Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we are going to get apartments, or tall townhomes with growing together?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

So, what do you think, do you think we will get some apartments, or some tall thin townhomes in the city that are like apartments in growing together? Trying to go screen by screen, I noticed in the beginning of the trailer there were some different colored tall apartments or townhomes, right after it looked like some one car garages. Then at the end of the trailer ( where it say March 16th it looked like there were 3 different colored 2 story apartments/townhomes with a pool in front. So do you think we are getting something akin to apartments in this expansion pack? Also, how many lots (including each separate apartment/townhome) do you think will come in the pack?

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member

As much as I would like that, I doubt it. Growing Together is a pack about families, the world looks very North American, and whenever I think of families in North America, I think of their depiction in movies and TV shows: a couple with two or three children and possibly a pet living in a nice single-family home in a suburban neighbourhood filled with houses like that, and maybe one or two community lots. And I think that's exactly what we're going to get, basically another Newcrest with a bridge in the background.

Then again, there's more than one neighbourhood, so who knows. I refuse to get my hopes up, however.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 2023

I just know that so many of us have asked for a refresh of get famous with a suburban ( middle class ) neighborhood and some beach lots, and they also missed the perfect opportunity for some more apartments there too. So, I’m hoping for a few beach lots, a suburban neighborhood and some townhome/apartments, in the new pack. I know a lot of people want some more apartments too. I love that they are adding a recreation center for elders, and I hope the cinema is a lot type, like the Karaoke bar and not a rabbit hole. We will certainly see soon. The water area they are adding looks like a cool addition too, and the new puzzles and games. Oh, and the playable tree house! This new pack has a big possibility of becoming one of my favorites!

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I think we might get some apartments in one neighbourhood at least, since the whole place is set in the city. In the beginning of the trailer you can see lots of rabbit hole looking small apartment buildings around the park area, and the cinema building appeared to be set in a city looking environment. So, I think we might get some small apartment buildings like in Eco Lifestyle. One neighbourhood is definitely residential and is described as such in the blog post.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/news/the-sims-4-grow-together-guided-tour

Sims can explore three neighborhoods in San Sequoia: Anchorpoint Wharf, Gilbert Gardens and a relaxed residential locale, Hopewell Hills, which has a slower pace that seamlessly mixes elements of modern and traditional craftsman-style homes. We certainly love the beautiful and elegant design of a craftsman-style home!

On another note I really hate the new comments section, there's no preview button, and the formatting buttons are not very intuitive.

• Options
    lynreplieslynreplies Posts: 4 New Member
    Well, with every expansion we do get a new build mode feature like cottage living was ponds.. snowy escape was platforms.. so I wonder what's next I'm praying spiral staircases!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2023
    I really wish we could have proper set of townhomes with this it would make this world so much more likeable for me

apartments could be fun too
    or like one storey row house with little yard just imagine

unfortunately I don't think theres gonna be much else besides the usual craftsman houses

dang it I kind of wish that theres some 20x15 lots tbh I have so many big houses in my game already that I am kind of tired of them and yet again it looks silly to me if i just blob tiny house on obvious mansion lot 😅

guess theres gonna be at least couple big lots though because of the treehouses n such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I hope we do, but if there's any type of apartments/townhouses in the world knowing TS4, they will probably be fake backdrop buildings to give the illusion of them. Just like Copperdale (or whatever it is called) had a fake motel that everybody just knew was an apartment building. Nope!

You would have certainly thought that after they introduced them in San Myshuno originally, that most worlds after that would have had some type of multi-family structure in it when it made sense. Especially since we, the players, don't have the ability to create them ourselves. TS4 is very proud of the beautiful, pretty to look at worlds, and don't want the players to ruin their vision of how the worlds should look. Biggest pet peeve of mine for the last 8 years!

