Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    @LeucosiaX i get it when I try to change a residential rental lot type to some other lot type like normal residential, lounge or bar. I’ve seen it in oasis springs and windenburgh. I haven’t figured out the pattern personally. But I’m keeping an eye on the AHQ thread to see what happens.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I guess they we're hoping for a good holiday bargain and rushed things. This pack was probably not planned to release this year, but they might have been afraid of LBY stealing their customers.

That's why we got a barebone buggy pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,264 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I guess they we're hoping for a good holiday bargain and rushed things. This pack was probably not planned to release this year, but they might have been afraid of LBY stealing their customers.

Yah I really doubt that .
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 184 Member
    I don't know if something like this was mentioned here earlier, but my favorite Sim has a tidy trait (I think it might be called 'neat' in English), and he is always complaining about dirt when going to the shared kitchen. But I looked up everything, there is no dirt, no dishes, nothing and even when I let him clean up (they can do that when they feel uncomfortable because of dirt), he won't solve the issue. That really bothers me, because I spent quite a long time on building this house to play one of my current stories I am writing. Does anyone here know how to fix this?

(I experienced the same problem in another house as well, long time before the new pack, and it's the same thing, no dirt, no dishes, no trashcan etc but they feel uncomfortable because of dirt and won't solve the issue themselves...)
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2023

It does sort of give slight vibes of the MWS fiasco if i am being honest, so I can see how this would be possible. That GP clearly wasn't ready as it was literally missing full lines of coding and it's obv they rushed it to release in time for valentines day. The same really could've happened for the holiday season, so I wouldn't rule this out lol.

That or they needed another sale for this financial quarter to appease shareholders? Who knows. All I know is, I haven't touched the pack since the day after release due to the horrible bugs, and i saw many were having irreparable corrupted saves after the emergency patch fix, so I am sticking with TS3 until they can address more of the bugs.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I don't know if something like this was mentioned here earlier, but my favorite Sim has a tidy trait (I think it might be called 'neat' in English), and he is always complaining about dirt when going to the shared kitchen. But I looked up everything, there is no dirt, no dishes, nothing and even when I let him clean up (they can do that when they feel uncomfortable because of dirt), he won't solve the issue. That really bothers me, because I spent quite a long time on building this house to play one of my current stories I am writing. Does anyone here know how to fix this?

(I experienced the same problem in another house as well, long time before the new pack, and it's the same thing, no dirt, no dishes, no trashcan etc but they feel uncomfortable because of dirt and won't solve the issue themselves...)

Do you have any of the small appliances in the kitchen, such as the pressure cooker? There's apparently a bug that makes the items themselves, not just the food from them, decay in freshness. Of course that makes no sense but hey, it's EA. You can either replace the item when they start to complain about the stinky, or use a mod, which is what I'm doing.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    I thought they'd fixed the bugs with For Rent, I'm still getting a daily rent of $4 billion for some of mty properties!
  • Options

Do you have any of the small appliances in the kitchen, such as the pressure cooker? There's apparently a bug that makes the items themselves, not just the food from them, decay in freshness. Of course that makes no sense but hey, it's EA. You can either replace the item when they start to complain about the stinky, or use a mod, which is what I'm doing.

Yes, I have put them some of those appliances in the shared kitchen. I will replace those items later when i get back to simming and see if it helps. Thanks a lot for the answer :smile:

(About the older save ... that won't help, because they are complaining in front of their house, outside, for no reason... 🙄)
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited December 2023
    You're very welcome, I hope it helps.

About your older save, I have no idea, sorry. Very odd indeed.

EDIT: typo
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    edited December 2023
    *delete
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    @FatTribble23 it did help to remove the kitchen appliances ;) so happy about that, but I hope this bug get fixed soon because I want my Sims to use that stuff.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member

Did you check inventories for spoiled food?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,036 Member

I mean to be fair, most of the packs they release are barebones and buggy.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options

Of course I did. The problem in the residental rental is already solved, it was one of the kitchen appliances that came with the pack. There was no food or whatever inside, but like mentioned here earlier, there must be some bug.

I have no clue what the problem is in my older save, nowhere my sim is complaining, just in front of the main door outside and I checked everything, no old dishes or trashcans or whatever. :/ No idea, but this might be considered as off topic here ^^.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member

Of course I did. The problem in the residental rental is already solved, it was one of the kitchen appliances that came with the pack. There was no food or whatever inside, but like mentioned here earlier, there must be some bug.

I have no clue what the problem is in my older save, nowhere my sim is complaining, just in front of the main door outside and I checked everything, no old dishes or trashcans or whatever. :/ No idea, but this might be considered as off topic here ^^.

