Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Hello I saw this and thought it could be very very useful

Fog emitters:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/467541.page
  • MistressNatashaMistressNatasha Posts: 7
    edited November 2011
    I'd like to thank you for making this :D It was REALLY helpful in some things (cleared them up). However, I have been having a problem with EIG (Edit in game). When I first go into it, I can see my world semi-okay, but the lots are all missing?(As in I can see straight to the underworld in the places they are supposed to be!). When I zoom out, my world goes completely grey/white, and when I go into Edit Town mode, all I can see is the icons from my lots. :? When I'm in build mode, if I scroll out far enough it does the same thing when I'm in map view/Edit town. I didn't take the time to read through 21 pages to see if this has already been brought up, and none of the CAW problems sound like mine (the ones I did read). Have you ever had this issue and if you have, what do I do!? I'm going to continue reading after I post this in hopes that maybe its already been answered, and if so I'll leave another comment.... Thanks for answering :)
  • carantathraielcarantathraiel Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hello!
    I'm building a world and I have a quick inquiry. As far as uploading my game without uploading it into the exchange, I've done that. I prefer to do that so I can throw in sims and take my time builing the lots.

However, I would like to know if there is a way to get the world onto the exchange from there? Once its already in my game, is there a way to get a world on the exchange?

I would appreciate any reply! :) Thanks!
  • carantathraielcarantathraiel Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2011
    Never mind on this inquiry, I found the helpful post on the front page after a 5th glance :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mens0067mens0067 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know if they updated the latest patch for CAW, version 1.13.3?
  • glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited December 2011
    syg1523 wrote:
    LOL!! :lol: I'm rolling on the floor laughing right now! DUH! Nevermind! I answered my own question and I even figured out the problem. It was all a matter of picking the right textures and details to begin with.

Thanks for your help, auntielynds!

Hello, I see an old thread about Cobblestone roads and I'm having trouble findinf the right combination to get it. Could you help by telling me what ones you picked. Thanks, glen416
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if anyone has posted this or anything similar, but I am mamking a new world and i couldn't figure out a name for it. So I googled a bit and found this:

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/

It's an amazing generator site. It generates ANYTHING, from names for specific characters, names for towns, dungeons, spells, eras and much more else from Anime to Fantacy and Sci-Fi. It can even generate small stories or ideas about locations, lost civilasations , settings and everything else you can imagine.
    I consider this a keeper, bookmarked it, and I believe that it's something any simmer needs to have a link of, especially world creators, as we have to think not only a name for our worlds, but also lot names, street names, names for the sims if we prepopulate it ir even a backround story for it. So i thought it would be a good idea to share this, and if you also agree add it to the list.

Have fun and happy holidays
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited December 2011
    lovingreds wrote:
    Hello I saw this and thought it could be very very useful

Fog emitters:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/467541.page

I think you (and others like me) would find this also very useful (maybe you already know about it)
    http://createveworks.blogspot.com/2011/01/fog-emitter-effects-animations-series.html

Auntielynds I wish you a merry christmas and a loving creative 2012.

Greetings,
    Libby
  • james20150james20150 Posts: 53
    edited December 2011
    Okay Merry Christmas everyone
    Now
    as for that updated version of CAW anyone actually getting that to work?
    I tried uninstaling the one i had and installing the new that did not work.
    i installed the old and ran the set up to do the update that did not work either. now i am installing version 1.13 or something and thinking of uninstalling pets
    what happened to version 15? thats gone by the way.
    so short of sounding stupid whats next?
    any recomendations as to how to proceed?
    cause with the update on 13 it doesnt work
    there are no archived versions for the pets
    and that last updat to version 10.0.96 well that ruined everything.
    I have base game version 1.29
    and all ep's and sp's this latest update ruined everything and some how my old version of caw tool for the previous update for pets is gone.
    what i get for puting my PC i the shop i guess
    so add me as friend so i can see your comment and get the help i need
    'thanks
    JLA
  • D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2012
    Will CAW ever be upgraded so I don't have to reinstall it every time I update or install a new Sims 3 pack/ep/update?
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    D2Diamond wrote:
    Will CAW ever be upgraded so I don't have to reinstall it every time I update or install a new Sims 3 pack/ep/update?

When the game isn't updated any more and there are no more new Stuff packs/Expansions then CAW will be done with updates.

