Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How-To-Install CC/Mods "The New Way" Guide. Update: 04/23/2014

Comments

• Options
    laurenruth915laurenruth915 Posts: 4,102 New Member
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    Okay I found it, what exactly am I deleting?
    The d3dx9_31.dll dynamic link library file. If you were using Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey it may have automatically put the file in your game/bin. You just need to delete it from all of your game/bin folders under Programs.

Hm. :?

Is that exactly what it's called? If so, it's not located there. :oops:
    Yes that's what its called. Did you check all the game/bin folders under each EP?

Right now, I'm feeling pretty dumb. BRB. :XD:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just checked them all, and none of them have it.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    Okay I found it, what exactly am I deleting?
    The d3dx9_31.dll dynamic link library file. If you were using Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey it may have automatically put the file in your game/bin. You just need to delete it from all of your game/bin folders under Programs.

Hm. :?

Is that exactly what it's called? If so, it's not located there. :oops:
    Yes that's what its called. Did you check all the game/bin folders under each EP?

Right now, I'm feeling pretty dumb. BRB. :XD:
    okay :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just checked them all, and none of them have it.
    Sorry I didn't see this post until just now. Then the only thing left you need to to is make sure you have the new resource.cfg file in your new Mods folder. It should look like the picture on the first page. And that's it. :wink:

Edit: We posted at exactly the same time.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    howdysims3howdysims3 Posts: 507 New Member
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    howdysims3 wrote:
    So i'm confused, i didnt read all of it and youo said that you installed it manually the old way still. some one told me it would wreck my game eventually if i did that so yeh.... will it coz i have a good tecneec a=that works....
    If the old way still works for you and you have no problems then leave it alone.
    Can't say it will be the same with future sps and eps though.

Thanks that really scared me when they told me that coz i thought i would have to install it all over again but i don't so good.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have one, it's a text document, should it be that?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alright I downloaded the resource.cfg file and placed it in the appropriate location, and tested it by downloaded something. I opened my game, and it's not there.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have one, it's a text document, should it be that?
    No it's not a text file. It should have the (.dll) file extension.
    Alright I downloaded the resource.cfg file and placed it in the appropriate location, and tested it by downloaded something. I opened my game, and it's not there.
    You may have to move the Mods folder to desktop, start your game, exit the game, then move the Mods folder back to see if the game picks it up. Like I said earlier, idk you had the Delphy installed and hadn't removed it. Did you remove it via control panel? How did you remove it?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I removed it via Control Panel.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I removed it via Control Panel.
    Try moving the Mods folder to desktop, etc... to see if that works. The only other thing I can suggest is to try cleaning your registry. I don't think there were instructions on MTS for removing/uninstall that application. The only thing I can think of is there is still some files left in the Windows database, which is the registry or still under the program files.

If that doesn't work we can put it under Programs again and it should work the old way. Just a few steps to do that.
  • Options
    nycscenienycscenie Posts: 521 Member
    edited July 2010
    THANK YOU BLUNOTE00!! Ive been confused for the longest on how to do that package stuff but today i followed your instructions and its waaaay easier than i first believed.
  • Options
    DataBoxDataBox Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hello :)

I followed your how-to guide and did everything it said to the t.

But my custom content doesn't seem to work.
    The default replacement skin seems to be the only piece that is working other then that zip. All the billions of my .package files aren't showing up.

Do you have any clue on what I could do ?
    How to fix it ?

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DataBox wrote:

The default replacement skin seems to be the only piece that is working other then that zip. All the billions of my .package files aren't showing up.

How to fix it ?

Thanks for reading.
    I assume you're running some version of Windows. Have you used CC before and if so do you have the Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey? I see from your profile that you have all the games. Are you fully patched too? If you're installing CC for the first time did you miss any of the steps?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    nycscenie wrote:
    THANK YOU BLUNOTE00!! Ive been confused for the longest on how to do that package stuff but today i followed your instructions and its waaaay easier than i first believed.
    You're welcome nycscenie. Enjoy all that CC. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    apple167apple167 Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    okee! so i hav a question! i totally just recently updated all of my sims 3 games and its being a meanie abt the CC apparently, and i was told to update the CC to the version of the game, but how do i do that?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    apple167 wrote:
    okee! so i hav a question! i totally just recently updated all of my sims 3 games and its being a ******** abt the CC apparently, and i was told to update the CC to the version of the game, but how do i do that?
    Whenever you update your games you need to go back and check your CC (from wherever you downloaded it from) to make sure the creator updated the mod/cc so that it still works.

Some creators do and some don't. If they don't, then that particular CC will not work anymore. Usually, a creator that updated their mod/cc will say that it's updated. (i.e. this has been updated to work with Ambitions)

Most hair, clothes, things like that are fine. But some things like skill books, cooking mods, etc... need to be updated to work.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    DataBox wrote:

How to fix it ?

Thanks for reading.
    I assume you're running some version of Windows. Have you used CC before and if so do you have the Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey? I see from your profile that you have all the games. Are you fully patched too? If you're installing CC for the first time did you miss any of the steps?

I'm running windows 7 .

Yeah I've used it before, I had lots of it too and all of it worked perfectly.

A couple weeks ago my computer wiped itself out so I had to reinstall sims and I just recently got HELS and Ambitions. So I've installed all of them and am patched fully. I am not completely sure what the installer helper monkey is or does but no I don't believe I have that.

No steps were missed at first I did the whole thing the old way and now I've tried this way and nothing but the Default replacement skin is working. I had slider hacks working before but then I added the rest of my content and BOOM now only skins work.

Sorry if Im not making much sense . . . .
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DataBox wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    DataBox wrote:

How to fix it ?

Thanks for reading.

I'm running windows 7 .

Yeah I've used it before, I had lots of it too and all of it worked perfectly.

A couple weeks ago my computer wiped itself out so I had to reinstall sims and I just recently got HELS and Ambitions. So I've installed all of them and am patched fully. I am not completely sure what the installer helper monkey is or does but no I don't believe I have that.

No steps were missed at first I did the whole thing the old way and now I've tried this way and nothing but the Default replacement skin is working. I had slider hacks working before but then I added the rest of my content and BOOM now only skins work.

Sorry if Im not making much sense . . . .
    Have you checked to make sure all of your mods/cc are up-to-date and working from the creator?

EDIT: Also, double-check to make sure you've removed the old framework from the games program folders.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    Have you checked to make sure all of your mods/cc are up-to-date and working from the creator?

I just downloaded all my cc and mods yesterday. All mods are for sure up to date and Im pretty sure the custom content is as well.

Is it possible that I have too much .package files for the game to process ?

Because I did try that whole jumble packages together to make a few bigger packages(TUTORIAL AT MATY) but the game didn't seem to even read them. It read everything else but the large package files.. everything else which at the time was all the sliders and skins and a mod or too.

I really don't know what to do and for some reason I cant fully enjoy the game without custom content.

EDIT: Old Framework ? sorry a little on the dumb side of life.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DataBox wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

I just downloaded all my cc and mods yesterday. All mods are for sure up to date and Im pretty sure the custom content is as well.

Is it possible that I have too much .package files for the game to process ?

Because I did try that whole jumble packages together to make a few bigger packages(TUTORIAL AT MATY) but the game didn't seem to even read them. It read everything else but the large package files.. everything else which at the time was all the sliders and skins and a mod or too.

I really don't know what to do and for some reason I cant fully enjoy the game without custom content.

EDIT: Old Framework ? sorry a little on the dumb side of life.
    Old framework is how CC is set up under programs. I still use the old framework even though I have all the games and I'm fully patched.

If you just downloaded your Mods/CC yesterday then you probably didn't have it set up the old way. Check to make sure you have your framework set up properly the new way. Check to make sure you've downloaded the NEW resource.cfg and placed it in the Mods folder along with the Packages subfolder.

Sorry, I hardly ever go on MATY and have no idea what the "jumble packages together" is or how it works. I have all my .package files separated in my Mods/Packages folder. But I have room to do that and there are others that have way more mods/cc than I have.

Are you using any Core mods? I don't use any core mods at all.
  • Options
    Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited July 2010
    so when I follow the link to get the new resource.cfg file it just gives me text on a page... no options to save unless I'm supposed to copy the txt and save it as resource.cfg?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    Old framework is how CC is set up under programs. I still use the old framework even though I have all the games and I'm fully patched.

If you just downloaded your Mods/CC yesterday then you probably didn't have it set up the old way. Check to make sure you have your framework set up properly the new way. Check to make sure you've downloaded the NEW resource.cfg and placed it in the Mods folder along with the Packages subfolder.

Sorry, I hardly ever go on MATY and have no idea what the "jumble packages together" is or how it works. I have all my .package files separated in my Mods/Packages folder. But I have room to do that and there are others that have way more mods/cc than I have.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17746.0.html
    Sorry my wording must make me sound like an idiot, so umm thanks for having the patience to try and help :)

EDIT: COMFIRMATION I downloaded the NEW resource file and I have it placed where your tutorial showed.

I have 512 items equaling 707mb in my packages folder but thats a lot less then it was before I wiped out my computer so I guess that couldn't be it.

I'm using awesome mod and to be honest I havent a clue if it was working or not when I was in game screaming at the create a sim options lacking cc. :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sherio88 wrote:
    so when I follow the link to get the new resource.cfg file it just gives me text on a page... no options to save unless I'm supposed to copy the txt and save it as resource.cfg?
    Whether you click it or right-click on the file to download it, you should still get a popup box like this.
    301zx5g.jpg
    Do you have an account at MTS? You might need one to download from there.
    However, the link is not housed on the MTS site.
    Do you have all your file extensions turned on?

• Options
    Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited July 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    Sherio88 wrote:
    Whether you click it or right-click on the file to download it, you should still get a popup box like this.
    301zx5g.jpg
    Do you have an account at MTS? You might need one to download from there.
    However, the link is not housed on the MTS site.
    Do you have all your file extensions turned on?

I just right clicked onthe txt page and chose save as.
    it worked, well for all extensive purposes. but my cc DL's have 3 package files and I cut and paste them all but still nothing shows up in my CAS.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DataBox wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17746.0.html
    Sorry my wording must make me sound like an idiot, so umm thanks for having the patience to try and help :)

EDIT: COMFIRMATION I downloaded the NEW resource file and I have it placed where your tutorial showed.

I have 512 items equaling 707mb in my packages folder but thats a lot less then it was before I wiped out my computer so I guess that couldn't be it.

I'm using awesome mod and to be honest I havent a clue if it was working or not when I was in game screaming at the create a sim options lacking cc. :oops:
    In the example on the tutorial they are merging (.sims3pack) files. Also, are you using S3PE? I have the original verions SimPE because I still have Castaway Stories. I thought S3PE was still in test, although it's been a while since I last checked. There are a lot of instructions to merge these files. Are you sure you followed them to the letter and didn't delete or remove something you shouldn't have. (i.e. wrong XML file)

EDIT: I can't answer to Awesomemod as I don't use any Core mods.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top