Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ExOtIc Sim! A Modeling Competition ~ Assignment 3 Aubrie! please submit your photo! TT-TT

ColorSplash.jpg

Everyone did really well this assignment, but unfortunatly someone is leaving us today. Here are your scores in highest score, to least:

Niwa Daisuke ~ darkslayer

INDUSTRIALREVOLUTION.png[/quote]

Scores:

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Uniqueness: 10/10
Appearance: 5/5
Background/Set: 10/10
Pose: 5/5

Total: 30/30

Comment: I always give praise and respect when it is due, and it is due. Your picture rocked, to me it was perfection and I really can’t find anything bad to say about it. You are a master and I bow to you! LoL, keep it up.

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.)5/5
Background/Set 9/10
Pose 5/5

Total: 29/30

I never would have thought about doing the industrial revolution, good work!

Magenta Cook:

Uniqueness: 9/10
Background/Set: 9/10
Pose: 4/5

Total: 25/30

I think you did very well again this assignment. You never cease to amuse me with your wonderful pictures! I think you did well on the Industrial Revolution but I had to mark you down a bit on the background because.. (they didn't have dumpsters back then) XD.

86/90

Tied for second place:

Blake Williams ~ lunabear

Screenshot-25-1-1.jpg

Scores:

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Uniqueness: 7/10
Appearance: 4/5
Background/Set: 5/10

Total: 20/30

Comment: I thought you did an ok job capturing the era. Her dress and everything looked nice. I thought your set was ok, I just wish it looked a little bit more distinct, as in a bit more like the era you were going for. The cars outside and the other house you could see through the window really threw off the vibe for me, as did the stereo and TV (you know rockabilly was big in the ‘50s… they had none of that stuff, or at least not that modern looking.)

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Background/Set 10/10
Pose 5/5

Total:30/30

I thought everything about this picture was beautiful.

Magenta Cook

Total: 29/30

Loved it. I think the era you chose was perfect for Blake and even when there was another sim she didn't take away from your exotic sim (:. The background was awesome and I just loved it.

79/90

Amelia Lockehart ~ Squally

raaaaaaaaaawr.png

Scores:

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Background/Set: 8/10

Total: 23/30

Comment: It definitely looked Chinese, but I don’t know about how ancient. I do suppose over there though they really keep a sense of history so you can go anywhere and find architecture from hundreds of years ago. I liked your photo overall, thought it was really pretty. My only qualm was the pattern you put on her dress, it looked very wrong to me for the era you were going for.

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Background/Set 10/10
Pose 5/5

Total: 30/30

I loved this picture! Good job!

Magenta Cook:

Uniqueness: 8/10

Total: 26/30

The set was really outstanding, it looked like a real Chinese home! I think Amelia's positioning was great, it worked really well with the conept of the photo. It reminded me of how she was waiting for her husband to come home because he was at war, the pattern on her dress is a little modern, but over-all good job.

79/90

Kali Tate ~ cassie2090

29on8xu.jpg

Scores

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Background/Set: 7/10

Comment: I liked it overall, thought you did a good job. Good choice of background, clothing, perfect pose and all that. I thought your model looked a little squished or disproportionate, something about her size in the photo is really throwing me off. You left a bit of the line around her leg area when you cut her out from whatever background she was on previous. But other than that it is a cute photo.

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.)4/5
Background/Set 10/10
Pose 4/5

Total: 28/30

The only thing I counted off on was she looked stretched out of proportion other than that very good.

Magenta Cook:

Appearance: 3/5

Great photo :-D I liked the background and the way you had Kali set up was great, I really got the concept of the photo but I just can't seem to name wha it looks like XD. The only thing is that Kali looked a bit squished but other than that great job :3

77/90

Lexi Stone
~ Kaliko103

lexiassign2.jpg

Scores

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Uniqueness: 6/10
Background/Set: 7/10
Pose: 2/5

Total: 18/30

Comment: I thought you did alright on this assignment. I thought your set choice was appropriate and fit your era. I might have chosen a different outfit but the one you chose was alright. I thought your model’s pose was boring, and her expression really freaked me out. And her husband also just looked bored. The lighting in the picture wasn’t the best either.

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Background/Set 9/10
Pose 4/5

28/30

At first I thought the lighting effect was strange but the more I looked at it the better I liked it. The only thing I didn’t really like was your models looked a little stiff.

Magenta Cook:

Appearance: 2/5

Total: 21/30

The background was great but Lexi and her husband's expressions were... Bland :-/ they were just standing there staring into space. You really could've done so much more TT-TT

67/90

Luna Maru ~ snowkitsune06

e.jpg[/

Scores

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Uniqueness: 6/10

Total: 16/30

Comment: Your picture was ok. The only thing really that fit your era was your models dress. You didn’t try for surroundings that looked distinct to the era in any way. The pose she had was ok, just standing there I guess enjoying her garden, but she looked kind of lifeless to me. The lighting wasn’t all that good either; it cast a shadow on your model and made and didn’t really brighten her up or make her stand out.

