The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rexy's Guide To Editing (Have an Edit that You're Really Proud of? Post Here!!)

Comments

• Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I am slowly (BUT SURELY) coming back to the simming world this summer! :)

To start off, I've started a new blog dedicated to my sims work AND others, so I thought I'd post it here and hope you will all take a look and tell everyone about it?! also, if any of you submit your work on there, I would totally look at it and possibly post it :)

just click my signature to get there!
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2012
    My Le Raunche picture~

7264183684_2b0347e219_h.jpg"width=640"
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited May 2012
    @Harry: That's beautiful, very striking. I love the feeling of realism in all of your photos, especially with this one. It's so refreshing to see something other than a pretty young adult female posing somewhere.

@mvande: I can definitely tell you put a ton of work into that! Having said that, I think the skin shading is fairly excessive. It's easy to go overboard with it. Try to think in terms of softer, more subtle lines. I find the ones here a little too harsh. Nice work with the clothes drawing though, especially for your first time! I'd like to see a little more depth by highlighting the shirt where her chest is, and possibly distorting the stripes so they match the contours of her body. Really though, awesome work :D

@ladybug: I swear, every time I see you post something, it shows such vast improvement from the last photo I saw from you! Your skin shading is just to die for; I love how it matches the shading in the background. I would like to see a little more highlighting and shininess on the hair though, to match the rest of the pic. Congrats on winning with that though! Totally deserved :)

@Izzy: YAY I'm so glad you're gonna be back! Definitely gonna keep an eye on that blog :D

@Jake: Oooh, so fierce! Mind if I ask what you did editing-wise? Really like the detail of your backgrounds by the way, they never feel too empty. What skin do you use? And where is that swimsuit from??

EDIT: Woah, sorry for the novel guys hahaha.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks, Rexy. :)

Pretty much all I did with that picture is sharpen, and then lightly shade (no highlighting anywhere) down her sides, from elbow to water. Then, I had to recreate the reflection in the water. She had some protruding hair from behind that looked weird to I had to fix that by redoing parts of that palm tree next to her in the background. Also, I had to add in a whole new shoulder/armpit area, because there was a bunch of hair and I couldn't draw to make it look natural. Otherwise, that's it pretty much. Some sharpening, maybe some curves editing.

I use one of Epheremea's skins, can't remember which one :lol: and I have nooooo clue where I got the suit x.x TSR probably.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited May 2012
    I know there are some flaws here. (I need to fix the right area) :oops:
    This isn't complete but some of the hair drawing I started for SMS.
    FIRST EVER ATTEMPT,I think it went okay. :D
    11jsxoi.png

Image's by Reiya for SMSSETSTRUT.
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @Jake: You're welcome :thumbup: I think that subtle editing can do SO much, honestly (case in point, your photo). Haha and thanks for letting me know! I've been pretty CC hungry lately :lol:

@popstar: You have a really nice shape going, it looks very natural! I would work on crisping up the edges, though, since hair isn't really blurry. Seriously great, though, for your first try!!

Here's a few photos I did for my new story over at my blog. I didn't do a ton of editing on them because there were several photos, but I'm happy with the little things I did.

GJSqU.png

VzcDo.png

mmnlF.png

- Enhanced the shading/highlighting on skin/hair/environments
    - Added sunbeams shining down through the trees
    - Added moss on rock
    - Added in teardrops
  • Options
    popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited May 2012
    @Rexy: Thanks!
    I appreatiate the advice.
    You know I love those picture's,you have great skills! ^-^ <3
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Of course! Hopefully it helped you out :3

Aw and thank you!! :XD:
  • Options
    lmcarrotcakelmcarrotcake Posts: 568 Member
    edited May 2012
    Assignment4-2.png

le raunche :)
  • Options
    midnightskyxomidnightskyxo Posts: 459 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Beautifuuuul!<3 Love it! :)
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited May 2012
    zinn5t.png
    This is my legacy founder of my newest legacy, just broke up with her boyfriend and thinking about changing her hair.
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited May 2012
    @Rexy: Thanks for the advice and I really love the girls eyes. If you didn't write what you had done I would have thought it was just like that. A really superb job. :D

@Carrot: Thats really pretty...period. :D

@TheFlame&lt;---Didn't know what you wanted to be called. She looks kind of pinkish/redish. Maybe a little too much sun?
  • Options
    JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited May 2012
    @Rexy; I went on a hunt to find the swimsuit that Jake's using in that picture on TSR and I've found it! It actually comes from a set but I'll link the individual pieces of the swimsuit. Here is the top and here are the bottoms.

:D
  • Options
    Scruffy19Scruffy19 Posts: 2,665 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Amazing photo's! :D
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Assignment4-2.png

le raunche :)

0___o Stunning. :mrgreen:

@Jake: Your's was hawt too. xD
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Here's my first edit in FOREVERRR I'm using it as my entry shot into Flawless Cycle Three.

2euqu5u.jpg

I'll be the first to admit I jacked up my model in some parts, but what can you do after you haven't edited in almost a year. How you guys like it?
  • Options
    CreatureFearSimsCreatureFearSims Posts: 234
    edited June 2012
    My RP character on Simagination. :)
    I adore him.
    Vinnie <3

Some contouring, shading, drop-shadows, muted colors, and enhanced eyes. So not much, but I think it made a big difference. :P

191mpe.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Here's a little in-progress picture that I'm working on editing for face-off over on Unbound, I got really good at editing makeup all of a sudden (At least compared to what I was before) after reading one of Bliss's tuts, it was great. The hair is in VERY early stages but I'm happy with the makeup, I might still tweak it later, but I'm happy with what I did in three hours or so. :D

x4448z.jpg

This is what I started with:
    jrs5c6.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I edited it to include more details I added. :]
  • Options
    435q435q Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited June 2012
    1.) These edits are so amazing! I forget how phenomenal everyone here is!

2.) So, my little cousin dropped my bamboo tablet down the stairs. I wanted to kill her, but it still works...sort of. The pen button broke off, and the whole thing is laggy and slow. Incidentally, I wanted a new one. I'm trying to decide between another Bamboo or this. Does anyone know how well the inkling works?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm kind of over the Inkling. It seems like transfering and uploading would be more work than is necessary...
  • Options
    sweetstop7sweetstop7 Posts: 1,379
    edited June 2012
    Beachy.png
    blooddiamonds.png
    Bathingsuit.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    All done! The hair could still use some work, but whatevs. :] I'm pretty happy with what I got. I've spent about 4 or 5 hours on this and I think it's one of my best hair draw attempts ever, if not the best one. I feel really good about the makeup, too because I used Bliss' tut and some of my own knowledge. I didn't add a background yet, but I don't think I want to. I might end up adding one anyways if those annoying random blurry colors show up on here. But, I'm happy with what I have. :]

Before:
    s4ur8l.jpg

After:
    30x9yfl.jpg
  • Options
    GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hey guys, it's me George. Remember me? :P Been gone for so long, my simming laptop is broken for nearly a year and I won't be able to fix unless I get a new one. Anyway, I found some old screenshots I took and I thought I'd put together a new edit. :D

raspberryvampire.png

Here's the original:
    raspberryripple.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    georgiegiegiegiegieige♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

lovely difference, but the hair needs some more texture
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012