Ah, good you solved it for now, but hope it gets solved permanently. Those complaining sims might be a glitch, I've not played the landlord/tenant in detail yet, somehow I hope they will tune down the need of attention to those tenants. Just because owning a unit for rent do not mean my sims are no longer interested in anything from the previous packs. It's often like that with new packs added, too much focus on details regarding those new features. Taking notes of avoiding Neat sims in rental units ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,454 Member

I once had an issue with a sim also complaining that something is dirty in the room but no dirt visible. It turned out it was the table that needed cleaning but it didn't have a dirty look. Once she cleaned the table everything was fine. You could click on stuff in the room and see if the option to clean comes up.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I got this for Christmas and I already have one major annoyance.

First of all, don't get me wrong here. I'm going to be talking about the event "Pet Adoption Drive". I think this is a really neat idea and I also really like the pack integration. However... I wish the event was handled better than strays invading your unit. Imagine if instead there was a designated "event space" that they would generate on blankets or in crates or something with an adoption NPC. That would have been controlled and made sense. Instead... strays are invading my sim's unit and making a mess of things. Even with the unit's door not allowing animals in, they still come in anyway. D:
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    I hope the Sims team is dedicated to fixing the bugs they create with these new packs.
    I bought For Rent, but stopped playing it when I kept getting sims from other apartments invading my sim's apartment.
    The more they pile on, the worse the bugs are going to get. The series is getting long in the tooth and will probably reach zombie status after so many packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,381 Member
    Hi CK! Yeah, it seems locked doors aren't working anymore. :s The neighbor would wander in and out at random, checking the fridge to see if there was anything to eat, painting on her easel, all the while I'm trying over and over to lock the dumb door. Sheesh!

I threw in the towel early on For Rent.

Oh and I thoroughly agree about the number of packs. Just bring out Sims 5 already, cause I've about hit my limit for packs and being able to play.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    And I'm just going to bring up Baldur's Gate 3 yet again, because it just won Game of the Year as well as Best Community. Because this game studio, Larian, which doesn't even have half the money that EA has, made an amazing game experience, true to its earlier iterations, with tons of choices and outcomes. And when their players gave feedback that some things fell short, they actually worked harder to put player suggestions in the game. They listened, they've patched like, at least four times since its July release, HUGE patches, with no extra dlc for players to buy, no extra cost to players. The last patch was about 25g worth of new content and the community is always happy and always talking about it.

Please, bring up Baldur's Gate 3 as much as you like! EA needs to hear it. Larian asks players what they want (instead of telling them what they want), they have that amazing early access to work out bugs, and they were rewarded for it. Sims 4 would benefit from adopting those obviously successful business practices. Of course, I expect no lessons to be learned from BG3's success.

Genuine question. Don't you think the creative vision of the developers are equally important? What about what the developers want? Are player demands all that matters in video games?

Well, if they want sales and happy customers it would be smart for them to make what the people buying the game want. That being said, it doesn’t mean they can’t use their imagination to bring something to the game that they think we might like. After all, you can’t please all the people all the time. But, I do think fixing bugs promptly is pretty much something everyone who plays a game wants.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited December 2023
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    Looking on the bug forum, I don't think I have seen such a buggy pack since My Wedding Stories! I'm trying to figure out which are actual bugs, which are mod related, and which have workarounds, but there are so many reports I literally can't keep up. :o Is everyone having these issues?

Another poster has listed the reported bugs here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18335311/#Comment_18335311

I think the initial bug list for Horse Ranch was longer than this. But this is still pretty bad. Considering the pack is mainly about building and renting units, you'd think they would have ensured those mechanics work properly. Many of these bugs were evident even in the early access videos, but EA released the pack with those bugs in it anyway.

I don’t remember having any bugs in horse ranch. I haven’t played for rent enough to see if there are bugs in mine, I have a practice save in case there are some of the big problems some seem to be having, such as not being able to switch rental lots back to residential or other types of lots. I wouldn’t want to ruin my 2014 save with big problems.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,982 Member
    That is definitely a smart move @SheriSim57 !
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I wanted to get For Rent with the special items for Christmas but the lag in build mode, corrupted saves, buggy rent payments...as a console player, I won't risk it. Picked up Horse Ranch instead but I really want FR!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    This pack wasn't meant for me from the beginning, still I'm so sad and sorry to read and see how even people who were quite hyped for it have been utterly disappointed in what EA delivered.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 460 Member
    edited December 2023
    I got a new laptop for Christmas and it wouldn't launch the game unless I updated, so I finally installed the patch. Fortunately, I don't seem to be having any issues with it, except that I spotted a sim using the toilet in one bathroom and then going to another bathroom to wash their hands. I might have to reinstall the Improved Auto Object Choosing mod. But, I'm still not buying For Rent right now. I can't imagine how upset I'd be if my saves got corrupted.

(BTW, I had no idea how smoothly the game could run until I got this new laptop! Even some of the longtime bugs I'd been putting up with have disappeared. I feel like I just upgraded from driving a horse-drawn wagon to a Tesla, lol.)
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO