Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Goth Galore - Official Screenshot Thread

Β«13
EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
Oh my Goth! Welcome to the official screenshot thread for Goth Galore, we're just about to update our LiveJournal and bust out the Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

ts4-castle-goth-newsroom-3.png?im=AspectCrop=%2816,9%29,xPosition=0.5,yPosition=0.5&w=1455

Please utilize this space for all your moody, angst ridden (and from personal experience, in about 20 years, a bit cringe πŸ™ƒ) needs.

-EA_"It'sNotAPhaseMom"Cade
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I like the dress and the gloves and the coat. I'm not a goth, I was expecting more lace and less buckles.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited January 16
    53468617118_0e5dbe82db_h.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-16 at 3.45.08β€―PM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    I have so much goth cc in my game, this could get lost in my create a sim catalog. This is new generation Goth fashion. I think these two looks are the best looks from the catalog. I love the way the hooded jacket looks and I have some cc like this but it's not as good quality as this. And the outfit Cassandra Goth is wearing is so cute! πŸ–€
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I like the Bonehilda and roses T-shirt. The platform boots also look lovely.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I like the new Teen Gothic Wears. ;) I was hoping for some long gothic historical dresses & gothic historic suites. Oh well. :'(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really like the look of the leather jacket besides that I'm disappointed not seeing anything pictured on the vote there. I was hoping to get the items from the picture we voted on none of the hairstyles are there really wanted the male one no snake tattoo the shear mesh t-shirt is not there or the belt with the skull on it and most importantly the long leather jacket the male sim is wearing is not in this pack.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I love the long long boots, the spike earrings and quite a few pieces of clothing. The makeup will certainly make the sims look more gothic. I’m hoping the overcoat and outfit under comes in black too. I will have to make a goth club for my teen sims, lol.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    I'm not into goth, but if there had been something I liked I'd get it. Unfortunately, by the look of the items there's nothing that appeals to me so I won't be buying this kit. Honestly, I voted for the other two kits but I'll probably buy the castle one
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 17
    You think if I'm really quiet, would they notice?

G33gnir.png

Cassandra too, is attempting no buy and shopping her closet first

Wz4dUcr.png

I could have sworn we have similar top to the first one but apparently just full body outfit?
    Nvm apparently that was in The Sims 3 Nightlife, my poor brain struggling
    also there is similar necklace but it doesn't show on top of this outfit *sighs*

there is also big t-shirt similar to the one in this kit in HSY but its full body outfit so no adding pants hmn
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    @Simmingal Your pictures highlight well that the kit offers more to the goth style we already had in the game, but not goth styles we were missing.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    These definitely fit how most of my main characters dress. Goth fashion is pretty broad spectrum but I like several of these pieces. I'll definitely buy it. I do want the colorful kit eventually too.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    You think if I'm really quiet, would they notice?

G33gnir.png

Cassandra too, is attempting no buy and shopping her closet first

Wz4dUcr.png

I could have sworn we have similar top to the first one but apparently just full body outfit?
    Nvm apparently that was in The Sims 3 Nightlife, my poor brain struggling
    also there is similar necklace but it doesn't show on top of this outfit *sighs*

there is also big t-shirt similar to the one in this kit in HSY but its full body outfit so no adding pants hmn

Thanks for showing what we can already do with existing content in this style.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Was hoping for some more pieces that would stand out, especially that oversized coat with he chain.

That skirt looks like any skirt we've had with such a flat mesh, kinda like the one from DHD pack. Just some minor tweaks to it.

I like the pieces for the guys more so than the females. Plus gloves and the boots are good other than that I'm pretty 'meh' towards it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    As a goth who really wanted a goth pack, I am disappointed and some items look what what really already have and not very goth nor does it seem like many items that were unique. I was expecting more like what was shown in the concept art at least as that was partly why I voted for it (and maybe we would get winklepickers. fishnet accessory or some new hairs to go with the kit or a hat). I wasn't expect goth music or band shirts;but was expecting more than what is being released.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    musteni wrote: Β»
    @Simmingal Your pictures highlight well that the kit offers more to the goth style we already had in the game, but not goth styles we were missing.

yeah I was hoping for different goth styles not just more stuff to style we do have
    but to be fair if this is the goth style you were looking for in particular then the kit will probably be useful
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    edited January 18
    now I got addicted to trying to find stuff that looks similar in cas :lol: more sims for those interested
    GAbzsXG.png
    also idk what the hotpants and top will look like since those were not on any sims in screenshot
    but I think these might work for those
    FXr3o5e.png
    funnily, I'm not using much of Vampires
    maybe thats why I didn't like this kit so much
    its clearly more for Realm of Magic/Werewolves type of looks
  • Options
    edited January 18
    There is a handful of alternative styles I like in create a sim catalog that are official, but I am grateful for more because there is not nearly enough, and not as specific to goth style. I mean I have like tens of thousands of cc files dedicated to this style. I will not complain about a kit because you get it if you want it, but you don't need too. I tend to prefer maxis match , and when they make this mesh, for cc can be made in this shape. Really this is for vanilla and console players, but this maybe the first cas kit I get, just because. It's not exactly my style of goth, but I'll take it.
    Real goths don't need to go to a Goth specific store to make a goth look. It's their creativity and in the old skool days it was a lot for thrifting and custom tailoring to make a look. I actually think it's adorable and I will be making new storylines based on this new kit.

Are they trying to be goth?

53471677088_a28ced2a11_k.jpgMV5BY2Q1MWQxMWEtNGZiMy00Yjc0LTkzOTgtZWYyYjExM2VkODliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgyODE4NTE@._V1_ by leucosia x, on Flickr

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Awesome stuff, @Simmingal! Great use of the makeup as well! I love your black and white designs especially, I have a few in that color theme.

