Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited February 2012
    Would you believe I've read this entire thread and I gained about 100 points of CAW-IQ? Amazing resource!

Auntie, kudos to you! I have a point that maybe can go in one of your reserved spots, hun. It's about those that have the Sims3 through Steam. They can't use CAW when their games are under Steam-law. (Akin to martial-law, no joke.)

Anyway:
    Steam -- Origin migration of your Steam Sims installation.
    1) Check if you have registered your keys on Origin. I can only pray you did this on one EA-account. If you didn't, now is the time. Also, make sure that this is the account that also holds your Store-purchases!!
    2) Get yourself the latest version Origin.
    3) Log in to Origin and check your EA-games. The Origin-app is self-explaining. You should get a page with all icons of every still supported EA you have ever registered. Check if all your Sims3 purchases are there.
    4) Uninstal your Steam Sims3 using the Steam-app. Go to your library, select "The Sims 3" and then hit uninstal.
    5) Click on *start* and type Regedit in the searchbar.
    6) In Regedit you need to find a folder called "TheSims3(steam)"
    7) Delete that folder. Win7 users don't need to restart their PC.
    8) Redownload your Sims3 purchases through Origin.
    9) After each download, start the game to get updates. (trust me on this!)
    10) Redownload CAW.
    11) You can now use CAW with the Sims3!

Warning: if you have registered your purchases with EA under several accounts, I would advise to think twice about migrating your Sims3 purchases from Steam to Origin. You can probably miz&match, but I'm not sure about that at all! Also, there's no additional cost involved. Just uninstal from Steam and reinstal through Origin. All are DD's.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi there, I'm just wondering if EA have updated CAW in line with Showtime or the latest patch? Should I download a new CAW installer here or not?
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yes, It's been updated to 1.16.2 :D

LittleMinxUndr;
    Thanks :D Quoted you and linked in troubleshooting section.

Bunbun;
    Gotcha linked :mrgreen:

sorrowthedark,
    Go through the tut at mts one more time, if that doesn't work, I've extracted, and unpopulated most of the ea worlds. You can download them here;
    EA World Caw Files
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ErikMesaErikMesa Posts: 40
    edited March 2012
    I patched my game, installed Showtime, uninstalled CAW (because it was now incompatible) and downloaded and installed the new version of CAW and now I get the "Beta has Crashed" message when I start CAW. It's the "Exception information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

Anyone have any ideas? I dread the thought of a total uninstall/reinstall of Sims3 to fix this yet I'm sure I have all the updates and the latest CAW version downloaded.

Erik :(
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm currently revamping Pasimfic Wiki to make it much more useful and user friendly. Anyone who wants to dig is welcome, I'm currently the only editor, but I understand people are often afraid of learning wiki-editing despite it being very simple, so I've added a tutorial and page templates in case anyone wants to try adding a page for their world for whatever reason.

The whole site is getting a revamp, although it'll be slow-going as I'm moving soon (hubby and I bought a house!! I will have to make a lot of it!)

I'm also always happy to hear of worlds people would like me to review, including EA worlds. You can see past reviews at the Reviews Index page.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ErikMesa wrote:
    I patched my game, installed Showtime, uninstalled CAW (because it was now incompatible) and downloaded and installed the new version of CAW and now I get the "Beta has Crashed" message when I start CAW. It's the "Exception information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

Anyone have any ideas? I dread the thought of a total uninstall/reinstall of Sims3 to fix this yet I'm sure I have all the updates and the latest CAW version downloaded.

Erik :(

The first thing that comes to mind is LAA. You have to relink LAA whenever you do a re-install of Caw. I always forget, and get that error message. Hopefully that's it. If you're not using LAA, you need to get it.
    http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t255-laalarge-address-aware#1897

Also try this thread at MTS;
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

I'm currently revamping Pasimfic Wiki to make it much more useful and user friendly. Anyone who wants to dig is welcome, I'm currently the only editor, but I understand people are often afraid of learning wiki-editing despite it being very simple, so I've added a tutorial and page templates[/url in case anyone wants to try adding a page for their world for whatever reason.

The whole site is getting a revamp, although it'll be slow-going as I'm moving soon (hubby and I bought a house!! I will have to make a lot of it!)

I'm also always happy to hear of worlds people would like me to review, including EA worlds. You can see past reviews at the
    Reviews Index page.

