The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rexy's Guide To Editing (Have an Edit that You're Really Proud of? Post Here!!)

Comments

• Options
    SmileyNatSmileyNat Posts: 380
    edited April 2012

Looks awesome, Horsey! There's a really rough patch under her right (Our left) eyebrow which is kind of strange though :)

• Options
    CreatureFearSimsCreatureFearSims Posts: 234
    edited April 2012
    1ysw39.png

Click image for full scale.
    Pose in the image is new and will be uploaded later on Simagination.
    It's a hover pose, so pretty much only useful for fantasy photos. But still pretty cool. It'll only be view-able & downloadable to the members though.

- Minimal Body Contouring, Shading, & Highlighting.
    - Full Head of Hair Drawn From Bald Sim.

Well, there it is, my first hairstyle drawn with my new graphics tablet! Not bad considering it felt like I was using my left hand the entire time (I'm right handed, it's just hard to get used to).

Amazingly, it took me not even 1/3 of the time it takes when drawing with a mouse. I can't imagine how quick it'll be when I get used to it!

yes, I see a few flaws, but I was just wingin' it anyway. My next one will be a lot better. :D:D

I hope you guys like!

EDIT: A bit better a bit improved.

35id2ye.png

Click the image to view full scale.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DramadramadramaDramadramadrama Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2012
    I just stumbled upon this thread and OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: i am in shock you guys are amazing.... I will never have the talent you have... Keep up the good work i have look through about 100 pages of this thread and am in awe of you guys... Love the work :mrgreen:
  • Options
    horsesrox76horsesrox76 Posts: 2,654 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Evie...o.o Glad to come home and see that, it brightened my day xD :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Horsey! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Aaaaand another ;)

Orignial photo by Harry here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/402255.page

2z9blnr.png

:D
  • Options
    Scruffy19Scruffy19 Posts: 2,665 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Wow, Evie! Your photo's always have this super edgy feel to them, your editing skills are amazing! :D
  • Options
    TheMeeepMoopTheMeeepMoop Posts: 2,194 New Member
    edited April 2012
    This is my new picture for Epic Designs, Beech's new editing-only competition on unbound. The assignment was "shattered".

Shattercopy.png
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited April 2012
    @Mystic, she looks like a DOLL, I would kill to have a doll that actually looked like that too! Awesome job :mrgreen:

@horsey, that's really interesting -- people used to do face plastering and it would look so....off. This is, like, Face Plastering Master Class lol. That's really something...I couldn't even tell what you had done at first, it's so detailed and carefully crafted. Wow...I could never do that lol.

@Evie, let's mind meld so that I can learn to do that and be as kyooool as you, I'm being serious here! And the second picture you posted, <333 I love seeing hair drawing featuring curly hair.

@Meep, Hahaaaaa cooooooool! That's eerily similar to an idea I have for my Inspiration assignment picture, something I've been wanting to try. That's so cool, with the white lines and everything. How the heck long did it take to make??
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    horsesrox76horsesrox76 Posts: 2,654 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Aww thanks Cele ^.^ Im not really a fan of photoskinning skin or face plastering, but I thought Id give it a go, I like expanding my skills, so one day I might be like you, evie, jillie, nims or Harlee x3 :)
  • Options
    435q435q Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited April 2012
    So, new hair!

SuyU7.png

How is it?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    @Evie, let's mind meld so that I can learn to do that and be as kyooool as you, I'm being serious here! And the second picture you posted, <333 I love seeing hair drawing featuring curly hair.

Thanks Cel! You're too sweet. :)
    I agree, curly hair is the best to see on Sims. But it is definitely hard to achieve. I'll get it perfected some day. :P
    Aww thanks Cele ^.^ Im not really a fan of photoskinning skin or face plastering, but I thought Id give it a go, I like expanding my skills, so one day I might be like you, evie, jillie, nims or Harlee x3 :)

Your photos have gotten a bazillion times better since I left the community and came back. I'm not saying your older photos were bad, but seeing your work now, my jaw practically hits the floor Horsey. You've improved so much, just in that short amount of time too. I'm in no way as good as Jillie, Nims, or Harlee. But I must admit, seeing my name up there with theirs is quite flattering lol!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    435q wrote:
    So, new hair!

How is it?

I think it looks good!
    I would add some shine, and some longer fly-aways to complete it. :)

Great work though, I can't do blondes for some reason, I'm way better and brunettes. :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TheMeeepMoopTheMeeepMoop Posts: 2,194 New Member
    edited April 2012
    @Cele Shmanks <3<3<3 It took me about an hour to do the whole thing, I can link you to the tutorial if you want?
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Inspiration :)

Before:

Screenshot-137.jpg

After:

inspir31.png

• Options
    mynanluvsrpatzmynanluvsrpatz Posts: 602 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Nims, love the shading and hairdrawing! Is that Damian/ Drake in the front? More importantly is it sad that I can recognize him from the back? :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Newest!
    This was for the pinup challenge.
    I was going to add flyaways, but I figured it looked best this way since it was mean to be a pin up style photo. (Perfect Woman)

sbpycy.png

Click image for full scale.

Click HERE to view the before and after.
  • Options
    sweetstop7sweetstop7 Posts: 1,379
    edited April 2012
    Luv that Evie!

Here's one of my newest edits.
    BB-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sweetstop7 wrote:
    Luv that Evie!

Thanks Sweet!

How in the world did you get her dress to fit so perfectly?
    I tried using images for clothing in the past but they always ended up looking wonky.

Beautiful pic :)
  • Options
    sweetstop7sweetstop7 Posts: 1,379
    edited April 2012
    aww, thanks. Well, I went hunting through many wedding dresses. Then, once I've found one, I go in-game and use a pose that is similar to the model in the dress. Then, I put my model nude on a white background, take the pic, and put it into gimp. I cut the dress off the model and paste it onto my model. With a lot of resizing and cuting and rotating, I managed to make it fit, and that's about it. one hour and thirty minutes minimum I think.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks sweet!

I'll have to give it a go after judging on Inspiration. Maybe I'll actually get it right now that I've improved a tad on editing. :P
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Nims, love the shading and hairdrawing! Is that Damian/ Drake in the front? More importantly is it sad that I can recognize him from the back? :lol:

ahaha yes, yes it is! Damian to be precise (apart from with a rather pirate style ponytail) and I think it's awesome you know a Blake brother from behind, they would be very pleased xD
  • Options
    mynanluvsrpatzmynanluvsrpatz Posts: 602 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Nims I love the little ponytail, it's little details that really add to the photo :P

Sweet you edited on that wedding dress perfectly, and you matched to sims saturation to the background really well! The only thing I would say is add some shadow- without it you can kind of tell she's pasted on. I'm so jealous of how you cut her out :shock: , I can never get it right!

Evie ...Wow! The hair drawing you posted at Unbound was great, but this is probably the best hair drawing I've ever seen! I actually thought it was real hair you'd edited on at first, it's so good! So jealous... And that skin shading is awesome!

I've had to drop from all my competitions due to game issues -.- . I've got it all fixed now, but decided I'm gonna take break from modelling, just for a month or so, until LBB cycle 3 starts up. SO I'm just gonna be practising my editing for a while- it would be great if I could get lots of critique!
  • Options
    alvernaalverna Posts: 4,244
    edited April 2012
    Did an entry for Sensation's Face Off, round 2!

Before:

5Uepk.png"width=700"

After:

faceoff1.png"width=700"

I:
    Re-cut
    Fixed skin
    Drew her hair
    Drew her dress
    Added her earrings
    Re-drew her eyes
    Drew her makeup
    Added a shadow
    Added the background
    Added eyelashes
    Added pearls
    And re-drew her eyebrows

Comments?
  • Options
    435q435q Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited April 2012
    435q wrote:
    So, new hair!

How is it?

I think it looks good!
    I would add some shine, and some longer fly-aways to complete it. :)

Great work though, I can't do blondes for some reason, I'm way better and brunettes. :P

Thanks! I was way too lazy to make fly-aways, lol...For some reason, I find it easiest to make blond hairs.

K1APG.png

Ignore the smudgy on the top.