Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Options
    MellanahMellanah Posts: 55 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I didn't see this in the compiled list. Sorry if I missed it. :)

When switching between Sims in a household (double clicking to take you directly to that Sim), the camera sometimes just drops off halfway to that Sim. My family lives over in the celebrity neighborhood. Say one of the Sims is in town, and I click on them to switch back. The camera starts to shift to that Sim, then drops me off about at the river. I click on the Sim again, and it does take me to them, but the camera angle is all messed up. Then other times, it works just fine.

I don't know if this is a bug precisely, but I get the pop-up that says my Sim's carpool will arrive in an hour. After an hour, no carpool arrives. They do have their own car, which may affect that, but they will never choose to go to work by themselves. I have to manually tell them to every time. They've been late several times when I was busy with another Sim. :(

Oh, and every time I restart the game, my vampire's Thirst meter refills. I'd set one to eat before quitting, and when I got back, it gave them the Stuffed moodlet because it had reset. LOL
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited November 2010
    The glitches in this game are getting ridiculous. I've never had this many problems that everyone else is having on any of the other EP's before. I mean I've had some of the same glitches as other users but not all of them. I haven't experienced so many glitches that actually ruin game play for me. EA you need to stop just sitting on your ***** and make a freaking patch already. :evil:
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited November 2010
    wow I can't say b u t t's? really? stupid censoring -rolls eyes-
  • Options
    avy__avy__ Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi,

I have an issue with the Celebrity Status of my Sim. It seems like no matter how many celebrity friends he has or how well in his career, he cannot gain even one star rating. He has 10 celebrity "Good Friends", 2 are 5 star! Still he has none.
  • Options
    babyblixbabyblix Posts: 35 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I created a mother daughter family in the CAS and after playing them for a sim week i changed the daughters name. However now mother and daughter are weirdly merged. I cant see the mothers relationships traits or skills when i click her icon I only see the daughters image etc. They also share moodlets so if the daughter has a shower the mother will suddenly feel clean. its very weird and i have no mods or cc.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2010
    @Mellanah: Are you using any hacks/mods at all ? The camera does seem to have problems with the high rise buildings.

@Lizziguin: The patch will come when it's scheduled (usually a month after the EP) and I'd rather wait a few more weeks and have it tested this time ...

@avy__: You will need to impress a number of Celebrities before you gain the first star, I think.

@babyblix: Very weird.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    NancyNancy Posts: 380 Member
    edited November 2010
    Babies in my game have a dark shade at the side of their heads.
    Looks like a hole.
    It disappears as soon as they age up
    For pics, see this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/283750.page
    Never had this problem until late night & now every baby looks like this
    I have no CC or Mods
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited November 2010
    Cannot be completed second challenge for musicans to perform on 10 parties and venues. Venues are still counting but not parties. I have calculated each party my sim got invited where my Sim performed on guitar a song (used an option "Perform"). But no one party got an account.

More over I did a small test. Before LN with my old Sim I could perform with guitar at the venues and that was counted towards my performing challenge. In LN I got an opportunity with this Sim to perform at bookstore and after this one time the challenge was completed. I didn't saved and reentered my save game. Except going to perform at venue I went on a party where my Sim got invited. I performed there and challenge wasn't completed. I was sure another sims on a party watched performing.

LN Parties should give possibility to complete this challenge without opportunities but looks like it is not the case.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2010
    There is no interaction for a sims to make or take a drink to another sim in her apartment. I have the bartender bar in mine and my sim is at level 8 mixologist. She can't take a drink to her boyfriend who is visiting thou she can buy him one at the bar in a club. I don't know if this is a bug or something that EA just forgot to code. I've been told if your sim throws a party at home there is an option to take a drink to a certain sim.

My reason for this is so my sim can give her boyfriend a mood drink the one that fixes all the low needs or maybe one with a love potion.
  • Options
    avy__avy__ Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    @avy__: You will need to impress a number of Celebrities before you gain the first star, I think.

Yes my Sim impressed about 10-12 different celebrities, and then went on to make friends, good friends, and best friends with nearly all of the celebrities he impressed. Still he has not gained even one star? It seems to me the first star should be simpler than that, plus on my other games I got the first star after impressing only 2 or 3 celebrities.

He is in the film career and many of his celebrity friends are also co-workers...does this make a difference?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No idea. My sim impressed about 4 or 5 others until she got her first star. Do you have any mods in at all (sorry if you stated that already)
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    XZelkovaXXZelkovaX Posts: 49
    edited November 2010
    so whats been going on with EA we're zeroing in on close to a month and no fixing patch yet...or even the announcement of one
  • Options
    Spiderfang2001Spiderfang2001 Posts: 52
    edited November 2010
    @-Avy,

In my early experimentation with Late Night, I found the film career was the fast-track to celebrity status. I created a sim with the Star Quality trait, joined the film career, took the Office Hero reward as soon as I could (it's only 5000 points) and then used the 'Hang with co-workers' option or whatever the equivalent is called for this career. This made me friends with celebrities very quickly and that gave me my first star. Seducing and woohing one of the co-workers gave my celebrity status a big boost too! :D
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited November 2010
    I can t play Late Night.
    Its to jerky and laggy and the clock stops
    No I do not have loads of CC and the main Sims still works perfect.

