Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Red County

CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
Welcome to Red County!

I've been working on Red County since the Create a World tool first came out! Red County is, as the name suggests, a county not a town. It consists of three 'towns' that are separated by mountain ranges, and each hold different personalities and atmospheres. One of the towns, Emerald Beach, is located on the coast. Santa Hannah is located inland. It is home to both lower class neighborhoods, wealthy gated communities, and a bustling downtown. Out in the desert, River Springs is a rural town with a small population full of farms, mobile homes, and small homes. Currently the world holds around 200 lots, spawners, and many fun places for your sims to explore!

screenshot12od.jpg
River Springs

screenshot15sz.jpg
Emerald Beach

screenshot16tyh.jpg
Santa Hannah

googlemap.jpg
Street Map

Notes and Warnings

- Requires World Adventures and Ambitions.

- Red County is a LARGE world with MANY lots. This world wasn't built with low-end machines in mind, so here be warned!

- Red County is an expensive place to live. Most houses are too expensive for the typical starting amount of 20,000. Before moving your sims in from other worlds, make sure they have at least 30,000 simoleons to start their new lives comfortably!
*For binned families who havent lived anywhere prior, there is a trailer park they can chose to live in River Springs, or the nearby homes, or they may purchase any of the empty lots.

-Be aware of the possible LONG commutes to and from work in this map! It could take up to a whole game hour for your sim to commute depending on distance and circumstances.

-There are more than enough residential lots in the map. As a result, the population control AI may do weird things to your sims due to the population limit of 200. It is recommended to change a few unused residential houses to Commercial: No visitors as a fix.

-Red County does not have an art gallery.

Ambitions Update Notes

-This update no longer requires the invisible light CC. You may delete it.

-Firefighters may want to update the horsepower of their engines ASAP. There is only one fire station, and emergencies can happen anywhere in the county. Get my point? ;)

-Custom weather has been implemented into this world. Sun sets at 8pm, and nights are darker and less blue to compliment the cool lighting effects of downtown.

-The mobile homes have been relocated to River Springs to make room for the new junkyard. In addition, the mobile homes are now affordable, fully furnished, with the starting budget of one sim ($16500)

-All houses are now furnished with basic essentials (beds, tvs, couches, dressers etc) in addition to their already fully furnished kitchens and bathrooms.

-Added a residential penthouse loft in downtown as a nice preview for Late Night

DOWNLOAD:

PLEASE READ NOTES BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

titlebn.jpg

Comments

• Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Whoa, I really like this country especially because it has two separate towns
  • Options
    teoSimmer3teoSimmer3 Posts: 317 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow, this is AMAZING!!! Please post an aerial view of the county. Can't wait to download!
  • Options
    GlosoliGlosoli Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow, I'm impressed! This is really inventive and definitely has a southern California atmosphere to it. Great work, I'm excited to see more. :]
  • Options
    SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited March 2010
    really great looking
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited March 2010
    Coasterboi, Why dont you register your world in the World index at the top of this formun? It looks awesome and I am sure others who use the index regularly would love it! That way all of us can find it when you are done. I would love to down load it based on just what I have seens so far!!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited March 2010
    Very impressive. The most realistic `big City` world i`ve seen so far.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited March 2010
    Interesting idea with the faux golf course. So California certainly has enough of them.
  • Options
    LttlsprrwPlyLttlsprrwPly Posts: 163 Member
    edited March 2010
    I really like it and especially the divided towns. I will be keeping an eye on this for when it's available. I also agree, register it.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2010
    That's awesome! I do hope you're planning on sharing because a lot of people are looking for a city-type town. :)
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! Yes, I plan on releasing this world, but the lots will not be part of the world file, since edit in game takes forever to load WITH custom content enabled (CC is required because some lots use CC, and if i delete the cache folder, the items will all revert to vanilla game objects, making some lots look odd) I plan on releasing a saved game with all lots as to go around this, though.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! Always check back for updates!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
    edited March 2010
    This is really nice, very city-like and modern. I've been down south a few times - and this is pretty darn accurate, too. :) Can't wait to download this. I'm sure my simself would love it.
  • Options
    teoSimmer3teoSimmer3 Posts: 317 New Member
    edited March 2010
    NOOO!!!!! Please, no custom content!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh don't worry. All custom content I use is official Sims 3 Store content. Having this content installed isn't required, but it is recommended. What will happen is just a few doors and windows will revert to other base game objects. They can easily be replaceable if poven bothersome.
  • Options
    rae92rae92 Posts: 215 Member
    edited March 2010
    Your world looks beautiful! I can't wait to download it :D
  • Options
    ANNIE69ANNIE69 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Your world has got to be the best!..I love those trailers and those beautiful houses...And custom content is always a plus..Looking forward to the day you finish so we can all enjoy your hard work..
  • Options
    Megs1116Megs1116 Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Dude, seriously, this has to be the most awesome town EVER!!! You put an area for the insanely poor AND the insanely rich! That really kinda looks like the Spectrum! And you've got all the Cali shops and everything! There's a skyline! It's like walking into my own backyard! California love! Awesome! Can't wait to download my own home! hahahahaha, the irony... Really though, props to you, you're like, my new hero or something :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey folks! I've added an update to what i'm currently working on! Check the main post to see it! That's where all updates will be from now on for ease.
  • Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited March 2010
    WOW, this is amazing :|
  • Options
    CourtNL11CourtNL11 Posts: 4,329
    edited March 2010
    That's amazing!! Wow, I'm just speechless. Spectacular!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks guys! Your feedback means alot. I've decided to release this world in one sims 3 package, lots included instead of what I said earlier about a saved game instead. Today I faced the harsh loading times and plopped down all the lots I've made so far (took like 6 hours) but it's all done. As soon as I finish building all the homes I want to, the world will be released. It's complete as far as designing the landscape goes.
  • Options
    auschick7auschick7 Posts: 2,637 New Member
    edited March 2010
    OMG!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!!BEST WORLD EVER!!!!!!!!!! Just one question tho: will there be people already in the world cause i hate having to make so many households to fill a world properly. Will bookmark this forum and wait eagerly for release!!!!
    PEACE OUT!
  • Options
    onmyown1986onmyown1986 Posts: 149 Member
    edited March 2010
    This looks absolutely fantastic so far, I will definitely download it when you release it. Am happy to test play it if you want test players.
  • Options
    lorddonklorddonk Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I love this... I have been looking for a real "city" based world since I live in a small town I want to play in a real city to see what its like :) So far the two that I find most promising are yours and the other world based on LA in California :D Guess I really need to move to CA... Best of luck with your world I can't wait to see it at completion :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Update 4 is on the main post! Check it out!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited March 2010
    WOW that looks very very professional hope you will be able to upload it successfully

Good Luck
    I for one will download and recommend it as soon as its available

regards

Starby
    Simming since the beginning! :)