Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child crying, I'm confused why.

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
edited January 16 in The Sims 2
I'm really confused why my child sim is crying. Nina got pregnant by Don and had a girl named Kat. Nina and Don don't live together but are in love with a full relationship bar. Nina threw a birthday party for Kat and included Don because you know, he the dad. When Don kissed Nina during the party Kat got a -40 relationship with Don. Why? It's her Dad...Her mom loves him...He loves her...so why? Is it because they aren't living together or married to each other? Why would she be upset with Don kissing her mom?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    Did she see Dad kissing someone else? Should be a red memory in the memory panel that might shed some light on it.
  • Options
    No bad or red memories. Don is married to someone else (that's why he doesn't live with them) but Kat technically shouldn't care about that. She hasn't been around Don and she just aged to a child. You'd think she'd be happy Don was kissing her mom. I do also experience this with Alexander Goth with Mortimer but that's understandable because Mortimer is kissing someone who isn't his mom, but Don is her dad so idk.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 12
    Ah, reading it through again, I see the problem.

There is this detail that when a child sees their parent cheating on their spouse, they'll cry and notify the spouse. You have shared that Don is married to someone else. That's the only thing the game cares about here (to be inclusive to step-parents I guess). Despite the fact that these are both her parents, what signal the game gives is "Uh oh, Don is married to someone else, he is having an affair" and causes the child to act like this.

Some details in The Sims 2 are really complex, which can just backfire if you have such complex situations. So yes, the problem is kissing her mom just because that's Don (dad) cheating on his spouse.
    Though what's Nina's marital status? Is she married or single? Seeing that she got -40 with Don, I'll guess Don is married and Nina is single, correct?
  • Options
    Yes, Nina is single and Don is married. I wish it didn't matter that Don is married or not and that she'd just be happy her parents are in love :(
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 16
    From her view, she doesn't get it. She's a child.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top