Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ON THE 1ST DAY OF SUMMER A TRUE FRIEND GAVE TO ME...

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited December 2010
    Mystik, I've been needing this: Little Thing and would be so grateful to you for that.

I was looking around my office and decided to replace some light fixtures. This is a matched set of two and they have to go together. One is a desk lamp or it could be used on an endtable or nightstand. The other is a very special convertible lamp which can be used for either wall or ceiling. So, two light fixtures are going out to the sidewalk for a free giveaway unless someone wants to take them both off of my hands now.

• Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited December 2010
    bvrly wrote:
    Just to catch everyone back up I still have a bench or lounge chair that needs to go!
    kransper delivered the slide by swooping low on his sleigh and left it so cluttered we can't even play! Oh please someone help me out of my mess!!

*coughs* his? I know I can't seem to ditch Aberforth there, but really... I thought the massive amounts of pink and purple should count for something...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Perhaps the beard threw her off your true identity.

Even Alexurt referred to you as a male-gendered type the other day. :shock:
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited December 2010
    LOL it takes a lot more than a misgendered pronoun to upset me, I'm pretty easy going for the most part, I was just putting it out there... I finally got my av to update (OMG YAY) I think it was because I updated the about me in my profile, because once it loaded back to my profile my av was fixed
  • Options
    bvrlybvrly Posts: 1,432
    edited December 2010
    *coughs* his? I know I can't seem to ditch Aberforth there, but really... I thought the massive amounts of pink and purple should count for something...

Sorry I was referring to the giving heart that comes from you!
    Also I noticed I forgot to say thank you for the slide, a slap on the wrist for not using my manners. So thank you again and a Merry Christmas to you and yours!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    bvrly wrote:
    ... I was referring to the giving heart that comes from you!
    Also I noticed I forgot to say thank you for the slide, a slap on the wrist for not using my manners. So thank you again and a Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Well really, she is dressed something like a man, at the moment, wouldn't you say? :wink:

Uh, people? What about my set of two light fixtures? :D

Surely, Kransper? Someone? Anyone? Kransper, I know you can hear me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    craziebirdcraziebird Posts: 405 Member
    edited December 2010
    Reachsims wrote:
    bvrly wrote:
    ... I was referring to the giving heart that comes from you!
    Well really, she is dressed something like a man, at the moment, wouldn't you say? :wink:

Uh, people? What about my set of two light fixtures? :D

Surely, Kransper? Someone? Anyone? Kransper, I know you can hear me! :mrgreen:

My sim, Tessandria would be more than happy to take those light fixtures off your hands, if they're still available. She's doing some remodeling and decided that she's got an extra end table, if anyone is interested in it!
  • Options
    craziebirdcraziebird Posts: 405 Member
    edited December 2010
    Reachsims, Thank you so much! As I was looking through the lamps on my wishlist, I decided that those were the top 2 and that if they weren't the ones you were clearing out, I might have to go to the store on my own to get them! Awesome picks!
  • Options
    Gargantua29Gargantua29 Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2010
    You know, I could really use an end table. My hubby has been complaining about the stack of books by the bed - he says they are an accident waiting to happen. A table to put my books on would be lovely.

But oh, these Christmas parties! Every single one of them has food, and I am powerless to resist the wide array of treats. And now, I can't fit into my favorite pair of pants! I'm embarrassed to say I can't get the zipper closed. Is there anyone that could use them?
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited December 2010
    You know, I could really use an end table. My hubby has been complaining about the stack of books by the bed - he says they are an accident waiting to happen. A table to put my books on would be lovely.

But oh, these Christmas parties! Every single one of them has food, and I am powerless to resist the wide array of treats. And now, I can't fit into my favorite pair of pants! I'm embarrassed to say I can't get the zipper closed. Is there anyone that could use them?

Did you say your pants are too small? Please say they are small enough to fit my teen daughter. She is such a tom boy and has run from every dress we try to get her into. She gives her brother and my son a run for their money. Oh, and my youngest daughter just turned seven and I have the cutest toddler sundress up for grab I think there's even some shoes to match. She's my girly girl and since the Dr says I'm having a boy, holding on to this outfit is not an option.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Gargantua29, she love the pants. Says ther reminder her of riding joppers (did I spell it right. Still waiting for some one to take this cute toddler sundress with shoes. Or onesomeone take one and someone else take the other. Our son was just born and don't want hubby to get any ideals. He's a family man and Cheaper by the Dozen is his favorite movie.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And on the 24th of December, this friend of yours is going to snag that outfit of yours (after she's gotten some sleep) and has the time to measure the young'uns for sizes. I think we need something in the toddler range but I can't find my tape measure yet. So unless you have ESP, I'll figure it out in the morning and edit this note with the particulars. Hold on to those shoes for now. I can't use them.

