Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How-To-Install CC/Mods "The New Way" Guide. Update: 04/23/2014

Comments

• Options
    DataBoxDataBox Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    In the example on the tutorial they are merging (.sims3pack) files. Also, are you using S3PE? I have the original verions SimPE because I still have Castaway Stories. I thought S3PE was still in test, although it's been a while since I last checked. There are a lot of instructions to merge these files. Are you sure you followed them to the letter and didn't delete or remove something you shouldn't have. (i.e. wrong XML file)

Oh :oops:

Yes I am using S3PE and every time I merge the files and save the S3PE window becomes unresponsive and shuts. But I kept using it regardless and had all my folders made and pretty. Following everything to a t. And when I thought I didn't do something right I checked back with http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html?#cutid1
    and followed that one since it was easier to understand XD

But I'm willing to make due with the mass multi packages as long and they show up in my game. And I'm frustrated and embarrassed with myself that I can't figure out whats going on.

Also I've run the folder through the Sims3Dashboard and nothing is duplicate, corrupted or conflicting.

EDIT S'all good. I don 't think awesome mods the problem to be honest but it might be. I'll try removing it and seeing what happens then. . .
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sherio88 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    Sherio88 wrote:
    so when I follow the link to get the new resource.cfg file it just gives me text on a page... no options to save unless I'm supposed to copy the txt and save it as resource.cfg?
    Whether you click it or right-click on the file to download it, you should still get a popup box like this.
    301zx5g.jpg
    Do you have an account at MTS? You might need one to download from there.
    However, the link is not housed on the MTS site.
    Do you have all your file extensions turned on?

I just right clicked onthe txt page and chose save as.
    it worked, well for all extensive purposes. but my cc DL's have 3 package files and I cut and paste them all but still nothing shows up in my CAS.
    If your using Windows, go to start and right-click the choose Explore. Then go to your Mods/Packages folder. The path will be in the address bar at the top. Copy and Paste the path here, minus your username of course. Just replace that with <Username>.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DataBox wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    In the example on the tutorial they are merging (.sims3pack) files. Also, are you using S3PE? I have the original verions SimPE because I still have Castaway Stories. I thought S3PE was still in test, although it's been a while since I last checked. There are a lot of instructions to merge these files. Are you sure you followed them to the letter and didn't delete or remove something you shouldn't have. (i.e. wrong XML file)

Oh :oops:

Yes I am using S3PE and every time I merge the files and save the S3PE window becomes unresponsive and shuts. But I kept using it regardless and had all my folders made and pretty. Following everything to a t. And when I thought I didn't do something right I checked back with http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html?#cutid1
    and followed that one since it was easier to understand XD

But I'm willing to make due with the mass multi packages as long and they show up in my game. And I'm frustrated and embarrassed with myself that I can't figure out whats going on.

Also I've run the folder through the Sims3Dashboard and nothing is duplicate, corrupted or conflicting.

EDIT S'all good. I don 't think awesome mods the problem to be honest but it might be. I'll try removing it and seeing what happens then. . .

Well try that to see but I can't be sure. I never use Core mods and S3PE has not been tested enough for me to use "yet" so I can answer to that either. If you're sure you followed the merging of the files to the letter, then all I can say is that I hope that's not it. But if you missed anything at all it might be the culprit as your altering the actual content and changing/deleting XML records. I've created those (xml files) before and if something is not right, files don't work. Most people I know that do create them are database admins or are familiar with how RDBMS work.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think awesome mod was the reason nothing wanted to work including those pesky combined jumbo packages!

I'm going to try and make them again and see what happens.

Thanks for all your time and effort!
    Sorry it was all something silly XD

A random question.. .. Do you know of any hack that increase the number of slider spots available because thats all I wanted awesome mod for :$
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DataBox wrote:
    I think awesome mod was the reason nothing wanted to work including those pesky combined jumbo packages!

I'm going to try and make them again and see what happens.

Thanks for all your time and effort!
    Sorry it was all something silly XD

A random question.. .. Do you know of any hack that increase the number of slider spots available because thats all I wanted awesome mod for :$
    Sorry no I don't as I don't use hacks either. BTW - I did a Google and found an interesting read on those (.sims3pack) files you're changing. It's late and I just realized those are DBPF (database package file) for TS3 custom content. I just read the first few post and it appears you're not alone. This is on TSR here. I'm not afraid to get anything bad from their forums as I am viewing/downloading CC from them.

