Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited April 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    My infant played in the toilet and came out of it with a rubber duck, which she is now eating..

LOL in a gross sort of way. (I just may have to let my next Infant have ar it.)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    My very first Infant in game was a total blast. I have since had to delete said save as it became glitchy and the effect translated to the rest of the Save As in the main save. Don't ask me how, but I'm now realizing it was possibly the cc crib. I deleted the entire save needless to say, before I learned it was the cc crib, as others have pointed out. All of this to say, the following are from that original save.
    Meet Jamison Alexander Cantrell, son of Rock Star Erik Cantrell and his wife, Kayleigh.
    02OUVTF.jpg
    The parents were very excited to meet their Newborn.
    wOeGmyw.jpg
    xZW8RO0.jpg
    Before long, Jamison grew into an Infant.
    A cheerful, Sunny boy, the parents both worked with him until he could lift his little head.
    gePu5yQ.jpg
    qWFJmWr.jpg
    Finally, Jamison reached his first milestone.
    5cFU5hQ.jpg
    He also had his first blow out.
    NbqD2pF.jpg
    And he also peed on his Daddy.
    6OhbtYT.jpg
    Jamison proved to be a messy eater.
    8WzeDj8.jpg
    But of all the things he learned to do, this was the cutest of all.
    JBxAi5a.jpg
    badFhKQ.jpg

Jamison aged up gaining the award Top Notch Infant. I'm hoping for the same in the restart.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @AJC20178 and anyone else having the crib-feet bug without any CC in your game, would you consider making a bug report at AHQ? Afaik the only bug report up is related to games with CC in them.
  • Options
    sttenicsttenic Posts: 2 New Member
    hello ! i wonder if anyone could help me with this. I just updated my game and i noticed that the infant's skin look like when u got a broken cc, full of those red and white squares w the question mark. I tried to remove all my mods and cc but nothing worked, looks like its something from the game itself :(
  • Options
    Hi @sttenic and welcome to the forum :)
    After removing all mods and cc, try deleting your localthumbcache package file (in your The Sims 4 folder), and then doing a game repair through Origin/EA App. That will complete the process of removing mods and cc from the game.
  • Options
    sttenicsttenic Posts: 2 New Member
    @mightysprite hello ! still doesn't work :(
  • Options
    @sttenic Aw sorry to hear it. Hopefully someone more familiar with CC can be more help to you.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    The Sims 4: 7 Best Mods For Infants

The Sims 4 recently updated the game to improve the infant life stage, and already there are some great mods for players that want a little bit more.

https://gamerant.com/the-sims-4-best-mods-infants/#baby-bottle-replacement---sims-labs
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but infants can play with the dollhouse.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited April 2023
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but infants can play with the dollhouse.

I tested this when infants were just released, before I got growing together. It was really nice to see infants could use the doll house. I suppose with growing together infants need to learn how to sit up before they can play in the dollhouse?
    They can also play with all the toys from the toy box, not just the new toys that were patched in with infants.
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    Apart from looking cute, I hope they're less frustrating to deal with than newborns.

I'm glad the infants are much more interactive. I've two households I'm playing with on and off with an infant each, but I haven't explored anything really with them yet apart from getting them to sleep, feeds and changing, but I'm looking forward to doing more.

I'm trying not to play as much lately because otherwise I spend too long on the game and posting on here.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    rhbbX81l.png
    I actually haven't seen it in all houses for sure so maybe just some sim kids get really upset and jealous over the new baby, Alex was sad so he was sobbing at the computer while his little sister gained milestones because he felt outshined by her so I sent his parents to make him feel better. Halloween fun or no their kids come first.
    AWEj2Xfl.png
    Another thing I haven't noticed in all households some teens seem to just adore their youngest siblings and are just fine helping out, Cassandra normally goes to the baby first even when she doesn't need anything so their parents focus on the rest of the kids in the house. This is all quite cute.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    rhbbX81l.png
    I actually haven't seen it in all houses for sure so maybe just some sim kids get really upset and jealous over the new baby, Alex was sad so he was sobbing at the computer while his little sister gained milestones because he felt outshined by her so I sent his parents to make him feel better. Halloween fun or no their kids come first.
    AWEj2Xfl.png
    Another thing I haven't noticed in all households some teens seem to just adore their youngest siblings and are just fine helping out, Cassandra normally goes to the baby first even when she doesn't need anything so their parents focus on the rest of the kids in the house. This is all quite cute.

