Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Champs Les Sims Base World Deluxe Ready For Download

Comments

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited October 2010
    I must say, I am impressed. The France World Adventure is my favorite, it looks so beautiful in the game. Now if they have the same spawners, I am totally in love. Love having my sims cook froglegs. :)

I am definitely trying this out. Thank you very much.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited October 2010
    Im playing this as i type and i am loving it! now im just going to put the eiffel tower somewhere....thank you soo much for doing this!
  • juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited October 2010
    YAY :-D

I'm so glad you finished this!

It's fantastic, off to have a look right now :mrgreen:
  • carolinn4733carolinn4733 Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Appreciate all your hard work in creating this world. Try www.aroundthesims3.com for all things French- including wine cellar accessories, Paris streetscape items and some very nice cooking accessories as well.
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2010
    Great job as always Stw! Thanks for all of your hard work and sharing this with the rest of us. Impressive!! :thumbup:
  • dltn43dltn43 Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm so looking forward to playing this. Thank you bunches for all of the time and effort you put into this........also for sharing!! :D
    [img][/img]8bh13c873lt4tk24g.jpg
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited October 2010
    this is so well done, excellent job, I am definitely coming back to this one. love it.
  • dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    edited October 2010
    I've been hoping someone would finally get the idea and the patience to get this to work. I love it!

I did some editing of my own, namely removing all the Champs Le Sims world homes (the ones with the weird, hard-coded names) and removed all of the WA type shops, so that this would feel more like a Parisian world, and not just "Champs Le Sims" that is playable.

AND I FINALLY ADDED THE EIFFEL TOWER!!! I deleted that massive art museum and put the Eiffel Tower there in its place. Fits so perfect and right at the top of hill; I think it's one of a few perfectly placed 64x64 lots.

I didn't have the problem with Hogan's Diner, but I went ahead and moved it a couple places away from the lot edge anyway. I currently have one family living in this world and things seem to be going very smoothly. I'm going to add a small-lot apartment district where all those shops were and I also added a Champs-Élysées type of shopping area where the base camp was; I'm still trying to remove that sort of "taste" of Champs Le Sims, so my travel-crazy Sims still have a reason to want to go there.

Thank you again for this amazing world and I'm looking forward to what else you're working on, if anything!
  • ChristopherERMChristopherERM Posts: 160 New Member
    edited October 2010
    How did you open the ChampsLesSims.world file in Create a World?
  • LuckieoneLuckieone Posts: 478 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi there, just a quick question did you use any third party cc or anything like that in your world.
    Looks pretty good though, and have a good day.
  • Simsfreak711Simsfreak711 Posts: 417 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Fantastic job on the world. I just wish theres was still the French music playing in the background. It was pleasing, and would make the world seem more Frenchy. Plus, I get kinda annoyed with the same background music playing in every neighborhood. But other than that constructive criticism, amazing job! I can't wait till China and Egypt!
  • sekrittheorysekrittheory Posts: 149 Member
    edited October 2010
    This is so awesome! Can't wait to try it out in-game. Thanks for doing this! :D
  • meowelisameowelisa Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2010
    When are you releasing the CAW files?
  • CorsetcrushCorsetcrush Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Any idea when the "Non Deluxe version" will be uploaded? I'm hoping this means the actual Chapms Les Sims base neighborhood, without the added road and community buildings? I really like the fact that you uploaded the version that you did so people could just load it and play it, but I'm really itching to have a playable hood that looks like it was pulled straight from the vacation hood. I have been looking forward to clearing out the dungeons and making the lots into standard ones, especially the Nectary and the Landgraab mansion. It will be so much fun turning the shop area into other uses (consignment shop, salon, tattoo shop) since the vacation registers don't work properly in a normal hood.

Either way, I am enormously grateful for you doing this hood at all. :mrgreen:
    :thumbup: THANK YOU! :thumbup:
  • matiazmatiaz Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2010
    NVM
  • gh0ulgh0ul Posts: 26
    edited December 2010
    Sorry for necromancing, but I was just wondering whether you have abandoned this project or if you are planning on releasing the CAW-files and the non-deluxe version?

Also, I'm dying to download this, but for some reason, I get an error message each time I try. It downloads to about 90%, then the error pops up.
  • Douglas111Douglas111 Posts: 253
    edited February 2011
    Did you abandon this project? and I seem to also get a error message, I plan on using this world to do a french-royal family thing. But for some odd reason I keep getting a error message.
  • heavenlyangel14heavenlyangel14 Posts: 82
    edited February 2011
    Mine finishes downloading and then gives me an error message :S Anyone got any ideas?
  • missmjs11missmjs11 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I got the same error message every time I tried to download (pretty aggravating after 5 tries). Stw402, could you make it available to download on mediafire or something?
  • ccgirl97ccgirl97 Posts: 789
    edited April 2011
    missmjs11 wrote:
    I got the same error message every time I tried to download (pretty aggravating after 5 tries). Stw402, could you make it available to download on mediafire or something?

Same.
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited April 2011
    Stw hasn't been too active lately.

I got it to download by clicking on the "Save File" instead of the add to game.

Try that.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2011
    Thanks, downloaded and mentioned it in the world index.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/135/279596.page#4995099
    This space is for rent.
  • gh0ulgh0ul Posts: 26
    edited April 2011
    For those of you that can't download this world, I did convert Champs Les Sims in January. My version is without the added rabbit holes, though.

I don't intend to spam this thread, but since he obviously has abandoned the project, I thought I might as well share this.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/325711.page
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited April 2011
    For anybody who is getting problems downloading from exchange, I'm not sure why, it did download for me, I've updated the first page with the following:-

You can also download the world at the following location for anybody with problems downloading from the exchange:-

Champs Les Sims Base World Deluxe.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?is1s62nq3kh6hdi

Alternatively gh0ul as made a version without extra rabbit holes this version can be downloaded here:-

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/325711.page
  • steven098steven098 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    i was download it but in the end i get a error that i cant download it,why and how to fix it??