Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

Comments

• Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Found out that infants will bite caregivers they don't want.
    I had a male Sim have a science baby, and his brother was watching him, while he got some sleep.
    I got a notification that the baby bit his uncle when the uncle was holding him.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I think my young parents have reached burnout. They have a set of twins, closely behind their first son, who is now a Toddler. For some reason, Twin A isn't being helped to try foods as often as Twin B. This is unsettling. I do know sometimes Daddy finds a reason to leave the room instead of changing that nasty dirty diaper, but up until now, he's never refused to feed an Infant in the highchair. What is that all about?

I have an inkling, I've got the highchair of choice too close to the platform of the kitchen. He was standing on said platform and the animation left the spoon slightly above the Infant's mouth. I'm going to move it when I get into the game to see if that's possibly the problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • party151205party151205 Posts: 1 New Member
    right.....the new infants update...well not NEW but is anyone else suffering from a glitch where your sims are watching an infant yet they are not an infant anymore because mine is now a teen. Plssss help meee
  • KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    right.....the new infants update...well not NEW but is anyone else suffering from a glitch where your sims are watching an infant yet they are not an infant anymore because mine is now a teen. Plssss help meee

Maybe the parents are just helicopter parents :lol:
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I recommend to turn off your aging for your household, that will prevent the infant to instantly turn into a teen.
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    So thought I would try multiple infants (5 infants, 4 baby daddies, no mods, all born by end of second in-game week). Never again!

I think my sim mama was more sane than I was at the end. Even on long life span I barely achieved in the gross motor, fine motor, and social milestones for all five. There were several calls to nanny services at 2am so that she could get some sleep. Lots of sleep replacement and moodlet solver potions as well. I also had a strawberry plant in the bathroom so that if she was starving and didn’t have time to get to the kitchen, she could at least snack on some fruit.

I even cheated needs for all six at one stage (something I don’t think I have ever done before) because everyone was hungry and tired - but cheating needs for infants doesn’t sop them crying if they are gassy or like being held and you’ve put them down, or a multitude of other quirk-based things.

It was an experience! It was also good to see that infant faces can really differ from sim to sim. My first three boys had Paolo Rocca, Joaquin Le Chien, and Geoffrey Landgraab as fathers. Even though all three had their mama’s brown hair and eyes, you could easily see their fathers in the facial structure. The twin girls were fathered by Akira Kibo and one was clearly the daughter of Akira.

They all have the top-notch infant trait (phew!) and are now navigating their toddler years. Unfortunately four of the five have aggressive and/or destructive traits so the fun and games aren’t over for me yet!
    @Illandrya And here I thought I was risking it all by having three Toddlers and an Infant in the same home. To be clear, the eldest a boy came first followed very closely by his twin sisters. Then before the twins even turned into Toddlers, little Andrew was born. Thankfully, Jamison, the eldest is now a Child, so the dynamics have changed. But, yeah, it was crazy for a bit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    My third go at infants and I've got twins, I played 3 sim days and had to take a break, I don't even have the pack, I find them challenging enough as it is, sigh.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have mostly Science babies right now, since most of my Sims are single. Only two of my infants were born to a two of my couples. Another family did have a science baby together, but most were single.
    So far, most of my houses I have been keeping infants to one to two in each family so far. That way it is easier to manage, and I still want the adults to out number the babies, so they can get breaks. One of my poor single Sims has twins, so that one will be a challenge.
    For me, even though the babies tend to favor their parents, it is sometimes easier just to have all the adults pitch in, so that their parents can rest, or the other adult Sim can rest. Most of my Sims can't afford a nanny, but with the adults outnumbering the babies, it is easier to keep track of them.
    Also, I have at least one parent take a freelance job, so they can be around to watch the babies.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Well I'm about to start with my first infant. Soon. Gonna read through this thread again for any helpful tips.
    edited June 2023
    I have discovered, to my chagrin, that not all babies crawl. :open_mouth: My Sims' firstborn, only achieved the crawl milestone the day before he aged up to Toddler. Face/palm. His younger twin sisters never did crawl, and the boy who followed the twins didn't either. There's a question mark on the boy that's still an infant. He only has about nine days before he ages up, though. I've decided to let him do Tummy Time on his own, in the hopes that he'll be driven to achieve it on his own. IRL some kids are like that, yeah they are. :p
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    I have discovered, to my chagrin, that not all babies crawl. :open_mouth: My Sims' firstborn, only achieved the crawl milestone the day before he aged up to Toddler. Face/palm. His younger twin sisters never did crawl, and the boy who followed the twins didn't either. There's a question mark on the boy that's still an infant. He only has about nine days before he ages up, though. I've decided to let him do Tummy Time on his own, in the hopes that he'll be driven to achieve it on his own. IRL some kids are like that, yeah they are. :p

