Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about assigned seating?

This isn't super high on my priority list of things I'd love in TS4 or the next installment but it would be super convenient to have the option of assigned seating. Why? Because it would tie into gameplay so nicely! For example family dinners, you could assign a certain parent at the head of the table or both parents at each end of the table, with kids on the sides. Also weddings could be more organised with assigning seats of your party guests. Or funerals if you do those, you could ensure the first row of seats are reserved for immediate family, and not random guests. I think it would be a nice additional option.
7qffjymyc7xj.png
tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    No idea how hard to do, but would love this <3 Great idea!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2022
    In particular the children could react when somebody takes their seat.

I remember my brothers fought a lot because of this matter.
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member

I remember the same thing with my siblings!
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    Binibini wrote: »

I remember the same thing with my siblings!

Yeah, but my siblings are still kids so it's less of a memory and more of a current nightmare, but I like this idea it is simple and we have assigned beds so why not seating?
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited November 2022
    Yes, please. I've wanted this for a long time. I would love to be able to assign sims seating at dinner and in the living room.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I would like this in my game. Especially I like that in fner families the parents have their regular seat, but it's quite random whether kids or guests occupy it or not, so I can't waste gaming time rearranging seating for a rather short meal.

I'm pretty sure I saw a MOD assigning dining c hairs like we can assign beds. It's been a while though and I have no idea whether that mod is still being updated. I think I saw it at modthesims.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg