Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Red County

Comments

• Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited March 2010
    Oh Em Ge! I love this world and want it!
    I been wanting a city for so long and I love how you designed this. Very well done.

Are you going to test it before you release it? I would really love to download this world when its done but since I have not downloaded any worlds yet I want to be sure it works.

Fantastic job either way. I wish EA would take a hint and start making cities. Maybe you should work for them : )
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, me again. Sorry for the pause in updates, I've been overcome with real life, but I am still working on Red County. Currently I'm ironing out those annoying road tears and in general making the world look it's best. I've also redesigned the airport which took up a bit of time, but now the world has a big international airport based off LAX, with terminals your sims can go inside. I'll post pictures later, but I wanted to drop in with a note to let you guys know I'm still alive, as is Red County :)
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited April 2010
    Nice pics so far. Just bookmarked this too!
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wait wrong forum? Shouldn't this be in the SIm city forum :lol:. This is an amazing world and the downtown buildings are just so fantastic.
  • Options
    l3wil3wi Posts: 54 New Member
    edited April 2010
    WOW ! this is just amazing !! Congrats ! PLZ MAKE SOME VIDEOS FOR YOUTUBE !! L3wi GaGa ♥
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited April 2010
    simbilN99 wrote:
    Wait wrong forum? Shouldn't this be in the SIm city forum :lol:. This is an amazing world and the downtown buildings are just so fantastic.

Nah, that place is just desolate. They don't even need Moderators or Gurus. the game has been out for about 2 or three years and the forum has barley had 1000 posts. EA screwed up big time there.
    http://simcitysocieties.ea.com/community/forum/

And I thin k that this town looks amazing. Are you building it completely yourself, taking some stuff off the exchange? Dose it require CC, store items, of SP/EP packs? :shock: this looks like it will be great. :thumbup:
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited April 2010
    Walden95 wrote:
    simbilN99 wrote:

Nah, that place is just desolate. They don't even need Moderators or Gurus. the game has been out for about 2 or three years and the forum has barley had 1000 posts. EA screwed up big time there.

It was really ment to be a compliment on how well he made this world in the likeness of sim city. I was joking on the forum bit. I guess I fail at humour :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited April 2010
    Your world looks amazing, I love the style of the lots and the town does have a great California feel to it. I can't wait to see more.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Update 5 posted on main post. Let me know what you think!
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited April 2010
    ...WOW! Your amazing attention to detail and obvious patience make me want to tackle making a large world!!!

The airport is stunning...I'm assuming it's all CC though, unless I've not been paying enough attention to the Airport building on community lots...?

Everything looks really REAL, for lack of a better word.

Again, wow!
  • Options
    ColinMakColinMak Posts: 6
    edited April 2010
    WOW!!!! Your world is just amazing and stunning! I can't wait to download it, my sims must LOVE it!!!
    But i got a question, how did you build those high-rise buildings? :?:
  • Options
    merrynutlumpmerrynutlump Posts: 59 New Member
    edited April 2010
    wow this looks so so SO good ! bookmarked it ! cant wait until i can download it ! AHHH i need it now :P lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey everyone! Its been awhile since i've made any updates but I have been working on this world. I bring good news for those concerned about my use of custom content from the Sims 3 store: RED COUNTY WILL NOT REQUIRE ANY CUSTOM CONTENT. The only thing it will require is World Adventures. I've gone through every lot and replaced all store items with base game/WA objects. I figured this will allow a wider audience to enjoy the map, and those who wish to add store items can do so, and those who don't have any won't feel obligated to buy them. Red County is almost finished and will probably be in Beta status real soon! Stay tuned for updates.
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited April 2010
    Ooooh I am so excited!!!! I want this world bad! Its so amazing and like the other simmer said, realistic looking. Are you a secret Sims developer? lol Your talent is extremely impressive.
    Please keep us posted. I am anxiously awaiting this world!
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited April 2010
    I really like this very much, very well thought out.
  • Options
    SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited April 2010
    I want it It is really great
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2010
    This maybe better than an San Andreas recreation and I'm not just saying that because the name is relevant. I just wish there was even more towns and perhaps a Las Vegas counterpart.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Update 6 Released! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited April 2010
    really looking forward to this! i like the new update :)! its great to see that there are homes for rich and poor, id love to see an overview of the map, its amazing how you've managed to fit so much in a large map, it always feels a lot smaller when its being built up, but you've pulled it off some how, i shall keep looking back for more updates :D
  • Options
    KebeonKebeon Posts: 7 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh. My. God.

This world is so fantasticly absolutely amazingly marvelously superb that I don't find words to describe it. XD
  • Options
    DancingSimmerDancingSimmer Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2010
    Very nice! Got an estimate on when this might be released? No need for an exact date. Just curious.

I love your creativity and I love the layout. The realism is just fantastic! Your attention to detail is stunning. Great job!

Very excited for this. =)
    I'm AneurinK on the gallery for The Sims 4. Look me up.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi, All that is left to be done is to build a few more houses, and then test the world out to be sure it works as intended. After that, I do a few finishing touches (if any) and then it will be released :) I'd imagine probably sometime next month. June at the latest.
  • Options
    Bran34Bran34 Posts: 9
    edited April 2010
    Wait, if I install this map, even though I don't have WA...What would happen? Like, will my computer blow up in my face, or will it just replace/delete a few objects that are WA...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys! Update 7 is on the main post. It features heavily requested Satellite images of Red County. Enjoy!
  • Options
    ProfPlumbobProfPlumbob Posts: 355 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Kebeon wrote:
    Oh. My. God.

This world is so fantasticly absolutely amazingly marvelously superb that I don't find words to describe it. XD

I think you just used 5 :mrgreen:

This is exactly the world I have been waiting for. It's huge, has a TON of residential lots(I think I counted over 70?! That's gonna be one BUSTLING town!), and the best of all IMO...DIVERSITY of wealth! It's hard to get towns where you can get a good migration because there isn't a proper flow of starter homes to middle class homes, to wealthy. Even EA towns are massively guilty of having too many expensive homes and not enough starters, or enough mid class for lower income to eventually move up into. You sir have a wonderful diversity of neighborhood wealth!

I am anticipating the release!
    Post edited by Unknown User on