But, I've just learned not to expect anything and that way I don't get ticked off when it's not included or it's fake.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Nope.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I would love to have apartments in other worlds as well as San Myshuno. I hear there are apartments in Evergreen Harbour aswell, but I don't own Eco Lifestyle. It's the only expansion pack I have no interest in, so a bit annoying lol.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I kinda don't think so. This doesn't seem to me luke a pack that would bring apartments but who knows! They might surprise us.
    I'm also a bit surprised how many people want apartments. I could never really get into them because they are so uncustomizable. And even when I get past that fact and try to live in one because I like the idea of an apartment, the neighbor's apartment sitting there as an unselectable blocked out area really annoys me lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited February 2023
    I hope there's at least one or two apartment buildings in there. We got them with Eco Lifestyle and it's been a couple of years since that pack so I don't see why not. If we can't build our own apartments I like that we can have several of them through different worlds.

Apartments weren't really the -core- feature of Eco and we still got them so there might be a chance we get them on this one being a more family oriented pack and San Francisco inspired world.

I would love to see something like this:

106004126-1562333829839gettyimages-811025648.jpeg?v=1627572910

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I'm also in the "unfortunately, no" camp, though I am always happy to be pleasantly surprised. Some colorful townhomes would certainly fit the area, and be fun to use. I really loved the Bella's Belles Townhomes in Belladonna Cove that came with Apartment Life in TS2; imagine what the TS4 art team could do with an updated version of those!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Well I took another look at the reveal trailer, I'm now going to definitely say probably not. Those apartments/townhomes at the beginning are fake, just backdrop shells. You can tell because they don't have real windows (otherwise you'd be able to see through them)
    GtTlmuG.png

1Y3jS7d.png

w1f5A2m.png

Nh0l537.png

And the image at the end of the trailer, I think might just be a pretend apartment created by one of the Game Changers (or whatever they're called now) on a normal residential lot.
    4R5g2Pj.png

But I'm a little emo now, cause apartments were one of my biggest wishes for this pack, but I'm not holding out much hope so I am not disappointed.

Plus ..... they emphasized the fact that the residential neighborhood boasts craftsman style homes.
    Anchorpoint Wharf, Gilbert Gardens and a relaxed residential locale, Hopewell Hills, which has a slower pace that seamlessly mixes elements of modern and traditional craftsman-style homes. We certainly love the beautiful and elegant design of a craftsman-style home!

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Well I took another look at the reveal trailer, I'm now going to definitely say probably not. Those apartments/townhomes at the beginning are fake, just backdrop shells. You can tell because they don't have real windows (otherwise you'd be able to see through them)
    GtTlmuG.png

1Y3jS7d.png

w1f5A2m.png

Nh0l537.png

And the image at the end of the trailer, I think might just be a pretend apartment created by one of the Game Changers (or whatever they're called now) on a normal residential lot.
    4R5g2Pj.png

But I'm a little emo now, cause apartments were one of my biggest wishes for this pack, but I'm not holding out much hope so I am not disappointed.

Plus ..... they emphasized the fact that the residential neighborhood boasts craftsman style homes.
    Anchorpoint Wharf, Gilbert Gardens and a relaxed residential locale, Hopewell Hills, which has a slower pace that seamlessly mixes elements of modern and traditional craftsman-style homes. We certainly love the beautiful and elegant design of a craftsman-style home!

That last image looks like the console launch house that's been on the Maxis Gallery forever.
  • Options
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

That last image looks like the console launch house that's been on the Maxis Gallery forever.

Could very well be, the OP just mentioned it in her original post so that's why I commented on it. I don't pay any attention to the Gallery, so very possible.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @Chicklet453681 Well to be fair, we can't see through windows unless they're on the same floor the camera is currently on, but yeah in those pictures the camera is at the first floor and so we should be able to see through the first floor windows if they are real.
    I think they're backdrop buildings too.

I also cannot imagine that they would introduce a feature as cool as townhouses and then neglect to make a big deal about it during the trailer.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @Chicklet453681 Well to be fair, we can't see through windows unless they're on the same floor the camera is currently on, but yeah in those pictures the camera is at the first floor and so we should be able to see through the first floor windows if they are real.
    I think they're backdrop buildings too.

