Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Not Aging/Strange Birthday Glitch!!

Since downloading the latest patch, I have been unable to age any of my toddler or child sims. No matter which family I made active, whether I attempted to throw a birthday party for a sim of a different household, nothing would ever change. They would remain in place, celebrating their birthdays for Simhours on end, eventually stopping or leaving having not changed at all.

Then, after many failed attempts at aging them via the birthday cake and manually through testingcheatsenabled, a child in my active family finally grew up only.. He didn't!

After yet another failed birthday party, I quit and saved the game, only to find my sim stuck in between age groups?

vrd9og.jpg
This is the Sim during gameplay. No matter what his actions are, he remains in this shrunken state. The only time he appears as a teen-Sim is in CAS.

As well as his apperance, his traits, and school status are that of a child's, yet he is a teen?
2dbqipx.png

I currently have no custom content nor I have ever used a mod to effect game play and the only game I have other than the base game is Amibitions. I tried resetting the sim several times, yet still, no fix. I am not too attached too the household, but I do want to know if there is a solution to this aging problem.. :( I can't imagine the children of every household to appear this way after finally aging..

Comments

• Options
    PashtaroPashtaro Posts: 36
    edited December 2010
    Update: After a few days of being in this state, he now refuses to do anything! I can't cancle his actions, nor will he start a new one! Currently on que, he has "Pee Self" and "Pass Out"...Neither of which he will perform!
  • Options
    EmpressSilvaEmpressSilva Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    I'm having the same problem, but at least yours says teen, mine is still stuck as a kid.
    Try using the cheat resetsim <sims full name> and maybe that'll get some kind of reaction out of him
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    After using the resetsim cheat.. He was able to move for a little bit. Afterwards, I tried aging him once more, to a young adult, and he did the aging-up animation: Spinning, followed by an outfit change, but his simology didn't change one bit, nor did the deformation! :( Then he went right back into the same state of being stuck after time passed..
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2010
    Do you have aging turned on, as you can only age up a sim with a birthday cake once if aging is off. It can corrupt the game trying to force another aging after you have had one success. Also when you aged them up the first time was it actually time for them to age up? Had you gotten the notice that it was their birthday the next day, as you usually have to wait for that to age them up or you can corrupt the game. Granted some people have success, but not everyone. Testing cheats also can still corrupt the game as well. Lastly are you sure you have no third party CC, as I do not recognize some of the content in your picture and i have all eps and sps. Have you downloaded any houses with households as you can get bad third party CC when you download households from the exchange, as this really looks like your game has been corrupted. CC does it worse, but repeated forcing age up can do it too, especially if you play with aging off or age them up too often.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Do you have aging turned on, as you can only age up a sim with a birthday cake once if aging is off. It can corrupt the game trying to force another aging after you have had one success. Also when you aged them up the first time was it actually time for them to age up? Had you gotten the notice that it was their birthday the next day, as you usually have to wait for that to age them up or you can corrupt the game. Granted some people have success, but not everyone. Testing cheats also can still corrupt the game as well. Lastly are you sure you have no third party CC, as I do not recognize some of the content in your picture and i have all eps and sps. Have you downloaded any houses with households as you can get bad third party CC when you download households from the exchange, as this really looks like your game has been corrupted. CC does it worse, but repeated forcing age up can do it too, especially if you play with aging off or age them up too often.

I do have aging turned on, but after the first few problems I had with aging up my Sims, I started to ignore the time in which they are suppose to age and simply focused on getting the aging process to work. Originally, when I first noticed the issue, it was around each Sims birthday that I tried to have them blow out the candles on a birthday cake (Children need parties!! :( )

As for CC, I did download this house from the exchange, but at the time I first noticed I was unable to age my Sims, I disabled all CC. I haven't had in enabled since, including when I took the screen shot.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2010
    It has been my experience with bad CC that disabling it does not always disable the bad CC if it gets cloned and townies start using the CC the game begins to recognize it as EA stuff, even removing it has not helped some people - like that Bad doll that was going around - you had to uninstall everything manually and not put back anything into the game that you had before including save games that might have townies with that CC in it. Bad CC though is the CC that affects babies, toddlers, and child age sims and creates this kind of problem. By keep playing with it, it eventually gets cloned and then there's just no normal way to remove it. Even a normal uninstall/reinstall has not gotten rid of some of this kind of CC. You probably should have gotten rid of that house and all your CC the first time this issue came up, as it may well be cloned into the game files and will probably eventually be all over your files. Bad CC is the devil to get out because of the way Sims 3 programming works.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    xninjajjxxninjajjx Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    I have the same exact problem! I haven't played around w/ aging that often since this is on my new computer. What CC did you download/install? Maybe if we compare we can figure out the bad CC, as I don't want to uninstall them all.