I hope a patch comes soon.
  • Options
    mgmoore777mgmoore777 Posts: 7
    edited November 2010
    drewd88 wrote:
    I can't get my sims to interact with anyone. Can do just about everythign else but when I click on another sim, nothing. I have no custom content and I reinstalled but still doesn't work.

I am having the same issue, and it's very annoying. I thought I was the only one.
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Not using any mods or 3rd party CC. No mixology class option available at the Steve's Business & Restaurant Complex when you move the building to Sunset Valley. No mixology clasess available anywhere in Sunset Valley at any of the original eating establishments (Bistro & Hogan's diner)
  • Options
    DietFuzzDietFuzz Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I have a mac, running OSX, 2 GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, 2 GHz Intel core 2 duo

I don't know if this is a glitch with Late Night or something else, but it's never happened before.
    My vampire sims had triplets, at some point one of them was suddenly 2 days older than the other ones.
    It was an easy fix, once it got to her birthday I just used testingcheatsenabled to age up her siblings.

Edit: No mods or CC
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hey OP, about the glitch where the time freezes- if you check the thread "Bug Analysis: Time Gets Stuck at 7.59 while Sim life goes on" (you have a link to it on your very first post), gothbunnie said she only had that problem with pre-LN games. This may mean that simmers have to start with a fresh game to avoid this problem. I dunno yet, but I'll test and report back.
  • Options
    xifuxifu Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    Build/ Buy Mode
    - On Banzai Fusion the parking spaces cannot be deleted.
    - Terpsichore Studios has two extra invisible floors above the roof.

I found out why the parking spaces at the Banzai Fusion could not be deleted. The architect hid the Public Room Markers in the elevator shafts. If you use the testingcheatsenabled, buydebug, and restrictbuildbuyinbuilding cheats, you can get rid of them and edit the parking spaces.

The architect for Terpsichore Studios must have forgotten to add the Skip Level Markers to those two invisible upper floors.

Cheers!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2010
    Ok, here is a new one.....I am playing in BB. I have been rotating in and out of different families. When I went back to my large 2 adult 6 kid family, the picture that loads has a 9th person in it. When the family loaded the moms pic was gone and a male from the neighborhood was in her place but she is still listed as living there. The male is a young adult and to my surprise, is the boyfriend of the teenage girl in the family! How did a ninth person get added and why is an adult allowed to be the boyfriend of a very new teenager? I have no cc or patterns I run no mods and I have no exchange items. Add this to the cars glitch( one of the reasons I have been rotating so as to remove them from inventories) the stuttering game play and a couple other bugs and I believe this is going to be on doosey of a patch!!!

kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure if this is due to LN but please read below. I have also posted it to the technical thread for help, but if others are reporting this as a LN issue I just wanted to be included:

I purchased the Over Achiever Island today and it keeps converting to the Real Flat Island. The double-sided cabinets to this set keep converting to the Counter Culture Overhead Cabinet.

Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    nascarbabe75nascarbabe75 Posts: 53 Member
    edited November 2010
    K there is more than 100 pages so I am going to try ask this here maybe is repeated, but I have enabled off in progression and sims keep moving in to the town I need help getting this stopped. Yes it started when I downloaded Late night.
  • Options
    JustBeingMe1331JustBeingMe1331 Posts: 13
    edited November 2010
    Missing Game objects:

Two guitars are missing, even though it shows they are installed. The Dulclnea from the store and the Das Kauker R86 from High-end Loft Stuff no longer appear in the game. Also my Death statue has been gone ever since installing ambitions. How do I get this stuff back?

The Das Kauker R86 are missing from my game too! Seriously fix this. Its the only eletric guitar that the game has without bying one and even the bought ones arent working!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    @DietFuzz: That might be due to the bug that resets ages when toddlers use dresser or mirror. It's on the list.

@xifu: Thanks for the extra info. I have no idea what that actually means (no you don't have to explain) but I've added it. Do you think that could lead to other problems people are seeing ?

@kimjo313: If the pic is gone, how is she still listed as living there ? In the pic in the beginning ? Do you have 9 people in that ? Did you never have any mods or did you just take them out ? Do you have a pic ?

Also could you explain to me what 'on doosey with' means ? I'm unfamiliar with that term :)

@nascarbabe75: Story Progression seems broken again for some since the FL patch (like it was with the unpatched game). It's as if it can't be turned off. I hope they fix it again.

I've added some stuff and I ask to please vent in other threads. I need to read all this and if there are just complaints I really don't feel like doing this. We all have our share of problems and I know how frustrated some of you guys are but there are other places that you can vent as much as you like. EA has NEVER announced a patch other than the ones that come with EPs and it will come when it's done. When they release it prematurely and there are new bugs the people that scream for a patch now are the first ones to complain and say they should have tested it better. Thank you for your corporation.

I will be gone till Sunday my time and won't have the change to update.

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    RebeccaSims93RebeccaSims93 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited November 2010
    :mrgreen: We know you try hard!
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file