April 19 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
April 11 - Outdoor fun for a Stuff Pack? Take a look at our giveaway!

List of tutorials or how do I do that?

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• WayfaringButterflyWayfaringButterfly Posts: 7 New Member
    Thank you guys! Apparently I hadn't made it deep enough. I had followed the advice to lower it by two sets of stairs, but I guess that wasn't low enough. It's all good now! I really wish Sims would come up with L shaped, U shaped and T shaped stairs and basements/foundations that worked better with stairs. I probably should get Sims 4 but I really like 3 lol
  • Nel0Nel0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you so much, these are really helpful.
  • darkunicorn815darkunicorn815 Posts: 2 New Member
    Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not but im working on building a world and I want to build my equestrian center from scratch and I was just wondering if I did that if it would still be use able to breed sell and to the competitions and things is I just set the let type to equestrian center or do I need a mod or some special way of doing that?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 19,344 Member
    So I am trying to build my parent's house from the ground up...made a basement using the foundation as some had suggested that would be easier than trying to make stairs go through a foundation. I definitely wanted the foundation, though, for looks since their house has a stone foundation and basement. The problem is that I can't put stairs in from the foundation/basement up to the main floor. It simply says "Can't level terrain". I have leveled the terrain following the advice of many different youtube videos and threads, to no avail.

I am unsure why I can't do this. One thing that might affect that is that I created (through much pain and sorrow) upside down T shaped stairs going from the main floor to the second floor. Basically L shaped stairs that have a short staircase on either side before going up the long staircase to the second floor. Although I leveled everything after creating those, I have a feeling that affected my ability to place stairs from the basement to the main floor. With that said, I CAN place an elevator and a wall in the basement, so it is not a height thing. I am willing to tear down all the walls of my house (it is just a shell) and to do whatever it takes to make this work, EXCEPT rebuild those T shaped stairs. That took me all day to do and I'm not about to try again lol.

I have pictures but I'm too new here so I can't post them. Can anybody help me? Game is patched to the latest and I have Ambitions, Night Life and Pets installed.

I did a video tutorial on placing stairs inside a basement. The problem is with the ceiling levels dipping down above the stairs. I cant post a link here but there is a link to my channel in my signature if you want to watch the tutorial.
1111213141517...Next