Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent...Help Tempt Me To Buy

Ok, so the basic feature of the EP, doesn't interest me really. Like, at all.
But I'm curious about other features that came with the For Rent EP itself.

Is there a new music station?
I know there's supposed to be two new aspirations, right? Oh, and the child one as well, correct?
Are there new traits?
New skills and hobbies?

Is there actually an animal preserve that you can go into, or is it just a rabbit hole or what?

Ummm....If there's cool features that came with the EP that I've not thought about asking, then please chime in!

Thank you! *Smiles*

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,035 Member
    Dragon statue

Is there a new music station?
    Not that I see, no.
    I know there's supposed to be two new aspirations, right? Oh, and the child one as well, correct?
    Four new aspirations, all for teens and up. One about being a good tenant, one about being a good landlord, one about snooping on people, and one about exploring the new world.
    Are there new traits?
    Nosy: Can spy on people, get their secrets and blackmail them
    Generous: Basically the Good trait from basegame
    Cringe: Allows your sim to be awkward and dab.
    Child of the Village: Child of the Islands, but for Tomarang
    Wise (Elders only): Learn skills faster, lose bad moodlets quicker
    New skills and hobbies?
    No new skills. Marbles (kids only), hopscotch, snooping on people, breaking and entering, pooping while squatting.
    Is there actually an animal preserve that you can go into, or is it just a rabbit hole or what?
    Rabbit hole. But you can get a cute tiger stuffy that you can pet.
    Ummm....If there's cool features that came with the EP that I've not thought about asking, then please chime in!
    If you liked the rabbit hole cave in Island Living or the rabbit hole cave in Horse Ranch, there's a rabbit hole cave here.

You can also have various disasters occur on your property, like deadly mold; bug infestations; stoves that don't break despite the game claiming they exploded; issues with the electrical fuse or water heater.

You can also abuse your tenants through various means, and they might even revolt or sue you for your shenanigans.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I just bought the EP because the world is utterly beautiful (Thailand is one of my top 5 favourite countries) and I love the build/buy so much 🌺
    We just moved there and will stay for a good while so just these two things make it worth for us buying the pack :3
    I don't care for the landlord/tenant stuff either.

The local aspiration 'Fount of Tomarani Knowledge' sounds fun enough to try out too.
    All about the aspirations from the new EP πŸ‘‰ here on Sims Community.

There are also lots of other guides and articles about the new pack if you need more information to decide πŸ‘‰ here 🐘

311acd8e50f029acbad51ed39571868f0963a4b4.jpg
    31e4fdd372d813a933038549e46fd55a8a864802.pnj

Pics from build/buy are from this guide from The Sims Community. Where are also pics from the CAS (which I don't like).
    Sims-4-For-Rent-Items-Build-Mode.jpg
    sims-4-for-rent-items-screen-3-build-mode.jpg
    sims-4-for-rent-build-items-screen-2.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    I heard that there is a large swimming area, if you have Island living you can use the boat or jet ski’s from that pack. You can probably use the fish traps in tomorang too ( I don’t have the pack yet ).

