. I'm not searching for a solution in this forum, because as some of you said before, only EA can give a solution for my problems with the game.

What's the purpose of this post? I just needed to express how I feel, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe I need to know that there is somebody out there who feels the same.

I can just play another game, that's true, but I love this game and I want EA to fix it. So please, FIX IT!

I am very happy that I did not come off as rude. I didn't think that I did, but apparently certain people on this forum just want to pick a fight with me. Gee, I wonder why. :roll:

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with expressing how you feel. Personally I don't know why people get so worked up about people complaining about the game, unless of course they are making multiple threads about it several times a day. But as I've said, I'm not upset with you for that, this is the first time I've seen you post anything at all about this. So unless you go overboard, I'm not going to have a problem with you.

There are just some people on here who will jump down someone's throat at the first post they see about this subject, and I was warning you because my whole point in replying to you was to keep you from being stressed. And naturally, if you start this kind of subject, there's a pretty good chance that some people on here are going to be complaining about it. And I don't know about you but arguing stresses me out A LOT. So I was trying to keep you from getting into an argument, even though I totally understand you are expressing how you feel.

Feel free to express whatever you are feeling. You expressed yourself just fine to me, I got the point of what you were saying. You got the point across to me that you were highly upset about your game situation. I just started thinking that I felt bad that you were so upset over this. I understand you don't WANT to just quit playing the game, I wouldn't either, I'd want EA to fix it. However, noone can force EA to do anything. Once they start losing a significant amount of customers because of this, something will get done, I guarantee. Until then, I encourage you to just not let it bring you down. It's healthy to let out SOME negative energy and express how you feel, just don't let it effect you too much, you know? Try to move forward. :D

Anyway! Gosh! I am done. I think I've gotten my point across. I just can't stand it when I get perceived in the wrong way. People accusing me of being rude or upsetting when I wasn't, really ticks me off, especially when I was trying to be sincere and give you advice. It just shows to show that some people are going to be negative towards me no matter what. I don't know if magic dancer was one of those people who was mad at me in the past for some of my previous threads or what. If not, then I guess it's just a coincidence that she was picking at me. And if she is one of those people, that annoys me even more because I haven't done anything wrong. I have been doing my best to keep people on my good side for the past few days because I'm sick of the drama.
  • Options
    MsMidolUSAMsMidolUSA Posts: 328 Member
    edited February 2011
    I am sorry that you are having so many problems with your game. I have a lot of problems with my game also, but I refuse to give up playing. When the game gets unplayable I go and play 2. My daughter and I both play 3. She has a cheap Wal-mart laptop and plays the game with no problems at all. And her ratings info is really low. I have a top of the line HP and my ratings info is all 4's and 5's. So the problems that people are having are not always the fault of the computer that they are using. And I am sure that even with the problems that I have had when the next EP comes out I will go and buy a copy for my daughter and one for myself. The game is just to much fun to stop playing.
  • Options
    jps0228jps0228 Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2011
    There are probably 5 more EPs to go--plenty of time for these people to experience what you are experiencing. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited February 2011
    The only two problems I have is Bridgeport crashes (I don't really like it anyway so doesn't matter) and it occasionally crashes to desktop. Other than that, the game is playable and fine. And my pc is 12, almost 13, years old.

I agree that there are a load of problems, and honestly it annoys me to read about them. Not because people are complaining, but that THEY can't play the game whereas others can. It's not fair. Why can't EA just test the game til the bugs are sorted? Yes, it means waiting a few more months maybe for the game, but I'm sure that people would appreciate that. Rather than spending their cash only for the game to not work properly, if at all.

And when people say "It's your PC" or "You've downloaded bad CC" or even "There's a mod for that"...now THAT annoys the hell outta me. It's not always the pc. I tried to install Sims 3 on my laptop, but it doesn't have the right graphics card so it wouldn't even install. If the players' pcs aren't up to scratch, it wouldn't even install. And not everyone downloads custom content from other sites. And mods....why should people download a mod to play the game? I also think some ruin the game, there are mods for literally everything! I think they just ruin it, but that's jut my opinion. I don't want to have to use a mod in order to play the game, or even play the game in a certain way. You can do almost anything in the game anyway, so why do you need a mod for it?

Anyway rant over. I can play the game but I think it's unfair that others can't. EA need to sort out the glitches before releasing another EP I think.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow! That is a REALLY long post!!! I don't get why everyone is always complaining. I never have any problems with my game. I don't really see how writing a page long post is going to change anything either. Not trying to be rude, but if it upsets you that badly, you probably SHOULD just play a different game. It's not worth getting all worked up over. Sims is a great game but there are a lot of other great games. If you're having problems and EA is giving you no support, it's better to just play something else instead of stressing.

One of the things that can help relieve stress is to post like this person did. In many ways, it gets it out of one's system, (cathartic)like saying something out loud can make it more real to those listening. The OP was venting and that is simply okay with me. Otherwise that elephant remains unseen in the room, as it were.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I think your title is supposed to read "Enough is enough." :wink:
  • Options
    Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited February 2011

I am very happy that I did not come off as rude. I didn't think that I did, but apparently certain people on this forum just want to pick a fight with me. Gee, I wonder why. :roll:

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with expressing how you feel. Personally I don't know why people get so worked up about people complaining about the game, unless of course they are making multiple threads about it several times a day. But as I've said, I'm not upset with you for that, this is the first time I've seen you post anything at all about this. So unless you go overboard, I'm not going to have a problem with you.

