Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could We Be Getting A Redesigned Managed Worlds Screen?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    I don't think a redesign of the World overview will mean changes to the worlds themselves, such as making them residential, or getting more worlds for free. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't believe it or the worlds themselves would be mentioned.

Same, world overview is not the worlds themselves....Im guessing this has more to do with the fact that we got so many worlds now and the overview is getting a little overloaded...so they are looking for a better way to display them all , thatll also allow for new worlds to be added later.

I would love it if we could organize the worlds or have a tab thatll only show worlds where played households live, or let us add tabs for organisation.

Also emptying lots from overview would be cool and having an option to start with empty worlds/empty whole worlds at ones.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited September 2023
    I don't think the job descriptions goes further than the actual design of the world screen.
    But I wonder though, why would they need an external developer for this?
    It would be better to do this intern with developers who already know how the game works.
    Moving around world icons is no rocket science 🚀
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

To give us the CAW tool would be no big thing since we already had this in Sims 3.
    The Sims 4 'worlds' are mere discs the can be crossed by a little goat bouncing between the first and second breakfast. And much smaller than the Sims 3 worlds.
    TwistedMexi is working on a CAW mod for Sims 4 but I don't know how far it's finished yet.
    4a8fb93a969fe8810573a8f9d9d5063ab16dd72a.jpg
    da2ec57dd99757f0071a62627cc59f4b8ddcc4d3.jpg
    75aaa10a5190fbbd1d4668a64d98c65847f6398f.jpg

But there are custom made Sims 3 worlds more beautiful than any other pack or store world. Maybe EA does not want us to create worlds by ourselves 🗺
    That would keep us from buying their packs. Me at least. I surely wouldn't have bought the wedding pack, for example, if I could create my own italian world 🏖
    Long long time ago I built a few lots for a Sims 3 world project and got a little insight in Sims 3 world creation. So I think creating/modifying worlds for Sims 4 would be far easier than for Sims 3 and maybe that's the reason why they don't want us to lay our hands on 👩‍🔧 Maybe at the end of Sims 4 when there won't be any official worlds released anymore.
    So as long as they want our money, no official CAW tool, imo.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    I don't think the job descriptions goes further than the actual design of the world screen.
    But I wonder though, why would they need an external developer for this?
    It would be better to do this intern with developers who already know how the game works.
    Moving around world icons is no rocket science 🚀

I hope they will add each world name to the overview picture now that we have so many worlds.