I'll follow your lead and share some of my own that I've had. I've recently picked up a couple of CAS kits that have a good piece here and there, but haven't had much chance to use them yet. Some of these styles I did a long time ago so I'll probably update in the near future after I get the Goth kit. :)

I find that designing gothy sims doesn't have to be limited to just clothing aesthetic. Makeup, hair, (we need more goth hair!) and facial expressions and features as well as jewelry and accessories can bring a lot of identity to a Sim.

Mariana Deep, my goth Mermaid. Outfits and closeup on makeup:
    Bt0VlmZ.png

zXXSZfR.png

hIYCV0e.png

pUeeVMT.png

Mer Form. She wears the rain hat in this form because it's waterproof. But still gotta keep that sun off her pale face, lol. :

ZnPuFtu.png

Vee White, my sort of "pastel goth". I wanted to choose hair that didn't look as gray, but more stark white. Sometimes I like to use different hairs for different outfits to show mood or circumstance. I figure her hair has a natural wave to it (sleepwear) but she's always trying to straighten it to be more gothy :D
    SUh8jpX.png

Iirxg9i.png

pxjGQdd.png

hCXtw9j.png
    Vee lives with three other goth/punks. Violet Gray is somewhat of a cyber goth. She uses hair extensions a lot so her hair changes color and length often:
    JhIzxW4.png

pyeXHmC.png

bzng0on.png

H4wH3zV.png

Knox and Beejey are the dudes who lean a little more punk/casual:
    gfBvIaN.png

fmbZ2Uh.png

JzrfEzB.png

WPMB6rs.png

Crystal Blaque is my street mage. She's a little wild, to say the least. I figure she's one of those out-of-control Spellcasters who is stirring up the Society in the Magic Realm because she keeps setting places on fire, lol:
    hAL0bZk.png

QNUGe3h.png

WlFzGOp.png

HLSlxpr.png

Then I have a group I call "The Humbugs". I made them for the holiday Spark'd gallery event. They live in a haunted house. Shelob Widow is probably the most "classic goth" of the bunch so I'll share her wardrobe, but I went with a black and white theme for all of them.
    DFGVxZf.png

fJg3VtE.png

NwLZqsS.png

X7HO8nc.png

And the others:

Lx5E6HR.png

And here's a couple of random goth boys but I'm only sharing some select outfits. One isn't done yet and the other needs polishing/updating.
    Phoenix Crow goes to uni:
    9CBWF3D.png

Wyvern Foust is new, and a vampire:

rFCKeib.png

So that's it for now. There's obviously some pieces I use a lot, like the wide brimmed hat. But I really wish they'd add a lot more black swatches to all of the CAS items, especially for kids and younger, because goth people in my game (and Occults) can't properly dress their children. I'd also really love black swatches added to all of the awesome Get Famous costumes, particularly the Victorian dresses and hats. They would make beautiful mourning garb. I'm still disappointed that we only have like, three swatches of each. Please add more! It would make all of the dark-hearts happy. Well, as happy as we're going to get, I guess, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 18
    LiELF wrote: Β»
    I'd also really love black swatches added to all of the awesome Get Famous costumes, particularly the Victorian dresses and hats. They would make beautiful mourning garb. I'm still disappointed that we only have like, three swatches of each. Please add more! It would make all of the dark-hearts happy. Well, as happy as we're going to get, I guess, lol.

I totally agree that more swatches would be amazing for the costumes. I had a Victorian themed save at one point (it's long gone now) and I mostly used those outfits and some of the vampire outfits with a handful of CC. More swatches in a variety of shades would have been ideal for me. Dark swatches of the Get Famous Victorian costumes would also suit vampire and spellcaster sims really well too. And I have to throw out a vote for the 18th century costumes having more variety as well (and I wish those weren't locked to the career path).
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't know why people were pressed about it I like it, and we have a lot of stuff to mix it with.
    SXWakDIh.png
    9H48tFlh.png
    Mjf0XLEh.png
    hV9Fi7Fh.png
    tZo6eV2h.png
    AJG1m2wh.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    If anyone can check the new hoodie on a female Sim and see if their eye shape changes or is it just my game, that would be lovely.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member

My real life partner literally has that outfit (the one the guy is wearing)

All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

We had a fashion shoot today at 'The Church' in Windenburg
    7cc13e8c826bd639435c5d323a51c64984775fc8.pnj
    0e91f70ae899bb016b40f7e95f6f80f9cf49af4e.pnj

e3e9afcee8a12c2ab2d4726423c1b4e00e45a594.pnj
    75ef58ab5fe039e8e2a369abfe85dd039940d4d3.pnj
    I was so excited for this kit but I'm not happy with these clothes.
    8cdd95a9879c053216ac7506b334c407c75540f3.pnj
    bcd072ba02405e83c4599adc97500ceb21a1dfe1.pnj
    61d17eb9f52612885e4bafbd9b3f657e4872c5f1.pnj

Here is some inspiration with goth fashion we already have ingame.
    22bff3610aac3d19b41297ae56242c08f61d5083.pnj
    28cd2da3db4005abcfc2f5561cb17e70559ecb71.pnj
    71069002112c823501c436ee8e23eff67528d90a.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Three goths, a Goth and a wyrd girl hanging out at the Pier... (What will Principal Prescott think of Molly's new look?)

WfxHEzA.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    edited January 19

My real life partner literally has that outfit (the one the guy is wearing)

lol @fujicakes1 complete the sim of them πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    @LeucosiaX I don't have the kit yet lol, but he is Italian, long black curly hair, gold eyes, olive skin, super masculine features (very strong jaw and forehead, a Roman nose - with a nose ring)...and a complete rock star. He's seriously the coolest person I have ever known.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.