Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goats and Sheep Getting Through Locked Gates

Is anybody else having goats or sheep able to get through gates/doors that are locked to them? The lock seems to be working for horses but the mini goats and sheep can go right through. I'm not using any mods currently.

Also, on the menu, what is the difference between "Allow access to" and "unlock for specific Sim"? I thought the Allow Access was actually part of LittleMsSam's Lock Door Mod, which I normally use, but my game is vanilla right now but that option is still there.

[img][/img]lockdoors.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I had this problem too, it seems that if you use “lock for” it only registers the last thing you chose. So if you click mini goats, then mini sheep, then horses it will only be locked for horses. I got mine to work by locking for everyone except my one Sim, then allowing access to my ranch hand.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I had this problem too, it seems that if you use “lock for” it only registers the last thing you chose. So if you click mini goats, then mini sheep, then horses it will only be locked for horses. I got mine to work by locking for everyone except my one Sim, then allowing access to my ranch hand.

That's what I did too, but somehow the goat still got through. I had to unlock it for for Sims and the cat, leaving it locked only for the goat, sheep and any other Sims outside of the household. With all that individual unlocking I might have messed it up.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yeah it might be different for me, I have just one Sim, a horse, then the sheep & goats (+ chickens & a cow). The way my lot is set up, I have the horse free (she’s a free spirit) with just the house doors locked to the horse. Then in my fenced in area I have the cow, chicken coop, and goats & sheep. I was able to select “lock for everyone except Hannah (my Sim)”, then just “allow access to ranch hand”. So far my goats & sheep are staying put, they got out almost immediately when I used the individual locks for all of them.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »

That's what I did too, but somehow the goat still got through. I had to unlock it for for Sims and the cat, leaving it locked only for the goat, sheep and any other Sims outside of the household. With all that individual unlocking I might have messed it up.

If a sim picked up the goat, they could have carried it through the gate. I've had that happen with pets before.
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    I had an issue a few weeks ago with a child getting through a door that was locked to everyone. I wonder if I accidentally messed up the "lock for" thing like you described.

Or maybe some of the goats and children are just lockpickers. Honestly would not put it past a goat to pick a lock.
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Options
    007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    The goats and sheep keep walking through my locked doors too
  • Options
    What finally seems to be working is locking for everyone then individually unlocking for family members and the ranch hand. At least when sheep or goats get out when somebody else opens it, you can collect them into your inventory all at once and place them back inside the fence.
  • Options
    ceirwynceirwyn Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm still trying to figure out how to get them out of my inventory. I can't drag and drop them like an item and they don't seem to be linked a shed like in Cottage expansion.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @ceirwyn Have you tried to click on them in inventory and chose 'place in world'?
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    ceirwynceirwyn Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah, but my sim just goes the spot and stands there.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ceirwyn wrote: »
    Yeah, but my sim just goes the spot and stands there.

They don't walk around etc after they're on the ground? Have you checked for a mod conflict?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @ceirwyn If you don't find a solution to place them from inventory, you can also place them from the buydebug.
    enter the cheat
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    and in build mode select the horse ranch pack and in the buildmode search type 'debug' and scroll down 🐐🐑
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Jayy_799Jayy_799 Posts: 2 New Member
    How do you unlock the gate for the ranch hand and not the goats? I can’t figure out how to keep the goats and sheep in while letting the ranch hand go freely in and out.
  • Options
    Jayy_799 wrote: »
    How do you unlock the gate for the ranch hand and not the goats? I can’t figure out how to keep the goats and sheep in while letting the ranch hand go freely in and out.

Lock for everyone, then allow Ranch Hand. That's working for me. Just keep in mind that when the gate is open, animals not allowed can go in and out.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yeah, for me it also only works by first locking for everyone and then unlock for specific sims.
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Also, on the menu, what is the difference between "Allow access to" and "unlock for specific Sim"?

"Allow access to" can be muliple sims in the same category, for example Household, Ranchhand, Employees and Clubs.
    While "specific sim" is well, a specific sim.

@Jayy_799 "Allow access to.." -> "Ranchhand"

@ceinwynie is there enough room to put the mini down? If so then its probly a bug.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Jayy_799Jayy_799 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @pearlbh said:
    > Lock for everyone, then allow Ranch Hand.
    Turns out I have a bug with my mods and the options don’t appear for me
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited July 2023
    Finally I found informtion about the goats and sheep, thanks from the bottom of my heart. Are goats and sheep counted as family members?
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Finally I found informtion about the goats and sheep, thanks from the bottom of my heart. Are goats and sheep counted as family members?

I dont think so, I would guess Household members are only the sims that count to household slots, so humanoid sims, cats, dogs and horses, but I am not a 100% on this, cause Sims be weird sometimes.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    edited July 2023
    @Simsister2004
    No. Sheep, Goats, Chicken, Llamas and Cows are no family members.
    Only Sims, Cats, Dogs and Horses are.
    f5a7658d421297cb491a42b4947a1b32dfe14ce7.jpg