Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    Phoenix lights, anyone?

FL7v6er.png

To match my space cowboy!
    Ok. Now I'm even more convinced that there's going to be a space themed pack...

I found this in my game too one night @GracieO312 - I was wondering what is was . ty ๐Ÿ™. evening skies are beyond gorgeous in Hendford on Bagley and Chestnut Ridge. I'm a city girl myself and I dream of seeing this many stars- so beautiful!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    @simgirl1010
    ooo. I can't wait until this comes out on public release. Windenburg and Brindleton Bay Horses, here they come!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    Just wanted to see my horse playing with the globe :) It's a must on "Hug the World Day", but also looks grate when the globe is tossed up to the skies :) And what's Judith's part in this? :lol:

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,454 Member
    Just wanted to see my horse playing with the globe :) It's a must on "Hug the World Day", but also looks grate when the globe is tossed up to the skies :) And what's Judith's part in this? :lol:

What world is that depicted on the ball? Sulani?
  • Options

What world is that depicted on the ball? Sulani?

It's the Paradiso Island world (TS3). I'm in the process of creating my own TS4 world map, but because I take so many things into consideration, like botany and meteorology - not to mention my medieval history, it seems to take forever, lol.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    @Simmerville Love your new ball designs. I had a good chuckle at the Judith Ward ball. I'd love to "kick start" her for sure! Not a fan here. She's always coming over during yard sales and causing trouble for my sims. Your blog about Judith's reaction to the ball was hilarious! ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: ยป
    @Simmerville Love your new ball designs. I had a good chuckle at the Judith Ward ball. I'd love to "kick start" her for sure! Not a fan here. She's always coming over during yard sales and causing trouble for my sims. Your blog about Judith's reaction to the ball was hilarious! ๐Ÿ˜„

Thank you! :) I must confess I've got a soft spot for Judith, but she does show up a little too often. When I test a new world, she will normally appear on the very first community lot that I visit. Might be a result if my Nancy Landgraab died ages ago. I often see her on demo vids for new packs from any corner of the universe - perhaps Judith is nothing but a stand in, or even worse - taking an odd job as an extra :)

Anyway, I'm having fun creating film posters featuring misc versions of Judith. She will never get into Horse riding in my game, though, not even for a role in a Western.

20221130.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    @Simmerville Great posters. Judith's definitely an icon in the game! Rivals Bella Goth, I think. The last time my Brindleton Bay sims saw her, she'd gone into the garden and shook the bee honeycomb just to irritate the bees! I'd never seen that before. I guess we were ignoring her, and she craves attention. ๐Ÿ˜†
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113078&authkey=%21ADqS2d-0ClLZqYA&width=1920&height=1080

BTW, I downloaded your CC horse balls. Fun designs. ๐Ÿ™‚
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113236&authkey=%21APLcsFjOqu76U5A&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    lanlyn wrote: ยป
    @Simmerville Great posters. Judith's definitely an icon in the game! Rivals Bella Goth, I think. The last time my Brindleton Bay sims saw her, she'd gone into the garden and shook the bee honeycomb just to irritate the bees! I'd never seen that before. I guess we were ignoring her, and she craves attention. ๐Ÿ˜†
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113078&authkey=%21ADqS2d-0ClLZqYA&width=1920&height=1080

BTW, I downloaded your CC horse balls. Fun designs. ๐Ÿ™‚
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113236&authkey=%21APLcsFjOqu76U5A&width=1920&height=1080

Awesome diva! We should have a thread dedicated to Judith, I think she often is up to weird actions :)

On my first visit to Chestnut Ridge, who else than Judith marched in at the bar in New Appaloosa? And after what I think was a bit less attention than she hoped for (I don't think anyone fainted), she walked right outside in the dark night to kick down a trashbin... not very glam ladylike.

Cool to see those balls in another game, thanks for posting! :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    I've so enjoyed reading about everyone's adventures with Horse Ranch. I am so late to the party but I'm finally done with my wedding and ready to embrace the ranch life. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Options
    After spending the last few months coordinating Hanna and Elliot's wedding Julianna has moved to Chestnut Ridge. She and her horse Domino are becoming fast friends.

NP1fLHq.png
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 551 Member
    I'm loving exploring all that this pack has to offer. I know so many people have said this already, but the horses are very well done - through all their different moods from scared to very happy, and with all the development of their skills. There's so much more to them than with any other type of animal in TS4 - I feel they are more like individual characters in their own right. And the world is beautiful. Chestnut Ridge feels unique and unlike any other world we have - though I don't yet have Strangerville so maybe there's overlap there.

Now to work out how to fit horses into the lives of my sims in other worlds...
  • Options
    @FreddyFox1234 so glad you're enjoying the pack! :)
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 551 Member
    @simgirl1010 :) I love all the animals in TS4 so this pack was always going to be one I'd enjoy!
  • Options
    I've just started gameplay in Chestnut Ridge and I'm loving it! I'm playing on the 64x64 lot and it's taking me a while to decorate my new home. My sim, Juliette has already perfected every plant but she's starting with a new garden for the ranch. Right now it's just Juliette and her horse Domino but more animals will be added soon.

Domino, thinking of Juliette. They're best friends. ๐Ÿ˜Š

NP1fLHq.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,075 Member
    @simgirl1010 , Domino is so beautiful <3

I still haven't even completed riding skill with my sim.. sometimes I wish not to play so slow :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,264 Member
    Well,I finally was able to get the pack.Here I put my gameplay and random thoughts.

I made two horses and humans.A daughter and father.

Horses are cute.
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu thank you! The horses have so much personality. The team really did a great job with them.

Julianna has moved to Chestnut Ridge and purchased the 64x64 lot. I downloaded a beautiful lot from the Gallery.

ZHKcFlv.png

It was just a little too pretty for a working ranch so I made a few adjustments.

44EmfGd.png

Stable area.
    sS7lqes.png

Garden.
    Kysc1ic.png

Pool.
    1qu30V1.png

Play area for the grandkids.
    78lp7zx.png

Livestock area.
    fmeXyYi.png

Gallery info if anyone wants to download the original.
    z0nkH9B.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    My thoughts currently its fun .I think the animals are well done here . The sheep,goats, and horses are all fun to play with.I have the selectable pet always mod .That make horses contrallable.I like the setting of the world .
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    09-22-23_9-38-58PM.png
    This is picture of my other sims
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I am loving this pack. I always tend to play the same way make money, paint, get rich and buy a mansion. I have tried to do different things but always go back. I keep telling my self slow done, but I don't. But with the horse pack I have slowed down and haven't painted a single picture. Yea me !!!
  • Options
    My criticism so far .Is I wish we had a new lot . I don't mind the bar or the night club .But it would be cool if we had a new community lot for the whole community meets .I do say I like the npcs wanting to help my sim s.
  • Options
    Took this while Julianna and Domino were out riding. So peaceful and serene. Perfect for a picnic.

2ZqfiIf.png