I think it maybe depends on how many siblings you have. When I played with the Briggs family who had six kids, the first one got most of her milestones whereas it was trickier with the younger ones. Which is pretty obvious since you’re caring for multiple kids at once! It does also help if the infant has the wiggly trait as they’re quicker at getting their motor milestones.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I can usually get the infants to have all their motor milestones but the social ones are beyond me. They can usually get four out of the eight (or six, I forget how many) - coo, laugh, babble, smile. I think I’ve only had one get their first word so far, maybe one that can blow a kiss, and only one that has managed to get a head start on communication as a toddler. Any advice on how to improve the social milestones?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Is there any obvious consequences of infants not getting most of the milestones before growing up to toddler? What if they don't learn to crawl, will that affect their ability to learn motor?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I get enough for Top Notch Infant - which are the basics - on all of them. The rest either happen or they don't lol.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Isn't top-notch infant about how much attention they receive from their family, not how many milestones they get?
    It's that way with the basegame infants.
    Of course, basegame doesn't have milestones, but I thought I remembered from the Growing Together livestream that that was how top-notch infant works in the pack as well.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    My two newest discoveries are that you can play violin with a baby in the back carrier, as well as open up the treasure chests from Jungle Adventure.
    vXNP4VX.png
    zxOzOBN.jpg

Also it's always cool to see what milestones pop up when you do new things with your infants, because it's not just the typical developmental stuff or even infant specific stuff :)
    lJ001Kc.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've been spamming my infants with practice crawling and just getting nowhere. It's frustrating. I have twins and I want to see them crawl.

And why oh why do they roll over in their sleep so often? My twins have their daytime nap together on the living room rug and every few seconds they're both rolling over. So unrealistic. I find it annoying.

And there are lots of infant glitches 😭
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I’ve discovered two things.
    1 - when teaching your infant to stand, make sure they’re close by a chair or sofa that they can use. I spent ages trying to get an infant to stand with no success, then took them into the living room, and the next attempt was successful. It seems the infant was too far away to begin with from something to pull themselves up with.

2 - if you have toddlers and infants, the toddlers will come into the room with the infants and sit on the floor while eating their meals, especially if at least one adult is there working with the infants. Several times now, I’ve directed the toddlers in my save to grab a meal and go eat while their parents are busy with the twin infants, and they have always headed towards where the infants are and sat down to watch while they’re eating!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Infants can appear as customers at owned retail stores!

Screen-Shot-2023-07-11-at-8-31-53-PM.png

Fortunately, dad appeared right after.
    Screen-Shot-2023-07-11-at-8-33-11-PM.png
    (The infants do not shop, they just stay on the lot with the Customer tag.)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

That is actually awesome

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’ve discovered two things.
    1 - when teaching your infant to stand, make sure they’re close by a chair or sofa that they can use. I spent ages trying to get an infant to stand with no success, then took them into the living room, and the next attempt was successful. It seems the infant was too far away to begin with from something to pull themselves up with.
    My infant learned with a rocking chair nearby and the rocking chair actually tilted forward when the infant grabbed onto it to stand. I think it only does it for the first time cause ever since I tried doing it again and the rocking chair didn’t budge.
  • KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member

I love how the baby is a customer but the dad isn't
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    One of my infants learned to stand whilst he was in his crib, pulling himself up on the bars. So that can happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top