I ended up having to ditch the family and restarting a game with the toddlers now set to children, and in Riverview, and not in a CC house. I haven't tired aging them up yet, I'm kind of afraid to now.
  • Options
    XOqwertyXOXOqwertyXO Posts: 24
    edited January 2011
    i have this problem also, my toddler won't age up into a child and has been stuck "celebrating birthday" for a day or two, when i exited the game and went back in it zoomed in on him and then his clothes got bigger but he didnt. other sims cant interact with him and he cant perform any actions either.
    i thought it might be cause id been using testing cheats but i have a CC world so maybe thats gone wrong :/
    its really annyoing because my cd drive is tempermental as well so it will take me for ever to get it uninstall and install all my sims games... plus i was really liking this family XD
  • Options
    8133881338 Posts: 18
    edited January 2011
    Im having the same problem as all u people. But mine is alittle different. When its my characters birthday, he stands there and talks to himslef. I'm trying to make him do something and i had no choice but to set needs to static, because i dident want him to die. I NEED HELP!?!? :cry:
  • Options
    jkmartinez2jkmartinez2 Posts: 2,858 Member
    edited January 2011
    Try deleting all the cache files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Folder.

• Options
    kwizardkwizard Posts: 816 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I had this problem before, but I didn't have any CC.
  • Options
    MeggiieeMeggiiee Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    This happened to mine, and they got stuck between child n teen. it happen to my young adult before but because i couldn't see that they were stuck i just didnt know what to do.
    Basically I just kept reseting the sim when it got stuck on the birthday icon, and ended up making them grow up properly by giving them another birthday, using the birthday cake, they wont skip a generation when they r stuck between as they r still a child, so just birthday cake them. hope this helps x
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:

So you're saying that a sim can only have one birthday cake if you have aging off? I have aging and story progression off and eventually, I'm going to want to age my sims, but since it's multiple households, I'll want to do it myself. Can you please clarify how or if this is even going to work or if my game is going to be corrupted? I'm sorry I'm a little lost and I've already had 2 cities corrupted. Absolutely NO CC and no mods.

THANKS, if you have the time.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    stonerjenn420stonerjenn420 Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:

please help me....did you ever find out hoe to age up the kid?? or am I just stuck with a toddler now :cry::cry:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    has anyone found out how to fix this glitch??? please help me ASAP....
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    has anyone been able to fix this glitch if so how or am I just stuck with my toddler now :cry: also I have other households on supernatural that I haven't had any problem with aging. someone please help asap!!!
  • Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Did you try moving them in and out through edit town?

Seems to reset the sims more drastically.

I really hope this works!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    has anyone been able to fix this glitch if so how or am I just stuck with my toddler now :cry: also I have other households on supernatural that I haven't had any problem with aging. someone please help asap!!!

see this for suggested fixes http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-sim-wont-age-up.html
  • Options
    HunnypoohHunnypooh Posts: 15 Member
    Omg guys. I think I figured out how to fix it. Although I will admit... you WILL need a cheat and mod to pull it off. Nraas Mastercontroller and testingcheatsenabled on. And this probably would be cumbersome if you have to do this repeatedly on multiple sims. For me this bug only happens once in a blue moon and until now it frustrated me so much I would just end up deleting the sim and moving on.

This only works if you do it before the problem sim has tried to age up, otherwise the sim will be too corrupted and will just freeze on the CAS loading screen. For me, the glitch was an instant interruption of aging so I did this:

Save first before trying.
    First use testingcheatsenabled to edit the sim in CAS and age him up that way. Of course when you you confirm and exit, the sim will have the stunted growth glitch.

So then you'll be using mastercontroller through the city hall menu. Select town menu, and then reset everything. This will reset and basically clean literally everything in the town from object to sim... including your bugged out sim. And they will be a normal sim, just older like you wanted. And they should be completely normal, since I was able to open CAS through a dresser/mirror and didnt get stuck.

Hope this helps. This bug plagued me for a while and I could never find a straight solution, so I tried mixing two possible ones and got this.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! It's great that you wanted to post a solution however considering this thread has been inactive since 2013 I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top