Yeah, my infants and toddlers are always getting all sad and angry when they get new siblings and get sentiments that cause them to get all moody whenever the parents take care of the sibling at all.....

One of my teens, though, often autonomously reads to her younger siblings and actually does it for a while, too, instead of starting to and then stopping after five seconds. I can't even get the parents to do that when I actually tell them what to do! I guess Kierra is just a natural! IDK if making her caregiver has anything to do with it, but she does help with the youngest she isn't set as caretaker for as well, so maybe it actually is just how she is. Whatever the case, I'm not complaining!
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I've discovered that the Snuggly Sleeper infant quirk is the WORST. They absolutely will not sleep for more than 30 minutes unless you're holding them or have them on your back. I eventually gave up and cheated it away, which I rarely do, but I didn't know how else to get the baby to sleep.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    becks1112 wrote: »
    I've discovered that the Snuggly Sleeper infant quirk is the WORST. They absolutely will not sleep for more than 30 minutes unless you're holding them or have them on your back. I eventually gave up and cheated it away, which I rarely do, but I didn't know how else to get the baby to sleep.

I had good luck if you soothe them to sleep in the crib.
  • Options
    I had my sim have a science baby, and he got married his wife was able to adopt the infant which is cute
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I had my sim have a science baby, and he got married his wife was able to adopt the infant which is cute
    After the adoption do they both show as the baby's parents in the family tree?
  • Options
    yes both are parents
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member

Nah, Hates Being Held is worse. I didn’t have much trouble with my Snuggly Sleeper, soothing to sleep worked. With my hates-being-held one, she’d get angry every time she was picked up, which, y’know, was a lot since infants can’t move much. I know you like being on your own, kid, but you can’t crawl yet so you will have to be picked up a few times. She was also Intense though which probably made it worse.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Have an independent toddler who goes everywhere on his own. Yet he loves being carried.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member

I had good luck if you soothe them to sleep in the crib.

Hm, that didn't work for me. But I'll try it again next time I get that quirk.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Some more discoveries of what you can do with an infant on your back

Light fireworks and sparklers
    6UGvV7u.png
    xaY3csd.jpg

Fix broken dollhouses
    xEZuzpF.jpg

Open umbrellas
    VKRlVf2.jpg

Interact with the beehive
    KcbmmX8.png

Jump in mud puddles
    dkTmtZk.png
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member

KcbmmX8.png
    This one cracks me up.
    "I'll cover myself from head to toe against those nasty bee stings. What? The baby? Pfft, whatever, they'll be fine."
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Thrior wrote: »

KcbmmX8.png
    This one cracks me up.
    "I'll cover myself from head to toe against those nasty bee stings. What? The baby? Pfft, whatever, they'll be fine."

"You wouldn't sting a baby, would you?!"
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    @Simgal1010, I believe it was, provided us with a list of Firsts for Infants, a little while back. I have to say in my game, my restarted Jamison provided a few not on said list Firsts: Blow Kiss; Clap; Peek-a-boo; First word and Wave. There may yet be others, Needless to say I'm happy to report he also aged up with Top-Notch Infant. I am now enjoying his younger twin sisters who aged to Infant recently. I also have to report, that Melodie sat up on her own. :open_mouth: Which is actually reflective of RL. I kept trying to get one of her parents to practice it with her, as they did Harmony, who got it right away. Melodie was still on the floor atop her little circular rug, or blanket or whatever it is, when I heard that sound and saw the glow about her. She sat up on her own! I'm just vexed at myself that clumsy-fingers me I released pause instead of the stuff on the screen and didn't catch the desired shot of it. Face/palm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top