Also there is a new handiman job in 4 Rent
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    What I find helpful about asking questions on the forums is that we see comments from each other over time, so I have a good sense of which people like the same sorts of things I like. So if one simmer says the gameplay is good, or the world is too small, I might think, hmmm, we usually like the same packs, so I can weigh this analysis more heavily. Whereas if someone else says the world is too small, I might think, well, they are always critical of the world size in every pack, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Or if someone likes or doesn't like the CAS, it makes a big difference to me when I know whether or not we have the same sense of style. Or I might know from experience that someone else has a different style of gameplay than I do, but maybe they are also really good at assessing how smoothly the game runs overall. Or I might remember that someone has a similar computer to mine, so I can predict more easily how the game will run on my setup.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Serendipity38 There is nothing wrong with asking for suggestions from the forum. I read through the forums as I enjoy my tea or coffee in the mornings to see what everyone is saying. I did preorder the pack, as I love adding more to my game, and I really enjoy playing the sims. I think the town is beautiful, though small. I enjoy the caves with my adventurous sims so happy to see that. I don't really mind rabbitholes, but was hoping the sanctuary would be similar to an actual one and not a rabbithole. I will still use and enjoy it though. I enjoy playing with apartments so happy to see that I can make my duplexes and apartment I've built into one's that work as an apartment. My advice is to just see the pros and cons others mention and make your own decision according to what you want from the pack. I know there have been bugs mentioned, but they usually fix them as we find them, so as they can be annoying I will probably wait til we get fixes before I actually use the rental gameplay. I can't wait to bring a sim family there on vacation and explore the world! I love that the Sulani boat and Jet Ski work on the water as well. The most important question I ask myself when buying (or not) a pack is "will I use and enjoy the features in this pack?"
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Unless you are interested in being the landlord, the only other thing worth buying it for is to have multi-family units to play with. If either of those styles don't pique your interest; I'd say wait for a sale or don't buy. I bought it for the landlord aspect because I enjoy real estate in real life and thought it would be fun to be on the business end in the game. I never really got into owning businesses in TS4, but this really appealed to me, and I don't find it boring, but I can easily see how some might not get their money's worth.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 749 Member
    edited December 2023
    It will be awhile before I do anything with the rental stuff, but some of the smaller features are quickly becoming my favorites. My favorite parts of all the Sims packs are never the primary feature. I like this pack more than I expected to like it. There is so much cross-pack compatibility with this pack!

I love love love the tea kettle!!! The new minifrige and pressure cooker are also great. The teas and coffees and other recipes add so much to the game.

If you have the Home Chef Hustle pack, then the early access grill cart is the perfect complement to the sales table. This grill will not be available later. This is the first early access item that I really care about.

The White Lily furniture set is beautiful in a microhome, especially with the new curtains in the white swatch. I like the new trash bin. A more natural looking hottub.

I like the new greeting.

The new hairs are really nice.

The Tomarang night market is the perfect complement to the Tartosa day market.

The plush tiger is free in debug, and the hopscotch and marbles are great additions to the game.

The world is beautiful. The rental feature is great. But what is best about this pack is all the little stuff that will be added to all the single-family units in other worlds.

• Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 94 Member
    I didnt really care for the main feature either before but now I find the multi res lot quite nice.
    It is great for small worlds cause this way you can have more people live there and still have enough lots for other stuff, its also nice if you want sims to know eachother, since they are pretty much garantied to run into each other if they live on the same lot.

For now I only have one multi res lot in forgotten hollow with 4 units (10 sims and 3 cats living there in total) and Vlad as the landlord, its surprisingly fun.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 749 Member

I didnt really care for the main feature either before but now I find the multi res lot quite nice.
    It is great for small worlds cause this way you can have more people live there and still have enough lots for other stuff, its also nice if you want sims to know eachother, since they are pretty much garantied to run into each other if they live on the same lot.

For now I only have one multi res lot in forgotten hollow with 4 units (10 sims and 3 cats living there in total) and Vlad as the landlord, its surprisingly fun.

I think I will try my first multi res in Moonwood Mills! Thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,039 Member
    yeah personally wouldn't get packs at this point of game unless I really wanted them since theres no unlimited space on my pc anymore :sweat_smile:

hence feels slightly weird to tell others to buy the packs cause its always the best to keep space for what really matters

if you have some ninja super computer that realistically can't run out of space though

I am most excited about adding apartments, marbles and hopscotch all around my simworlds

I also think the new lot type might make supersize lots more playable for me
    like having huge castles divided in units or housing a whole sim legacy on one lot :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2023
    I sadly didn't get enough time to throughly play. Life is keeping me busy plus I still have a lot of builds to get to. However, from the little I did play I fell in love so hard with the world. If you're okay with small lots this world is a MUST have. The swim area is huge, the city area is really nice, and the more village style area is equally nice. To compare it to something it's like selvadorada meets sulani meets city living.
    Just don't expect to do 6 unit lots here which is why I had to have half of my main Sims live in another world. And the single home or 2 or 3 unit Sims live in tomorang.