Meanwhile, having had to move my computer to a smaller room with a much larger desk, I have this spare desk on my hands and I hate to see it go. I'd really prefer it goes to someone who will really take good care of it. (It's been in the family for two generations so it's special but when you're downsizing, well, you just have to part with a few treasures.) Anyway, I always think of it as a desk but my children say it's really a table. Who can truly judge some of these antiques? They are beautiful to me but sometimes, well, you don't really know what you ought to call a thing. So, I say it's a desk and they say it's a table. Whatever. I surely hope it will go to a home where old things are appreciated.
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited December 2010
    I would love an antique dining table to use in my renovated home, but during the move I found an end table if any could take it off my hands I have to be out this week, thanks so much!!!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Reachsims wrote:
    And on the 24th of December, this friend of yours is going to snag that outfit of yours (after she's gotten some sleep) and has the time to measure the young'uns for sizes. I think we need something in the toddler range but I can't find my tape measure yet. So unless you have ESP, I'll figure it out in the morning and edit this note with the particulars. Hold on to those shoes for now. I can't use them.
    No problem doing the hide your wish list for charity tonight which started at 10 pacific time. Sure others are doing it too. Will keep checking back. You'll love the dress it was my daughters favorite.
    ps. will hold onto the shoes. Sure someone will have need for them soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    gngrsnp - Well, I finally got those measurements taken. Thanks for the little sundress. Children grow so fast nowadays! Seems like just yesterday... oh never mind my rambling.

Funny thing - we had a power shortage last night but Mr. Cherryberry got things all fixed a lot faster than anticipated and got the power back on before the electric company even got their people out of bed.

I shipped off that antique desk/table to Pamela. Now I'm going to sit for a spell and enjoy a hot cup of something.

So, it looks like you still have a pair of shoes to give away, gngrsnp, and EmpressPamela is offering an end table to some needy soul.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    thank you so very much for delivering the table so early this morning, I've gotten the end table dragged out and cleaned up it looks quite modern considering how long its been crammed in the corner of the garage it may even have something written on it..looks like lennon, I do hope someone is able to come pick it up before I have to be out of this place..the movers will be taking the last of my things this afternoon so please stop by I really can't leave anything behind...

oow785m
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2010
    Do you still have that end table EMPRESSPAMELA I could sure use one to my soon teenage daughter.
    My big daughter is crazy about fashion and makes more cloths than the family can use, she made this teenage outfitt anybody in need of more teenage cloths?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Banky007Banky007 Posts: 3,545 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Oh! I could use one. I was on a plane, you see.. going on holidays and all my luggage got lost.. I arrived at my destination, but my luggage is long gone..

I am planning a party and have accidentally ordered 2 fountains of decadences.. not many people arrived and I don't want it to go to waste.. it's nice chocolate :) anyone want the spare one? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I had planned on ordering my daughter some flowers to go on her table for Christmas dinner but I dropped my cellphone in the toilet and when I went to use the landline (house phone) which hasn't been used in months, I discovered the dog had chewed through the cord. So, now I have two cordless phones and neither of them work. I would love it if you could send my daughter that fountain. Her address is: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=aarcher22

I know I should be grateful for any gifts and I truly am but my ninety-five year old great Aunt Mathilda is famous for choosing the ugliest Christmas sweaters as gifts. She will be leaving soon and the minute she goes, this sweater is right behind her. It is ugly but it's really warm and very well made but I have enough of Aunt Mathilda's sweaters from past Christmases to last me a lifetime. Anyone need a warm (but ugly) Christmas sweater?

• Options
    edited December 2010
    oh thank you so much anettesb! I'm so sorry you had to track down the neighbor to let you in; between moving and the holdiays I just couldn't stay behind any longer, but alas I am so relieved you had a use for it.
    oow785m
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2010
    oh thank you so much anettesb! I'm so sorry you had to track down the neighbor to let you in; between moving and the holdiays I just couldn't stay behind any longer, but alas I am so relieved you had a use for it.

it is well she realy loves it, shes not getting married but she wants every thing to be prety, girly and romantic.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Bluewolfling27Bluewolfling27 Posts: 366
    edited December 2010
    I have no clue what the last item was
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Reachsims wrote:
    I know I should be grateful for any gifts and I truly am but my ninety-five year old great Aunt Mathilda is famous for choosing the ugliest Christmas sweaters as gifts. She will be leaving soon and the minute she goes, this sweater is right behind her. It is ugly but it's really warm and very well made but I have enough of Aunt Mathilda's sweaters from past Christmases to last me a lifetime. Anyone need a warm (but ugly) Christmas sweater?

A Christmas sweater or outfit.
  • Options
    Bluewolfling27Bluewolfling27 Posts: 366
    edited December 2010
    OMG I have a wonderful collection of ugly christmas sweaters and would love to add to it.

I paid to have my hair cut today but decided I wanted to grow it out. Could anyone use a haircut?
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited December 2010
    Edit - LOL Not fast enough again.

I would love to get my hair done! While I am at it I need to pick out a new outfit to go with it. Does anyone want to take one of my older outfits off my hands? Remember hubby has a rule if I get a new outfit I must get rid of an old one. I have some nice ones in great condition!