Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    WattTheNag wrote: »
    I can’t stand infants myself 😉

Their needs drop too quickly, nannies don’t look after them properly and the infant stage is too long.

maybe it’s just me being the parent of a pre teen child being past the baby stage though 😂

@WattTheNag welcome to the forum! :)

I'm sure you're not alone in your dislike of the infant stage. It's become one of my favorite game features. I've been playing my first infant now for about two months and still have several milestones to complete.

Next on the list is trying to manage a toddler and infant at the same time. :o

• Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it takes forever to unlock ALL the milestones? Like there isn't enough time for the infants to unlock them. I don't like to play with aging off, because then it messes with my rotational play. I use MCCC and have the infant age set to 7, same as toddlers. Maybe I just need to readjust MCCC aging?

@monjr8302
    I do. If you're not opposed to using mods, you might wanna give my infantcaretweaks mod a go.
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=34

@83bienchen Thanks for posting this! I'm having fun with my first go round but it did take a long time to get some of the milestones.
  • Options
    Faith has 7 milestones still to complete. That's 28 of 35 completed. We're currently focusing on the Spend 7 days in a haunted house milestone.

This was my first dabble with the Paranormal pack. I changed the lot type to haunted house residential and for extra measure added the spooky lot challenge.

rct1Ye2.png

I only have a couple days left but it's been quite fun playing in a haunted house. All sorts of spooky shenanigans going on. :p
    1yIexZh.png
    KMZJAJu.png
    qu2CTNk.png
    gg2iORQ.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited January 14
    @simgirl1010 You are in for a treat. I've been playing in a haunted house for the entire generation 3 of my legacy game, thanks to your giveaway as a matter of fact :)
  • Options
    @mightysprite I'm really having fun with it. Considering trying the Paranormal Investigator career.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I agree that it’s really hard to get the infant milestones. I play on Long lifespan which makes the infant stage 20 days, and even then it’s tough.
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 257 Member
    I agree that it’s really hard to get the infant milestones. I play on Long lifespan which makes the infant stage 20 days, and even then it’s tough.

Dang! Ok!
  • Options
    Elliott, Hannah, and Faith vacationing in Mt. Komorebi. With first vacation milestone achieved all 35 milestones are now complete. Someone's aging up to toddler!

LnQSYFQ.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but the lullaby feature on the crib is a blessing, especially if you have an infant with the snuggly sleeper quirk (I had 3 at once in my 100 babies game). Also, running the vaccuum in a room with a sleeping infant will wake them up.
  • Options
    Time to say goodbye to the Infant stage. At least for a while. :p I had so much fun with this first foray into infant milestones.

Happy Birthday Faith!

Wy8v7aF.png

uQmxzwV.png

And as usual a wardrobe change is desperately needed. :D
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 257 Member
    I too really enjoy the infant stage. Now, hopefully they'll make a preteen stage!! That would be LOADS of fun!!!
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    I too really enjoy the infant stage. Now, hopefully they'll make a preteen stage!! That would be LOADS of fun!!!

What unique gameplay do you envision for preteens?
  • Options
    edited January 28
    We have a couple of interesting discussions on Pre- Teens in the Speculation forum. Just to keep this thread on topic. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1009873/any-hope-left-for-pre-teens#latest

ETA:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18346671#Comment_18346671
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Time to say goodbye to the Infant stage. At least for a while. :p I had so much fun with this first foray into infant milestones.

Happy Birthday Faith!

Wy8v7aF.png

uQmxzwV.png

And as usual a wardrobe change is desperately needed. :D

I am actually sad to see her grow up. I liked seeing posts about her.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited February 12
    Wow. I am adoring my first infant. So well done with the lift head, first foods, crawling, moodlets. o:)

I wouldn't probably want more than one at once and I am not sure how one would get through everything on a normal lifespan.

but I am loving Alanna to absolute pieces. (she just slept through the night first time, likes rice porridge but unsure about applesauce...) <3
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I agree that the infants are very well done. I feel so personally involved and proud whenever one of them achieves a milestone! I actually find it hard to focus on other members of an infant’s household as I don’t want to miss noticing what the infant is doing 🙂
  • Options
    @Atreya33 I was sad also but I had to age her up to make way for the next one. 😄
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    @Atreya33 I was sad also but I had to age her up to make way for the next one. 😄

You started a lovely new thread about toddlers. That eased the pain. I may be mainly lurking in that particular thread but I do enjoy it and give posts a 'like'
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Glad you are having fun! I am having fun too with Emmeline my checklist challenge sim, who is an infant right now :)

I don't think the point is to get through every milestone. The top notch infant trait is about how much loving attention they receive, not about how many milestones they get.

It definitely isn't possible to get through all of them on normal lifespan. The infant stage lasts less than a week, so that rules out "spend 7 nights in a haunted house", for one thing
  • Options
    @NRowe can't wait to see more of Alanna. I'm so ready for another. 😄
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Why can I not get my sims to keep their infant in the darn backpacks? I had to be very quick to get this shot, they just keep taking her out and carrying her. Grrrr.....

02-17-24_2-46-08-PM.png?rlkey=kxqvpxm1odlvqr2f7b54auwnk&dl=0

Is there a secret to it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top