The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,412 Member
    @Horrorgirl6 looking forward to seeing more of your Horse Ranch gameplay. What are your sims' names?
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,881 Member

Im playing my vanilla save still for few days, slowly getting mods folder totally redone again. Just allowed that in its NS, curious to see who adopts and what :D
    I sure hope they will be fixing the milestones soon.
    Not a very graceful dismount.

Xwq1lZt.png
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,690 Member
    edited October 2023
    What i really, really like about Horse Ranch game play is that we can now finally use all the wide open spaces that were actually completely useless before. Below is an example from Henford-on-Baigley. The mod by @LittleMsSam that @simgirl1010 posted above fits this scenario perfectly.

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2156712&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200

And this is the football field behind Copperdale High School:

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2156713&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,519 Member
    I'm afraid the stuff on the Copperdale field will clash with the high school festivals, @Bonxie .
    Thank you, EA, for patching toddlers and infants in.- My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,690 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'm afraid the stuff on the Copperdale field will clash with the high school festivals, @Bonxie .

Yeah - you're right. But I don't play the high school story arc anymore. So for me in my game it's perfect that way.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,294 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    And this is the football field behind Copperdale High School:

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2156713&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200

That running track looks like it would have been good as a horse race track as well.
    @Bonxie thanks for posting those pics. I'm going to try it in HOB.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 4,994 Member
    One of the things I like about Horse Ranch's nectar making is that it's versatile enough for cross-pack gameplay. It can be used as a skill or career with different lifestyles--not just ranching. 🙂

I built a beginner's nectar cellar under a Mediterranean-style home in San Myshuno.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113448&authkey=%21ACHii06N9p77Fu4&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113449&authkey=%21AGy7ku7F6vQOepQ&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113447&authkey=%21AO3O0y0nrXQGXis&width=1920&height=1080
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,511 Member
    Anyone deep into nectar making?
    I just got the pack and I am curious about what others think about the feature.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2023
    @CK213 ....I don't know how deep into nectar making I am. Yet, on my Ranch, Savannah is the nectar connoisseur while Chayton cares for the rest of the ranch.

Nectar making is an added enjoyable feature for me along with it being my ranchers' income source. Some of the ways to make a lucrative living selling nectar are:
    • Selling it at the grocery store in town. Aged up nectar yields even more simoleons.
    • Selling it to the elusive Roberto who will only buy Nectar on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11 am - 3 pm in front of the grocery store in Chestnut Ridge.
    • Opening a retail nectar store for those who have Get to Work.
    • Selling glasses of wine on the new food stand with Home Chef Hustle.
    Having a variety of nectar recipes is a plus along with the various liquid colors when making nectar is one of those little things that I appreciate. Speaking of nectar recipes, my relationship with Roberto is very low so I have not received his family's secret nectar recipe.

One of the most delightful aspects of having nectar is watching invited guest autonomously grab a glass and drink it.
    Nectar-Tasting-party-1.png
    Savannah's nectar making room. Several bottles of nectar have aged.
    Nectar-Making-Area.png

Having a nice full garden is essential. Plus, I'm playing with the simple living lot challenge.
    Garden-for-Nectar-and-Meals.png

All the little details like Chayton autonomously grabbing a nectar bottle from the refrigerator and drinking from it.
    Drinking-from-bottle-of-nectar.png

Horse Ranch is a fun pack overall.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,511 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @CK213 ....I don't know how deep into nectar making I am. Yet, on my Ranch, Savannah is the nectar connoisseur while Chayton cares for the rest of the ranch.

Nectar making is an added enjoyable feature for me along with it being my ranchers' income source. Some of the ways to make a lucrative living selling nectar are:

Thanks, Hearts4u. :)
    I am letting a sim experiment with it as I wait for For Rent.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,610 Member

The horses and the goats are still with us and follow us everywhere.
    I added stables to each of the 5 lots we lived since Chestnut Ridge ^^'
    We have so much fun.
    Still not a fan of the world and the CAS but the horses, goats and the build/buy were worth it buying the expansion.
    99f0100aac075073e0206f0d2102605f5a19e43f.jpg
    72683f961c8f556f282c05d19b4a7c60dc7ca041.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - A happy home in Tomarang 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
    Domino entered his first competition. 3rd Place. :p

fPWlKyY.png

Sgd9Q2z.png
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,314 Member
    I just started nectar making and enjoy it even more than the horses themselves. My first sim in Chestnut Ridge is a vampire so I obviously went for the plasma nectar. Leveling up takes longer than expected but I suppose that's a good thing. I like how the nectar takes time to ripe in the cellar. It is slow pace and fits my style of playing.