There are just some people on here who will jump down someone's throat at the first post they see about this subject, and I was warning you because my whole point in replying to you was to keep you from being stressed. And naturally, if you start this kind of subject, there's a pretty good chance that some people on here are going to be complaining about it. And I don't know about you but arguing stresses me out A LOT. So I was trying to keep you from getting into an argument, even though I totally understand you are expressing how you feel.

Feel free to express whatever you are feeling. You expressed yourself just fine to me, I got the point of what you were saying. You got the point across to me that you were highly upset about your game situation. I just started thinking that I felt bad that you were so upset over this. I understand you don't WANT to just quit playing the game, I wouldn't either, I'd want EA to fix it. However, noone can force EA to do anything. Once they start losing a significant amount of customers because of this, something will get done, I guarantee. Until then, I encourage you to just not let it bring you down. It's healthy to let out SOME negative energy and express how you feel, just don't let it effect you too much, you know? Try to move forward. :D

Anyway! Gosh! I am done. I think I've gotten my point across. I just can't stand it when I get perceived in the wrong way. People accusing me of being rude or upsetting when I wasn't, really ticks me off, especially when I was trying to be sincere and give you advice. It just shows to show that some people are going to be negative towards me no matter what. I don't know if magic dancer was one of those people who was mad at me in the past for some of my previous threads or what. If not, then I guess it's just a coincidence that she was picking at me. And if she is one of those people, that annoys me even more because I haven't done anything wrong. I have been doing my best to keep people on my good side for the past few days because I'm sick of the drama.

You should feel good they were not offended. It is their post and their view which counts.

I don't know you nor your rep here. I've not been on in a long time. Any drama you feel is in your own mind with me. I called your rudeness as I saw it but as the OP took no offense then I do not any more.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I think your title is supposed to read "Enough is enough." :wink:

As they said at the beginning of the post, English isn't their first language.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2011
    EA need to sort out the glitches before releasing another EP I think.

Agree
    If they do sort things out with LN I just might buy it - if not, hmm I don't know, I have the patches, but just some of the problems. Starting to use a mod was a big and desperad step.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow! That is a REALLY long post!!! I don't get why everyone is always complaining. I never have any problems with my game. I don't really see how writing a page long post is going to change anything either. Not trying to be rude, but if it upsets you that badly, you probably SHOULD just play a different game. It's not worth getting all worked up over. Sims is a great game but there are a lot of other great games. If you're having problems and EA is giving you no support, it's better to just play something else instead of stressing.

One of the things that can help relieve stress is to post like this person did. In many ways, it gets it out of one's system, (cathartic)like saying something out loud can make it more real to those listening. The OP was venting and that is simply okay with me. Otherwise that elephant remains unseen in the room, as it were.
    Yes I know it does and I even said it's ok to vent a little because it releases some stress but I was just letting him know not to let it get him too down. In other words, do your vent thread and then move forward. Which is hopefully what he was planning on doing anyway, but if he wasn't I was just simply letting him know that thats what he should do.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:

Agree
    If they do sort things out with LN I just might buy it - if not, hmm I don't know, I have the patches, but just some of the problems. Starting to use a mod was a big and desperad step.

Sorry, not trying to be rude but what's desperad?
    :oops: oops nevermind, you mean desperate.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:

Agree

Sorry, not trying to be rude but what's desperad?

*desperate
  • Options
    edited February 2011

You should feel good they were not offended. It is their post and their view which counts.

I don't know you nor your rep here. I've not been on in a long time. Any drama you feel is in your own mind with me. I called your rudeness as I saw it but as the OP took no offense then I do not any more.

Great. I don't recall talking to you in the past but there were so many people that use to fight with me, I can't keep track of all of them so I wasn't sure. Some of them are still desperately trying to start something just because they don't like me. Glad to know you are not one of them though! Have a good day and happy simming.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited February 2011
    :mrgreen:
    Halle_M wrote:
    I'm not on a high horse, dear. If there is no help then offering the comments like "play something else" or "I'm not having problems" is even more insulting, it's belittling.

Venting is okay, people. There really are some people who don't want mods to fix a game and there are a lot of people who do see game breaking problems. Belittling their venting is just sad.

Agreed. Stop blaming the victim just because YOU personally haven't experienced problems.

As for the original poster: your post was thoughtful and well-worded, and you truly do have a legitimate complaint; it seems clear that several on this thread didn't bother to read what you wrote before telling you that "there must be something wrong with your computer."

I have had problems as well, and the only thing that worked was to break down and use a mod for the first time EVER. Now my game is playable and enjoyable for the first time in months.

Also, I want to commend you on your English; it is better than that of most native speakers.

:mrgreen: Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    baddazbaddaz Posts: 308 New Member
    edited February 2011
    As I said: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PC: Every month I load a clean image of the operating system + updated drivers + game fully patched. I can play many other games without a problem.

i never mentioned anything about "your" computer. i was speaking in general as i've seen many of these complaints recently.

but as i mentioned sometimes games just don't like certain hardware, with the example i gave my computer had issues with the call of duty game yet all other games where fine.

the reason i say this is that i seem to be able to run this game fine with a just above average computer, i don't understand how I'm able to play fairly bug free and not others.
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited February 2011
    I agree i like playing the sims 3 too whean it works right. but most of the time it dont work right so i have little to no fun playing.