Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    HILNUSHILNUS Posts: 245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Was this posted yet?
    When you are moving an object Holding the Alt key while moving will let you move off the grid(no grid snap) allowing for greater control of object placement. Same goes for rotation, instead of only rotating 45 degrees you can rotate at 1 degree or so with the alt key. Again another way of greater object placement.(these were in the manual)

One of the loading screen tips also says that when placing floor tiles, hitting shift+f will go from full tile to triangle tile mode.

The mailbox and trash can, are movable but cannot be sold or placed in inventory. When your mail box has "Mail in it" The Mail man will get mad and throw your bills on ground and yell at em, but if there are bills in it, they will place "Mail" in it anyway.
  • Options
    BECKYB576BECKYB576 Posts: 344 Member
    edited June 2009
    :D:D
    happyjme wrote:
    I was reading the guid last night and found out a bunch of interesting things
    : "certain parcels of land (like living on the beach) give sims on them the beautiful vista moodlet"
    : You have to teach your toddler all the skills like walking, talking, and potty training in order to be able to pick their traits when they grow into a child
    : You can be demoted or fired from your job if your mood or hygiene is to low.
    : I knew we'd be able to play ghosts, but I didnt know we'd be able to have ghosts babies!!!
    : Daredevils never burn to death in a fire (someone said they couldnt get their sim to die)
    : sims with certain traits unlock diffrent interactiins only they can get
    : Pyromaniac is a hidden trait given to children of firefighter NPCs. Pyros can set things on fire and get a positive moodlet. They can turn a fruit into a flame fruit and eat it, they can also get an immune to fire trait as well
    :children of the burgler NPC may get a sneaky trait
    :if your sims make Ambrosia (you need Angel food cake and the deathfish) you can extend the sims life or feed it to a ghost to try and bring it back to life :)
    : Dads get days off when a baby is born too
    : If you want twins or triplets watch the kids channel or listen to kids music station. If you do both at the same time it increases the chances!
    : If you eat 3 apples you increas the chance of having a boy, eat 3 servings or watermelon and you increas the chance of having a girl
    :Kleptos can steal anything, even gravestones lol
    :if you are in the military carrer you unlock special interations to impress dates and friends such as show sim the jet or spaceship, it will increase they sims relationship

I hope that wasnt to much info guys!!! I just get uber excited LOL :)

How wonderful! I must go do some reading myself, these are wonderful things to know. Thanks so much! :D:D
  • Options
    CynTheSimCynTheSim Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This thread IS fabulous!

I noticed that when you create a new family, it will give you a difficulty rating. I'm not sure what it's based on (traits, etc) but a single adult gave me one bar of difficulty, and a family with 2 parents, 2 teenagers, and a child gave me 4/5 bars.

Quick meals are fantastic.

If you have the cheap shower, your sim will get a negative moodlet because the water was cold! Same with the stove--sometimes you'll get one that says the food was cooked unevenly.

And can I just say HOW ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN AMAZING it feels to be able to place things DIAGONALLY! I put my microwave on the corner counter and almost **** a brick. I also love that sims put dirty dishes on the same square. They pile up. WAY more realistic!

I also love how you can see how far into a painting or novel you are by the action bar. Pretty sweet.
  • Options
    CynTheSimCynTheSim Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know if there is a way to modify relationships? Like I want to be created as a young adult living on my own, but still have two brothers living with my parents. And have them recognized as parents and brothers.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey Cynn, Its based off how many sims you are going to control I think. I'm not 100% sure on that though. I know 2 adult sims and a child will be 3/5.
  • Options
    BECKYB576BECKYB576 Posts: 344 Member
    edited June 2009
    - Love the thread

I noticed that when a sim wants to sit on the couch, they can do it with a baby in their arms, instead of leaving it on the floor or putting it back in the crib.

If you buy a rubber ducky at the grocery store, the sims will play with it when they take a bath =)

If you have a private wedding MAKE SURE YOUR SIM IS WEARING THEIR OUTFIT FIRST!!! They won't jump into their formal outfits, they'll just get married in their everyday wear.

If your sim hasn't been working out, they have a hard time (I'm guessing this because my sim had an extremely hard time opening the dresser drawer, lol)

Sims get the moodlet "Pristine Picture" when they watch television on the big screen tv's.

Maybe this one is a slight glitch, but- When sims "Try for Baby" sometimes the Rock-a-By baby theme plays. Mine didn't once so I thought it didn't work, but my sim threw up anyways so I knew it worked then.

So far I've noticed that you don't have to take care of the flowers or shrubs outside (yay!)

No more glaring red Environment bar, only red moodlets that disappear after awhile.

When you move objects like a table or a desk, it moves everything, chair and all.

For gardening you must buy a gardening volume, they only let you read what your skill level says you can read. (I didn't know you had to buy a book for gardening, I figured it would be like the Sims 2 and you could just do it).

The coffee maker makes tons of flavored coffees.

You can move the mailbox and outside trash can without putting in a cheat first.

Your sims have the option "Woohoo" after they makeout, they don't need to be sitting on the bed first, they go to the bed by themselves.

I love that the lights can be set to dim, normal, or bright.

The counters don't need to be cleaned after every prepared meal, and the sims pick up their appliances and clean underneath them.

