Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ebony & Ivory (A genetics challenge)

Comments

• SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited May 2011
    ocotjenn: How many generations would you like to do?
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited May 2011
    ocotjenn: How many generations would you like to do?

lol oh I don't have a limit....last time we did a genetics challenge I think we made it to gen 15 before the forums deleted them all. It's more of a on going thing I guess :)
    edited May 2011
    octojenn: Oh ok lol. I was just wondering because I found some more sims. Maybe some of the women that weren't voted for generation 11 could be use in later on.

The majority of the sims I found have cc so I'm just going to stick with these for now..

These are by Rhett9..I downloaded a sim from this person and it had cc skin that I just noticed today. I don't think it showed up in the launcher. I’m not sure if these sims have the same cc skin.

Linus
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4016843

Ken
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4016839
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2011
    SapphireDCM- oh i like them both...so torn! I would vote Linus since he has red hair. We havent had red hair since Felicia

EDIT: Since there is a tie between Skylar and Kairi... I'll just put Kairi up then use Skylar for the next gen.
  • MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Man, I got to hurry up with my generations so I can play with all these attractive sims! At the rate I'm going, EA will have put out Sims 4 by the time I get to generation 15, lol!
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited May 2011
    MaulRat17 wrote:
    Man, I got to hurry up with my generations so I can play with all these attractive sims! At the rate I'm going, EA will have put out Sims 4 by the time I get to generation 15, lol!

LOL! :lol: :XD:
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited May 2011
    MaulRat17 wrote:

Lol change your lifespan woman! 8)
    edited May 2011
    Lol @ MaulRat. You'll make it!!
    edited May 2011
    octojenn wrote:
    MaulRat17 wrote:

Lol change your lifespan woman! 8)

Haha I know right? :lol: I think I'm going to when I play next.
    edited May 2011
    edited May 2011
    I really like his eye color :)
    edited May 2011
    Me too!
  • LuvDyrdekLuvDyrdek Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2011
    MaulRat17 wrote:
    lol, i cant wait until summer so i can play alll day everydayy hahaa. (;

ohhh, i really like Linus and Ken.. hmmm.. im going to vote for Linus because i just love that hair(:
    edited May 2011
    So it looks like these three are on the chopping block for gen 12 mates lol

Ken
    headshot_large.jpg

Linus
    headshot_large.jpg

Gavin
    headshot_large.jpg

Linus has two votes right now.....
    edited May 2011
    I like Linus, he has my vote. I agree with LuvDyrdek, I love his hair. :-)
    edited May 2011
    Linus has 3 votes now! I think he might win this one
    edited May 2011

Linus has 4 votes now! :)

Btw, I already mentioned this on Heckstress's challenge thread but I had a couple of requests to upload the house that I'm using for this challenge and Heckstress's genetic challenge. I finally did it last night and it's available if you guys are interested. It comes with the household that I'm currently playing but you can just move them out and put in your heirs if you like. It was made for both Octojenn's and Heckstress's challenges in mind. Here's the link to it: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4077821

I'm trying to include everything a double challenge generation house needs. However, I'm really struggling with the outside of the house so if anyone with an eye for exterior design could give me some tips or help, it would be so awesome.
    edited May 2011
    Yay!!! I'm so happy you uploaded the house MaulRat! I'm gonna download and check it out right now, I'm so excited. :mrgreen:

Also I found another lovely sim to nominate for a mate positon... I know we have plenty to choose from but here's another lol

Princess Tiana by blacksheba1973 I think she's super pretty
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3394371
    headshot_large.jpg

Edit: MaulRat- I downloaded the house and I love it! Seriously you did a great job, it must've taken you forever to plan it out. It's a great house for these challenges, my fav part is where you put the hot tub, so creative. I love the attention to detail. Also where and how did you make the skull heads that are in the basment? I do have some bad news though. :( I was playing with your family and my game crashed. So I loaded back up the game thinking it was just a fluke thing but it happened again. I'm not sure why but I'm thinking it may be because I don't have WA. I don't really know why but I'm disappointed. I did find out the the house uploaded with a bunch of CC. There was Ivy's hair, makeup, patterns and a window. It's no big deal and I'm not complaining (I'm keeping Ivy's hair and some of the lipstick, love them lol) I just thought you'd want to know. Anyway's great job, love the house! :D
    edited May 2011
    Heckstress- She is very pretty...I get a kick out of that particular facial expression that Tiana is making. It's hilarious

EDIT: Just realized your avi is making the same expression lol
    edited May 2011
    I like Princess Tiana. I need to look through blacksheba's studio to see what other sims she's made.

Does anyone know how I can take the cc off of my game? I have about 3 things that I know of that I can't delete because it's not showing up in the launcher. I did see that there is an item that I can check to run the game without the cc but I want to delete it all together since I wasn't sure if that was having an impact on my glitched neighborhood last week.
    edited May 2011
    Heckstress: Oh no! That's really bad news. :oops: I purposely went through and removed all the CC. I even changed Ivy's hair and make-up. Drat. I'm taking down the house and I'll go through it again and clean it up. That shouldn't have happened, so I wonder why it did that. :( I wonder if I uploaded the wrong house or something? Sorry that it made you crash, man, this is why I don't usually work with CC. Drat again!

BTW: I love Princess Tiana! She's very pretty.
    edited May 2011
    MaulRat17 wrote:
    Heckstress: Oh no! That's really bad news. :oops: I purposely went through and removed all the CC. I even changed Ivy's hair and make-up. Drat. I'm taking down the house and I'll go through it again and clean it up. That shouldn't have happened, so I wonder why it did that. :( I wonder if I uploaded the wrong house or something? Sorry that it made you crash, man, this is why I don't usually work with CC. Drat again!

BTW: I love Princess Tiana! She's very pretty.

Aw, I don't want you to be upset. :oops: I don't think it was the CC that made it crash, I really think me not having WA was the problem. All the WA objects were replaced but I think my game may have had a hard time removing/replacing everything. Ivy in game wasn't wearing her hair, it was in CAS that I saw it. Along with the makeup and a pearl necklace I think...? Even if you upload a creation without any CC certain CC has a way of latching on and packaging itself in. I don't know why, or what kinds tend to latch on more I just know it does. It sucks, If someone uploads a creation without CC it should come without CC. I hate that it hides. Anyway's I'm really sorry, I feel horrible, I didn't want to tell you but I thought you would want to know since you intended for it to be uploaded without CC. It's a great house and I'm really lookings forward to playing with it. Oh and I can't help with the exterior design. I need help in that department to, interior design is more my thing.
    edited May 2011
    I like Princess Tiana. I need to look through blacksheba's studio to see what other sims she's made.

Does anyone know how I can take the cc off of my game? I have about 3 things that I know of that I can't delete because it's not showing up in the launcher. I did see that there is an item that I can check to run the game without the cc but I want to delete it all together since I wasn't sure if that was having an impact on my glitched neighborhood last week.

I do know that if you "run game without cc" it also runs it without your store items. So I doubt you'd want to do that. If the stuff you can't find in your launcher shows up with a file icon in the bottom right when in game(in CAS or buy mode) then it's in package form. If that's the case you should be able to go to Documents/EA/TheSims3/Mods and find it in there and delete it(I don't know what the file names would be so you'd have to wing it :? ). Since you don't use CC I don't think there would be anything in that file that you couldn't delete. I think this should work but I'm not sure. If it doesn't have a file icon but it has the flower looking icon then it should be in the launcher. If it's not then I have no idea.

I always delete the sims I download for the challenge. I go into CAS, strip them of their CC, and save them to my bin, then I delete them from my launcher along with their CC. So far that's worked for me and I haven't had any lingering CC. I'm just waiting for the one piece of hidden CC that ruins my game though. I use a very small amount of CC and all of it goes into my mods folders, I find that the CC that stays in my launcher always causes problems. So my launcher is "clean" I guess you could say. Anyway's I hope you find the hidden CC and your neighborhood doesn't glitch again. If you go to the General Discussion I'm sure someone there could help you more than I can. Let me know how it goes. :-)
    edited May 2011
    Aww Heck, now don't you feel horrible for anything. I'm really glad you told me because if I say something is CC free, I want it to be. I've dabbled into the world of CC but some things still surprise me. Like anything that attaches itself to files like you said. I'm going to get some help clearing that stuff out tonight. It's really too bad because a lot of CC stuff out there is really nice, but it's not worth the headache that it gives me. Sadness!

Although, with the way EA is developing their clothes and hair now (I splurged and got the new Everyday Casual Chic set :oops: I usually NEVER buy anything at full price for myself, but I just couldn't help it! ) I may never have to get CC again.

Well, I'm off to do some research! Maybe if I get everything cleaned out early, I will get some actual play time in tonight.
    edited May 2011
    :oops: I am a bit of cc junkie but I only use zip files and the stuff I get from the store. I don't mess with simspack files. Those are the worst because they seem to disappear. I always do a monthly cleaning though :) so far so good. *knock on wood*