Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidler's Epic Building Challenge (Due Date:03/15/11)

Comments

• Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2010
    Evergreen & Cera;

I need you to add me to your friend's list at the BB. The type of P.M. that I can send you if I'm not on your list, doesn't have any options for attaching anything to it.

fidlerten

Done
    A couple questions, park must stay park? Or can boundaries be sorta crossed? Like say a park with a pool? Or a park with a small restaurant like we can build with WA? Or maybe a nectar seller? What limitations are there for this park to remain a park?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I have a community park like area in mind, but it's not just a park.
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited March 2010
    Will do fid- Off to see Alice in Wonderland!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited March 2010
    yanti68 wrote:
    Also, I would love to take part in the Park building challenge. So please include my name in the amateurs' list!

I don't know Yanti.... I think that little piece of hardware you won this time around means you are in the pros now.... Lol. Welcome. :D And yes I think your skill set deserves to be here. You have become a great builder. And from what I have seen, you always been a great landscaper. :o)
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited March 2010
    Fid, definitely put me down for an entry for this one too.

A couple questions, park must stay park? Or can boundaries be sorta crossed? Like say a park with a pool? Or a park with a small restaurant like we can build with WA? Or maybe a nectar seller? What limitations are there for this park to remain a park?

MeestorMark,

I've got you down as ProEntrant 3.

A pool is allowable. The restaurant isn't as I don't want any structures except a bathroom. I'm going to keep this basically a landscaping challenge so that those who are best at landscaping have the upper hand here. Even a bar is allowable as long as you don't build a structure to go along with it.

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yanti68 wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    yanti68 wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    yanti,

I thought you were a member of the BB but I couldn't locate you. Please let me know where you want the medals sent, the same as all the other winners.

fidlerten

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that! I am not a member of BB or Simmers Society! Is it possible for you to send it to my email address? Thanks for taking so much trouble! :D

I'd be happy to yanti; you will need to get me your email address some way though.

fidlerten

Hi Fid,

I am now a member of the Builders Boulevard! So if you could please post my medal there. My screen name is Yanti! So you can find me easily! Thanks again for taking so much trouble! :D

Also, I would love to take part in the Park building challenge. So please include my name in the amateurs' list! :-)

yanti,

I sent a link for your medals. Also I sent MeestorMark a link too. I couldn't figure out how to upload them like garbuckle. I hope it works alright.

I don't think you read all the rules yanti. I made a rule that the Amateur Gold winners will no longer be considered amateurs. So, you can no longer enter the Amateur challenge. You're a Pro now. I entered you into the pro challenge. Let me know if that's alright but you no longer qualify for the amateur challenge. Which means you're just too good to compete with the amateurs. LOL!!!

You're ProEntrant 4.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fid, definitely put me down for an entry for this one too.

I have the same question as MeestorMark. Will you allow tombs? Or is this a showdown for landscaping only with simple entertainment like chess area, swing and barbeque grill.

if tombs are allowed, im not good at that :(

Hey Pogi,

I'm sorry, no tombs. That would make our parks also graveyards which I don't want. I want this to mainly focus on landscaping and if we allowed tombs, then we would get into all kinds of things.

Are you going to enter Pogi?

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cera13 wrote:
    Evergreen & Cera;

I need you to add me to your friend's list at the BB. The type of P.M. that I can send you if I'm not on your list, doesn't have any options for attaching anything to it.

fidlerten

Done

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I have a community park like area in mind, but it's not just a park.

Cera,

I sent you your medals too at the BB. I'm waiting for Evergreen to add me as a friend to send his.

Cera, it depends if the community park has structures besides bathrooms. I see now that I need to add a new rule. No other structures.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    New Rule!

I've added a new rule to clarify things for everyone.

14. New Rule: No structures allowed but bathrooms. Also, no underground structures either. This challenge is focused on landscaping mostly.

fidlerten
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm not yet sure if I have the time to design a park, but I want to participate. Don't put me yet on the list
  • Options
    jadedcat1983jadedcat1983 Posts: 401
    edited March 2010
    I would like to enter the amateur category please. I have never been featured on EA so I assume I qualify?

Jaded
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited March 2010
    Do structures include pergolas and the like?

I might enter... I'm horrible at landscaping but I haven't built anything in Sims in ages.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would like to enter the amateur category please. I have never been featured on EA so I assume I qualify?

Jaded

Hi There Jaded,

I've got you down as Entrant 1

Good Luck!

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tamlyn wrote:
    Do structures include pergolas and the like?

I might enter... I'm horrible at landscaping but I haven't built anything in Sims in ages.

Hi Tamlyn,

I'll allow pergolas. I really didn't know what they were when you asked so I googled them. Pergolas, gazebos, those kind of things that doesn't have walls I will allow. There are some old fashion parks that have gazebos, or band stands so they would be nice.

Let me know if you want to enter. I'll put you in the amateur challenge. This would give you a great chance to get better at landscaping. And though you win or don't win, you'll have fun doing it.

fidlerten
  • Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited March 2010

fidlerten

Please put me down for the park challenge in the amateur section.

This is my first time enterying one of your challenges, and I have not been featured by EA.

Also just to clairify you did say we could build a Gazebo in our park?

Lil
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    fidlerten

Please put me down for the park challenge in the amateur section.

This is my first time enterying one of your challenges, and I have not been featured by EA.

Also just to clairify you did say we could build a Gazebo in our park?

Lil

Hey LilSapphire,

I've got you down as Entrant 2.

Yes, a gazebo is allowed, as long as there's no walls.

Good Luck!

fidlerten
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi Fid,
    this is a fantastic idea, I love parks!

I'd love to join, but since I've never built anything for your challenges I'm a bit unsure if I should join the amateur or pro section, could you give me some guidance of where I would fit in if you take a look at my builds? I have never been featured, but I have won the Lot Of The Month on BB and a BnS.

Oh, what size should the lot be?

Thanks
    T

Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited March 2010

Here is my entery for the Parks Challenge

Link to showcase pics:
    th_PleasentViewParkCover.jpg

Exchange:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2136545

4shared:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/245846319/7258e506/Pleasent_View_Park.html

Thanks Lil
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2010
    fidlerten wrote:
    yanti68 wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    yanti68 wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    yanti,

I thought you were a member of the BB but I couldn't locate you. Please let me know where you want the medals sent, the same as all the other winners.

fidlerten

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that! I am not a member of BB or Simmers Society! Is it possible for you to send it to my email address? Thanks for taking so much trouble! :D

I'd be happy to yanti; you will need to get me your email address some way though.

fidlerten

Hi Fid,

I am now a member of the Builders Boulevard! So if you could please post my medal there. My screen name is Yanti! So you can find me easily! Thanks again for taking so much trouble! :D

Also, I would love to take part in the Park building challenge. So please include my name in the amateurs' list! :-)

yanti,

I sent a link for your medals. Also I sent MeestorMark a link too. I couldn't figure out how to upload them like garbuckle. I hope it works alright.

I don't think you read all the rules yanti. I made a rule that the Amateur Gold winners will no longer be considered amateurs. So, you can no longer enter the Amateur challenge. You're a Pro now. I entered you into the pro challenge. Let me know if that's alright but you no longer qualify for the amateur challenge. Which means you're just too good to compete with the amateurs. LOL!!!

You're ProEntrant 4.

fidlerten

Wow! I am a pro now! Almost hard to believe! :lol: Looking forward to building the park already! :mrgreen: Thanks for the medal link! I am going to check my BB account! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2010
    yanti68 wrote:
    Also, I would love to take part in the Park building challenge. So please include my name in the amateurs' list!

I don't know Yanti.... I think that little piece of hardware you won this time around means you are in the pros now.... Lol. Welcome. :D And yes I think your skill set deserves to be here. You have become a great builder. And from what I have seen, you always been a great landscaper. :o)

Hi Mark, it is very flattering to know that I am one of the Pros now! I can not believe it! :mrgreen: So I better keep my two feet firm on the ground and try not to fly too much from your lovely compliments! :lol:
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2010
    I've never done a park before...add me to the amateur list please!

Yanti-Congratulations on going pro!! You'll do great!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tota wrote:
    Hi Fid,
    this is a fantastic idea, I love parks!

I'd love to join, but since I've never built anything for your challenges I'm a bit unsure if I should join the amateur or pro section, could you give me some guidance of where I would fit in if you take a look at my builds? I have never been featured, but I have won the Lot Of The Month on BB and a BnS.

Oh, what size should the lot be?

Thanks
    T

Tota,

I've seen some of your work and I think you are a pro. But, you do qualify for the amateur so it really is up to you. You'd probably have a better chance of placing in the amateur but I think you can hold your own in the pro. So you decide.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Here is my entery for the Parks Challenge

Link to showcase pics:
    th_PleasentViewParkCover.jpg

Exchange:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2136545

4shared:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/245846319/7258e506/Pleasent_View_Park.html
    Thanks Lil

LiLSapphire,

I've got your entry down. You really only need one upload link so I entered your TS3 link.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cera13 wrote:
    I've never done a park before...add me to the amateur list please!

Yanti-Congratulations on going pro!! You'll do great!

Cera,

I've got you down as Entrant 3.

Good Luck!
    fidlerten
  • Options
    xxmccxxxxmccxx Posts: 56 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I'd like to join at the amateur level if I may,

M.
  • Options