Something little but I like it: Your sims look behind them and back up when they teach their toddlers how to walk =)

Instead of bringing friends home from school without asking, there is now a pop-up that asks if its ok for them to go to their friends house.

Sims can have more quick meals, which means they come right out of the fridge--I got so tired of waiting for my sim to prepare cereal.

Your sims can get manicures, lol.

That's all I can think of for now, lol.

Happy Sim-ing!

About the manicure..... How? I just love this game! It's so much more fun than the others! :!:
  • Options
    KDavidson828KDavidson828 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2009
    There's actually a spa in town. Your sim can get facial treatments, deep tissue massages, manicures, pedicures, etc.

The deep tissue massage made my pregnant sim really happy, lol =)
  • Options
    seraphrevanseraphrevan Posts: 574 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Zoeslovely wrote:
    LOVE the "Arrested Development" references.......There's the "never-nude" trait, but also the Koffi household has a *** guy named "Gobias" which is a combo of "Gob" and "Tobias"

Loved that!!! Maxis has a super sense of humour!!

p.s Miss that show dearly!

There's also a Funke family.
  • Options
    Geminilynne18Geminilynne18 Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2009
    If you watch kids tv and listen to kids music at the same time while pregnant you have a higher chance of multiples. Eat three pieces of watermelon if you want a girl or 3 pieces of apples if you want a boy. Read that in the guide, posting for those who don't know.
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you know your sims can't burn to death!!!ahhh i tryed twice they just stand in the fire and scream its ******* me off i want a red ghost grrrrr.

I read somewhere that pyromaniac sims are immune to fire
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    ChaoticCowChaoticCow Posts: 147 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *If you have the police car you can click it while driving to turn on it's sirens!

• Options
    hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2009
    When visiting another Sims house they consider it rude if you cook for them and threaten to ask you to leave if you continue to behave in an inappropriate manner.

You can harvest apples, lettuce and grapes from a garden behind the science institute.

There is a different maid everyday.

Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    MoolymooPlayerMoolymooPlayer Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2009

I don't know if this is cause my sim is a computer wiz or just cause she's learning to fix things but you can upgrade things (toilet, sink, etc) to be auto cleaning!

SHUT UP! I can't wait my first sim is a computer wiz! YAY!
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I don't know if this is cause my sim is a computer wiz or just cause she's learning to fix things but you can upgrade things (toilet, sink, etc) to be auto cleaning!

Actually that is a handiness feature. Build up your handiness skill and eventually you can do that.
  • Options
    quesoycheesequesoycheese Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While fishing (I was fishing in the ocean), you can reel in a chest containing a "long lost" money tree seed to plant.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2009
    You can harvest lettuce and apples by the waterfall, also you can collect bugs and rocks there. I found blue topaz at the beach and i'm not sure where I found the diamond.

My sim was able to get left overs from a sim she visited, but they were all mad when she tried to shower there. She had an"embarrassed" moodlet. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you know that if a pregnant sim friend goes into labor when she's over at your house (or in town) you can click "bring to hospital" to accompany her to the emergency for the delivery and then you're automatically driven back to her house with her to bring the baby home..

I thought that was a cool features.
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • Options
    Angaluqe764Angaluqe764 Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009

You can get your neighbors wife pregnant!
  • Options
    Jennielee8Jennielee8 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ivn200518 wrote:
    :lol: When your baby is in his/her high chair, you can click it for an option to feed the baby some leftovers that are in your fridge. Of course you stick it into the foodprocessor first. >.< I fed mine a blended goldfish sushi roll :)

I didn't know they could do this, but it all makes sense now, i saw my sim putting waffles in the foodprocessor and didn't know what her problem was LOL i thought it was just because she was insane! HAHAHAH!

You could do this in the sims 2 also. =0)
  • Options
    aquarian93aquarian93 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    a sim with bravery as a trait will not burn in fire...they extinquish it. Learnt that today.

if you have a maid, it will be a different one everyday.
    My sim has fun sleeping :P

I fired one of my maids now only one comes every day
  • Options
    Jennielee8Jennielee8 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2009

It actually has to due with your mechanical skill. I'm not a computer wiz and I can upgrade my stuff and make it unbreakable. It's cause I have a high mechanical skill.
  • Options
    grinsgrins Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, these are really awesome tips and I'm learning a lot just by reading the posts! Keep 'em coming :D
  • Options
    luvdegenx1974luvdegenx1974 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ha! You can have triplets! My sim is a clean sim, and I just click on the floor of the house and get the option to clean house is anything at all is messy.
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2009
    The Repo Man yells "Git 'er done!!" when repo-ing your stuff. Jerk.

The perfectionist almost always prepares "Good Quality" and above meals.

If you're friends or friendly with your neighbors and a burglar tries to break in they'll rush over and try to fight him before he makes it into your house. They don't always catch him in time.

lol.. First time I saw my neighbors rushing over and jumping on the burglar I was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸?? Sure did appreciate it tho!

That's all I can think of for right now..
  • Options
    SandyRose240SandyRose240 Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i invited someone out for drinks and then we went back to my house after and they fell asleep in my bed. so i told my sim to get in the bed, but he threw up on the sleeping sim. i couldn't stop laughing

Haha. I'm laughing because that was just so upright. I will definetly have to try that. xD Hahahahahaha.