Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of tutorials or how do I do that?

Comments

• stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited December 2012
    er, really sorry if this is the wrong place to put this! But I notice no one is posting individual threads in the Creative Corner sub-forum such as "hey how do I do X"...

Oh and btw. The screenshot tutorial listed in the first post, isn't working for me. The arrow buttons act like they're just jpegs of a button, instead of anything with functionality attached. Anyway. :D I'm wanting to take screenshots with my own paint program, not the ingame camera, since (I'm assuming) that using the ingame camera would merely clog the game with memory-hogging unnecessary files and save those images in multiple places. (If that's not true, please correct my assumption!)

What I need to know, is how to get rid of the ingame sim panel at the bottom of the screen, and more importantly, how to bring it back again without having to force-close the game.

TIA and again, apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place -- eventually I will have a very lot-specific question and figured screenshots would help... I did a google search before asking here, but apparently used the wrong search terms because not finding the answer.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited December 2012
    aha found this answer to my question. Here is a FAQ which my computer was able to read:

http://simsrelations.forumotion.com/t215-everything-about-screenshots-faq-by-gouka

So after getting rid of the Sim Panel, I just hit any key to take a screen capture with my paint program, which automagically pops up my paint program again.
  • peekaboo1956cdjhpeekaboo1956cdjh Posts: 5 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I have recently downloaded a lot from Exchange that the player had used the "Graham's" digital picture frames and inserted their own pictures. They had also inserted their personal family picture in the "The "Natural" Family Portrait". I would like to know how this was done.

I have checked this thread for this tutorial and have not found anything to help. If I have missed something please let me know.

This is really a great idea and I have used many of the tutorials listed on this thread. Thanks for putting this together.

I have tried to contact the player that posted the lot on Exchange but I have not heard back from them as of yet. It is really hard to tell if the player is still active in the game or on the Sims 3 site. I'm not even sure if this thread is still being monitored.
  • SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    Happy New Year!

ZooProf....... done :):)

Stickykisses..... just hit the tab button

Peekaboo - thats an in-game feature, part of gameplay.

• JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited January 2013
    peekaboo1956cdjh, I assume the initial photograph was taken either with the camera (and photography skill courtesy of World Adventures EP) or the photobooth (courtesy of Showtime EP). Then they inserted the photographs into the digital frame?
  • peekaboo1956cdjhpeekaboo1956cdjh Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you, both of you. I had continued to look for help and with some clues figured out how it was done. Now I would like to know if it is possible to replace these Sims taken pictures with my own pictures and the place them in the digital frames? Where do I get game play help. I will keep looking. I haven't seen a game play forum yet. But it is possible that I have just missed it.

Thanks again.
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Happy New Year!

ZooProf....... done :):)

Stickykisses..... just hit the tab button

Peekaboo - thats an in-game feature, part of gameplay.

THANK YOU! And thank you for this thread, it is a great service to the community.

I just found a thread that blew me away and opened up a whole world of possibilites for in-game photography. Joolster made it and you will find it here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/631732.page
    oow785m
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    DOH! I stupidly gave you the WRONG link for the Zoo U Master Thread. :oops: :oops: :oops:

SO sorry! Here is the correct link and I'm sorry to put you to the trouble of changing it. This getting old ain't for sissies, I tell you! :roll:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499348.page
    oow785m
    edited January 2013
    Tell me about it Zoo........ added a new category - I know it isn't building but its really informative a a great thread....

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/631732.page

and I changed your link. :D
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited March 2013
    What is the easiest way to post pictures on the forums? I don't want to use photobucket. I also do not want to link my picture.
  • CatherynBlueCatherynBlue Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited April 2013
    candy8 wrote:
    What is the easiest way to post pictures on the forums? I don't want to use photobucket. I also do not want to link my picture.

When you take a screenshot in game by pressing 'C' or the screenshot button on the screen, the screenshot is saved to the launcher. Open the launcher, and upload the screenshot/s. Then go to your studio, click on the media tab, then click on the screenshot you want to post. This will make a the screenshot to pop up on your screen, click on it, and it will open another tab with the screenshot. Copy the link of this tab, then go to the forum you wish to post the screenshot on. Type it like this: [ img] ~link goes here [/ img] Just no spaces at all. Click submit after typing whatever else you want, and there you go! :)
    edited April 2013
    Ta Cathryn........ :)
  • sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited April 2013
    I want to build stairs wrapping around the sides of an elevator like in Big Bang Theory.

cdn.tvlia.com.files.2010.05.322elevador.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg

Here is it what I have so far, using the constrainfloorelevation cheat to make half walls:

Screenshot-4_zpsa21ce657.jpg

Is it not possible build another half wall on top a half wall to make a full sized wall? When I place another wall on top of my half-wall, it's not letting me level it to size. I thought I would just be able to keep adding half walls until I got to building height I wanted. (I need to build up to the 2 apartments on the 4th floor. And then I also wanted to do the roof where Howard & Bernadette got married.)

