Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Options
    mcarchusmcarchus Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2010
    http://flic.kr/p/8UVu3m

As you can see by the photo (circle area) where the two roofs meet there is a problem. I used the angle option to make the roof fit better so this is a better picture of the real problem.

http://flic.kr/p/8UVu4d

Here is a picture sinking into the floor. I clicked for my sim to go to the next room. Each time she sinks into the floor (to the first floor) and then walks up the stairs into the next room. The house is a ranch home with a walkout basement. I used a foundation, put walls inside it, and then removed the foundation, so I could place windows and doors on the back of the home. Here is another picture.

http://flic.kr/p/8UVu4q

Again, I clicked for her to go to the room on the right, she sank into the floor and then walked up the stairs to go the room.

http://flic.kr/p/8USqse

On this one, noticed the can't move there bubble. I had her use the stairs and then clicked in the middle of the room on the right, she sank into the first floor (under the stairs) and then came back up the stairs and then couldn't move to the middle of the room. I then had to use the moveobecjts cheat to move her becuase she wouldn't move from that position.

I also have that dark moodlet problem.
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited November 2010
    Desirai wrote:
    I have been encountering a bug..

I don't like bridgeport so I've been playing sunset valley since installing LN

My sims have issues going to school. The sims get stuck in front of the door. Like 10 or 20 sims just stand in front of the door and stomp and yell.

Eventually they give up..

Maybe I have too many child sims in my neighborhood??

I have that same thing. But according to evil_one awhile ago, it's not a bug. It's supposed to mean your town has too many children for that one school or something like that. you're supposed to either put in another school or just have you kid sim go to school earlier so they can get in on time. that's what I always do. :?
  • Options
    MinikrustyMinikrusty Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I cannot see the words from "late night" just blank clouds
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2010
    I made my own thread on this but will put it here so EA can see it as that thread may get lost. Point being sims your sim is on an outing with who you don't control social drops to nearly rock bottom. That's the reason they leave. This needs fixing. When I switched to the other sim I raised it back to max thanks to testingcheatsenabled true but this shouldn't have to be done when sims have been on an outing. :(

Quote from the thread I just made
    I was playing a male sim and I had him go out on an outing with his female best friend in a club. They danced,ate together and even jammed in a band. By the end of the night she left and said he really knew how to have a good time but I switch households and check her and her social has nearly hit rock bottom. What's up with that? Possibly the reason outings seem to be bugged.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The sinking in the floor bug has been around since the base game. I don't see why this hasn't been fixed. It affects two story houses and above and I saw it happen in one of the high rise apartments and it's also happend in vacation homes in France.
  • Options
    MaireaineMaireaine Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2010
    This occurred after installing Late Night. I have all EPs and SPs, my game is fully patched and I do not have any mods or CC. Sims with the martial arts skill are unable to spar at all. The option does not appear. I have used 'resetSim' and cleared my cache files. I have double checked that the target Sim has the martial arts skill. There is just no option. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The sinking in the floor bug has been around since the base game. I don't see why this hasn't been fixed. It affects two story houses and above and I saw it happen in one of the high rise apartments and it's also happend in vacation homes in France.

I should note that I have LN and the patch. I've haven't had this problem before until now.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    mcarchus wrote:

I should note that I have LN and the patch. I've haven't had this problem before until now.

That's because it's very random and doesn't occur that often. I've had it since the base game. One of the houses in the house bins has this issue a lot. Me and others have reported this bug in the bug threads for the longest and it still isn't fixed.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Maireaine wrote:
    This occurred after installing Late Night. I have all EPs and SPs, my game is fully patched and I do not have any mods or CC. Sims with the martial arts skill are unable to spar at all. The option does not appear. I have used 'resetSim' and cleared my cache files. I have double checked that the target Sim has the martial arts skill. There is just no option. Thanks.

I didn't know about this. I hope it's fixed. I like to watch my sims spar. Also speaking of WA related stuff since installing LN escardo's don't appear on the menu at the resturent in France nor does froglegs anymore.
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited November 2010
    Crincrict? I already posted this in your bug analysis thread for the clock stopping issue, but I thought I'd post it here as well. I discovered a workaround for that issue. Get at me! 8)

What simmers need to do is save and exit to main menu when the clock stops. Of course, going to the main menu automatically prompts about saving the game. They should make sure the game is not paused when they do this (well, at least that's what I did). Then when they go back into their game the clock should a. be at the actual time it was when they saved, and b. progress in time normally from there.

They should definitely still patch the game, but knowing EA they won't do this anytime soon,so this is a good fix until then. I should also note I asked Twallan on the Nrass Industries forums whether or not he knows about a mod anywhere that fixes common bugs like this one.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2010
    Stinalina wrote:
    - I sim moved in to a apartment, but it was a garage with a little garden, pretty cool cause he dont need to use to elevators and other sims will pass by and hang out in the little garden. But im not allowed to change anything out there, whit or with out cheats. So no tub or moving tiles so he can garden. But i can place furnitures... Is this suppose to be like this?

I don't think I understand this. Do you have a picture ?
    Stinalina wrote:
    When my sims trow a party the guests are late and the "invite everyone inside" usually dont show, so they will start leaving before they actually get inside. (this is also from before LN).

For me it was always like this that they just would come in when a party was going on. It was not necessary to invite them in. So the actual problem might be, that they can't get in ?

As for the new Sim in the house, that was probably just a coincidence. Since the game has a preset of names they choose from, it probably just chose the same name.

@marianna88813: I guess, reinstalling is your best bet if you get the same errors with a new game. Follow the instructions from MTS that are linked on the first page. It's your best shot.

@fishbulb: Does your Sim own a car at all (or maybe did at one point) ? Are you using any mods and in what hood are you playing ?

@DietFuzz: I had differences as much as 1 day apart from the beginning. I'll add yours.

@kimjo313: Just to make sure if I understand this right: When you moved the young adult back, your wife did show up again in your family or was your wife in the family the original young adult came from ? (meaning the young adult and the wife got switched ?)

@Nick3890: Do you have ANY cc in your game ? Exchange, Sims, Houses or otherwise ? There is a tool over at MTS called the crash log analyzer. Maybe that can give you a clue what is going on. If you get unknown errors you can post them in the comments over there.

@Jaghar7: First two posts ;) All there what has been reported in a more or less compiled manner. I've added yours that were not on there.

@Desirai: Yes, that a very old one. They get in each others way cause only one at the time can enter the school. Other then with mods, no solution to this. I don't know if it's possible to add a second school.

@AgnusDei: That is on the list.

@mofurs: Try to reset said sim next time. The elevators are just real buggy, I guess.

@xm0n1c4x: From what I read in a mod description for changing that, it seems that they are programed to cook every two hours if a family members hunger drops to a certain point. Maybe the idea was that he just cooks for that person but makes group meals instead. I've added it.

@Terea: The car relationship is a feature that came with the fast lane patch (even if you don't have fast lane). There is a mod that cures that if you don't want it.

@Simmerville: The blank songs issue is on the list. Others have said it goes away after playing for awhile.

@SkewedReality04: Some windows don't seem to be recognized as light source. It's on the list

@mcarchus: Did you try replacing those stairs ? Maybe to somewhere else ? The sims sink in floors can be cause be the moveObjects cheat. Either if you have it on all the time or used it on that sim before. Other have resolved the issue by resetting the Sim.

@playeralyalywekl: Thanks for all your input.

@Minikrusty: In the bubbles ? Remove the old noMosaic and get the new one.

@catloverplayer: Please link your thread so I can add the link to the second post --> Never mind, found and linked it.

Also the frog leg/menu thing should be on there.

@Maireaine: That has been around before. Is it all Sims or just certain sims ?

To everyone with the freezing/invisible Sim/Missing GUI issue, please answer these questions at MTS and read their workaround (yes, I'm sorry but they do involve mods): [Common] Missing Sims and/or User Interface]

For people with the lags and game freezing (not Sims freezing), please contribute here:

[Common]Data collection and analysis: Intermittent Freezes and Lags

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2010
    mcarchus wrote:

That's because it's very random and doesn't occur that often. I've had it since the base game. One of the houses in the house bins has this issue a lot. Me and others have reported this bug in the bug threads for the longest and it still isn't fixed.

Is there a way around this? Like saving and then coming back? What if I demolish the house? Or is this permanent?

Someone stated refreshing the sim... Tried that, didn't work.
  • Options
    Wolf10kFireWolf10kFire Posts: 416 Member
    edited November 2010
    ]
    greentea wrote:
    I'm having problems with butlers/maids. Neither one of them come to work, and if they do, they disappear shortly after and don't clean anything. But they still collect their money, lol. I can't use any of them in my game. Also, I have found that about 50 sims have all gathered behind Waylon's Haunt, they won't leave and if they do, they come right back. I tried resetting them, replacing the building, etc but nothing works.

I'm having this problem too, except all my sims are stood outside The Prosper Lounge. They've been there for (sim) days. I only just noticed this today.
  • Options
    CrystalMushroomCrystalMushroom Posts: 6
    edited November 2010
    hey I got a problem and maybe someone has found a fix for it. Every time I have my sim try to use one of the new objects from late night, they refresh themselves. If I click the shuffle board, they go to it, then Pop up next to it. This happens with the bar, the drums, chello, and everything that has something to do with this expansion. I have no bouncers at the ropes and mixologists won't mix anything, but they walk around the clubs. I need help and I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    jlawson77jlawson77 Posts: 12
    edited November 2010
    I am having So Many Bugs Its Unbelievable.

1. When using the phone to register as self employed, it tell me that my sim is heading to the town hall to sign some papers, but he just stands there. I have to click on the town hall to register.