EDIT: Also check your version of S3PE.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Will do : )
    Thanks again for all your help!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DataBox wrote:
    Will do : )
    Thanks again for all your help!
    You're welcome. Hope it all works out. :wink:
  • Options
    apple167apple167 Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    apple167 wrote:
    okee! so i hav a question! i totally just recently updated all of my sims 3 games and its being a meanie abt the CC apparently, and i was told to update the CC to the version of the game, but how do i do that?
    Whenever you update your games you need to go back and check your CC (from wherever you downloaded it from) to make sure the creator updated the mod/cc so that it still works.

Some creators do and some don't. If they don't, then that particular CC will not work anymore. Usually, a creator that updated their mod/cc will say that it's updated. (i.e. this has been updated to work with Ambitions)

Most hair, clothes, things like that are fine. But some things like skill books, cooking mods, etc... need to be updated to work.

i don't have any game mods though, except for clothes and hairs! and a couple cars! idk if cars count or not! =/
  • Options
    XDarkFrostXXDarkFrostX Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I have one problem. I followed all of these instructions and yet when I go to double click the cc to install it it says "could not find a valid directory to install to." Does anybody have any idea?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have one problem. I followed all of these instructions and yet when I go to double click the cc to install it it says "could not find a valid directory to install to." Does anybody have any idea?
    I'm not sure what you are double-clicking to install. I posted in your other thread, asking you a few questions.
    And also here.

Idk:
    1) What games you have?
    2) If you're fully patched?
    3) What OS you have?
    4) If you're using Windows do you have Microsoft .NET Frameworks installed?
    5) Have you ever or are you currently using Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey?
    etc...

Also, please post the path of how you set up your Framework.
    For Example: Windows Vista path
    New Way - C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
    Old way - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    brian96brian96 Posts: 830 New Member
    edited August 2010
    what do we do if the file is .rar?
  • Options
    wotzittoyahwotzittoyah Posts: 115 Member
    edited August 2010
    how do i get the .net files and framework stuff? :S
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    brian96 wrote:
    what do we do if the file is .rar?
    All the (.rar) means is that the creator used winRAR to compress the file(s), hense the (.rar) file extension. If they had used WinZIP it would have been (.zip), etc... The files need to be extracted from the .rar or .zip file using the same type of compression application. So if you have winRAR, winZIP, 7zip, or whatever, you use that program to extract the .package files from the .rar file.

• Options
    pdxwinnpdxwinn Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited August 2010

What OS are you running?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't know how to advise since you haven't given me any info as to what OS version you're running. (i.e. XP, Vista, Win7) If you are running Windows, Microsoft .NET Frameworks is something needed to run the OS properly.

.NET Frameworks is something completely different than setting up a framework. All setting up a framework means is setting up your folder structure. You'll either set up your folders the new way or you'll set them up the old way. It's just the path to the folders and that's all it is.

• Options
    DajaboDajabo Posts: 937 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I use helper monkey, I'm too lazy for manual work
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dajabo wrote:
    I use helper monkey, I'm too lazy for manual work
    It works for you if you have the base game and that's fine. But it's not updated after WA, so if you have Ambitions it doesn't use the new framework.
  • Options
    Tia14Tia14 Posts: 67
    edited August 2010
    It won't work for me :( I set up everything just like you said, I even downloaded the .net thing, still nothing. Whenever I add a rosesims hairstyle the loading uses forever, but no hair in cas. What do I do?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    wotzittoyah wrote:

pdxwinn wrote:
    What OS are you running?

im on windows 7 home premium
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    I don't know how to advise since you haven't given me any info as to what OS version you're running. (i.e. XP, Vista, Win7) If you are running Windows, Microsoft .NET Frameworks is something needed to run the OS properly.

.NET Frameworks is something completely different than setting up a framework. All setting up a framework means is setting up your folder structure. You'll either set up your folders the new way or you'll set them up the old way. It's just the path to the folders and that's all it is.
    im on windows 7
  • Options
    A2CAAmanda2C619A2CAAmanda2C619 Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2010
    What if I cant find the .NET framework?
  • Options
    dnanidnani Posts: 271 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Here's what I did. I googled .NET Framework, and it was the first link (Ok, I used Yahoo, but you get the point...) It makes a little more sence.
  • Options
    julieN210julieN210 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Is there a way to get the cc from the exchange to work with this new way of installing cc since they end in .sims3pack?
  • Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2010
    blunote00 awesome thread bookmarked this one for the fantastic help :D
  • Options
    chloebits_8chloebits_8 Posts: 279
    edited August 2010
    No longer needed. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights