Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ebony & Ivory (A genetics challenge)

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited July 2011
    i know this is a little bit late but can i join in plz :oops:

course you can :) anyone can join anytime they want
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    SO it looks like I have no school Tuesday and Wednesday....I am hoping to dedicate some time to my family. They seem to be aging rather slow though lol

EDIT: I finally posted in the pic thread :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Guys I might have to end the challenge :( or at least give it over to someone else. I really don't have the time anymore to manage it and with my fall semester starting soon you may see less and less of me. I haven't gotten much of a chance to even play with my family. So....who wants to"take over" the challenge?

P.S You can "nominate people" if you'd like

• Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited August 2011
    octojenn wrote:
    Guys I might have to end the challenge :( or at least give it over to someone else. I really don't have the time anymore to manage it and with my fall semester starting soon you may see less and less of me. I haven't gotten much of a chance to even play with my family. So....who wants to"take over" the challenge?

P.S You can "nominate people" if you'd like

Aw :( I totally understand where you're coming from. I don't get much free time anymore either. I hope someone can take over the challenge and keep it going and that you'll be able to stop in from time to time.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited August 2011
    octojenn: Aww I'm sorry to hear that! The first thing that came to mind was how would the person be able to edit the first page with all the generations unless we just end with generation 16. I don't know, those are just my thoughts but I'll wait for everyone else to chime in. As far as voting for someone, I'd say amadazulsim.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'd also vote for amadazulsim. That is if she'd want to take it over. As far as how to update the main page I think we'd need to make a new thread, and link to it in the original post. You know something like Ebony&Ivory part 2 and we could continue on from there???
  • Options
    Clairey900Clairey900 Posts: 939
    edited August 2011
    Aww octojenn I'm so sorry to hear that! I'd vote for amadazulsim aswell if she'd want to do it!
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited August 2011
    I am flattered that you guys voted for me. I think I would be able to take over if needed.
    Jenn I am saddened that you won't be around as much. :cry:
    Do you think we should start over with a new Ebony and Ivory or should we continue from here? I just need some ideas on what you guys would like to do.
    Jenn please say that you will at least come by and lurk whatever we decide.
    ]
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'd also vote for amadazulsim. That is if she'd want to take it over. As far as how to update the main page I think we'd need to make a new thread, and link to it in the original post. You know something like Ebony&Ivory part 2 and we could continue on from there???

Yeah that was I was thinking like "Ebony & Ivory cont." or something but that's totally up to her. Looks like the majority (all 5 of us lol) have spoken. I was gonna say Amada or Sapphire :) Hope to hear from Amada!
    I am flattered that you guys voted for me. I think I would be able to take over if needed.
    Jenn I am saddened that you won't be around as much. :cry:
    Do you think we should start over with a new Ebony and Ivory or should we continue from here? I just need some ideas on what you guys would like to do.
    Jenn please say that you will at least come by and lurk whatever we decide.

Lol of course I will still lurk!!!! I just wont have much time to keep things in order. I kinda like the idea of a new Ebony and Ivory sounds like fun. You mean like starting with the original founders and finding new mates for each gen? If so that totally up to your, you've adopted the challenge now :wink:

EDIT: I would suggest a totally diff set of founders but the same names Ebony and Ivory. Maybe this time Ebony could be a guy and Ivory a woman ;) like a spin off lol
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I would suggest a totally diff set of founders but the same names Ebony and Ivory. Maybe this time Ebony could be a guy and Ivory a woman ;) like a spin off lol

That is such a good idea. I just have one request. I would like you to choose one of your favorite family members that we can post as the first female or male mate. :)

edit Just wanted to know if we want to do cc free?
    I will get started over the weekend.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ]
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Aw! I love the idea of a whole new Ebony & Ivory. :D I love cc free sims but I would still play if we used sims with cc. It'll be fun to start fresh and maybe we could all have one of our fav sims be used? I'm hoping to start playing again on Monday so I'll be around a little more. :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    :D Well it sounds like we're getting off to a good start! I don't mind the CC but I'd still like to find sims who have none or a minimal amount. I like the idea of Ebony being a man and Ivory being a woman too.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    CC is no prob for me. An gosh my fav family member? I dunno I love them all but besides Ebony I really enjoyed Felicia from gen 5 :) I think it would be neat if Ebony was in the challenge somewhere tho. I could even rename her :wink:

EDIT: I do have a small break in between classes like a week so I might play as much as possible but then I have to hit the books pretty hard for my fall semester :( Since we are starting over this is a great time for me to to do my well overdue monthly cc cleaning lol
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Okay we can all pick one of our favorite sims and add them in somewhere. I hope to have everything up by Monday if not sooner. I am getting ready to make a new Ebony and Ivory now. I am doing it on my computer that doesn't have any cc on it. Oh yeah if you don't have a simself already made you should do so. :)
    ]
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Okay we can all pick one of our favorite sims and add them in somewhere. I hope to have everything up by Monday if not sooner. I am getting ready to make a new Ebony and Ivory now. I am doing it on my computer that doesn't have any cc on it. Oh yeah if you don't have a simself already made you should do so. :)

Im uber excited :D and I have a sim self. Should be Jennifer or Jenni Simms in my uploads
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Sounds good. :D

I don't really have a simself so I guess I'll have to make one. I'm horrible at making simselfs though they never look anything like me. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I have to figure out which sim is my favorite since I have quite a few that I like. I also don't have a sim self. My avatar is loosely based off of me though. I hope I don't sound crazy :? but I don't make myself in the game anymore. Would anyone mind if I just use my avatar? I'll just go in and change minor things to set her apart from the one that I use as my avatar.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sapphire: That is fine if you use your avatar. I think most of our simselves somewhat resemble us but not all the way. Each time I do make one it looks different from the one I made before. My children always say that looks like you but it doesn't look like you. lol I think as long as there is something that resembles you in there like your eye color or personality or style that is fine.

Edit
    Just finished the new Ebony and Ivory. I will work on getting the page up over the weekend.
    ]
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    If we're going to start over can we have Becca as a mate? (She's in my studio)
    I'll try and do a simself aswell, I'm not very good at them!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    amadazulsim: Great! I'll just change my avatar a little bit when I get a chance.

Heckstress: Since we have the same first name, I'll just shorten my sim self's name to Dani so we don't get confused. I feel like someone else that has done our challenge has our name too but I can't remember who.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    amadazulsim: Great! I'll just change my avatar a little bit when I get a chance.

Heckstress: Since we have the same first name, I'll just shorten my sim self's name to Dani so we don't get confused. I feel like someone else that has done our challenge has our name too but I can't remember who.

Okay, sounds like a plan. I just made my simself and when I uploaded her I remembered that we had the same name. I'm glad you thought of that. :)

Clairey- I like Becca a lot. :XD:

Oh, can someone do me a favor? I just remade my simself and I couldn't find a EA hair that looked like mine, so I uploaded her with a cc hairstyle. I don't think it'll transfer, but can someone downloaded her and make sure it doesn't? If it does I'll just re-upload her with an EA hair later on.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Amadazulsim- I think Ivory is so pretty!!!! Can't wait to see how she and Ebony's kids turn out. Dont forget to post a link to the new challenge I will post the link on the main page :)
  • Options
    LuvDyrdekLuvDyrdek Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2011
    oh jeez, i missed alot! i was at an all day concert yesterday, and quite a bit went down here, lol.
    starting over sounds like a good plan, i had to delete my old save file with the new patch because they were glitching terribly. -__- i had managed to save the family, but now the family tree was lost as well as the rest of the generations before.
    im sad to hear you wont be around as much octojenn )= its also good to see you heckstress (=
    i like the new ebony and ivory too amadazul!

my simself is my avatar btw.. if it's better, ill reupload her without any CC and as a young adult. (:

oh and heckstress, no cc comes with your simself. (:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Clairey: I would love to have Becca as well!

Heckstress: I think I have that same hairstyle but I'll download her and see what happens.

amadazulsim: Ebony and Ivory look great!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I love Ebony and Ivory! They look great(:
    <---- This is my simself...she's in my studio, everything is the EA base game but the hair!