I also cannot imagine that they would introduce a feature as cool as townhouses and then neglect to make a big deal about it during the trailer.

From what I've seen this trailer was more about the babies and those are a free update.
    Maybe the gameplay trailer will have more stuff in it. I saw on YouTube some people speculate that there will be hotels.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i doubt it but i wish. townhomes or row houses would be perfect. even a couple apartment lots like eco lifestyle would be great.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I could see them adding apartment's to San Sequoia if it's a senior living facility. Sims would have to be in the elderly life stage to move there and it would most likely be 1 bedroom apartment's.

I was disappointed Copperdale reused a faux motel shell from Del Sol Valley, we were speculating whether it could be an apartment complex. I feel there's certain functionality from City Living that they aren't willing to reuse in the newer packs. At least with Eco Living you can see the apartment's environment change but you can't complain about your neighbors making loud noise. I kind of wish we could get a second City Living world for this pack with a different city vibe.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    By the way, for anyone else who is nostalgic for Bella's Belles Townhouses from TS2, I was just browsing my library, and remembered that a while back I downloaded lilsimsie's Tricky Townhouses... which looks very similar to Bella's Belles in my opinion, both in terms of the facade and the interior layout. Of course, as always, you'd have to use workarounds, like locking the front doors of each "townhouse" to certain sims, and you'd need smaller sub-households. But I think I may add it to my San Sequoia, if I can find the right spot.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I don't think we're getting apartments at the very least. I know we're definitely getting some kind of suburban homes. I watched a LilSimsie video and she mentioned that she did some lots for the game, and how much she likes doing blue suburban homes. But how the one in the trailer isn't one she did.
    And Deligracy also mentioned that she had made some lots too. I can't remember if either of them had specifically mentioned that those lots were homes; I don't think they were allowed to say. But it seems likely.

Given what I've seen Deligracy build on YT, and LilSimsie mention liking to build; there will probably be a suburban section, and Maybe at least one more modern area that is still homey. And that would still fit with a family pack in the city. So maybe townhouses, especially if it's based on San Francisco.

We only have the two packs with apartments, and the ones in Eco are kinda 🫤, but apartments would be good for families too. And good for storytelling. On one hand, it would make a lot of sense to have 3 neighborhoods. Divide them by suburban with more space, more modern townhomes, and then apartments. Maybe have the community center by the apartments, the cinema by the townhomes, or whatever.

But idk what they'll actually do. They might just decide that single family homes are the epitome of family life, and give us the white picket fence life for the entire pack.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The townhouses would be more to my liking. Tiny lots with postage stamp backyards barely large enough for a swing set and a BBQ area, then a 3-story home with views of the city and harbor. I think this pack will have many different types of outdoor areas chock full of activities that will be perfect for everyone looking for something to do. And as San Sequoia is being represented as a city in California, the kind of lifestyle our Sims will have will be very different from the ones they have in the other worlds. Vacationing in places with snow will have more meaning because there is seldom snow in their home world. Granite Falls and Mount Korarabi will seem like trips to Lake Tahoe or to the ski resorts at Mount Shasta. Land in the real world is expensive and not everyone can afford to purchase acreage, so building up rather than building massive single-story homes makes more sense. And gives more weight to having parks, walking trails and a community center to visit whenever being at home becomes boring. But time will tell if my vision of the new world matches the team's. I realize there are two other neighborhoods to consider, but we will know more about those during the March3 Live Stream.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2023
    honestly with the amount of suburban house worlds we have could we at least have some new freaking siding colors for base game ones

give me the rainbow and more maybe I'll actually enjoy building them then

also like more colorful/contrasting swatches not just like white with yellow tint

that has never looked good in the game and you know it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2023
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Then at the end of the trailer ( where it say March 16th it looked like there were 3 different colored 2 story apartments/townhomes with a pool in front.

It's only the thumbnail of TS4 trailer playlist

nxbxfooxrkfd.jpg