Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• xifuxifu Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    People in other forum have said, that a rabbit hole on a lot simply overwrites the lot type. I have no idea what is going on.

That feature may not be working as intended. I noticed when I changed the hospital lot from "Visitors Allowed" to "No Visitors Allowed," no Sims show up. I had my Sim hang around the hospital for a couple of Sim hours. When I switched it to Visitors Allowed, all sorts of Sims started showing up.

Maybe, the rabbit hole only overrides all other lot types and not "Visitors Allowed" and "No Visitors Allowed". So if you put a military rabbit hole on a community lot with the lot type set to "Library", only Sims on the military career path arrive, and Bookworm Sims will not show up. This could be the reason why some Sims don't go to work if the rabbit hole where they work has the community lot type set to "No Visitors Allowed."

I changed all the "No Visitors Allowed" and unassigned lots to "Visitors Allowed." It makes the game more realistic to see Sims hanging around Bridgeport City Hall, Sunset Valley's Diner, and all the other lots.

I'll probably start experimenting with changing all the specific ones like the "Gym," "Pool," and "Library" to "Visitors Allowed." For example, it would be interesting seeing all types of Sims show up at the Gym that are not into working out, or Sims not interested in reading show up at the Library. Sounds like real life. :D
  • PhamserPhamser Posts: 135 New Member
    edited November 2010
    hi, I did a full uninstall and clean reinstall if my game since I tired of my fire fighter glitch and noticed something that might be a good clue on the problem.

when i reinstalled the 1st time, i did each expanstion and stuff pack in order leting the disks do the update but when i started playing the game the glich of no maid and butler not showing up happened and mutiple butlers spawing in my hood.

I realized I forgot to patch each expansions online before installing the next expanstions after the 2nd clean unintall but for some reason after updating the base game 1.17, the WA patch was not detected (giving the update reminder before installing) till I reinstalled and updated my EADM... yet then the HL and Ambitions patch wouldn't show up or detected and the patch number kept stating the basegame patch only even though i played the current expanstion, only Fast lane detected the disbalance and forced the reminder of an update or will not let me play the game.

It just a theory but since the last patch updated 3 games... the Late night, the launcher and EADM might not detected some of the older expanstions and might not had them updated cause the glitches.

just thought this info be helpful.
  • krash1220krash1220 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Sorry if this has been posted already but I did a search and got no results and I can't possibly read through 94 pages of post.

I'm having two problems since installing Late Night. Both problems are in edit town and build mode. When I delete any object with the sledgehammer I get a starbursts on the screen where the object was originally. I tried going back to the main screen and back to edit town and build mode but the only way to get rid of them is to quit the game completely and restart it. The second problem when in build mode is when I click on the make a pool tool, the game exits completely to the desktop. And this is with NO CC in the game at all and the game patched with the latest.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2010
    @xifu: While visitors allowed definitely is responsible for drawing sims to the lot it should have nothing to do with the work issue for that is a different action for them. Funny thing is when I tried to place a laundry lot in SV it would not let me until I set it to laundry (or whatever the type is called). Funny that it would work for the hospital on a dive bar. Only explanation I have that only the new lots have a check for the lot type they are placed on.

@Phamser: Since HELs came out it was always like that that only the newest and the base game would get patched. The rest would stay at the level they were. I have asked the gurus about this multiple times and they always said that was fine and how it was intended. I always patch with a tool from MTS so my games get always updated. I don't know, if it does or does not cause any issues. For the newest patch, all games should be updated simply because of the LAA thing.

I really don't know if it is a problem if not all the EPs are patched but it might be worth adding to the info people should give.

I thought the multiple spawning was due to some mod ?

@krash1220: The pool crashes are an issue since the basement tool was introduced. No worka round other then not to use it. As for the sparkles: Sure you are not using a NoMosiac hack ? I thing that one was also causing that issue.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• whowearewhoweare Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    i am sorry if this has already been posted' i searched and couldn't find it. I've been playing the game for a few days. i went to play to day and my sim and her house etc was gone. it went back to the beginning like I've started the game for the first time.
    sucks because i put allot of effort into it. anyone else having this problem? maybe a fix i hope?

bon
  • pieceofme07pieceofme07 Posts: 348 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I do hope they are fixeing the babe problem!!!!!!

my babys needs are going down to fast pleas EA fix the bugs!!!!

I never had a problem till that stupid updat!!