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.)4/5
Background/Set 8/10
Pose 4/5

I would have liked to see something more in the background, maybe you could have put a castle off in the distance.

Magenta Cook:

Total: 22/30

I think the era you chose was really unique and the set was like Luna was in a garden of sorts, I would've liked to her her in a better pose because she was just standing there.

[size=18]Bottom Two ): [/size]

Karlie DeGeinero ~ aubriesrocks2

Screenshot-43.jpg

Scores

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Uniqueness: 5/10
Background/Set: 4/10
Pose: 3/5

Total: 12/30

Comment: Your picture was just ok. If I just looked at this and tried to guess what era you did I wouldn’t be able to. It’s just three young adults hanging out in a field (or something). Your background setting was just ok, really kind of lacking in anything fun or creative. The picture itself was dark and kind of dull. You left the head-line-effects on which is always a HUGE no-no for me.

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.)3/5
Background/Set 7/10
Pose 5/5

Total: 25/30

I hate being so nitpicky but I wish the skill bar hadn’t been in the picture. Also when I think of hippie I think more of long hair and crazy colors.

Magenta Cook:

Background/Set: 6/10

Oh noes! skill bar of dooooooommm >,< I had to mark you down on that, the setting over-all was O.K. it looked like they were in a hippie area so it worked. The only thing is that I wasn't that fond of the position Karlie was in, I'd rather she was facing us other than turned at an angle.

Flutter Magic ~ Sugar_And_Sparkles

2mcdsh0.jpg

Scores

Vancarmiel Castiel:

Uniqueness: 4/10
Background/Set: 1/10

Total: 9/30

Comment: honestly I had no idea what was going on in your picture. Even with your explanation I was still confused as to what was going and what you were trying to convey. The background set was really poorly done, you could have taken that shot in any lot you downloaded or built with a kitchen or something and just that would have made the shot loads better. Your model is supposed to look like whatever era she is trying to convey, and she didn’t. The lighting was bad. I didn’t understand her pose or what she was doing. I just think you could have, and should have done so much more with this photo.

Andromeda Sefron:

Uniqueness 10/10:
Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.)2/5
Background/Set 6/10
Pose 4/5

Total: 22/30

You had an interesting idea but I didn’t like that she was wearing her green outfit while the other girls were wearing work clothes, and I would have liked to see more machines in the background.

Magenta Cook:

Uniqueness: 5/10
Pose: 3/5

Total: 13/30

Well, you got such low scores from me because the picture wasn't what I was expecting from you, is a way I could put it :/. Flutter's outfit isn't very fitting for your era setting, and the background was OK I liked how you added detail with the maids, but you could've done so much more.

~~~~~

I'm sorry Sugar_And_Sparkles but you've been eliminated.

Assignment 3 is going to be on the next post.

Comments

• Options
    xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Assignment 3

My Converse On The Red Carpet

Your exotic sim must wear their signature look on the red carpet, no matter how quirked up it is.

Rules
    ♦ Editing is allowed, but not required, so please don't over-do it

♦ Please no bad comments, this is a place of love and happiness (just kidding xD but still not hurtful comments)

♦ Please no arguments with/about judge scores, they'll help you improve (:

♦ One photo per assignment (unless rules state you can for that assignment) *you can also mesh them together.

♦ Have fun (:

Models

sarah_0223 with Penelope Jackson :wink:

cassie2090 with Kali Tate :mrgreen:

Squally with Amelia Lockeheart :mrgreen:

snowkitsune06 with Luna Maru :wink:

aubrierocks2 with Karlie DeGeinero

Kaliko103 with Lexi Stone :mrgreen:

Darkslayer with Niwa Daisuke :mrgreen:

lunabear with Blake Williams :wink:

:mrgreen: = Turned in
    :wink: = Saw the Assignment
    :evil: = Dropped Out

Due Date Is Next Monday 5:30 EST time
    Extentions are very doable, so please if you need one just say so!

sarah_0223 had immunity for last round, this round she must hand in Assignment 2 and Assignment 3's photos (:

Any questions? Please ask!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Congrats to Darkslayer.. again!

Thank you very much, judges, for the scores. But it might be just me being dumb but.. I don't quite understand the next assignment. ^^;

What exactly are you looking for?
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2010
    I won again?! Wow...

Seen the challenge but to be honest I'm not sure if I get it. I already have an idea for Niwa's signiture style but... from what I see of red carpet (and I'm really not a close follower of celebrity and all that at all) they just kind of stand there and smile really false...

What is it that you want us to convey? Just the outfit like a runway show or...? Sorry I'm probably being really stupid.

Edit: Typo :oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hey Squally and darkslayer, sorry for the confusion let me explain.

What is your model's favorite outfit that represents her/his personality? Have her/him wear it on the red carpet or something else no matter how weird/odd it looks. Also, have their personality show on the red carpet with a pose that represents them kinda, kick all the "just standing there" thing in the face with this assignment :P

Do you get it now? :D
  • Options
    SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited February 2010
    @Miracle: I think I do! So basically they'd be attending a red carpet event, dressed in a out there outfit that represents them?
  • Options
    snowkitsune06snowkitsune06 Posts: 824 New Member
    edited February 2010
    \o Seen it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes, Squally, and I added more (:
  • Options
    sarah_0223sarah_0223 Posts: 4,502 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Seen it :) I'll get both in ASAP ^.^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think so ^_^
  • Options
    ilovesims56ilovesims56 Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited February 2010
    Cool Comp :3!
    Bump! ~Start Dancing~
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @darkslayer:
    Awesome :thumbup: ask anymore questions if you need an answers (:

@ILS:
    Hey :D thanks! ^-^
    *starts dancing*
  • Options
    ilovesims56ilovesims56 Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited February 2010
    @darkslayer:
    Awesome :thumbup: ask anymore questions if you need an answers (:

@ILS:
    Hey :D thanks! ^-^
    *starts dancing*

haha np!
    How's everything going?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

haha np!
    How's everything going?

It's goes, I guess q:
    How's it for you?
  • Options
    Kaliko103Kaliko103 Posts: 9,402 Member
    edited February 2010
    i've seen the assignment
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @Darkslayer: I have a question for you...

In one of my modeling competitions, my sim has to portray love. The thing is, I hooked her up with Niwa prior to that assignment.

So, my question is... I was wondering if I could feature him in one of my photos. I would give you credit and everything, of course. If not, I'll just find her a temporary love :P

They're so cute together btw, look (this isn't for the assignment, just gameplay pictures):

20i9nkm.jpg

rh6fep.jpg

10726as.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Awwwwwh T.T <33
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Awwwwwh T.T <33

I know, huh? ;)
  • Options
    cassie2090cassie2090 Posts: 577 Member
    edited February 2010
    seen it :) will start working on it now
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @sarah_0223: Aww they look so cute together! I am also amused that you actually got him to smile, he's a grumpy diva in my game XDD

I really feel honoured that you want to use him in another competition so by all means feel free to use him, just take care that his hair colour doesn't detract attention away from your model ;)

Edit: If he knocks her up you'll have to post the results, I haven't had him produce any mini-divas yet. The idea of him having kids amuses me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've got Niwa all dressed up for the challenge but I'm still puzzling over the red carpet part. I think it's just because of what I've been exposed to via the media but does it have to be a conventional award ceremony red carpet (as in the look of it etc) or can I just go wild and create my own thing that has the feel of a red carpet shindig?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkslayer wrote:
    @sarah_0223: Aww they look so cute together! I am also amused that you actually got him to smile, he's a grumpy diva in my game XDD

I really feel honoured that you want to use him in another competition so by all means feel free to use him, just take care that his hair colour doesn't detract attention away from your model ;)

He only smiles when he flirts xD

I'm so glad I can use him! I had started the picture when I was waiting for your response, and since it wasn't a complicated pose/shot, I'm pretty much done... already o.o

But you're right... his hair is really stealing the show o.o It's a good thing that Serenity is in the front, if not she'd be totally ignored xD

Thanks once again! I'm going to go write the little description and post it now ^.^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @sarah_0223: If his hair is stealing attention I'd recommend turning it black. I tend to do this when his streaks just wouldn't fit in for the shot (like the industrial revolution one I did).

It's typical of him... he's pretty and he knows it XD (Edit: Though he has competition in my neighbourhood now I moved in my Sherlock sim)

I'd love to see it when you're finished ^_^

Edit: I'd best be off actually. It's 12:10am and I have work in the morning ^_^; I'm looking forward to see what everybody comes up with. Niwa's ready and I know what pose I want him to do, it's just the set that's going to give me trouble methinks.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @Darkslayer: ...Oops, too late xD

Oh, is Sherlock your avatar? If so, he's pretty darn gorgeous... but no one beats Niwa ;)

Here's the picture... it's basic, but sometimes less is more ^.^

155gi69.jpg

If you want to read the backstory, here's the link to the competition (Go to the first page to understand why the story is like that ;)):

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/167642.page#2024955

• Options
    aubrierocks2aubrierocks2 Posts: 2,119 New Member
    edited February 2010
    saw
  • Options
    lunabearlunabear Posts: 1,299 New Member
    edited February 2010
    'Kay i've seen it!

(and btw those pics r sooo cute! Niwa and Serenity are so cute together!!!!)