Hi Kiwi greeti13.gif
    I'm one of those people who are reluctant to edit wiki's. :lol:
    I'd like to learn, and help. I've been busy lately moving TS3CC to a new location, but I think we're about done with that. I would love to chat with you about it. I saw your thread at MTS, I'll post there, and see what I can do to help. I'm also on skype, if you skype I'm auntielynds there as well. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yes, It's been updated to 1.16.2 :D
    Thanks for answering :D But now I gotta ask again since they updated it with 1.32 on a short notice :shock: So will 1.16.2 work for 1.32 :?:

I think there's a wiki info on which CAW version is compatible with what patch? I think it would be a good idea to add a link to that on the CAW page so everyone can check if their CAW is running with the appropriate patch?
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Steph_444444 just answered for both of us. :D
    Ha, I didn't even know we had a new update today. We're up to 1.32 now. :lol: I can't keep up! Is there a new caw to go along with?

I have to use the Cumulative Super Patcher here, because my game won't connect with origins.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

And it's saying "File not found" :roll:

I patched my game for 1.31 and installed the new CAW. Yesterday, I accidentely patched to 1.32, but the CAW from patch 1.31 still works with it. 1.32 is apparently to fix SimPort, preventing any CC from a visiting Sim to get installed on the host's computer.

There's a link to it in the archived world tool thread, and Simsamples troubleshooting thread at mts, but you're right, I should put a direct link to it in the FAQ. :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2012
    AuntieLynds if we do get a monster type ep next I was just thinking you will need to dust off that fabulous Haunted one you made as it could be a great world to play such a pack in for sure.

Sorry I couldn't write to your page - I give up trying to use our Simpages anymore.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I figure I'll just nudge CAW users in this direction in case they agree with this petition: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/514989.page

My worlds are running out of space, even after weeding out "flavour" lots. This would help immensely.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    AuntieLynds if we do get a monster type ep next I was just thinking you will need to dust off that fabulous Haunted one you made as it could be a great world to play such a pack in for sure.

Sorry I couldn't write to your page - I give up trying to use our Simpages anymore.

Yes! Spooky Town needs a bit of a revamp anyway. I used the China curved bridges, and the animals are getting stuck on them. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I figure I'll just nudge CAW users in this direction in case they agree with this petition: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/514989.page

My worlds are running out of space, even after weeding out "flavour" lots. This would help immensely.

You might need to start your own thread in this forum as well. I'm not sure very many people actually follow this thread. It will sit for days without a new post.

I signed!
  • Options
    CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited March 2012
    I was just wondering whether someone could point me in the direction of the thread that used to explain MysticThumbs and how to get it to work to see thumbnails for the texture files? :)
    I found it on an external thread I think a while back, but I can't seem to find it now!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's a work in progress, but hopefully it's a useful resource. It certainly seems to be a unique one:

http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Trees_and_Plants
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2012
    AuntieLynds, first thanks for deeming my blurp about Steam-Origin migration worthy of including. =)

I have found a set a paint-textures that are awesome, on MTS by Martine. Here's the link to the MTS-thread she posted them in. They aren't on a creator-page, so there's a chance we have overlooked them for inclusion in the resource-section of your repository.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=385025

If they are already included, I'm sorry if I have wasted your time, hun.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi LittleMinxUndr :mrgreen:

I have a separate thread I started before this one for all the textures. I think Martines was one of the first ones to come out after they released caw. Although, you have me thinking, maybe I should copy and paste it right into one of the empty slots here. It wouldn't be overlooked then.

Terrain Texture Links, Custom Roads, & Effects
  • Options
    AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey guys. Just dropping in to say her. :) I've been on another one of my unwanted, extended The Sims breaks, but I'm back now! Still terrible with CaW... I'm working on it, though!
    Also, I have a kind of silly question. What is the point of the "Pause Game Time(Trees and Effects)" option under the View tab? I noticed it a long time ago and, since then, have yet to find out what it does. :D

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The only thing I can think of is it might be useful for lower end machine? Maybe a little less graphics needing to be generated. Just guessing though. :)

Good to see you! I took a little Cawcation too.
  • Options
    AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh, also, TheSimSupply released another CaW tutorial.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0ZU47Esrs&feature=g-all-u&context=G29ba314FAAAAAAAAJAA
    It's like a combination of the "Video Tutorial: How to Create a World" videos, but it focuses more on what each tool does.

Been meaning to let you know about it for a while, but it kept slipping my mind.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    superseanskisuperseanski Posts: 42 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to put this question , but...
    Is there a blimp object to use in the world editor. I was going to start making a Gotham City, and one very iconic piece of Gotham, besides the architecture, are the GCPD blimps that watch over the city. I could swear they had them in Sims 2, have they just not put them in yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    mriprokillamriprokilla Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    i have a problem on paint.net it just comes up with a pdf reader download which i don' want so can someone please just post a 256 x 256 24 bit png file here please.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top