It tacks for ever to get the babes needs up and it seems to drop as soon as i try and put my sim to bed!!
  • whowearewhoweare Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    you what i do? when i'm done playing i copy and paste ea from the c drive and ea from my dox. then put them in the saved games folder. i just replaced the one from my dox and its back to normal.
    i hate the fact that it messes up all the time so i back it up before i quit.
    just a suggestion.

bon
  • Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited November 2010
    i still cant see strobe lights fish in my big ol fishtank of fog even after removing my nomosiac from my packages folder, lil help?
  • mgmoore777mgmoore777 Posts: 7
    edited November 2010
    I have come across 2 bugs.

1. Whenever my sim is in a room with another sleeping sim, even if she too is sleeping or just standing there, the sleeping sim wakes up saying that she is disturbing them.

2. I also can not interact with any sim.

Any reply would be helpful, thanks!!

I have no mods! I deleted all my cache files.

It was weird, because I was able to interact with a sim once, but only one interaction per sim.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi crinrict,

Just thought I would update that I know there has been issues with the butler, but on the two occasions I have called one, they come and stay for a couple of days, use their bed etc that I allocated, it was fantastic to have them, but....then they suddenly disappear into thin air (literally I watch them when they get out of bed) and their car is no longer out the front. I wonder whether it is because twallans is deleting the cars? I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be at 3am. I did not notice any other problems with them, they were fabulous. I was sure to make friends with them, in case they were leaving due to lack of attention, but no go :( I am still paying the first butler 1200 and still paying the second butler 1200 every week lol, I am also wondering whether they have aged up and possibly reset somehow???? As they are now in civilian clothes and not their uniform in the friends panel.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited November 2010
    I don't think that's a problem with Twallan's Mods. People were reporting that way before everyone started using Overwatch.

@mgmoore777: If you have any outdated mods remove them and delete your cache files.

@Uzi666: All fish or just the new ones ? New ones would be a bug as are the Strobe Lights. Are you talking fog in Twinbrooks ? Did you delete your cache files ?

@whoweare: Are you sure you did start your save game and not a new one ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• mattadler27mattadler27 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited November 2010
    i have some bugs to report on the late night game. one i have three of my sims have mummy stuff and if i save it the sim is gone but hes picture is still up and if i save it again then hes gone forever. my sim is a celebrity and i want to change anything. i want to see a patch that fix this. by the way i have a sim in the house that's not allowed to there. it sometimes slow and the sims have a hard time going to work. that's i have to say about.
  • mrsmdressupmrsmdressup Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm using Twallan's Overwatch mod, which really helps with the time lags, but I am nearly crazy with the slowness of the Sims interactions. I was playing the game tonight and it took 4 sims hours for my sim to snuggle/change diaper/put in crib. The toddler was a little sleepy when my Sim started, and was in full red tired mode by the time he was put in bed. And the walking to the front door to feed/pick up the toddlers is driving me nuts, as well.
  • OctobersBlueSkyOctobersBlueSky Posts: 20 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Okay so i got the Sims3 Late Night when it came out, its 11/16/2010,11:45pm right now, and for some reason the game just disappeared on me, i was actually just playing it no less than 10mins ago, and out of no were it just disappeared, i was back to my desktop. now is this going to keep happening? is this problem have to do with my computer or the game? help please!
  • PhamserPhamser Posts: 135 New Member
    edited November 2010
    true it posible a mod as well, but considering i had none in each trial just thought an unupdated expanstion still came to an idea due to the last patch added more fixes to WA and ambitions.

right now I'm play ambitions till the patch for FL is Downloaded for a manual install agian on my old save and noticed and new clue on fire fighter gltch I didn't noticed before, in the old save ambitions the workdays was monday to sunday in the workday calander... with monday the 1st day of the work week listed in the work thumbnail... when i installed nite life... i recall sunday or saturday was 1st day of the work week now sunday to saturday... did the work schedules order was altered in the nite life? just more things i just noticed that might give me more ideas ofer the fire fighter glitch.
  • SittingDuck119SittingDuck119 Posts: 177 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have a married vampire couple. I have been playing them for about 40 days now. I just noticed that it now says "Fiancee" for my female vampire and "Fiance" for my male vampire when I hover my mouse over the ring icon under their picture in the relationships tab. They are certainly married already so it should be wife and husband, not fiancee and fiance. This is certainly a bug. I remember it used to say wife and husband, but it has been awhile since I checked so I don't know when this happened.
  • SittingDuck119SittingDuck119 Posts: 177 Member
    edited November 2010
    Another bug:
    [IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m483/Peter_Andersen/Screenshot-94.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m483/Peter_Andersen/Screenshot-97.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

My male vampire sleeping with his eyes open. It also happens with my normal sims. Thus far, I have only seen it happen to my male sims and the eyes are only open when they are in the upright position. When they roll on to their sides, their eyes shut.

• SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I have two sims (male and female) living together and although they both have exactly the same traits their relationship won't improve and instead keeps going down. I can improve their relationship by forcing the interactions myself but when they chat while eating, fishing or watching television, their friendship keeps going down instead of up. It's as if they hate each other and I've never had this happen before with sims having the same traits.

I tried pulling up their relationship bar with the cheat and even though they are now best friends and sleep in the same bed, they still keep getting the red negative mood when they are chatting during other activities.

Last night I tried taking them on a group outing and as soon as they got to the park, the male sim picked up his phone to call another female sim and completely ignored the female he was with. I stopped this action, but he just continued to repeat it, even though he had little or no relationship (barely acquaintance level) with the female sim he was calling.

So no matter how hard I try to orchestrate their relationship, it just won't improve on its own - it's like the game is playing against me, determined they are not going to get on with each other.

I'm sorry if this has been reported before but there's no way I can read through all the 94 pages of reported bugs.
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited November 2010
    I play in a CAW called Fort Sim, I have never had story progression on and I surpressed the opportunities in the options tab. My problem, besides having 13 cars in my backpack is that I also have random backpacks that have music instruments in them. The sim does not have any traits or wishes or skills for a music instrument yet they have one in the pack. This must be a glitch. I have no clubs, celebs, or vamps in this town by my CHOICE. I made 18 families over the past year and moved them all into an empty town with progression OFF. EA please stop the countless cars from ending up in my game and the random instruments that my sims did not ask for:) I still love the game, just need to offer better control if player doesn't want progession on.
    edited November 2010
    I play in a CAW called Fort Sim, I have never had story progression on and I surpressed the opportunities in the options tab. My problem, besides having 13 cars in my backpack is that I also have random backpacks that have music instruments in them. The sim does not have any traits or wishes or skills for a music instrument yet they have one in the pack. This must be a glitch. I have no clubs, celebs, or vamps in this town by my CHOICE. I made 18 families over the past year and moved them all into an empty town with progression OFF. EA please stop the countless cars from ending up in my game and the random instruments that my sims did not ask for:) I still love the game, just need to offer better control if player doesn't want progession on.

Did you get Celebs and Vampires with SP off ? Also have you ever seen any of your inactives actually play the instruments ? Did your active Sim autonomously play any instruments ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• TereaTerea Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    1. Traveling from one place to another in town takes waaay too long. My sim gets in a limo, then gets on a subway, waits for a taxi, drives to another subway...ridiculous.

2. Butler and babysitter are very buggy--neither one will take care of babies and children.

3. My Sim had a romantic interest who would say he was coming over then a second later say nevermind something came up. He would do this no matter what day of the week or what time he was invited.

4. Finally got those two married and he's moved in, but he NEVER gets tired. This is pretty cool, because he's handy to have around with a baby in the house, but still he doesn't ever get tired.

5. Some opportunities can't be completed. I know this one has been reported.

6. Prosper is unusable now. There's a gathering of Sims in front of the elevator and you can't go in.

7. Can't get career rewards from city hall.
  • TereaTerea Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    One more -- when I try to edit the town and get rid of multi rabbit holes, businesses/lots from sunset valley and other towns are missing. So I can't replace them.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited November 2010
    Latest bug i am now coming across is i am getting opportunities only to find out when i go to the npc to finish it that the npc is paparazzi and you can never talk to them . Your sim just stands there while they photo you and write a report endlessly until you cancel the opportunity .

Still get the bug where my sim canot move up in the chess rankings as i can never get their opponent to come over. they either say i am at work call in 4 hours etc or call again tomorrow no matter what day of the week it is .
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited November 2010
    Did your active Sim autonomously play any instruments ?

Yes, I have a sim with the green thumb, neat, natural cook, angler and hopeless romantic traits and while fishing must have found a guitar because she started to jam in the garden, having previously never owned or touched a musical instrument before.
    edited November 2010
    Sucom wrote:
    Did your active Sim autonomously play any instruments ?

Yes, I have a sim with the green thumb, neat, natural cook, angler and hopeless romantic traits and while fishing must have found a guitar because she started to jam in the garden, having previously never owned or touched a musical instrument before.

But do you have any idea where it might have come from ? Did you see other sims play ? They do tend to pack instruments that are standing around on lots but if you don't have any, it's really very strange where they are coming from.

@Terea: Start a SV game and just copy the whole lot to the library.

@julienrob2004: ServiceNPCs for Opportunities has been a bug since the base game. One the never bothered to fix. The other one is just another symptom of them canceling all the time when invited over.

AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top