Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forums not appearing on Google Search

jlapaojlapao Posts: 69 Member
edited January 31 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Not sure if anyone else has this, but for some reason, searching for "sims forums" or "sims official forums", or any other variation that would normally provide links to this website in Google, no longer works. It shows the EA Answers forums for The Sims 4, but not these.

The only reason I can access this site is because I have it on my web history and as a bookmark.

Has Google's Search Engine Optimization decided to consign this website to oblivion or something?

Comments

• Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    Yep, this forum has been scrubbed of google, the EA website, all social media, and is never mentioned anywhere. You have to remember it exists and know the exact link. The help section of the forum was also redirected to AHQ, Which has the added issue of all historic knowledge being gone. It *may* be as simple as SEO, but that's hard to tell.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Rob1992 wrote: »
    Yep, this forum has been scrubbed of google, the EA website, all social media, and is never mentioned anywhere. You have to remember it exists and know the exact link. The help section of the forum was also redirected to AHQ, Which has the added issue of all historic knowledge being gone. It *may* be as simple as SEO, but that's hard to tell.

It hasn’t been removed from the EA website. If you go to the Sims 4 page, there’s a big link at the top that says ‘Forum’ that takes you here. I can understand why the Help section has been moved to AHQ as it means all the issues can be grouped together in one place, which must make it easier for the devs to see what they are.

I’ve found this forum difficult to find for as long as I’ve been looking here regularly (probably around 2 years now). If I remember rightly, just a few months ago @EA_Cade said this was an issue they were going to look into — i.e. it’s not intentional.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Rob1992 wrote: »

As FreddyFox1234 has mentioned, the older help threads have been moved to the Forum Archive and marked as "Read Only".
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-archive