Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Champs Les Sims Base World Deluxe Ready For Download

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CallmemitchCallmemitch Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Sorry if this is old, just wanted to ask a quick question.

This isn't base game only compatible is it? I just downloaded it and it runs, but textures don't show at close distances for streets and grass etc.

And if it isn't, are there any plans of a base game version?

Thanks.
  • Options
    ForestBalrogForestBalrog Posts: 67 New Member
    edited May 2011
    steven098 wrote:
    i was download it but in the end i get a error that i cant download it,why and how to fix it??

There is a comment right above yours saying that if you can't download it from the exchange use the other link provided.

Anyways, the exchange version wouldn't download for me either, however, I downloaded the one in the other link and everything works perfectly. Looking at it in game now - it's lovely, thank you so much for taking the time to make and upload this!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2011
    NONe of this is base game - you must have WA in order to play this.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited May 2011
    great work, I left a rec for you :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    CallmemitchCallmemitch Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    NONe of this is base game - you must have WA in order to play this.

Thanks for the info, I guess I just got confused by the terminology of 'Base World' in the title, simple mistake.

Cheers.
  • Options
    jasminegirljasminegirl Posts: 160
    edited September 2011
    How do you download it from mediafire? iv pressed the download button and everthing else but i don't know how to download it now its been opened?
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited September 2011
    wow it is truly amazing! I cannot express enough how happy this makes me. The vacation worlds that came with the game just didn't have enough in them IMHO. You did a fantastic job ! I love your version of Champs Les Sims much more. Thank you for taking the time to do this and share with us. :)
  • Options
    HollyZeeHollyZee Posts: 224 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I've downloaded this world, used the Save As.... It works for me.
    I like this world, I do miss the French music theme of WA France but otherwise okay. I've had no problems other my Sims start complaining of routing issues if I play for very long. I lose track of time and it'll be 3 or 4 hours later, I look up, and notice I've not saved. Not good, or safe.

On one of the other threads they mentioned using a timer and logging out after an hour. Heh, I use my oven timer for baking AND Sims 3. Play for an hour, Save and Exit, and come back for another hour. Champs Les Sims is a nice, clean world, but a bit short on large lots. 60x60s and 64x64s needed. I had to remove a 64x64 lot to place one of my Sims families. They had their own lot, with veggies.
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited December 2011
    thanks for making this world. I love it! I've only been building in it so far, so not sure how well it plays on my computer yet. But thanks!

I also used the 'save file' button under the 'add to game' button, as I got the error message when it downloaded on the first couple of tries. But so far so good! :)
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2011
    This looks really good! I already have Champs Les Sims and it works fine, so should be able to download this fine and not have to wait for my graphics card to be updated/decrapified.

Also, can I start using that word, decrapified? :lol:
  • Options
    kmanibokmanibo Posts: 13
    edited January 2012
    I got the impression that this would only require a base game, maybe you should be a bit more clear on that?
    I was so excited to find a base game world and was disappointed when it didn't work. :/
  • Options
    bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks so much, this is amazing!
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    I changed my mind, what was I thinking??? :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    ChadSmith22ChadSmith22 Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    MarLin114 wrote:
    Thank you Stw402 for making this fabulous world available for regular game play! I changed a couple of things around so I could add Showtime lots to my game and started testing those to see if they function the same as in Starlight Shores. So far, everything is working great :) I added a few 🐸🐸🐸🐸. households to the town so it wasn't completely empty when my sim moved. The game spawned new sims that are old favorites...the exact same sims from Champs Les Sims vacation town (cool). You're a genius.

How did you download this world? did you do it from the exchange and if so how, mine wouldnt download. I kept getting the error message. If you downloaded it from Media fire could someone explain how to install the file?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited April 2012
    try clicking on the 'save file' under the 'add to game' button on the exchange. I believe that is how many people have been able to download it (including me). If I remember correctly, after you click 'save file' you then click 'run' when you get the pop-up and it downloads to the launcher as normal.
  • Options
    ChadSmith22ChadSmith22 Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    elle0808 wrote:
    try clicking on the 'save file' under the 'add to game' button on the exchange. I believe that is how many people have been able to download it (including me). If I remember correctly, after you click 'save file' you then click 'run' when you get the pop-up and it downloads to the launcher as normal.

thank you for your help! im currently downloading it so i hope it works!
  • Options
    DemiLinleyDemiLinley Posts: 108 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Do you think the world will work even though I don't have Ambitions? I have LN, Pets and WA installed :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Matt2290910Matt2290910 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Since youve made france a base world is it possible you could do china and egypt as well? :)
  • Options
    ilovepink3ilovepink3 Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    The download isn't working for me!!! :-/
  • Options
    AnnieBanannie123AnnieBanannie123 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh, Btw, I had to "Save File"... When I pressed "Add To Game", It appeared in my Launcher. Downloaded majorly quickly, then said its done. I then Went to install. It said Failed. It might just be me. :P
    same problem here too :(
  • Options
    AnnieBanannie123AnnieBanannie123 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2013
    do the save file thing! totally works!!!