If you don't update your game or buy any new expansions/stuffs you won't have to update CAW...
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2012
    How do I get rid of the stretched look of these roads (don't mind the corners. I already figured that out.

Screenshot-71.jpg
    edited January 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    How do I get rid of the stretched look of these roads (don't mind the corners. I already figured that out.

What are you using for the second slot on the road- the detail? That's what's wrong.
    edited January 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:

What are you using for the second slot on the road- the detail? That's what's wrong.

Yeah. I've been looking for a good detail but the only detail I have is the one for the dirt roads, but that makes it two tone with an orange color. I've heard of one that's just no detail and will make the terrain show up not stretched.
    edited January 2012
    Watercat_1 has one here~ http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-206.html
    It's in the misc download. :)

Also... Auntielynds to the rescue (with lots of links) ~ http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/181739.page :mrgreen:
    edited January 2012
    Thank you. I'll see what I can do! :D
  • ShaunaghLShaunaghL Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    hi I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it says troubleshooting so i hope im in the right place. Anyway to the point, I installed TS3 pets yesterday, and got all the patches, updates etc... I then downloaded and installed create a world, so Im assuming my version of create a world is the newest... But its telling me that my installed version of the game is not compatible with create a world and i must download and install the latest version of create a world. How do i fix this? i was so amped to try out create a world and its not working :( so any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and i did find a thread on mod the sims that has instructions on how to fix my problem, and i did all that but it didnt work. I doalso need to add that im not a computer genius so i would be so greatful if any help given is in simple instructions :) thank you in advance***** :)
  • MorpheusKajiirMorpheusKajiir Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Hi AuntieLynds

Great job in the FAQ, however, I have been unable to find a fix for my problem with CAW. My problem happens way before I even get to placing roads or lots, let alone getting to CC. CAW will randomly crash on me but it seems more frequent when it tries to load or save. I get the corrupted file error and the only thing I've done is paint the terrain using in-game textures.

For example, my last attempt all I did was paint the sand for the main beach and some rock detail for the mountains and "BANG" CAW crashes. I have the latest version (1.13.07 etc) of CAW, and Sims 3 is patched up-to-date, and all of my CC has been fixed with TSR's Rigfix; so everything should work. Well it does in the game but fails in CAW.

It's gotten to a point where if I can't fix it here then I'll just give up; a shame too because in other games with stable and working editors I've put out some quality work. Just for thought, I was working on a "most complete city" world for Sims 3 and even jot things out on paper for city planning including a chic downtown, edgy urban neighborhood, a Detroit style project, a modern suburban neighborhood, farmland and forestry (all laid out like you'd see in a real city).

Anyways, sorry for the novel; experience has thought me to be thorough if I hope to get a proper response. Thanks
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited January 2012
    I have a new problem now. I hadn't used CAW in several weeks, but today decided to finish up a world I'd been working on. But when I went to open the file I got an error message that says "cannot load a packed file {0}". What does that mean? I recently installed some mods, and also added the latest version of TS3 to my DEP exception list, would either of these have anything to do with it?

Thanks.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2012
    He everybody,

Have you seen this: http://www.megaupload.com/

It seems dat uploading to external sites is not without risks.
    Although at this moment Mediafire seems fine (knock on wood).

More information about the subject: Stop the Internet Blacklist
    Here is also a petition.

I thought mayby some people would want to know about this so they think twice before uploading their world to an external site.
    edited January 2012
    The worlds can't be played without the game.... I don't see how it would be considered stealing or pirating.

• mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Not sure if Aunti is still keeping up this list - but wanted to point her to the garden autosoils for CAW in case she is :)

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3769470&posted=1#post3769470

God Bless,
    mik
  • AngelJaz1AngelJaz1 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi idk if someone is still updating this post. but for all that are interisted in it....

i found this :

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Modding the Create-a-World Tool to Unlock Hidden Features

its like..uhmm debugging ur CAW..so u can build a pound on ur hill top for example ;) more informations on the webside.

i just try it out myself..it realy is working even so i still suck at building a pound ;)
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks every one :)

I'll get those popped in the links.
  • sorrowthedarksorrowthedark Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2012
    Okay, I'm going to pull my hair out.

I imported the resources of a ea world. to my world file and I tried both leaving the wpid intact and deleting it. but everytime the .world file can't be open by caw after.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top