I plan to create a wine store that sells all occult nectars (and probably some others as well) But oh boy the werewolf nectar is difficult. The ingredients for the valerian (spellcaster) nectar and plasma nectar can be grown. But moonpetals for the moonpetal nectar can't be grown. This plant can only be harvested at full moon in one single location. It will be a very rare nectar. I love the pack integration with occult nectars.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,647 Member
    That sounds great @Atreya33 :) I plan to get Horse Ranch on sale sometime specifically for the nectar making.
    gen3-banner.png
  • LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,328 Member

cuteness @simgirl1010 which we could knit these!
  • LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,328 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just started nectar making and enjoy it even more than the horses themselves. My first sim in Chestnut Ridge is a vampire so I obviously went for the plasma nectar. Leveling up takes longer than expected but I suppose that's a good thing. I like how the nectar takes time to ripe in the cellar. It is slow pace and fits my style of playing.

I plan to create a wine store that sells all occult nectars (and probably some others as well) But oh boy the werewolf nectar is difficult. The ingredients for the valerian (spellcaster) nectar and plasma nectar can be grown. But moonpetals for the moonpetal nectar can't be grown. This plant can only be harvested at full moon in one single location. It will be a very rare nectar. I love the pack integration with occult nectars.

@Atreya33 yes, it's very overlooked but I saw a reddit post by someone that said "who cares about horses, Sims can not get drunk"
    If you have, I think it's 3 glasses of finely ages wine, you sim gets a "dazed"moodlet. I think 4 and they pee themselves and get knocked out. Highly realistic.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,393 Member
    My sim has a recue horse and they won their first competiotion (endurance). I've really enjoyed playing the pack. She lives near the canyon bridge in the house where used to live an older man with his horse (sorry premades). The house is super cosy and I bought her chickens on the yard as well. I'm now trying to decide what competitions she should focus on.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,314 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

@Atreya33 yes, it's very overlooked but I saw a reddit post by someone that said "who cares about horses, Sims can not get drunk"
    If you have, I think it's 3 glasses of finely ages wine, you sim gets a "dazed"moodlet. I think 4 and they pee themselves and get knocked out. Highly realistic.

Thanks for the warning. I will see to it that my sims won't get dazed from nectar.
    musteni wrote: »
    My sim has a recue horse and they won their first competiotion (endurance). I've really enjoyed playing the pack. She lives near the canyon bridge in the house where used to live an older man with his horse (sorry premades). The house is super cosy and I bought her chickens on the yard as well. I'm now trying to decide what competitions she should focus on.

'Sorry premades' made me laugh. I kicked out Sienna to make room for my sim. No premade is safe in my game. Well, perhaps some very few exceptions...
    Julianna got caught up in all the rental excitement and neglected her ranch responsibilities. She has now sold her apartment building and will refocus on getting Domino to the top of the championship circuit and complete her Championship Rider aspiration.

qoz0EnQ.png

jpNRdvI.png

VsQoHUk.png

Domino is well on his way to become a champion.

YVuou0j.png

Silver medal in his second barrel racing competition.

RBX5r1d.png

#EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
    Midnight ride. Love to watch Domino taking those curves.

gJqBm4h.png
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
    Domino's first gold medal! In beginner barrel racing. We had to compete in the beginner level three times before getting gold. Hopefully some of the next levels won't require winning bronze and silver before winning gold. You can only compete once a day.

rWez2za.png

Just to provide an indication of how much is still to be done.

Barrel Racing Requires agility and endurance
    Beginner (gold medal)
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Endurance Racing Requires endurance and jumping skill.
    Beginner
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Show Jumping Emphasis on jumping skill and temperament.
    Beginner
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Western Pleasure Emphasis on temperament and agility. competitions.
    Beginner
    Intermediate
    Expert
    Master

Ultimate Horse Championship
    To qualify your horse must place in the master category of barrel racing, endurance racing, show jumping, and western pleasure. Level 10 in agility, endurance, jumping, and temperament.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion