Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Red County

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited May 2012
    Cyberqueen, While I was never able to successfully dl your save files, you inspired me to get back to ones of things I so love about the Sims games, designing and creating. I decided to make my own changes and updates and so have been working on it for the last couple of days. I have been really having a lot of fun. I havent had the patience to add cars to all of the houses but have done with some. I went around fixing the things that needed fixing including that old middle house by bulldozing it and putting a dog park there and see if it works today. If it does not than I will bulldoze again and make it a "no visitors" lot. I have added different venues from Pets and some clubs and hangouts made by my by very creative friends over at the WA new adventures thread. Also spent a lot of time furnishing that beautiful cliff house on 30 Seaspray Lane for my sim. I saved my pretty much finished update and have started up my "play" version after adding some of my different sims from different games that my friends and I have created.
    Costerboi I live in Northern California but have visited the L.A. area a number of times, and you have really captured the look and feel of not only Southern California but also parts of the central valley. Great job.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2012
    CQ, I don't know which zip or rar program you have. I use 7-zip and all I have to do is to right click on the name of my file and select 7-zip, then click on 'Add to (name of game).zip' or something to that effect, which will create a new zip file in your Saves directory. Then I just move that zip file to wherever I want to keep it, then upload it to mediafire.

I'm pretty sure your program must function in a similar way. Just look for an option that contains the words 'add' and 'rar' or 'zip' or something to that effect. Hope that helps!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited May 2012
    HappySimmer3: Thanks for the help, will look into that and see what I can do.

Rukaya: I'm sorry that the save files didn't work for you, but I am glad that the thread has inspired you. That is always great news. I look at different online Sims related magazine (find list in creative corner thread) to get my inspiration;)

Happy simming.
  • Options
    cacove43cacove43 Posts: 109 Member
    edited May 2012
    This is one of my favorite worlds! I didnt know you have updated it so i will be looking where to download files. Thank you for your hard work its a great world to share!! :):)
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited May 2012
    My sim is living in the house on 30 Seaspray Lane. I saw the funniest thing yesterday. I saw the paperboy deliver the paper by running through the empty lot by her house down the side of the sheer cliff to the beach, across to the stairs to her house up the stairs leave the paper on her lower deck, down the stairs and back up the sheer cliff. He sort of sinks into the cliff while he is zooming up. :D I plan to see about turning the Mall into a visitors allowed area and call it a Hangout. I checked it out and have all kinds of ideas for all the different areas.
    Tangie I do have the different programs for opening files, but I guess the idea of creating new files seemed too much confusion particularly after not being able to dl before. and all joined with the idea of wanting my imagination to run free got the better of me. Sometimes I need to do what I really enjoy doing. It is so easy to just dl other people's great ideas, and forget to challenge myself. Designing and creating whether places or people has always been one of my favorite things to do. I get bored just playing all the time and need to take a break from that and exercise my brain.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2012
    I agree, Rukaya! That's why I've always said that building a house - or a world for that matter - is just another way to play the game. The variety of ways to show creativity is one of the things I have always enjoyed about the sims. I'm so glad you are having fun! :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited May 2012
    Everyone in Hillwood, Red County is talking about the famous magician that's coming to town today.

33a9ges.jpg

Everyone EXCEPT Alicia Keys.
    2ia7sx5.jpg
    This diva's got her OWN shows to think about :wink:
    htdvur.jpg
    Well, anyway, my friend Vay's performer put on a nice show.
    10h3sd3.jpg
    There were a couple of mishaps but nothing too serious :wink:
    2w1saqs.jpg
    There were times when I was nervous.
    30n84l5.jpg
    53k9jo.jpg
    Even a few celebrity types were at the show. cough**Robin Thicke**cough
    A little name dropping :wink:
    sc8i0n.jpg
    All in all it was a good show!
    2iqzhao.jpg
    Red County would welcome THIS magician back anytime :mrgreen:
    2cy1oiw.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JackmontcJackmontc Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just a quick note to say, thanks very much.

Was interested in your world since the start of CAW when I saw it pop up in the forums, but at the time I had a rather dodgy pc desktop which often struggled to even open Sims.

Therefore I regrettfully did not challenge my computer and the name Red County lost my interest subconciously, as 'I never could have it'.

I used to trawl through forums searching for worlds to play and had to ignore yours.

About a year ago, I got a Macbook Pro, to help with work, I uploaded sims onto it, via Bootcamp, and played Sims happily on a fast computer.

Today I came across your world again by chance - and thought, might as well try. Sure enough it works and I am currently playing it - and enjoying it so much that its 2 in the morning (local time)!

In the end, not really a short message,but just wanted to show my appreciation for all the time you have put into this fantastic world!

Jack
  • Options
    bettynewbie2bettynewbie2 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2013
    WOW! I haven't tried this world, as I think my puny computer couldn't handle it, but I have to say the screenshots look exactly like the real life towns they depict. I lived in Orange County for 40 years and know those areas well (I lived in Costa Mesa). GREAT JOB!
    Very cool!
  • Options
    x_mynameisangelx_mynameisangel Posts: 138 New Member
    edited February 2013
    WHOA! This world looks AMAZE!:D Hope it'll work since I don't have WA :)
  • Options
    M0N7YM0N7Y Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Cyberqueen13 i wanted to download your save file but its not there i was hoping there was another way to get it that could be so good
  • Options
    Stephb11Stephb11 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi there. Im just wondering if there is a save file for red county? as when i downloaded it, it says it was populated, but when I went in game, the town has no families whatsoever. If someone could point me in the right direction, would be great! thanks.
  • Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    edited April 2020
    Stephb11 wrote: »
    Hi there. Im just wondering if there is a save file for red county? as when i downloaded it, it says it was populated, but when I went in game, the town has no families whatsoever. If someone could point me in the right direction, would be great! thanks.

Where did you download this? The one on the Exchange says that it is not populated. See here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2791535
    Firby nurbs!