2. If i get an opartunity and the little bar above the moodlet says click on it to go to ......... i will click on it it will come up on the top bar and go off and i dont move, i have to cancel the whole thing.

3. I am unable to create a simbot

4. I am not getting called to do gigs.

Theres more but i cant think of them at the top of my head.
    I really hope they get fixed soon!
  • Options
    devonni92devonni92 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited November 2010
    This only happens when I'm in my apartment.

I can't zoom in or else there is a bunch of gray that seems to beam out from a focal middle point and makes it so I can't see my screen.
    If I zoom out it goes away.
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited November 2010
    The wish called "Make $X.XXXX from Selling Photographs" cannot be fullfilled." there are 3 of them, 1,000 the 2,5000 and the 5,0000.
    this wish only come out if you join the Photograph self-employed career
    but they cannot be fullfilled, this bug has been around since Ambitions got updated.

Ah! I was beginning to think so. Been trying to satisfy those wishes of my sim for some time now, selling photos directly from inventory, and through consignment store, yet not a single simolean has been accumulated towards these wishes. I was beginning to wonder if there was some proper, authorized way of selling them that I hadn't thought of.

Guess it's just another example of the hubris of Sims developers in recent years. Some aspects are cleverly designed to make conundrums for us to solve. Most often, it's just a bug, though.
  • Options
    Selena14402Selena14402 Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2010
    The children's Doll with clothes crashes my game everytime I try to click on it in Buy mode.
  • Options
    DerianDerian Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2010
    Not sure if this is a bug, but I am frustrated!!!!!

I chose Twinbrooks as my city, I like the whole foggy thing, and the layout etc...

BUT,,, I can't join the film career, because it ISN'T an option. SO, I tried to place a studio in the city, and no matter where I try to put it (and yes I used world editor to place the proper size lot) it wont let me!!! Do i actually have to play bridgeport to have a film career? Please help.. I just want to make this work..

BTW, no matter what ln things I need in my city, it wont lwet me place any of them!!!
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited November 2010
    the vampires not running problem is caused by any mod that changes how the special sims walk (i.e. simbots, mummys etc.) remove those mods and your vampire will be able to run.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited November 2010
    I think I read other people having this problem.

Yesterday (in Sims time) my sims were fine, but after the clock rolled over, all but one sim in the household has stuck needs. Even with testingcheatsenabled on, I can't change their needs up or down.

I've tried everything except deleting them.

I really don't want to because this is my legacy family.

Anyone encounter this and have an idea of how to fix it?

I don't have mods and I already tried removing CC.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    Meeee634Meeee634 Posts: 20
    edited November 2010
    My Late Night won't even start! I installed it and uninstalled it and installed it again, but when I press play in the launcher it says "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)" HELP! I just bought it today and I'm so angry!
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have an addition to the ghost in CAs screen problem: My playable ghosts are completely ghostified when in CAS.

And another ghost problem is that now my mummy curse ghosts are dark brown, almost black with black hair, and I begin to wonder whether this is intended, because it is consistent for 5 different ghosts of various ages and it happens with a completely clean, new and cc free Electronic Arts folder. So, in short: Mummy curse ghosts not grey anymore but dark brown, almost black.
  • Options
    carebear089024carebear089024 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I BELIEVE I MAY HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM:
    The Sims3 Laucher has stopped working --> EA is looking into this problem.
    Do DEP for the Launcher as well. See above.

TRY RIGHT CLICKING THE ICON ON DESKTOP AT THE BOTTOM IT SHOULD HAVE PROPERTIES CLICK THAT THEN IT SHOULD BE A TAB THAT SAYS COMPATIBILITY CLICK THAT TAB IT A BOX THAT SHOULD READ COMPATIBILITY MODE N THE THAT BOX IT SHOULD HAVE "RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR:"

THIS IS WHERE I CHOSE TO RUN MINES IN WINDOWS XP (SERVICE PACK 2) BEFORE THAT I WAS RUNNING IT IN WINDOWS XP (SERVICE PACK 3) OH N I HAVE WINDOWS 7 ON LAPTOP...
  • Options
    carebear089024carebear089024 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I BELIEVE I MAY HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM:
    The Sims3 Laucher has stopped working --> EA is looking into this problem.
    Do DEP for the Launcher as well. See above.

TRY RIGHT CLICKING THE ICON ON DESKTOP AT THE BOTTOM IT SHOULD HAVE PROPERTIES CLICK THAT THEN IT SHOULD BE A TAB THAT SAYS COMPATIBILITY CLICK THAT TAB IT A BOX THAT SHOULD READ COMPATIBILITY MODE N THE THAT BOX IT SHOULD HAVE "RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR:"

THIS IS WHERE I CHOSE TO RUN MINES IN WINDOWS XP (SERVICE PACK 2) BEFORE THAT I WAS RUNNING IT IN WINDOWS XP (SERVICE PACK 3) OH N I HAVE WINDOWS 7 ON LAPTOP...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top