I would buy this pack alone for the feeling of community it gives! I built an apocalyptic street that I'm still working on little by little. It's a street I built from before but I had to modify it to make it sutible for renting rooms out above the stores.
    I made a big majority of it shared spaces and put tons of stuff for Sims to do and animals to care for.
    In the past when I played this lot with my 8 sim household it felt like they were 8 isolated survivors living in this big city/street area. I could invite others sims sure, but it still didn't really change the feel. Now it feels like an actual community with sims always around coming out of their units, interacting, and doing things. I got my best friends right across the street and enemies I dread seeing come out of their units☺. Once I'm officially done setting up the place I'm going to be the evil slumlord breaking in units and black mailing residents for secrets 😈
    I didn't get time to play around with the maintenance stuff but from what I've seen it looks really fun. And I saw on xTwitter that you have to clean the pool now as well? All of this is optional with the lot challenge of course.

New dances come with the pack.
    You can sort junk mail

From what I've seen the traits look more in depth compared to precious ones. New animations. Cringe Sims get a special dance not just the dab. They can also get iconic cringe meme thought bubbles like buff yamachan and others I don't know the name of but have seen and used everywhere 🀣🀣🀣 I thought that was pretty neat.
    CAS and B/B is really good. I love the bonus grill and I still can't believe we got a squat toilet with a new animation! Hot water heart, chance of lights going out, Hopscotch and marbles for kids! And more. Going to be a while before I get to everything in this pack.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Wow! Thank you for your input and thoughts on the pack, @Babykittyjade ! Now I'm thinking I WILL buy it, eventually. Would really like the bonus content you get if you buy it before January...What, 17th, I think? Something like that. I MIGHT have to splurge in January...At the very least you definitely got me thinking on it again, thank you!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow! Thank you for your input and thoughts on the pack, @Babykittyjade ! Now I'm thinking I WILL buy it, eventually. Would really like the bonus content you get if you buy it before January...What, 17th, I think? Something like that. I MIGHT have to splurge in January...At the very least you definitely got me thinking on it again, thank you!

No problem. There's so much to this pack I'm still learning about from xTwitter and the positive thread. Like the new neighborly chat animation, pool parties, the tiger sanctuary badge you can use as an alibi of caught breaking and entering, Tennent revolt etc.

If there is any reason you should wait for this pack is the bugs if that's something that bothers you. It does have some like the lag in build mode (the Sims say they are working on a fix)
    But that doesn't stop MEπŸ˜….
    Otherwise I think you're definitely going to find something in here you like.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,147 Member
    My advice is if you like the worlds Sulani & Tartosa, you're going to like Tomarang. B)
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I wouldnt buy it for the world (too small, Im probably just going to use it as a holiday destination like Tartosa) or for the landlord/gameplay aspects as I think its either buggy or just poorly designed.
    I would buy it if you are a builder as it has some awesome stuff, both the build features and the smaller gameplay items like kettles and hopscotch. Also worth it for creating communities or multi-generational lots which are alot of fun to play.
    Not worth paying full price if pennies are tight tho IMO......
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,972 Member
    Hi @Serendipity38 always a good idea to check current bugs on a pack and see if you're up for dealing with them
    Here is the current list of open issues for For Rent
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/13277181#M262242
    Aspirations
    [OPEN] [FR] Maintenance event doesn't tick off

Bills/Money/Royalty
    [OPEN] [FR] Can't Pay Bills (Tenant)
    [OPEN] [FR] Impossibly High Rent
    [OPEN] [FR] Justly evicting and still being fined
    [OPEN] [FR] Tenants wont pay rent

Cheats
    [OPEN] [FR] Freerealestate cheat doesn't work on residential rentals

Moodlets
    [OPEN] [FR] Constantly dirty surroundings moodlet from Pressure Cooker and Kettle

Performance (Freeze/Lags/FPS)
    [OPEN] [FR] Applying wall paper in rental units cause lags

Property Manager
    [OPEN] Property ownership not recognized in owned rental tab
    [OPEN] Rental units duplicated in Owned Business tab

Rental Units
    [OPEN] Doors in App./Dorms stay visible on lowering walls
    [OPEN] Landlord - Unable to Build/Edit owned lot
    [OPEN] Residential Rental Lot Name Keeps Reverting to Default Lot Name
    [OPEN] Stuck on Residential Rental Lot type