Any advice? Alternative methods?
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi sunsetsorbet.

Yes, you can build half walls on top of one another, but each one will count as one level, which means you'll only be able to use five of them, and it will also potentially create problems for your elevators (but you'd have to check this).

Instead, I would probably make one level of two different heights - sloped tiles would connect them, but these would be concealed by one of your sets of stairs. You'd definitely need to leave an empty row of tiles on each of the three hidden sides of the elevator if you do this, in order to accommodate the transition between different heights.

Here's what I came up with for my two sets of stairs per level idea. Sims will choose the stairs over the elevator, but the elevator does work correctly (I deleted the stairs to check). In the third picture, I've coloured the first level green and the second level yellow so you can see what I've done. You wouldn't have to put the stairs exactly where I have.

Screenshot-2-1.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-3-1.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-4.jpg"width=500"

Post edited by Unknown User on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited April 2013
    That's a tricky one because, obviously, one floor height in BBT is not the same as in sims since they have stairs on 3 sides. Yours looks pretty good but move the stairs and elevator one tile forward and then put a 1x2 tile room behind the elevator. Then everything should be able to be leveled.

Here are a few pictures. Of course, the stairs aren't even with the elevator front, if you want the back of the stairs just 2 tiles wide. If you want the stairs even with the elevator, draw the back tiles out one tile each.

Back 2 tiles wide:
    Screenshot-85_zps972696a6.jpg
    Screenshot-86_zps08356785.jpg

Stairs even with Elevator:
    Screenshot-87_zps69394c5d.jpg
    Screenshot-88_zps829b4ff2.jpg
  • Smash_box29Smash_box29 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited April 2013
    I am trying to to create a house using a floor plan I like and it has a wrapped porch and octagon bedrooms. When making angled sides with foundation it stops me from connecting the corners.

How do I properly excute this project? is there a porch/angled sides tutorial somewhere?

http://www.houseplans.com/plan/1270-square-feet-2-bedrooms-2-bathroom-cottage-house-plans-0-garage-23513

^^^^^ Link to floor plan.
    edited April 2013
    You can use diagonal foundation to fill the spaces. You can't make it round but a series of straight lines... the diagonals will work in the empty bits. I think the choice is the one under the normal foundation.... or is that not what you mean?

ps nice plan........
    edited May 2013
    Hiya Hill.............. ty!!
  • xixeatxcrayonsxxixeatxcrayonsx Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2013
    Okay the issue i'm having is trying to connecting regular height walls to half walls

everytime I try to connecting them it warps the regular wall. Ive looked all over the internet and I can't find anything its so frustrating and stops me from building b/c I get annoyed with it. I took a screenshot of the walls i'm trying to connect b/c I can't explain it too much lol

2vvvu4l.jpg
  • HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone! I'm interested in creating my own comic store/nerd hangout and I was wondering, how do I accomplish the ability to buy comics? I don't want to pull the comic store from the college but I didn't know if I just needed to place random bookshelved and a counter with a register?? I can't remember if we have bookshelves for comics in the community lot misc section under the build mode.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

edited May 2013
    Hi xixeatxcrayonsx - basically you can't add a wall to the half wall because the game sees it as a fence, I hope that is what you meant. You will have to employ cfe to do this so look in those tutorials...
    Sorry Happy, can't help there.... maybe someone else can.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Smoky Topaz. Great thread you have here :-)

I'm starting a series of CFE tutorials in this thread. I just added one on split level stairs.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Greencats........ any help on cfe is gratefully received, it can be quite mind bending! Got it added. :mrgreen:

I noticed when I was adding GreenCats link there are a lot of three letters by themselves... ded .... I think the formatting might have slipped (sigh) it does not mean they are dead it means nada... so one day I will go and sort it. The links I tested (not all!) by just clicking on them worked fine.
  • thrashthemicthrashthemic Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    I know how to put a song in custom music that's downloaded from your comp into the game,but how do you put a song from custom music into your movie on the community movie maker? Have had alot of trouble with this Thnx in advance for the help!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top