The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rexy's Guide To Editing (Have an Edit that You're Really Proud of? Post Here!!)

Comments

• Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Finally have some free time after finishing up the semester and moving back home :D

Just stopped by to soak in all the massive talent from everyone who posts here. I swear, every time I leave for a little bit and come back there's just like this massive, community-wide improvement. It's astounding.
  • Options
    alvernaalverna Posts: 4,244
    edited May 2012
    Doing a new banner for my blog (about time, too! My current one is ANCIENT), and I was wondering if I should add/change something?

bannerndn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ooohh, very pretty Alvie!! I love the moodiness of it. The only thing I would say is that the right side of the photo feels a little empty, especially compared to the left side. I love the reflection of the moon, but I think if you added some bird silhouettes in the sky and maybe some jumping fish, it would balance things out a little.
    Or, if you were going to have the title of your blog added in somewhere, all that might be totally unnecessary :lol:

Funny though, I actually just updated my blog's banner too! What do you guys think? I was trying to mix sci-fi/futuristic with ancient Roman/Arab with an Assassin's Creed sort of feel. Here it is on my blog so you can see it with the rest of the layout!

(Click it for full size)

Infiltraitor1.png
  • Options
    JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I love it Rexy! I love Assassin's Creed, so that's right up my alley XD
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Aw thanks Jewels!! Hug_emoticon.gif Forgot to mention, the photo's is titled Infiltraitor (intentionally misspelled). :D

It feels so good to be doing simmie-type things again. I just hope I can get this thread and 'SMS back on a roll after my absence!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm sure you'll do fine, Rexy!

I've been working super-hard on my hair drawing. I've pretty much got skin-shading down, and I can fix poses and hair to an extent. I've definitely come a long way!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ooooh that's awesome!! dance.gif I'm really looking forward to seeing the amazing stuff you can crank out with those new skills, Jewels!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Rexy! And the photo's right side is lighter than the left side because the title will be there ;) Oh, and love the picture!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mynanluvsrpatzmynanluvsrpatz Posts: 602 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I love that Rexy! Reminds me a bit of a dotor who episode where they go back to Ancient Rome...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    here's some of my latest stuff. The pics were just for fun. YAY BOREDOM

tumblr_m46lv2gGzZ1rq0wdxo1_1280.png

tumblr_m46lv2gGzZ1rq0wdxo2_1280.png

tumblr_m46lv2gGzZ1rq0wdxo3_1280.png

I recently got Photoscape so I've been playing around with filters. I think I overuse them XD
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @Alvie: Ah well then it's perfect! Do you have a different blog now, one that's not Elegance is Awesomeness? I just want to know so I can follow it ;)

@mynan: Aww thankss!! I've been meaning to start watching that show...I've seen like half an episode and it was great haha.

@Jewels: WOW, I can definitely see improvement!! Really gorgeous job. Love the outfit you put together too :) Looking forward to seeing more, along with your hair drawing!
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited May 2012
    That banner looks awesome Rexy :mrgreen: Very very sweet. Good to see you back!

@Mystic, gorgeous picture, would make a great in-game painting :D:D

@Jewels, really really good work with those shots. Her dress is SWEET.
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thank you Cele! It's nice to be back :D

So glad you chose to use your Inspiration Assignment 3 photo as your profile pic...it looks sweeeeet!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks guys! <33
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you Cele! It's nice to be back :D

So glad you chose to use your Inspiration Assignment 3 photo as your profile pic...it looks sweeeeet!

Aw, thanks Rexy :D I wasn't sure anyone really like that picture. It had to grow on me, but I'm trying to make more pictures like it. Gotta post shots of those darned extras on my blog somefrikkinday >_<
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @Alvie: Ah well then it's perfect! Do you have a different blog now, one that's not Elegance is Awesomeness? I just want to know so I can follow it ;)

Same one :)

@Jewels: Nice!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That banner looks great with the title, Alvie, and I love the new background :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks! Glad it worked!
  • Options
    horsesrox76horsesrox76 Posts: 2,654 New Member
    edited May 2012
    My Canvas Popart assignment, took about 5-6 hours of work xD Made the background myself, basically everything except the sim and the unicorn was either made from scratch or heavily added to and edited xD Enjoy :S

CanvasPOPART.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @Alma: Very cool! I love how much is going on in that photo. Every part is interesting to look at, but it doesn't feel cluttered. I actually wish the pools of blood on the floor were just a teeensy bit lighter shade of red though, to match the blood on the walls. Otherwise though, you should definitely be proud of that photo!

@Horsey: Oooh, so much color!! I love that you made so many elements of the photo yourself, it really makes it unique. This is kinda nitpicky, and I'm not sure if it's from in-game, but the side of the unicorn's left wing is really flat. It looks like it's cut off a little or something. Either way though, I love it! So glowy :lol:
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2012
    Simanims wrote:
    wanted to share the before and after of my latest inspiration pic ^_^

inspir5chess.png

Simanims! I can't get over this picture, I love the random chess pieces scattered everywhere, I love your pictures so much.

Got a new picture here, titanic themed

underwater2.png
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited May 2012
    thank you Harry *hugs* and that picture is truly amazing :)
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited May 2012
    I am really proud of this edit. It took about 2 and a half hours! O_O

What do you think?

finshbeach.jpg

What I did
    •Cut out the sim
    •Skin shaded
    •Drew the skirt
    •Drew the shirt
    •put the sim on the background. :P
    •added a lens falre
    •and some other odds and ends

Edit: Oh and this is my first time clothes drawing and skin shading(sorta on the skin shading. I never finished the shading before. I got like one arm, spazzed out and quit. So my first full skin shading)
  • Options
    ladybug65ladybug65 Posts: 696 Member
    edited May 2012
    This was for Epic Designs and I got first place. Woohoo!!!!!!!! 8)

2prbj42.png

I posted it without the covered up parts but I soon realized that this forum doesn't allow pixelized 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I changed it though
    2lijr.png