Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,076 Member
    YAY! Way to go, Domino! :)

:cookie:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    Thanks @Ellupelluellu. Think I'll search if there's a mod to allow more competitions per day. If not this could take a long time. :p
  • Options
    edited January 13
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu thanks!! 💚 Gonna grab it right now!
  • Options
    Julianna reaches level 10 in horse riding and receives the Iron Works Signage Horse Riding plaque which she affixes to the top of the ranch sign.

xp3ANnv.png
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 708 Member
    Hurray for Julianna!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    I had my first horse race today, a long anticipated event. Seven sims participated in a cross-country. (Please don't mind their odd outfits, this is a Batuu-themed save.)

f181f9d7a5fa28b1bcdf072cc3461dc9469a42d3.pnj

I let each sim participate in a beginner level endurance race, afterwards those who scored first place participated again, this time in the next tier.

In that second race my sim Daniel O'Malley placed second, Karlie Keye from Parenthood didn't place and Don Gooseman from Horse Ranch placed third. So that meant that the order crossing the finishing line was Daniel - Don - Karlie (and after them Connor/Sienna/Juniper at about the same time and finally Gavin).

It was quite the surprise that my Daniel won! Sure, I had trained my trio well, but neither they nor their horse cannot hold a candle to Don and Duke. Don was tense during both races, so that may have played a part.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt Congratulations on the win! What beautiful horses!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited January 19
    I had my first horse race today... <snip>

Sounds like the entire contest took place inside the equestrian center? Was it possible to get it through during one simday or was the tournament lasting several days?

Sounds fun anyway, congrats to the surprise winner! I am doing a show jump contest at an outdoor arena I set up, mainly for story telling but it will also be exciting for me to see who wins. It gets rather hard to pick a winner though. Using the in-game events might make that a bit easier.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    @simmerville Yes, it was a rabbit hole event, but I will stage screenshots of "what really happened" today.

In an unmodded game it is impossible to get through in a single day, because a horse can only enter one race per day. So if you get ties (what is very likely with well-trained sims entering beginner races), you'll need to fast-forward at least one night. I played a non-participating household for those hours.

Given the opening times of the equestrian center four or five races per day are a realistic expectation. It also depends on how much preparation time you want to give your racers.

By not giving my sims any prep time I was able to squeeze this event into two days. The last race of the first day started right before closing time and I got a popup warning me that the center would close now, but even so the race was completed.

I also opted against breaking the Connor/Juniper/Sienna tie, otherwise the race would have been longer.

Placements were
    Beginner race

Karlie, Daniel, Don - Gold -> Proceed to Advanced to determine rank 1-3
    Connor, Juniper, Sienna - Silver -> Proceed to Advanced to determine rank 4-6 -> I didn't care enough to do that
    Gavin - Bronze -> Rank 7

Advanced race

Karlie - No medal
    Daniel - Silver
    Don - Bronze

No ties this time.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Domino and Rosalie still dislike one another. Rosalie was particularly upset when she discovered that Domino had tried to auction her off online. Now that Domino has started competitions things have only gotten worse. Domino has started bragging about his gold medal wins and brings it up every chance he gets.

SnbC69v.png

tblOqat.png

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    edited January 23
    I have discovered a not spoken of feature from the horse ranch. You can now get completely smashed , "dazed" , from the VIP bucket, usually just decor, but now it's a functional object.

53478027508_c273233fbe_k.jpg01-21-24_9:33:15 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53477885386_b96ced4816_z.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 9.33.59 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 , Aww, now I feel so sorry for poor Rosalie :'(
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 , Aww, now I feel so sorry for poor Rosalie :'(

Haha, I know. 😄 I'll have to give her some extra treats.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 708 Member
    I so love the horse bragging of its gold medal to the lama.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,493 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I have discovered a no spoken of feature from the horse ranch. You can now get completely smashed , "dazed" , from the VIP bucket, usually just decor, but now it's a functional object.

