Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of tutorials or how do I do that?

Comments

• Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited September 2012
    Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to make the curved cottage roof? They are so beautiful and I am hoping there are instructions somewhere so I could give it a try.

Thank you,
    Warm regards,
    PattyCo
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited September 2012
    Just a little bump in case someone knows the answer to the question above.
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2012
    Curved cottage roof? Is that not the pagoda roof with the curve slider moved to the far extreme? Or am I not understanding the question?
  • Options
    Bl0ndeyBl0ndey Posts: 69 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Check out my new cool sim =) Aela the huntress (skyrim) and...tadadada..a tutorial how to build the perfect closed porch...enjoy

perfect porch tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX87FRbTIHk&feature=plcp

Aela: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6444297
    dbpnk5.png

152dvtu.png

99hs9u.png

chyk4.png

x4j7f9.png

• Options
    fubbashfubbash Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I've been wondering for years now, how on earth can I put in my own screenshots of the houses I upload? I Can't find much info on this anywhere.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You mean swap all the shots in the upload? I have no idea... I know how to do the first shot but thats it... anyone?
  • Options
    sims3rules333sims3rules333 Posts: 16
    edited September 2012
    All of these are amazing! I love them all and they've all inspired me! I'd love to post pics of mine but without half the worlds I don't think they're good enough :( It sucks. But WELL DONE TO ALL YOU EPIC SIMMERS!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jkp893Jkp893 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Bookmarked thanks! :)
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2012
    Using the Processor and Other Advanced Fog Emitter Techniques

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymAn-fYZiPE
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I watched this yesterday..... my the decontanimation area looked great!!
    Added SimEve....... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2012
    Lol! Thanks Smoky :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    AlbertaRose0868AlbertaRose0868 Posts: 251 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Just curious, not sure if it's me or not,,,

The link for How to build a House on Slope by 3Trees works,,I do have sound and can read the text,,but there are no pics.

I do have Flash player installed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey Smoky,

I don't know why I didn't do this sooner(I must be going crazy). Anyways I have a tutorial on how to make tattoo's for TS3. You can find it here. I would love it if you could put it up there. :D

-MV
    Someone's Lil' Monster
  • Options
    timnbarb5timnbarb5 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Dx can any one tell me how to get my uploded sims have a back ground and not have just a white thingymicgig :oops: help would be appreciated
  • Options
    AlbertaRose0868AlbertaRose0868 Posts: 251 New Member
    edited October 2012
    fubbash wrote:
    I've been wondering for years now, how on earth can I put in my own screenshots of the houses I upload? I Can't find much info on this anywhere.

I'm assuming you mean to change the images in the sims3pack before uploading it. If so, you need the upload image changer (uic), you can find it here:

http://www.zindasgoldensims.com/

Zinda also has a thread here in the forums: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/100449.page

It's extremely easy to use.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited November 2012
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    rstephens0502rstephens0502 Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    So helpful! Thanks ^^
  • Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited November 2012
    I must be the dumbest person alive because I cannot figure out how to do what seems to be such a simple thing. I'm trying to make a waterfall. Watched a bunch of tutorials for using the fog emitter and thought- hey! that looks pretty easy, I bet I could do that. So I place my boulders and rocks, go get the fog emitter, but I can't put it on the rock. I will only let me place it on the ground. How do I pick it up to place on top of things?? I had MOO on because I melded a bunch of rocks together and I tried to turn it off, but then it wouldn't let me move the emitter at all. Can someone help please? How do you place objects on top of one another? Like also if I want to take something and put it on a table where it wouldn't normally be able to go?

I'm sorry if this is some really basic thing, but I never build and I'm trying to do some new things.

Edit- Well, nevermind. I watched the tutorials again and see that you are supposed to raise the ground up. *facepalm* Now I have them placed and set to waterfall effect, but when I go into live mode it doesn't appear to do anything. *shrug* I'll keep working on it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SELIMS123SELIMS123 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2012

Say Kim, I need your help: I want to know how to load lot pics to forum posts from the photobucket... tried over and over again: somehow I fail to get it to work....
    uploading pics from studio media reveals a weird black frame; that is why I tried the photobucket thing... How am I to deal with this thing?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited November 2012
    SELIMS123 wrote:

Say Kim, I need your help: I want to know how to load lot pics to forum posts from the photobucket... tried over and over again: somehow I fail to get it to work....
    uploading pics from studio media reveals a weird black frame; that is why I tried the photobucket thing... How am I to deal with this thing?

Hey Selims,

I know this question wasn't directed to me, but I have the answer. Obviously you need to upload the picture to Photobucket. Then when you open up an image in Photbucket on the side there are four links, "Email & IM", "Direct Link", "HTML Code", and "IMG Code". If you copy the link that is in IMG code and put it in to a forum post it should appear. :D I hope that was what you were inquiring about.

-MV
    Someone's Lil' Monste
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just to clarify... the tutorials I list are 99% building tutorials, not sims, not presentation not anything but building.
    Ok I have the 'how to change the photo - http://www.zindasgoldensims.com/ ' programme up and that can be used for sims, presentations etc, but.... mostly building. And prob a few other bits and bobs....
    Presentaion is probably Fidler's showcasing thread and I am pretty sure somewhere in the modelling thread there is a simmie thing...
    CAW stuff belongs in the world thread....

:D
  • Options
    Makinmagic2PMakinmagic2P Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2012
    One question, since the sims 3 is a "Next-gen" videogame, is possible to add normal maps to objects like lamps and stereos?.

I know normal maps works only on clothes.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Makinmagic, I have absolutely no idea what you are asking. Is it a building question? If not I think, maybe you need to ask this somewhere else.
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited December 2012
    SmokyTopaz,

Would you be willing to add the link to the Master Thread for ZooProfessor's Beginning Builder's University (Zoo U) to your list of building tutorials? The Master Thread has links to each Zoo U course. The courses were originally "live" but now function as self-paced online tutorials. New courses are still being added but if you put in the Master Thread link, it will be updated to contain any new courses.

So far there is a Farm Building course, a Using CFE course, a Roofing 101 course, a Tomb Building course, a Building a Modern House from an Image course, and a Using the Fog Emitter course. These courses are taught by various people, many of them an expert in the area (SimEve for Fog Emitters, ruthless_kk for roofing, etc.)

The Zoo U Master Thread Link:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/559434.page#8979034

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Great Job Smoky! These are really helpful and it is great to see them all in one place. :D

how do people get pictures under their posts?? i think its called a signature? (even though its usually a picture)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top