53477885386_b96ced4816_z.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 9.33.59 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

That's awesome! I'll have to set that out at my spooky parties, lol
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    MjQR3ks.png
    I love it when horses and chickens come inside :smile: Here is Ikarios Goth brushing his colt Ghost.

I really like this pack. I was most excited about nectar making when I bought it, but I really love the horses too!

Ikarios is my first werewolf and he also happened to have twins. Lucky is a werewolf and Percival is a dormant werewolf.
    sRBycib.png
    Here are the puppies and their chickens :smiley: They also have bunnies and a cowplant. It's a nice little farm :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited January 24
    Domino's first gold medal! In beginner barrel racing. We had to compete in the beginner level three times before getting gold. Hopefully some of the next levels won't require winning bronze and silver before winning gold. You can only compete once a day.

rWez2za.png

Just to provide an indication of how much is still to be done.

Barrel Racing Requires agility and endurance
    Beginner (gold medal)
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Endurance Racing Requires endurance and jumping skill.
    Beginner
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Show Jumping Emphasis on jumping skill and temperament.
    Beginner
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Western Pleasure Emphasis on temperament and agility. competitions.
    Beginner
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Ultimate Horse Championship
    To qualify your horse must place in the master category of barrel racing, endurance racing, show jumping, and western pleasure. Level 10 in agility, endurance, jumping, and temperament.

I think it depends on how much skill the horse ( or rider ) has. One of my sims competed, and I believe got a silver on his first jumping race ( Beginner ).
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    edited January 24
    LiELF wrote: »
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I have discovered a no spoken of feature from the horse ranch. You can now get completely smashed , "dazed" , from the VIP bucket, usually just decor, but now it's a functional object.

That's awesome! I'll have to set that out at my spooky parties, lol

@LiELF
    That's awesome! I'll have to set that out at my spooky parties, lol[/quote]

I thought I saw it a few months ago, when I dropped a new bar in willows creek, a sims just walked in the lot went right up and spent 500 for a bottle, but where was so much to the build, and I was just setting up, I wasn't sure what I just saw, and I had other work to do.

The drunk stumbling walk really surprised me but I thought it was funny, and very hard to miss she's "dazed"
    Great for parties, but if you play with actual value to simoleons, it's $500 each bottle. Super expensive.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Domino's first gold medal! In beginner barrel racing. We had to compete in the beginner level three times before getting gold. Hopefully some of the next levels won't require winning bronze and silver before winning gold. You can only compete once a day.

I think it depends on how much skill the horse ( or rider ) has. One of my sims competed, and I believe got a silver on his first jumping race ( Beginner ).

@SheriSim57 I'm not sure. Julianna is at level 10 riding skill and Domino is level 10 in endurance, agility, temperament, and jumping. Since I first posted he's mostly been getting gold the first time but still occasionally gets a bronze or silver.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

@SheriSim57 I'm not sure. Julianna is at level 10 riding skill and Domino is level 10 in endurance, agility, temperament, and jumping. Since I first posted he's mostly been getting gold the first time but still occasionally gets a bronze or silver.

Oh, wow, my sim did not have 10’s but, won a silver first time as beginner, but he did practice with his horse a lot before ever racing. I noticed someone mentioned that one of their sims was tense when competing, and they didn’t take first. Sounds like maybe moods, matter. And, thinking about it, I remember reading something about the horses traits having some effect on different types of awards for the different competitions too. I can’t remember if I saw that earlier on this thread or elsewhere.
  • Options
    @SheriSim57 good points. I like how there are several different factors influencing medal wins. I'll have to pay closer attention with the next wins and see if there's a pattern. I do try to make sure Domino is a good mood before competing.
  • Options
    As promised Rosalie got some special treats.

qFdOTcf.png

Sulking because he didn't receive a treat.

p5gTaeu.png

Domino was spooked when Rosalie turned orange. "What is this magical foolery?!"

YxueJb0.png

He cheered up though when the ranch hand asked him about his many competition wins.

ELv2VBE.png
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 , Good! Happy for Rosalie <3

Domino, really , sulking looks so lame, don't do it :p